New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    A familiar snow-haired woman walks by and puts a role of duct tape on the table center.
    ducttape holds the universe together.
    swhe comments
    "Thanks for the offer, but I've got i-" Naku cuts herself off though, after picking up the duct tape and unwrapping a length with its customary, highly distinctive noise.
    "Oh this is nice I'm keeping this." She mutters to herself, wrapping the tape back up and slipping it into a pocket somewhere.

Then she heads over to Mr. C's table, where it seems that bad things are happening. "Caaan I help any of you?" She asks, partially to try to free Mr. C.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mr. C turns to Raquel. "I don't think this is a good idea. Your not seriouse enougth and, if we find more like me, youl defnitly distracted by their cuteness."

"Oh yes you ca...." Mr.C starts as Naku comes over, but then he got poked.

"Hey!" he says looking at Arlen. "No I'm not. Technicaly I'm a magical creation, since I was created.That doesn't mean I have no rights."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

*poke* "so what's your magical powers?" Arlen asks circling Mr C.

"Oh ha, the table" Arlen blurts out noticing Naku has fixed it, he runs towards it dropping to his knees at the last moment to slide under it where he begins his inspection.

"Not bad" he shouts out towards Naku, "how did u do that?"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Raquel makes a pouty face. "Hey, I'm totally serious!" She hits her fist on the table, then clutches it with the other hand. "Ow..."

She turns to Mr. C and resumes. "If you're so worried about that, isn't that all the more reason for us to stick together? I can show you that I mean business, and you can be cu-- I mean, err, help me not be distracted by the cuteness. Good idea, huh?"

She takes a sip of her soup.

"I may be weak, but I know the plight of the little people too well. Shouldn't we band together?"

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Arlen grumbles to himself, looking down at his hand as he walks away from Naku and the table, slowly towards Aiden.
    "I almost had it"

He calls out to Aiden before he can go out back again.
    "Miss Naku said you might be able to teach me how to fix the table myself? That works out well as I don't really have much money...

I'll be happy to fix it along with any others if you taught me how. Sorry for the trouble I caused."
    "It's fine. I just get tired of Nexus people throwing around their powers like it won't cause any damage," Aiden says, looking at the very temporarily fixed table. "I'll show you how to get the table back together. I'll do the patch job myself."

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    *poke* "so what's your magical powers?" Arlen asks circling Mr C.

"Oh ha, the table" Arlen blurts out noticing Naku has fixed it, he runs towards it dropping to his knees at the last moment to slide under it where he begins his inspection.

"Not bad" he shouts out towards Naku, "how did u do that?"
    "You." Naku corrects, before brushing some of her hair out of her face, and explaining that "It's dark under the table. I congealed some of the shadows together to form a sort of temporary glue. Shine a light on it though and they'll vanish. So it's temporary at best."

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Raquel makes a pouty face. "Hey, I'm totally serious!" She hits her fist on the table, then clutches it with the other hand. "Ow..."

She turns to Mr. C and resumes. "If you're so worried about that, isn't that all the more reason for us to stick together? I can show you that I mean business, and you can be cu-- I mean, err, help me not be distracted by the cuteness. Good idea, huh?"

She takes a sip of her soup.

"I may be weak, but I know the plight of the little people too well. Shouldn't we band together?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mr. C turns to Raquel. "I don't think this is a good idea. Your not seriouse enougth and, if we find more like me, youl defnitly distracted by their cuteness."

"Oh yes you ca...." Mr.C starts as Naku comes over, but then he got poked.

"Hey!" he says looking at Arlen. "No I'm not. Technicaly I'm a magical creation, since I was created.That doesn't mean I have no rights."
    "Excuse me," Naku says politely to Raquel, and a bit to Arlen, "but could you not antagonize our customers, please?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "It's fine. I just get tired of Nexus people throwing around their powers like it won't cause any damage," Aiden says, looking at the very temporarily fixed table. "I'll show you how to get the table back together. I'll do the patch job myself."
    Climbing out from under the table Arlen replies.
    "No problem boss, if you get any of that sort in here I'll help you out! It's the least I could do for you teaching me how to fix tables."

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "You." Naku corrects, before brushing some of her hair out of her face, and explaining that "It's dark under the table. I congealed some of the shadows together to form a sort of temporary glue. Shine a light on it though and they'll vanish. So it's temporary at best."

"Excuse me," Naku says politely to Raquel, and a bit to Arlen, "but could you not antagonize our customers, please?"
    Spinning to Naku he continues on.
    "That's a pretty neat trick, I'm not ant-on-ag-izing anything" Arlen replies.
    "Well at least I don't think so..."

"Anyway it had been great to meet you all but if I wanna get to MERC and back before nightfall I better shoot off!"

Arlen waves to all as he exits, his shouts of goodbye can still be heard even after the door swings shut behind him.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

Raquel just looks at Naku. "Who's antagonizing anything?" She asks politely.

9. - Top - End - #279

"Ouch!" Mr. C says as he get's poked again. "I.." he starts, btu then Arlen is sliding under a table and soon after he is out of the place.
    "What an unfriendly guuuuuuuuuuy." he says as the table was hit sending Mr c flying aan inch and maybe le some of the paws fall over.

After he recovered, he looks at Raquel. "From ym point..No." he says. "I only worry about your cuddle problem if you would speak for us. If you don't speak for us, I don't have to worry. Simple thought."

"On another note, I barly met anything like me anywhere in the nexus. So it's possible or should I say it will be ignored after all. At least the Tax is lower for me."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Raquel waves at Arlen as he leaves. His powers are scary, but he's an adorable kid.

Raquel smiles at Mr. C. "I will speak for you. Let's travel together. We won't be ignored!" She has a playful look on her face, but she sounds serious. "And if we get attacked or anything, then I guess I can defend both of us. No attacking the other party, though. I don't like violence."

She takes a huuuge slurp of her stew, then takes out her violin from the case and plays a little tune. "Can I play something for you, Mr. Cudd- ahem... Mr. C?"

11. - Top - End - #281

Well, things seem to be quieting again. So Naku looks at Mr. C once more, and asks, "With that out of the way, would you like anything?" while smiling at him.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

A burst of smoke surrounds Raquel and she's replaced with... herself, but with a kitsune form, white fur and two fox-tails covered in snow-white fur.

Ordinarily, she'd be self-conscious about her new appearance. This isn't ordinarily. The Nexus is home to various creatures, one of which is her new father, who gave her a new name and a new lease on life.

She laps up the soup, then drinks it all up. Glancing at Naku, she curtsies again. "Let me reintroduce myself: I am Jinkei."

She'll go by Jinkei, the name she's been christened with, and walk around in her kitsune form. Let's see who mistakes her for Rochelle now.

13. - Top - End - #283

Mr. C looks at her a bit annoyed, ready to say something as suddendly Raquel changes into her new form. In the same moment Mr. C seems to be gone, well he's still their but his camouflage springs into action. Unless he is movin the bare eye shouldn't see him.

"Oooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?"
    He says and then is silent for a moment to catch up his thoughts.
    "Look, I'm small, but I can talk for myself. People just don't have intressed in such things and I think it's very rude from you to think I can neither talk for myself or defend myself. Sure I can't fight, but I'm long enougth in the Nexus to stay alive." he starts

"And it creeps me out when people suddendly change shape without any reason."

Finally the stuff animal lizard seems to direct his speech to Naku.

"I would like to have an Ice Tea, with a long straw, if possible and a pizza please."

14. - Top - End - #284

She laps up the soup, then drinks it all up. Glancing at Naku, she curtsies again. "Let me reintroduce myself: I am Jinkei."
    "You're a Formation?" Naku asks, blinking several times.

Mr. C looks at her a bit annoyed, ready to say something as suddendly Raquel changes into her new form. In the same moment Mr. C seems to be gone, well he's still their but his camouflage springs into action. Unless he is movin the bare eye shouldn't see him.

"Oooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?"
    He says and then is silent for a moment to catch up his thoughts.
    "Look, I'm small, but I can talk for myself. People just don't have intressed in such things and I think it's very rude from you to think I can neither talk for myself or defend myself. Sure I can't fight, but I'm long enougth in the Nexus to stay alive." he starts

"And it creeps me out when people suddendly change shape without any reason."

Finally the stuff animal lizard seems to direct his speech to Naku.

"I would like to have an Ice Tea, with a long straw, if possible and a pizza please."
    Naku looks at Mr. C and shrugs a little bit, in a 'it's the Nexus', sort of way.
    "I'm afraid we don't do pizza. We do mostly breakfast things, though if you really want pizza, we could work something out."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

((Mee, it's time, man! =3))

Jinkei sighs and pats Mr. C. "Apologies for my insensitivity. I just wanted to be friends."

The newly-formed snow-furred kitsune laughs heartily. There appears to be a spring in her step, so to speak. "No, Naku. I'm a Kitsune. One-quarter to be exact, but it seems to have taken me over. I'm still Raquel, but have been rechristened Jinkei."

"Wanna touch my fur? I won't mind."

16. - Top - End - #286

Jinkei sighs and pats Mr. C. "Apologies for my insensitivity. I just wanted to be friends."

The newly-formed snow-furred kitsune laughs heartily. There appears to be a spring in her step, so to speak. "No, Naku. I'm a Kitsune. One-quarter to be exact, but it seems to have taken me over. I'm still Raquel, but have been rechristened Jinkei."

"I seeee. But you misunderstood. That's what Jinkei means. Oh. Or Mercy. That makes more sense.

I. Uh. N-no?"
    Naku says, stammering slightly and blushing a bit. That was quite the odd question out of no where.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "You're a Formation?" Naku asks, blinking several times.

Naku looks at Mr. C and shrugs a little bit, in a 'it's the Nexus', sort of way.
    "I'm afraid we don't do pizza. We do mostly breakfast things, though if you really want pizza, we could work something out."
    [COLOR]"Oh, I m sorry. I was not able to check the menu. I take a muesli then with warm milk. [/COLOR] he says friendly.

"I don t mind a new friend. I just dislike it when people don t take me seriouse. Well expect in close combat. " The little lizard says

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

"It means Charity, but sure, Mercy works too." Jinkei smiles, her ears perking up. "I just found out about my kitsune heritage, so I'm rather giddy about it!" She rubs her shoulder and purrs. "I like my fur!"

Then she adjusts her glasses.

Jinkei sighs, then picks up Mr. C, if he'd allow. "I have been taking you seriously. What I said about speaking for the little ones, that was serious." She offers a paw in greeting. "Truce?"

19. - Top - End - #289

[COLOR]"Oh, I m sorry. I was not able to check the menu. I take a muesli then with warm milk. [/COLOR] he says friendly.
    "Absolutely not a problem," Naku says with a happy smile, "I will be back quick as I can with it!"

"It means Charity, but sure, Mercy works too." Jinkei smiles, her ears perking up. "I just found out about my kitsune heritage, so I'm rather giddy about it!" She rubs her shoulder and purrs. "I like my fur!"
    "Or graciousness. Or Formation, depending upon kanji used." Naku says with a slight smile. "I'm glad that you're happy! Though I need to go get an order. I'll be back." Naku says before bowing slightly to Mr. C, and heading back off to the kitchen to go get him his food and drink.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

"The kanji for Charity, it is!"

When Naku comes back, Jinkei speaks up. "So, Naku, what do you do for fun?"

It feels weird to adjust her glasses with a paw instead of with a hand.

21. - Top - End - #291

"The kanji for Charity, it is!"

When Naku comes back, Jinkei speaks up. "So, Naku, what do you do for fun?"

It feels weird to adjust her glasses with a paw instead of with a hand.
    Naku nodded a few times. Charity made waaay more sense.

"I quite enjoy reading, actually." Naku says, delivering Mr. C's food and drink with a bit of a bow, before backing away and letting him enjoy his foodstuffs. "And going for runs."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

"We should hang out sometime, Naku." Jinkei says with a wink. "You seem fun. A fun girl that hasn't seen much fun."

23. - Top - End - #293

"We should hang out sometime, Naku." Jinkei says with a wink. "You seem fun. A fun girl that hasn't seen much fun."
    "Wellll. I'm basically here all day everyday, so you know where to find me. And if I'm not busy, we have board games and various other things. And I enjoy just talking, as well."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei raises an eyebrow. "Don't you leave this place? There's a new nightclub in the Nexus, I work there as a server. We could go there!"

25. - Top - End - #295

Jinkei raises an eyebrow. "Don't you leave this place? There's a new nightclub in the Nexus, I work there as a server. We could go there!"
    "I do now and again, I go out on runs." Naku points out, smiling slightly. "I appreciate that, but I've never really been one for nightclubs."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

"Neither am I, Naku, but the pay is good and the staff are friendly, so what can I say?" Jinkei grins happily. "We don't have to dance or anything. We could just get a bite to eat and stuff to drink. Did I mention they serve non-humans? If you want some blood, they could get it for you."

27. - Top - End - #297

"Neither am I, Naku, but the pay is good and the staff are friendly, so what can I say?" Jinkei grins happily. "We don't have to dance or anything. We could just get a bite to eat and stuff to drink. Did I mention they serve non-humans? If you want some blood, they could get it for you."
    Naku's face goes entirely blank for a moment at Jinkei's last sentence. But it quickly reacquires its smile. "I appreciate the offer, but I've also never really gotten along with many of," Naku has to pause here, because she has no idea where she's going with this sentence. "Thank you, but I'll have to decline."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei raises an eyebrow again. "Naku? Are you okay? You're not blood-starved, are you?" She begins to inch away from Naku.

29. - Top - End - #299

Jinkei raises an eyebrow again. "Naku? Are you okay? You're not blood-starved, are you?" She begins to inch away from Naku.
    "No no, not at all." Yes, yes at all she most certainly is. "It's all perfectly fine. Would you like to take a seat? It seems to be quiet, so I could sit. My legs could use the break."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei doesn't look like she believes Naku. "Yeah. Sure. Sit." She tries to use her powers to get a read out of Naku's emotional and mental state as the vampire girl sits.