New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "I hope so to. I - well, she means a lot to me." Ashley plays with a bit of her hair without realizing it. "Sure, I'll take some coffee."
    "I'll be right back, then." Naku says, before doing her customary bow and back away from Ashley.

She comes back, as promised, in just a few minutes, and places the coffee on the table in front of Ashley, before sitting down across from her. "Sooooo. Tell me about yourseeeelf." She asks in a friendly tone.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Linde]

The crimson-tressed coffeeholic nods in understanding, eyes shining with sympathy.
    Similar story for me. in my case, after a nasty accident at the hands of a ghoul, which in my world are people with the misfortune of being born into a race that's only able to consume flesh. The same one was slain in the same incident, I was rushed for organ transplant, and those of said ghoul were used. It turned me into the Half-Ghoul I am now, which was a problem as I worked for a government agency that hunted down ghouls. We didn't make distinctions between the ones that avoided homicide to feed and the slaughterers, unfortunately, in that classic hamartia of forgetting a creature is not a thing but an individual.

[Akane]

The spirit-paladin doesn't have anything to add herself, watching with a mirthful grin and look of eagerness.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist's ears fold back.
    "What? Come on, Naku, you know I don't do stuff like that. I was just hoping you had pictures of all his funny frowns that I'm sure he made the whole time." he says quietly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #664

Ashley takes the cup of coffee and waits for it to cool down a bit. "I don't think there's much to tell. I'm a wizard, but sometimes it feels like everyone in the Nexus is a wizard.

5. - Top - End - #665

"Alright girls, you know the rules and you know the consequences," Yasmine says, as she shuffles a deck of cards with expert dexterity. For the sake of pointless intimidation, she demonstrates a series of complex shuffling tricks. "Entirely luck based, honest," she repeats from earlier with the injured innocence distinctly lacking, as she begins to deal one card after another between the three of them.

"So how lucky are the two of you feeling tonight?"

(And she is being honest, it's mostly luck based, so would you both like the winner to be decided by any special way or just abstract how lucky you are, or if you cheat? Either way, a round is fairly long, there's plenty of time to talk in between.)

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #666
    Orc in the Playground

Dr. Ilyona Reyes and her brother and Desya 'Lyov' Reyes the doll-like part-android people walk into a bar... well, actually a restaurant inn thingie place. She is dressed in a spotless white labcoat, her four bare arms a metallic green, while he has two arms hidden somewhere, adorned in a black leather coat, a top hat and black pants.

Their faces are quite mismatched, with a stitch running along the length of their faces. Of course, they have stitches all around their bodies, as if they were made by a brilliantly mad doctor. Their heads balance on a rather thick cord, which allows them to rotate their heads almost 360 degrees in either direction.

To unlookers, they appear to be 'uncanny valley' personified, with she being somehow wrongly cute, and him being somehow handsome in a wrong manner.

"Look, Lyov! We can have yaw stupid tea hewe!" Ilyona says. Her voice is high-pitched and childlike.
    "Tea isn't stupid, dearest Ilyona." Lyov responds as he leads them to a seat. His voice is more reserved and calm, with a posh english accent to go with her french accent. "No more stupid than Kool-Aid."
    "Hey!" She protests as she lightly punches him in the arm. As they move, there's the very very faint sound of machinery working. "Koow-Aid is sweet and wovewy!"
    "Of course it is." He mutters under his breath.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-08-25 at 08:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    [Linde]

The crimson-tressed coffeeholic nods in understanding, eyes shining with sympathy.
    Similar story for me. in my case, after a nasty accident at the hands of a ghoul, which in my world are people with the misfortune of being born into a race that's only able to consume flesh. The same one was slain in the same incident, I was rushed for organ transplant, and those of said ghoul were used. It turned me into the Half-Ghoul I am now, which was a problem as I worked for a government agency that hunted down ghouls. We didn't make distinctions between the ones that avoided homicide to feed and the slaughterers, unfortunately, in that classic hamartia of forgetting a creature is not a thing but an individual.
    Linde

"Thaaaat sounds like it was painful. I'm sorry to hear that." Naku says, frowning in sympathy. "And is there something where there's no possible hope for you guys to just live with each other? Not that it's just a case of 'we've been fighting so we just have to continue mindlessly'?"

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Mist's ears fold back.
    "What? Come on, Naku, you know I don't do stuff like that. I was just hoping you had pictures of all his funny frowns that I'm sure he made the whole time." he says quietly.
    "I never said you did, no need to be so defensive. But he really wouldn't have liked it, I feel. For you or anyone.

So Ally did probably take some. You'd have to ask her."

Ashley takes the cup of coffee and waits for it to cool down a bit. "I don't think there's much to tell. I'm a wizard, but sometimes it feels like everyone in the Nexus is a wizard.
    "I can understand that." Naku says, grinning, and lifting up the left side of her top lip. "I've met so many vampires since I got here."

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Alright girls, you know the rules and you know the consequences," Yasmine says, as she shuffles a deck of cards with expert dexterity. For the sake of pointless intimidation, she demonstrates a series of complex shuffling tricks. "Entirely luck based, honest," she repeats from earlier with the injured innocence distinctly lacking, as she begins to deal one card after another between the three of them.

"So how lucky are the two of you feeling tonight?"

(And she is being honest, it's mostly luck based, so would you both like the winner to be decided by any special way or just abstract how lucky you are, or if you cheat? Either way, a round is fairly long, there's plenty of time to talk in between.)
    (Naku's not one to cheat. If it comes down to it, we could just roll something to decide a winner.)

"Well. I've gotten free from home, I've got a roof, food, and no one killing me.
    Very lucky."
    Naku replies, smiling still.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Dr. Ilyona Reyes and her brother and Desya 'Lyov' Reyes the doll-like part-android people walk into a bar... well, actually a restaurant inn thingie place. She is dressed in a spotless white labcoat, her four bare arms a metallic green, while he has two arms hidden somewhere, adorned in a black leather coat, a top hat and black pants.

Their faces are quite mismatched, with a stitch running along the length of their faces. Of course, they have stitches all around their bodies, as if they were made by a brilliantly mad doctor. Their heads balance on a rather thick cord, which allows them to rotate their heads almost 360 degrees in either direction.

To unlookers, they appear to be 'uncanny valley' personified, with she being somehow wrongly cute, and him being somehow handsome in a wrong manner.

"Look, Lyov! We can have yaw stupid tea hewe!" Ilyona says. Her voice is high-pitched and childlike.
    "Tea isn't stupid, dearest Ilyona." Lyov responds as he leads them to a seat. His voice is more reserved and calm, with a posh english accent to go with her french accent. "No more stupid than Kool-Aid."
    "Hey!" She protests as she lightly punches him in the arm. As they move, there's the very very faint sound of machinery working. "Koow-Aid is sweet and wovewy!"
    "Of course it is." He mutters under his breath.
    "Irasshaimase." Naku says, bowing at the newcomers. "If you take a seat, I'll be right with you."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Orc in the Playground

"Japanese. Either a passable attempt to be Japanese, or the real thing. Look, bwother! It's a vampawa! I shaw wike to study haw, take haw apawt undaw my scawpel!" Ilyona is excited! A new project! Perhaps, this one will be willing to be experimented on, maybe a few cybernetic enhancements here and there, some nerves removed, samples of brain and body tissue, little things.

Lyov sighs and gently leads Ilyona to the nearest table. "We shall wait here. Might we get some tea, in the meantime?"

9. - Top - End - #669

"Japanese. Either a passable attempt to be Japanese, or the real thing. Look, bwother! It's a vampawa! I shaw wike to study haw, take haw apawt undaw my scawpel!" Ilyona is excited! A new project! Perhaps, this one will be willing to be experimented on, maybe a few cybernetic enhancements here and there, some nerves removed, samples of brain and body tissue, little things.

Lyov sighs and gently leads Ilyona to the nearest table. "We shall wait here. Might we get some tea, in the meantime?"
    Naku gives the duo a very, very flat, un-amused look. "I'm afraid you can't afford me. That is most definitely not going to happen. You also forgot your accent for a bit there." Naku says to the one that mentioned wanting to take her under their scalpel.

"Fine. Two glasses of tea. Anything else?" She says, though is obviously still highly un-amused.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670
    Orc in the Playground

Lyov notices her lack of amusement, and doesn't seem to care. In truth, he prefers it to the overly loud Japanese-spouting tone she approached them with. "Wrong choice of words, we can afford to buy this establishment if we so wished. In any case, my sister could make you better and help you with your pesky taste for blood." He pauses. "Sardined eggs and some bread, please."

Ilyona, on the other hand, is quite clueless as to why Naku is being unamused. "Wet's buy haw, bwothaw!" She suggests. Knowing what he'd say to that, she backtracks. "She is quite wean, though. Maybe she hasn't been dwinking bwood?" Then on the subject of food. "I want cookies!"

11. - Top - End - #671

Lyov notices her lack of amusement, and doesn't seem to care. In truth, he prefers it to the overly loud Japanese-spouting tone she approached them with. "Wrong choice of words, we can afford to buy this establishment if we so wished. In any case, my sister could make you better and help you with your pesky taste for blood." He pauses. "Sardined eggs and some bread, please."

Ilyona, on the other hand, is quite clueless as to why Naku is being unamused. "Wet's buy haw, bwothaw!" She suggests. Knowing what he'd say to that, she backtracks. "She is quite wean, though. Maybe she hasn't been dwinking bwood?" Then on the subject of food. "I want cookies!"
    Naku raises an eyebrow. "No, no. That was the correct choice of words. Since I'm not this establishment. You don't buy me by buying the building. Plus, there's no way Aiden or Ally would take any amount of money for this place." Then she scribbles some stuff onto her little notepad, and chooses to entirely ignore all their comments about blood, aside from "I don't want her help.

White or whole wheat, and toasted or not? And what type of cookies?"
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-08-26 at 02:02 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "I can understand that." Naku says, grinning, and lifting up the left side of her top lip. "I've met so many vampires since I got here."
    "Man, and so many different kinds of vampire, too." Ashley grins as well. "Some people ask me what kind of wizard I am and they look so disappointed when I say 'just a wizard'. I get a couple people insisting that I'm actually a witch or a sorceress." She rolls her eyes at that.

13. - Top - End - #673

Naku rolls, and does not get any 5s or 6s at all in that roll. "So that's bad."
    "A bit" Mr C says. "Three of your guys go to the great Waargh now. That makes 2 on my side and three on your side."

Mr C puts the figures away and saluts at his fallen Space marines befor he comes back.

"That means your guys lost the fight due to loosing more people then they killed. You now roll for their Moral to look of your guys panic. Roll two dice and the result must be lower then your bosses Moral."

Mr.C shivers at the newcomers and their statements. Such people only cause trouble.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #674
    Orc in the Playground

Naku raises an eyebrow. "No, no. That was the correct choice of words. Since I'm not this establishment. You don't buy me by buying the building. Plus, there's no way Aiden or Ally would take any amount of money for this place." Then she scribbles some stuff onto her little notepad, and chooses to entirely ignore all their comments about blood, aside from "I don't want her help.

White or whole wheat, and toasted or not? And what type of cookies?"
    "Oh no, I'm not offering to buy the place. A bodyguard and a biologist doctor have no need for a place like this." Lyov explains. "Whole wheat bread, please. Thank you, young one." He stops her for a moment, then eyes her up and down. "It is your choice in the matter, of course. If you need a doctor and Ilyona is who you can find, be very clear as to your intentions."

"Wyov, being a spoiwspowt!" She sticks out her tongue, which is just a bit too long. "I want pancakes, then! Pancakes and honey! And chocowate! And othaw sweet things!" Ilyona lists out as the things she wants. "And change tea to chocowate miwk!" She claps her metallic hands with a 'tink' as she smiles brightly at Naku, apparently clueless as to her offence.

That's when she notices the purple hair. While Lyov is a bit peeved at it (and the anime culture at large, silly Lyov!), Ilyona seems to be fascinated. "Pretty purple hair. Lyov probably hates it, but I like it. Yaw haiw! It is so pwetty, and so purpwe! Is it weal? Can I touch it?"

In short, Lyov doesn't care too much, seeing Naku's lack of amusement as a necessary evil to keep her quiet, while Ilyona is clueless of the fact that her words could have made things worse.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-08-27 at 06:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #675

"Man, and so many different kinds of vampire, too." Ashley grins as well. "Some people ask me what kind of wizard I am and they look so disappointed when I say 'just a wizard'. I get a couple people insisting that I'm actually a witch or a sorceress." She rolls her eyes at that.
    "More than I ever thought possible, lemme tell you.

Really?"
    Naku asks, not doubting Ashley at all, just that that entire idea seems somewhat odd. "Witches and sorceresses and wizards are all entirely different things. If anything, I would imagine a better question, and one I'd love to hear an answer to if one such exists, is are there any specific types of spells you truly enjoy and excel at?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "A bit" Mr C says. "Three of your guys go to the great Waargh now. That makes 2 on my side and three on your side."

Mr C puts the figures away and saluts at his fallen Space marines befor he comes back.

"That means your guys lost the fight due to loosing more people then they killed. You now roll for their Moral to look of your guys panic. Roll two dice and the result must be lower then your bosses Moral."

Mr.C shivers at the newcomers and their statements. Such people only cause trouble.
    "Huh. I didn't expect these guys to be cowards. They don't look smart enough. And lemme tell ya, the ones back home never stop." Naku says, before rolling, and finally getting nothing but 6s.
    "I think these dice hate me."

"Oh no, I'm not offering to buy the place. A bodyguard and a biologist doctor have no need for a place like this." Lyov explains. "Whole wheat bread, please. Thank you, young one." He stops her for a moment, then eyes her up and down. "It is your choice in the matter, of course. If you need a doctor and Ilyona is who you can find, be very clear as to your intentions."

"Wyov, being a spoiwspowt!" She sticks out her tongue, which is just a bit too long. "I want pancakes, then! Pancakes and honey! And chocowate! And othaw sweet things!" Ilyona lists out as the things she wants. "And change tea to chocowate miwk!" She claps her metallic hands with a 'tink' as she smiles brightly at Naku, apparently clueless as to her offence.

That's when she notices the purple hair. While Lyov is a bit peeved at it (and the anime culture at large, silly Lyov!), Ilyona seems to be fascinated. "Pretty purple hair. Lyov probably hates it, but I like it. Yaw haiw! It is so pwetty, and so purpwe! Is it weal? Can I touch it?"

In short, Lyov doesn't care too much, seeing Naku's lack of amusement as a necessary evil to keep her quiet, while Ilyona is clueless of the fact that her words could have made things worse.
    Naku shakes her head slightly, and lets the first part of the conversation die. "Whole wheat, sure. And please don't call me young one. My name is Naku. Yes," Naku says in response to his last bit about needing a doctor, "but for right now I don't need one."

Naku just continues writing down what Ilyona wants, offering no comment as to the change.

"That's fine if he doesn't like it. That's his right. It is, in fact, natural, and no, you cannot touch it. It takes a while to get properly set up."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah, of course. You are a vampire, so are not young. You've probably seen a lot. Perhaps, I was wrong at first glance, you're the type who's only outwardly happy as a means to hide what she's seen. Or not." Lyov shrugs, opens a newspaper and keeps reading.

Ilyona pouts (or a side of her face does) when she's denied the right to touch it. "Awww... that's too bad." She sounds sad. "Can I take a pic, then? Just one pictuwe!"

17. - Top - End - #677

"Ah, of course. You are a vampire, so are not young. You've probably seen a lot. Perhaps, I was wrong at first glance, you're the type who's only outwardly happy as a means to hide what she's seen. Or not." Lyov shrugs, opens a newspaper and keeps reading.

Ilyona pouts (or a side of her face does) when she's denied the right to touch it. "Awww... that's too bad." She sounds sad. "Can I take a pic, then? Just one pictuwe!"
    "Sure. One picture would be fine. Then I'll go get you guys your food and drinks." Naku says, closing her notebook, and putting it into her pocket.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #678

"I don't know, people have weird concepts of magic sometimes. I don't deal with potions or rituals, so I'm obviously not a witch, right?" Ashley rolls her eyes again. "Oh well, it's not like I'm trying to impress them or anything like that."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Orc in the Playground

"YAY!" Ilyona squeals as her head bobs about slightly on her thick cord of a neck. A camera is brought out and a very high-definition picture of Naku is taken.

(I think I'll make the l-into-w wisp (and I did it again ) err, lisp an occasional thing to make her easier to understand. Just keep in mind that she talks like Elmer Fudd with the r-into-w thingie.)

"I weww (will) use this pictuaw faw the advancement of science! Thank you, Naku! Now, go get us oawa (our) food, thank you!"

20. - Top - End - #680

"I don't know, people have weird concepts of magic sometimes. I don't deal with potions or rituals, so I'm obviously not a witch, right?" Ashley rolls her eyes again. "Oh well, it's not like I'm trying to impress them or anything like that."
    "Yeah, exactly. People are strange." Naku says, shaking her head. "Yeah. Just keep on being you, for your own sake."

"YAY!" Ilyona squeals as her head bobs about slightly on her thick cord of a neck. A camera is brought out and a very high-definition picture of Naku is taken.

(I think I'll make the l-into-w wisp (and I did it again ) err, lisp an occasional thing to make her easier to understand. Just keep in mind that she talks like Elmer Fudd with the r-into-w thingie.)

"I weww (will) use this pictuaw faw the advancement of science! Thank you, Naku! Now, go get us oawa (our) food, thank you!"
    "Iiii fail to see how the picture will further science?" Naku says, obviously highly confused.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Orc in the Playground

"Iiii fail to see how the picture will further science?" Naku says, obviously highly confused.
    Ilyona smiles. "I mean awtificiaw hair that looks and feews just wike yaws!" She proclaims, then reveals a lock of velvety hair. "I made this, too!"

22. - Top - End - #682

Ilyona smiles. "I mean awtificiaw hair that looks and feews just wike yaws!" She proclaims, then reveals a lock of velvety hair. "I made this, too!"
    Naku blinks a few times. "You have a picture though. You can't get feel from a picture." Confused Naku asks, confusedly. "Anyway. I'll just go get you your stuff." She says, before turning and heading off to go get food. Unless they stop her first.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683

[QUOTE=Mee;19727503]Linde
    "Thaaaat sounds like it was painful. I'm sorry to hear that." Naku says, frowning in sympathy. "And is there something where there's no possible hope for you guys to just live with each other? Not that it's just a case of 'we've been fighting so we just have to continue mindlessly'?"
    Linde shrugs, thought in her expression as she ponders.
    I don't know, it's a possibility they may get along one day though. There are ways to feed and not kill, and it seems possible of people do acknowledge our humaity.

(Naku's not one to cheat. If it comes down to it, we could just roll something to decide a winner.)
    "Well. I've gotten free from home, I've got a roof, food, and no one killing me.
    Very lucky."
    Naku replies, smiling still.
    (Dice roll is good! Akane's got nothing up her sleeves!)
    I have a cause to fight for and a life to live,My own luck holds well
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

Naku blinks a few times. "You have a picture though. You can't get feel from a picture." Confused Naku asks, confusedly. "Anyway. I'll just go get you your stuff." She says, before turning and heading off to go get food. Unless they stop her first.
    "Siwwy gewl. Of cawse I can synthesize feew!" Ilyona chuckles at Naku's confusion, but neither of them stop her.

(MINOR INTERACTION WANTED, while Naku goes to get the twins their food.)

While they have been left to themselves, Ilyona begins excitedly chatting with her 'bwothaw' Lyov. He smiles faintly as he responds to her, his eye on the redhead girl (Linde) in the distance...

25. - Top - End - #685

"Huh. I didn't expect these guys to be cowards. They don't look smart enough. And lemme tell ya, the ones back home never stop." Naku says, before rolling, and finally getting nothing but 6s.
    "I think these dice hate me."
    Mr.C shrugs. "It's a game. Those rules count for near everyone. Some have an ability to prevent be effected, but let's not drift to deep."
    He takes two dice and rolls. "So your guys are running away, scared by the deaths of their brothers. Now you roll 2 dice for how far they run. I try to case them and I got a 7 with my two dice. If you don't roll more, my gys overrun them stabbing their swords into their back...or something like that."

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

"I never said you did, no need to be so defensive. But he really wouldn't have liked it, I feel. For you or anyone.

So Ally did probably take some. You'd have to ask her."
    "Uh, sure, okay." says Mist, who immediately decides to drop the subject.
    "So, anything happening around here recently? Or soon?" he asks conversationally.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #687

"It probably says something positive about you or very negative about your life that you consider no one trying to murder you lucky," Yasmine says, passing out cards. She has no plans to cheat this round. "Most would call that neutral at best, but don't let me tell you how to count your blessings."

"I was referring more to gambling. Cards, dice, the little wheel with the ball."
    Collecting her cards into a pile she immediately starts arranging them into groups.

Edit: okay, that jacked up on me, I'm going to let it loop around.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2015-09-01 at 09:13 AM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #688

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Linde shrugs, thought in her expression as she ponders.
    I don't know, it's a possibility they may get along one day though. There are ways to feed and not kill, and it seems possible of people do acknowledge our humaity.

(Dice roll is good! Akane's got nothing up her sleeves!)
    I have a cause to fight for and a life to live,My own luck holds well
    Linde

"Well, I do honestly wish you the best of luck. It definitely won't be easy."

"Siwwy gewl. Of cawse I can synthesize feew!" Ilyona chuckles at Naku's confusion, but neither of them stop her.

(MINOR INTERACTION WANTED, while Naku goes to get the twins their food.)

While they have been left to themselves, Ilyona begins excitedly chatting with her 'bwothaw' Lyov. He smiles faintly as he responds to her, his eye on the redhead girl (Linde) in the distance...
    As Naku walks away, she just shakes her head slightly. There was definitely one property about her hair they weren't going to be able to replicate.
    She comes back in a minute or two though with the food, and places it on the table in front of them. "Will that be all?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mr.C shrugs. "It's a game. Those rules count for near everyone. Some have an ability to prevent be effected, but let's not drift to deep."
    He takes two dice and rolls. "So your guys are running away, scared by the deaths of their brothers. Now you roll 2 dice for how far they run. I try to case them and I got a 7 with my two dice. If you don't roll more, my gys overrun them stabbing their swords into their back...or something like that."
    Naku rolls, and indeed, only gets a 6. "So then they get overrun and hugged to death?"

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "Uh, sure, okay." says Mist, who immediately decides to drop the subject.
    "So, anything happening around here recently? Or soon?" he asks conversationally.
    "Iiii don't know for sure. Normally I've been trying to change cosplays once a week, but Ally really wanted to do a Fire Emblem Friday, so I don't know how long that's going. I don't think we have any other events planned, but we should maybe try to plan some. Those sound like they could be fun."

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "It probably says something positive about you or very negative about your life that you consider no one trying to murder you lucky," Yasmine says, passing out cards. She has no plans to cheat this round. "Most would call that neutral at best, but don't let me tell you how to count your blessings."

"I was referring more to gambling. Cards, dice, the little wheel with the ball."
    Collecting her cards into a pile she immediately starts arranging them into groups.

Edit: okay, that jacked up on me, I'm going to let it loop around.
    Naku chuckles a bit. "Yeah, it really does, doesn't it? But you know, optimism when you can and all that." Before saying that "I actually think I'd like a drink for this. Do you two want anything? I could get us all some water pretty quickly."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689

Naku rolls, and indeed, only gets a 6. "So then they get overrun and hugged to death?"
    "In a not 18+ version, yes. In the other case it's more like they shoot them in the back, hit them with their chain swords,energiehammers or energyswords in the back or do whatever brutal way you can think of." Mr. C says keeping silent for a moment. As he does the figures start to move by themself, making the scene I don't really want to describe. There is no blood or else, since those figures are plastic, but you get what they do.

"Yep, this game is very violent if you think about it." he finally admits. "Well, thanks for the time. I hope you had fun, too. The rules slow this game down and make it hard for new people to get into things."

30. - Top - End - #690

Linde
    "Well, I do honestly wish you the best of luck. It definitely won't be easy."
    Nodding, the One-Eyed Ghoul's lips form into a kind grin
    Life is never an easy thing: it's difficult to destroy, arduous and painful to create, and taxing to sustain, not to mention its habit of resisting death. I guess it's only fitting that the trials of living are so challenging.
    Linde muses.
    Naku chuckles a bit. "Yeah, it really does, doesn't it? But you know, optimism when you can and all that." Before saying that "I actually think I'd like a drink for this. Do you two want anything? I could get us all some water pretty quickly."
    ((replying later))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show