New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

"No, it's regular steel. It's in what passes for my office in Felandria's house right now. The wizard, Suscipio, had it in his collection, I think," Wenomir explains. "It's a fine piece. Just not my style. I'm used to two-handed weapons."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Halfling in the Playground

"You think there's any chance these days of me getting you on the firearms wagon, Wenomir?" Adir asks with a sly grin. "A good gun hand certainly won't woo the ladies like a swordsman's arms, but they can really save your neck."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #873
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((No problem Murkus))

"Well, as I said I can't really play the game due to my size."
    Mr.C replies. "So you don't need to worry about it."
    "What anglees do you use in your deck?"
    "Well I'm glad you asked!" Naku says, before reaching into the little bag she always has with her, and pulling out a little plastic box. She sits back at the table, before pulling her cards out, and spreading them with a practiced hand across the table in front of her in a fan shape.
    "I've goooot this one and her and good old Jubes, and the archangel here who really does most of my work," Naku, unless interrupted, carries on like this for quite some time. She quite likes her deck (partially because of the art, honestly), and is super excited to finally get to show it to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Ben looks up at her with an expression that can only be called beaming despite his mouth structure.
    "Oh, indeed. My collection isn't that big but that's only because it's only been growing for a measly decade. Now that I have all the time in the world there's nothing stopping me from expanding it for years and years.

But uh, do you mind if I order something? It's my first morning as a dragon so I don't really know what I like. And I haven't really got any teeth to chew with."
    he says, idly tapping his beak of a mouth with a talon.
    "Oh! Yes! Of course! My apologies for delaying your ordering! What would you like?" Naku asks, pulling out a little notepad to write things down on.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Ben blinks.
    "Uuuuh, I guess I'll take whatever flavor of coffee is the current house special. Though, given my size I might need the whole pot.

...and maybe a straw. I don't know how else I'd drink it with this thing."
    he says, poking at his beak.
    "And uh, any recommendations on a snack? I think I can manage even if I can't chew. " he says.
    This is all very weird.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #875

Ben blinks.
    "Uuuuh, I guess I'll take whatever flavor of coffee is the current house special. Though, given my size I might need the whole pot.

...and maybe a straw. I don't know how else I'd drink it with this thing."
    he says, poking at his beak.
    "And uh, any recommendations on a snack? I think I can manage even if I can't chew. " he says.
    This is all very weird.
    "We've only got the one time, so should be easy to get for you! And a straw!" Naku makes the note on her paper pad.
    "Maaaybeee scrambled eggs? I'm not sure."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Ben considers this. Then, embarrassed, he looks at Naku again.
    "Would you have any...popcorn? I've had the strangest craving for something buttery all morning." he says, thinking his words carefully.

Coffee and popcorn is not a normal meal. But it is food. At least he hasn't gotten any cravings to eat amethysts.

7. - Top - End - #877

Ben considers this. Then, embarrassed, he looks at Naku again.
    "Would you have any...popcorn? I've had the strangest craving for something buttery all morning." he says, thinking his words carefully.

Coffee and popcorn is not a normal meal. But it is food. At least he hasn't gotten any cravings to eat amethysts.
    "Yeah, of course!" Naku says, writing more stuff down on the notepad. "Extra butter, then? I could also get you some toast you could slather butter onto, if you wish?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Ben shakes his head.
    "That would be a little extreme. Just one thing at a time, please." he says politely.
    He's sure he's onto something with the popcorn, he just can't put a claw on what it is, exactly...

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "You think there's any chance these days of me getting you on the firearms wagon, Wenomir?" Adir asks with a sly grin. "A good gun hand certainly won't woo the ladies like a swordsman's arms, but they can really save your neck."
    "My answer continues to be no," Wenomir says. "It's not who I am. Explaining it has never worked well, so you'll just have to take my word for it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #880

Ben shakes his head.
    "That would be a little extreme. Just one thing at a time, please." he says politely.
    He's sure he's onto something with the popcorn, he just can't put a claw on what it is, exactly...
    "Sure thing. I'll be back in just a few." Naku says, before bowing slightly, backing away, and heading off to go get everything.
    She comes back a handful of minutes later with the pot of coffee, and a large bowl full of buttery popcorn. She places the stuff on the table in front of Ben, and asks "Anything else?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Ben lowers his head near the bowl, and snakes out his long, prehensile tongue to snatch up a few kernels, which crunch softly in his beak.
    "No, I think that'll be all." he says, trying not to be too freaked out by his instincts catching him unawares again.

12. - Top - End - #882

Ben lowers his head near the bowl, and snakes out his long, prehensile tongue to snatch up a few kernels, which crunch softly in his beak.
    "No, I think that'll be all." he says, trying not to be too freaked out by his instincts catching him unawares again.
    "Sure thing! Do you want some company?"
    Show

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Ben looks up from sipping his coffee through a straw. Man, this is going to take some getting used to.
    "If you'd like. Don't want you to get in trouble with your job for me." he replies.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Well I'm glad you asked!" Naku says, before reaching into the little bag she always has with her, and pulling out a little plastic box. She sits back at the table, before pulling her cards out, and spreading them with a practiced hand across the table in front of her in a fan shape.
    "I've goooot this one and her and good old Jubes, and the archangel here who really does most of my work," Naku, unless interrupted, carries on like this for quite some time. She quite likes her deck (partially because of the art, honestly), and is super excited to finally get to show it to someone.

"Oh! Yes! Of course! My apologies for delaying your ordering! What would you like?" Naku asks, pulling out a little notepad to write things down on.
    Mr. C listens and gives sometimes a comment about possible combos with other white cards that sometimes may not be angle^^. It should be said unless he holds them in front of him, MrC will have some problems looking at them.

"These are some nice cards. You should take good care of them. I only have this one card and there have been enougth situations where it got wet or burnt." Most times means whenever Mr.C would get burned or drown.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #885

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "My answer continues to be no," Wenomir says. "It's not who I am. Explaining it has never worked well, so you'll just have to take my word for it."
    "I refuse!" Adir says heartily. He doesn't quit very easily. "Though I'm curious, can you shoot a bow? Would you like to learn that?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

"I used to poach with my father when times were lean," Wenomir says. "But... it's been a while. I'm not sure if I still remember how to handle a bow. I decided to use throwing knives because they're easy to carry."

17. - Top - End - #887

Adir purses his lips and looks ponderous. He puts up a hand, palm open. "Well, say, wanna go throw some knives? We can make a game of it. Whoever loses buys drinks, for next time. A tavern's drinks," the stag says, his characteristic idiot grin returning. "Maybe I can still teach you a thing or two."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir snorts and nods.

"You're on. I'll be merciful and order something cheap," he says, with what sounds like actual humour.

19. - Top - End - #889

If anyone from HALO was in the Roost, they may just recognize one of the women walking in. Her brown skin, short black hair, and the light scars across her face mark her as Iamar. But rather than the dark leather armor that HALOites associate with Iamar, this woman is wearing a set of green robes. Also, her face may be obscured by the dragon lady she's carrying.

"You know what I'm going to call you, right Cathie?" she says.

20. - Top - End - #890

Ben looks up from sipping his coffee through a straw. Man, this is going to take some getting used to.
    "If you'd like. Don't want you to get in trouble with your job for me." he replies.
    "I'll have you know," Naku starts to inform Ben even as she pulls over a chair and sits herself down. "I had them make talking with people a part of my job, so that I can actually do this without any risk of that being a problem. So nooooo worries there.
    Anything you'd like to talk about?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mr. C listens and gives sometimes a comment about possible combos with other white cards that sometimes may not be angle^^. It should be said unless he holds them in front of him, MrC will have some problems looking at them.

"These are some nice cards. You should take good care of them. I only have this one card and there have been enougth situations where it got wet or burnt." Most times means whenever Mr.C would get burned or drown.
    Some of the combos Naku even has! Like Norn's Annex and Jubesy. She quite liked that particular combo.
    But she also took notes of the combos she didn't have, because they were well worth looking into!

"Yup! I've got some card sleeves on the way. Soon as they get in, these are going to be super safe."

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    If anyone from HALO was in the Roost, they may just recognize one of the women walking in. Her brown skin, short black hair, and the light scars across her face mark her as Iamar. But rather than the dark leather armor that HALOites associate with Iamar, this woman is wearing a set of green robes. Also, her face may be obscured by the dragon lady she's carrying.

"You know what I'm going to call you, right Cathie?" she says.
    "Is iiiiiit 'My Eternally Beloved?'" The dragon lady in her arms asks, nuzzling at her carrier's shoulder fondly. Anyone from HALO might recognize the dragon lady as Catherine, though with a few notable changes: she had no wings, was a lot shorter than her HALO-counterpart, had horns on the side of her head, rather than on the top, had some scales showing along her neck and under her chin, and she was wearing basically a full set of plate armor. "Because I know what I'm calling youuuu~"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891

"Now, that may be true, but you should add 'Lazy' somewhere in there. This wasn't a far walk at all! And your armor's a bit heavier than it looks." Despite her complaints, Iamar looks gleeful as she walks over to a nearby booth and gently plops Catherine down on the seat.

22. - Top - End - #892

"Now, that may be true, but you should add 'Lazy' somewhere in there. This wasn't a far walk at all! And your armor's a bit heavier than it looks." Despite her complaints, Iamar looks gleeful as she walks over to a nearby booth and gently plops Catherine down on the seat.
    "But it wasn't a far walk!" Catherine counters, being dropped off into her seat with some loud clanking noises. "And it was waaaay more romantic this way!"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir snorts and nods.

"You're on. I'll be merciful and order something cheap," he says, with what sounds like actual humour.

"You got the hands, swordsman, but my father gave me his eyes,"
    Adir boasts with a great gleaming grin. "Let's go find something to throw at."

((Shall we have them go throw at the Den or someplace, or handwave the actual knife-throwin contest? :P))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Ben reflexively extends a wing as Naku sits next to him, but hesitates, leaving it just sort of hanging there behind her instead of the half-hug that his brain was thinking of. Naku is free to push it away or pull it around her.
    "If you don't mind talking about me for just a little longer...do you think I make a good dragon? Every time I think about how this is me for the rest of ever I keep feeling like I'm in over my head."
    Truth be told, it isn't very hard to tell that he's kind of a dork, but if Naku thinks fancy metallic dragons can be huge dorks, she wouldn't be lying to say yes.

25. - Top - End - #895

Ben reflexively extends a wing as Naku sits next to him, but hesitates, leaving it just sort of hanging there behind her instead of the half-hug that his brain was thinking of. Naku is free to push it away or pull it around her.
    "If you don't mind talking about me for just a little longer...do you think I make a good dragon? Every time I think about how this is me for the rest of ever I keep feeling like I'm in over my head."
    Truth be told, it isn't very hard to tell that he's kind of a dork, but if Naku thinks fancy metallic dragons can be huge dorks, she wouldn't be lying to say yes.
    Naku notices the wing, and, with a smile, pulls it closer for the hug. She quite likes hugs.
    "I don't mind in the slightest!
    Hmmm."
    She replies, honestly thinking on the question. "I would say yes. You make a good dragon indeed. Not all dragons are all about the 'rawr gotta kill villages to make people fear me'," the facial expression she makes during that was not meant to be mocking at all, just lighthearted and fun. "there are ones around here in the NEXUS, I've heard, that just entirely avoid violence. And they make good dragons.
    And then you even have a goal in mind. You worried about me getting in trouble with me job, you want to help people, and you have a goal you want to move towards. I think you make a fantastic dragon."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Ben clicks his claws together, giving Naku a gentle hug with his wing.
    "Th-thank you. I just feel like I'm expected to be...classy though, if I'm not intimidating. All regal like. And meanwhile I'm just here worrying about how weird it feels that I'm naked in public. I mean, scales count, but still..."

27. - Top - End - #897

Ben clicks his claws together, giving Naku a gentle hug with his wing.
    "Th-thank you. I just feel like I'm expected to be...classy though, if I'm not intimidating. All regal like. And meanwhile I'm just here worrying about how weird it feels that I'm naked in public. I mean, scales count, but still..."
    "But you're going to be collecting classic movies, and watching them all? How is that not classy?

The feeling naked though, not sure I can do much to help. You could maybe get a sort of necklace? It's not much, but it's something?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "But it wasn't a far walk!" Catherine counters, being dropped off into her seat with some loud clanking noises. "And it was waaaay more romantic this way!"
    "You're lucky I love you so," Iamar says. "I don't know who else would be so willing to carry you wherever you like right after you fight your way through a dungeon."

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe. I think I'll just have to get used to it though. It's more the lack of pants feeling than anything else that I'm feeling." Ben admits.

30. - Top - End - #900

"You're lucky I love you so," Iamar says. "I don't know who else would be so willing to carry you wherever you like right after you fight your way through a dungeon."
    "Yesss. Yes I am." Catherine replies, resting her chin in her palm, and looking up at Iamar. "Absolutely no one else. You're entirely unique in that field~"

"Maybe. I think I'll just have to get used to it though. It's more the lack of pants feeling than anything else that I'm feeling." Ben admits.
    "Hmmm. I understand that. Maybe you could just say to heck with it, and start a dragon fashion trend?"
    Show