New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default One million and one uses for prestidigitation..

People around here refer to this spell as a form of 'limited wish'. I am need help in creativity with this spell so hence this thread. List the situation and how you can use prestidigitation for it.

Like..

1. Dirty Dungeon that you can get lost in? Clean your way through the halls to mark where you have been.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: One million and one uses for prestidigitation..

Use it to soil a wizards spellbook, rendering it useless because they can't distinguish the markings from the soilings.
    Even the luckiest men have an ace up their sleeve.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

'Who pooped in mah spellbook?'

One wonders why the wizard can't cast PreshowdoIspellthislongword to clean it again?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Change the flavor of food to make it taste good. Make your kids' vegetables taste like candy! Save money on spices!

Change the flavor of food to make it taste bad. Hilarious prank!

Change the flavor of non-food to make it taste like food. Just imagine your enemy's face when you reveal that the "chocolate ice cream" he just ate was actually something else entirely! Make a Fortitude save against disease, buddy!

Clean your laundry. Detergent? Who needs detergent? That's what magic is for!

Chill or warm your drinks. Coffee got cold? Reheat it!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

prestidigitation is basically the ultimate quality of life spell. it just lets you do so many things that would otherwise be a tedious chore in moments.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Make water taste like mead.
    Make mead taste like water.
    Change the burnt steak flavor to that of candle lit buttered lobster.
    Make Crude Puppets
    Make a business card.
    Cheat at a card games by creating cards.
    Heat up your bedroll at night
    Cool down your food if it's to hot.
    Change your armor color
    Change your hair color
    Make a paper airplane fly around you in a circle for an hour.
    Make confetti to throw at people.
    Make a fighter look like he pissed him self
    Make a fighter look and smell like he **** himself
    Oxyclean your shirt
    Get water cool it down to turn it into slush then make a snowcone

Anyways this topic I think has been created a number of times. Use your google fu skills.
    "Touch my rice bowl will you... Summon the commoner warlocks!" "We have gathered the material components my lord!" millions of chickens died that day.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I believe WOTC posted something that stated an item can be dampened with the spell, which gives it Fire Resistance 2.

I can't be the only one who is thinking of using this on large floating objects (say, logs), then using them to make a lava-proof boat.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

A new Junkyard Wars round is up! Come join Weapon Bond + Weapon Specialization - Fighter!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Remember the sustaining spoon?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Sustaining Spoon
    This unremarkable eating utensil is typically fashioned from horn. If the spoon is placed in an empty container the vessel fills with a thick, pasty gruel. Although this substance has a flavor similar to that of warm, wet cardboard, it is highly nourishing and contains everything necessary to sustain any herbivorous, omnivorous, or carnivorous creature. The spoon can produce sufficient gruel each day to feed up to four humans.

Faint conjuration; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, create food and water; Price 5,400 gp.

Yeah, it tastes like cardboard.

Now it tastes like a feast!

Behold the might of least wish!
    Last edited by Zweisteine; 2015-03-21 at 09:21 AM.
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar (not currently in use) by Gurgleflep 15370262 328.
    How to play a monster.

I am currently Very Busy, and having limited D&D activity, so I am currently inactive.
    I got a long signature!
    DFTBA! Smilies!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    Remember the sustaining spoon?

Yeah, it tastes like cardboard.

Now it tastes like a feast!

Behold the might of least wish!
    Hmmm.....what if you stuck the spoon into a massive container, like a million gallon tank. Its says that it fills the container. Even though you have 1m gallons of gruel, its only enough to feed 4 humans. So each human has to each 250k gallons to fill up. No big deal.
    Now let's define "container"
    How about a container ship, full of gruel. Does it sink. Do crew members have to make swim checks. Does it create hindering terrain.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    'Who pooped in mah spellbook?'

One wonders why the wizard can't cast PreshowdoIspellthislongword to clean it again?
    While cleaning it, they may accidentally "clean" one of their spells out of the book. Mostly, it's just to prank the wizard though.
    Even the luckiest men have an ace up their sleeve.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Turn the crossbow bolt loaded into a crossbow, (one that isn't actively being used,) into a tangle of vines thus rendering the crossbow useless.
    Homebrew PrC: The Performance Artist

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

I played in a naval campaign once. At one point, we picked up a little girl and her pet bear as passengers on our ship. She had Sorcerer levels and lots of daily uses of prestidigitation, and she used them to turn the whole ship Lisa Frank pink for hours at a time.

Let me tell you, if you ever want to undermine your credibility as a pirate, painting your ship bright pink and drawing sparkling unicorns on your flags is a good place to start.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

wink Re: One million and one uses for prestidigitation..

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    I played in a naval campaign once. At one point, we picked up a little girl and her pet bear as passengers on our ship. She had Sorcerer levels and lots of daily uses of prestidigitation, and she used them to turn the whole ship Lisa Frank pink for hours at a time.

Let me tell you, if you ever want to undermine your credibility as a pirate, painting your ship bright pink and drawing sparkling unicorns on your flags is a good place to start.
    That mist be one small ship

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

A million and one uses, to bad 999,001 of them are actually beyond its power.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post

Yeah, but if you go full Badass, it'll reverse itself.

"OH GOD! I KNOW THAT SHIP!!! IT'S CREW ARE UNSTOPPABLE ENGINES OF DEATH!!!!!!!! NO ONE ELSE WOULD BE INSANE ENOUGH TO HAVE A SHIP LIKE THAT!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    "I Burn!"