New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1474

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Plan K

"Okay, then. Here goes nothing," Ashley says, unreasonably nervous as she flips through the songs. It takes a bit, but eventually she settles on a song.

Unlike Naku, Ashley doesn't immediately start dancing around, she mostly stands in one spot. However, while her singing voice isn't amazing, it's actually rather pleasant to listen to, even if she's still a little quiet. One thing that is notable is the she changes the lyrics a bit, so that she's talking to a girl in the song, rather than a boy.
    By the end of the song, her face is burning, and she can't really think of anything to say.
    Plan K

Naku was smiling all throughout the song. Not in any sort of mocking way. She was really enjoying Ashley's singing. She might not have been thebest, but that was okay! She was having fun! Naku was having fun! And that really was what she figured mattered.
    Naku claps for her when she finishes. "That was really good!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1112

Plan K

Ally walks up to the Roost and finds, to her slight surprise, that the front door is locked. And what sounds like music is coming from inside? "Curiouser and curiouser", she mutters to herself as she braces the heavy box against her hip with one arm. Oh damn, that's a good idea! I gotta talk to Naku about that theme. She fishes a slender pair of torsion wrench and hook pick out of a concealed pocket in her maid uniform and gets them placed into the lock with one hand. Do like a Mad Hatter's Tea-Party on a normally slow day... I'd dress as the Red Queen, of course. Fitting innit, what with all the running I've been doing just to stay in the same place... Seconds later, the redheaded thief businesswoman taps the last pin above the shear line and twists the wrench to pop the door open. She returns the lockpicking tools to her pocket and carries the box inside without any more noise. Ally probably catches the last half of Ashley's song, hiding in the darkened hallway to listen before cautiously poking her head to assess the situation.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #1113

Plan K

Ashley lets a smile creep on her face when Naku compliments her. "You really think so? I wasn't sure I cou-" And then she glances in entirely the wrong direction and sees her girlfriend.

If she had nothing to say before, now she had even less to say. She had no idea what Ally had heard. Did she hear the song at all? Now Ashley's face was somehow even redder than it was before, and she's just stammering.

4. - Top - End - #1114

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Plan K

Ally walks up to the Roost and finds, to her slight surprise, that the front door is locked. And what sounds like music is coming from inside? "Curiouser and curiouser", she mutters to herself as she braces the heavy box against her hip with one arm. Oh damn, that's a good idea! I gotta talk to Naku about that theme. She fishes a slender pair of torsion wrench and hook pick out of a concealed pocket in her maid uniform and gets them placed into the lock with one hand. Do like a Mad Hatter's Tea-Party on a normally slow day... I'd dress as the Red Queen, of course. Fitting innit, what with all the running I've been doing just to stay in the same place... Seconds later, the redheaded thief businesswoman taps the last pin above the shear line and twists the wrench to pop the door open. She returns the lockpicking tools to her pocket and carries the box inside without any more noise. Ally probably catches the last half of Ashley's song, hiding in the darkened hallway to listen before cautiously poking her head to assess the situation.
    Plan K

Ashley lets a smile creep on her face when Naku compliments her. "You really think so? I wasn't sure I cou-" And then she glances in entirely the wrong direction and sees her girlfriend.

If she had nothing to say before, now she had even less to say. She had no idea what Ally had heard. Did she hear the song at all? Now Ashley's face was somehow even redder than it was before, and she's just stammering.
    "Yeah! It was good, you did great! You-you okay?" Naku asks, apparently not having noticed Aly yet. "It really did do well! I enjoyed listening to you sing!" She encourages, placing a cool hand onto Ashley's shoulder, and smiling reassuringly -- difficult as that is to do with fangs -- at her.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #1115

Plan K

Whoops. Ally would ever be visibly embarrassed at being caught sneaking around, so her blushing must be from something else. She walks into the room like she owns the place and drops the box on a handy table with an overly loud thud! in the slightly awkward silence. Soooooo... What's going on here, girls?

6. - Top - End - #1116

Ashley takes a moment to stay shocked that Ally definitely heard her singing. It would be bad enough if Naku had laughed at her, but what if she thought she wasn't any good?

"Well, uh, Naku brought this weird music thing in, and she wanted me to help her test it, and I didn't want to at first, but it looked like a lot of fun, so I kind of sort of sang a song that I knew."

7. - Top - End - #1117

Plan K

Whoops. Ally would ever be visibly embarrassed at being caught sneaking around, so her blushing must be from something else. She walks into the room like she owns the place and drops the box on a handy table with an overly loud thud! in the slightly awkward silence. Soooooo... What's going on here, girls?
    Ashley takes a moment to stay shocked that Ally definitely heard her singing. It would be bad enough if Naku had laughed at her, but what if she thought she wasn't any good?

"Well, uh, Naku brought this weird music thing in, and she wanted me to help her test it, and I didn't want to at first, but it looked like a lot of fun, so I kind of sort of sang a song that I knew."
    "Oh hey Ally." Naku says, before letting Ashley explain what was, in fact, going on here. "I ordered a Karaoke machine. It arrived today. Ashley helped me set it up. She's much better at the electrics than I am.

You should sing too!"
    She says with that glint in her eye, same as the one she had when she suggested Ashley should sing. "I mean that seems fair."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Presently, there's some scratching at the door!
    Whatever could that be?
    Will Naku find out?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #1119

Plan K

Carry o'key? So it plays music and you, what, just sing something? Ally snuggles right up to her girlfriend and puts a hand on the mage's thigh, a gesture surprisingly intimate for the situation. Although Naku knows she and Ashley are a thing, the slender redhead has so far managed to refrain from overt displays of affection for one reason or another. Come on Naku, I'd sound terrible coming right after her.

10. - Top - End - #1120

Plan K

Ashley's a bit surprised at the gesture - they hadn't done much at the Roost, probably because it was Ally's workplace and all. But it's certainly not unwelcome, and Ashley lays her hand on Ally's own. "No, I'm sure you wouldn't. You'd probably be better than me."

11. - Top - End - #1121

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Presently, there's some scratching at the door!
    Whatever could that be?
    Will Naku find out?
    She does, actually! As she opens the door. The time is seperate from the Karaoke Time that's going on in the rest of this post, and it's more early morning, though.
    "Hello?" She asks curiously, door open.

Plan K

Carry o'key? So it plays music and you, what, just sing something? Ally snuggles right up to her girlfriend and puts a hand on the mage's thigh, a gesture surprisingly intimate for the situation. Although Naku knows she and Ashley are a thing, the slender redhead has so far managed to refrain from overt displays of affection for one reason or another. Come on Naku, I'd sound terrible coming right after her.
    Plan K

Ashley's a bit surprised at the gesture - they hadn't done much at the Roost, probably because it was Ally's workplace and all. But it's certainly not unwelcome, and Ashley lays her hand on Ally's own. "No, I'm sure you wouldn't. You'd probably be better than me."
    "Weeee could all sing?" Naku supplies, honestly debating the idea. It could be fun! They'd just all have to agree on a song. Which could be bad. "That's exactly it! It plays, we sing. I think you'd be great! You shouuuld. Or we all shouuuuld."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

On the other side of the door is....!
    A snowy owl?
    She holds up an envelope in her talons.
    "My grandson told me to give you this. Naku, yes? He was right about not missing you." she says in a delicate Japanese accent.

13. - Top - End - #1123

On the other side of the door is....!
    A snowy owl?
    She holds up an envelope in her talons.
    "My grandson told me to give you this. Naku, yes? He was right about not missing you." she says in a delicate Japanese accent.
    Naku blinks at the newcomer. This was, uh, this was definitely a first.

"Yes I am. Your grandson?" She asks, politely reaching to take the envelope.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku gets one (1) envelope!
    "Mist. He asked me to go untracked and unnoticed. I have not had a good cause to use such skills in ages." she says in satisfaction.

15. - Top - End - #1125

Naku gets one (1) envelope!
    "Mist. He asked me to go untracked and unnoticed. I have not had a good cause to use such skills in ages." she says in satisfaction.
    Naku, uh, Naku doesn't touch that one. She's unsure how an owl is the grandmother to a foxkid, but she just focuses on what was said just now.
    "Must be a good cause. What's in the envelope then? He in trouble?" She asks, even as she opens it to see what's inside.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

"I believe he thinks you are."
    Inside is a letter and a certain photograph.
    Naku,
    Some black-haired, fanged creep came poking about the Inn, asking for you. I played dumb, but I'm pretty sure he had me figured out. Smiled when I asked if the girl in the picture was his daughter.
    I didn't give him much to work with but if he goes looking for the previous owner of the Inn he might find you guys. Though I'm sure both you and your business partner have your tracks covered, for different reasons.
    I'm telling Grandma Sora to go full stealth mode on this one, so don't worry about him tracking her to you. But he's playing it nice, acting like he's looking for a lost little girl, so even with his Bad News Smile it's only a matter of time before he charms or 'charms' someone into pointing him the right way. Please be careful.

-M. A.

17. - Top - End - #1127

"I believe he thinks you are."
    Inside is a letter and a certain photograph.
    Naku,
    Some black-haired, fanged creep came poking about the Inn, asking for you. I played dumb, but I'm pretty sure he had me figured out. Smiled when I asked if the girl in the picture was his daughter.
    I didn't give him much to work with but if he goes looking for the previous owner of the Inn he might find you guys. Though I'm sure both you and your business partner have your tracks covered, for different reasons.
    I'm telling Grandma Sora to go full stealth mode on this one, so don't worry about him tracking her to you. But he's playing it nice, acting like he's looking for a lost little girl, so even with his Bad News Smile it's only a matter of time before he charms or 'charms' someone into pointing him the right way. Please be careful.

-M. A.
    Naku's face went entirely flat when she saw the picture. She remembered that day. That was not a day she ever wanted to remember.
    "Iii appreciate," Naku says very slowly, of someone coming up with the words to speak with great difficulty, likely through a wall of rage. "you bringing this to me. And your discretion. You can tell him it won't be a problem. Thank you for the warning."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

"You let us know now if there's anything we can do for you. My grandson cares about you quite a lot, you know. He'd insist on helping if he was here." Grandma Sora tells Naku.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Plan K

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Weeee could all sing?" Naku supplies, honestly debating the idea. It could be fun! They'd just all have to agree on a song. Which could be bad. "That's exactly it! It plays, we sing. I think you'd be great! You shouuuld. Or we all shouuuuld."
    Ally smiles as she gives in. Okay, I'll try singing. But I haven't learned many songs since I got here. Nexus music radio stations are really weird.

20. - Top - End - #1130

"That's great! You'll do great," Ashley says, leaning over to kiss Ally's cheek. "And don't worry about songs, I just picked one that was kind of familiar." Ashley doesn't even have a radio, just a CD player. It took her hours to figure out how to use it.

21. - Top - End - #1131

"You let us know now if there's anything we can do for you. My grandson cares about you quite a lot, you know. He'd insist on helping if he was here." Grandma Sora tells Naku.
    "I will absolutely do that. Please do tell Mist not to go looking for that man by himself though, please. He really isn't someone you want to run into when he's in a bad mood."

Ally smiles as she gives in. Okay, I'll try singing. But I haven't learned many songs since I got here. Nexus music radio stations are really weird.
    Naku claps her hands together excitedly!

"That's great! You'll do great," Ashley says, leaning over to kiss Ally's cheek. "And don't worry about songs, I just picked one that was kind of familiar." Ashley doesn't even have a radio, just a CD player. It took her hours to figure out how to use it.
    "Yup! Just pick whatever you're comfortable with. I think we have most anything available to us."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1132

The redheaded maid blushes at the kiss before pulling away to scroll through some songs. Hmmm... I know like one in ten of these... But it's not enough for her to have a song she knows how to sing, oh no, she needs a song with meaning. Because this is now a contest she wants to win, somehow. Aha! Haha, you two asked for this. Prepare yourselves!

The other two ladies are supposed to prepare themselves for embarrassingly intimate sappiness, I guess, as Ally looks deeply into both their eyes while singing about how much they mean to her. Mostly Ashley, of course, especially at the romantic lyrics whereas Naku gets smiled at during the platonic lines.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Ashley listens to Ally sing with every ounce of attention she can give. She looks right back into her girlfriend's eyes. She even actually bats her eyelids at Ally a few times, because apparently the best way to deal with sappiness is to provide some of her own.

24. - Top - End - #1134

The redheaded maid blushes at the kiss before pulling away to scroll through some songs. Hmmm... I know like one in ten of these... But it's not enough for her to have a song she knows how to sing, oh no, she needs a song with meaning. Because this is now a contest she wants to win, somehow. Aha! Haha, you two asked for this. Prepare yourselves!

The other two ladies are supposed to prepare themselves for embarrassingly intimate sappiness, I guess, as Ally looks deeply into both their eyes while singing about how much they mean to her. Mostly Ashley, of course, especially at the romantic lyrics whereas Naku gets smiled at during the platonic lines.
    Naku was not prepared. Truly she wasn't. That by no means though diminished her enjoyment of the song. By the end, Naku's foot tappin' along, and bobbing her head to the side in time with the music.

Ashley listens to Ally sing with every ounce of attention she can give. She looks right back into her girlfriend's eyes. She even actually bats her eyelids at Ally a few times, because apparently the best way to deal with sappiness is to provide some of her own.
    At the end, Naku finds herself wordless. So instead, she hops up, pulls Ashley up to her feet, and hugs them both. She's obviously happier than she has been in a long, long time.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1135

Break Time

Aiden leans against one of the outside walls of the Roost and pulls a matchbook from his pocket. He had someone covering him in the kitchen. Naku? Ally? It didn't really matter to him, as long as the job was done. He strikes the match and lights the cigarette that's been in his mouth since the very moment he stepped out of his space. He takes a puff and sighs the smoke right back out, not bothering to savor it. He had exactly five minutes before he had to go back, and he had every intention of finishing the smoke in that five minutes.

Another Time

The woman that walks into the Roost now seems to have specifically waited for a time when there won't be a whole lot of people. Iamar walks through the door without a sound, looking at her surroundings, mostly which of the empty tables is farthest from any other customer.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Orc in the Playground

Break Time

Aiden leans against one of the outside walls of the Roost and pulls a matchbook from his pocket. He had someone covering him in the kitchen. Naku? Ally? It didn't really matter to him, as long as the job was done. He strikes the match and lights the cigarette that's been in his mouth since the very moment he stepped out of his space. He takes a puff and sighs the smoke right back out, not bothering to savor it. He had exactly five minutes before he had to go back, and he had every intention of finishing the smoke in that five minutes.
    Aiden might spot Felandria standing a few steps away, smoking a cigarette as well, an arm possibly propped up on the roof.

She nods to Aiden.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

27. - Top - End - #1137

Aiden looks up at Felandria and sighs. Great, another Nexus person. Probably here to meddle into his daily life. At least this one wouldn't be high and mighty about how unhealthy smoking is.

"If you're gonna loiter, at least go in and buy some coffee."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2016-07-03 at 01:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Orc in the Playground

Fel smiles and shrugs.

I already had a dozen.

The single size is a bit of a dilemma for me.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #1139

Aiden rolls his eyes. And I suppose that's my fault because I'm unable to cater to every single kind of customer I could ever have with my limited brewing methods. If I had a dollar for everyone who whined about drink sizes to me..."

30. - Top - End - #1140

Another Time

The woman that walks into the Roost now seems to have specifically waited for a time when there won't be a whole lot of people. Iamar walks through the door without a sound, looking at her surroundings, mostly which of the empty tables is farthest from any other customer.
    Another Thyme

The newcomer may have waited for a time when no one was around, but Naku never rests! Or she does. But only for a few hours every other night. Or so.
    Anyway! When the newcomer enters, Naku pauses the music and puts the microphone down very, very quickly, and welcomes the newcomer with her traditional "Irasshaimase!" and a bit of a bow. "If you'd like to take a seat, I'll be right with you." Naku informs the newcomer with a pleasant smile.
    Show