New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Questions about Leadership and Dragon Cohort

Can the playground help me with these two feats?

What would happen if a character were to take both the Leadership and Dragon Cohort feats? Would he get two cohorts?

What happens to your dragon cohort as you level up? Does it level up like other cohorts, or is it bound to a dragon's "level up by aging" thing?

If it doesn't level up, what should you do when it starts getting weaker as you and the enemies start getting stronger?

Would Dragon Cohort provide any kind of "synergy" bonus/penalty to Leadership?

Thanks in advance!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questions about Leadership and Dragon Cohort

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kraken View Post
    Can the playground help me with these two feats?

What would happen if a character were to take both the Leadership and Dragon Cohort feats? Would he get two cohorts?

What happens to your dragon cohort as you level up? Does it level up like other cohorts, or is it bound to a dragon's "level up by aging" thing?

If it doesn't level up, what should you do when it starts getting weaker as you and the enemies start getting stronger?

Would Dragon Cohort provide any kind of "synergy" bonus/penalty to Leadership?

Thanks in advance!
    You would get two cohorts, the dragon does level up, but does not advance dragon HD until it is old enough (it simply gains class levels), ask your DM about synergy bonuses, YMMV
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    You would get two cohorts, the dragon does level up, but does not advance dragon HD until it is old enough (it simply gains class levels), ask your DM about synergy bonuses, YMMV
    And very few games go on long enough to advance a dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I see... also, do feats and abilities that apply to cohorts gained through Leadership also apply to the dragon cohort?