New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

"Yes. Bacon is fine, thank you." Pearce responds. "Really, anything organic is fine." He manages a small smile.

Sharpe shakes his head at Pearce. "Even smiling is hard for him." He chuckles and turns to the vampiric beauty. "I eat metal. And oil. And of course, blood, but some chicken will do. And coffee."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    "Yes. Bacon is fine, thank you." Pearce responds. "Really, anything organic is fine." He manages a small smile.

Sharpe shakes his head at Pearce. "Even smiling is hard for him." He chuckles and turns to the vampiric beauty. "I eat metal. And oil. And of course, blood, but some chicken will do. And coffee."
    "Extra bacon it is!" Naku says, nodding once and smiling at him.

"I'm not so sure we can do that with the metal or oil. We may have some screws left over from setting up. Maybe. But otherwise just chicken and coffee?" Naku almost said that 'they might have screws, if he's not joking', but she learned very quickly to take things at face value here in the Nexus.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you."

"Eh, I can always get metal. I'm a living armoury of knives. Still, I can stomach real food, so some chicken and some coffee'd be okay." He smiles at the girl.

4. - Top - End - #94

"Thank you."

"Eh, I can always get metal. I'm a living armoury of knives. Still, I can stomach real food, so some chicken and some coffee'd be okay." He smiles at the girl.
    "I." Naku blinks at the other vampire. "Chicken and coffee it is, then.
    Anything else?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe smiles when the vampette blinks. So cute. "That'd be all! Arigatou!"

Pearce looks to Sharpe, then back to Naku. "I'd hurry if I were you, before my friend here falls for you." He says, causing the vampire to glare at his friend. "Spoilsport."

6. - Top - End - #96

Sharpe smiles when the vampette blinks. So cute. "That'd be all! Arigatou!"

Pearce looks to Sharpe, then back to Naku. "I'd hurry if I were you, before my friend here falls for you." He says, causing the vampire to glare at his friend. "Spoilsport."
    "I'll be back shortly, then." Naku says, with another bit of a bow, before retreating back to behind the counter to let Aiden know that it's foodstuffs and coffee time.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

After the vampire girl leaves, Sharpe looks at Pearce with a glare. "Why'd you have to say that, man?" His friend looks at him and grins smugly.

"Was I lying?"

"Yes!" He replies, getting him an unconvinced look from his friend. "Not really..." He adds, smiling. "I can't help being nice to ladies, Pearce." He clarifies, getting a snort from Pearce.

"Yeah, right Sharpe. Next you'd be asking for her phone number."

"Well, there's an idea... I usually don't go any farther with waitresses, though." He shakes his head. "Darn you for putting ideas in my head." To himself, he adds: "Really nice ideas."

Pearce snorts and shakes his head at his friend. "Well, if you do ask for her phone number, I won't stop you. Aside from adding a few comments to increase the challenge rating." This causes Sharpe to chuckle. "Harmless flirting, my friend. Besides, I'm rather occupied with other matters."

Something occurs to Sharpe, and he makes a mental note to ask Naku about it afterwards. There's a serious look on his face. Fixer says nothing, he knows why.

"She is a vampire." He looks towards the kitchen, the serious look never leaving his face. "She's not a bad one, but she might want to associate with other vampires."

"Knock yourself out, brother."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mil looks over from the deck of cards he's playing with, towards the other customers. Hmm, it could be fun to watch the up coming failure, get his mind off work.

9. - Top - End - #99

Aiden listens to Naku retelling the order when she gets to the kitchen door. "Ugh, bacon," he says. "Well, I'll get on it."

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Aiden listens to Naku retelling the order when she gets to the kitchen door. "Ugh, bacon," he says. "Well, I'll get on it."
    "Best of luck! I'll be back for stuff in a few." Naku says, grinning a happy grin at Aiden before getting a few cups of coffee for the two gents.

After the vampire girl leaves, Sharpe looks at Pearce with a glare. "Why'd you have to say that, man?" His friend looks at him and grins smugly.

"Was I lying?"

"Yes!" He replies, getting him an unconvinced look from his friend. "Not really..." He adds, smiling. "I can't help being nice to ladies, Pearce." He clarifies, getting a snort from Pearce.

"Yeah, right Sharpe. Next you'd be asking for her phone number."

"Well, there's an idea... I usually don't go any farther with waitresses, though." He shakes his head. "Darn you for putting ideas in my head." To himself, he adds: "Really nice ideas."

Pearce snorts and shakes his head at his friend. "Well, if you do ask for her phone number, I won't stop you. Aside from adding a few comments to increase the challenge rating." This causes Sharpe to chuckle. "Harmless flirting, my friend. Besides, I'm rather occupied with other matters."

Something occurs to Sharpe, and he makes a mental note to ask Naku about it afterwards. There's a serious look on his face. Fixer says nothing, he knows why.

"She is a vampire." He looks towards the kitchen, the serious look never leaving his face. "She's not a bad one, but she might want to associate with other vampires."

"Knock yourself out, brother."
    "Heeere you two are," Naku says, putting a cup of coffee in front of each of the two. "and the food'll be out in just a few!"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Pearce accepts the cup gratefully. He stares at the coffee for a bit, then takes a sip. "Mmm, good. Thanks."

Sharpe shakes his head at his friend, then thanks Naku. "Just one thing, beautiful, if you don't mind me asking." He winks at her, then his facial expression turns serious. "Have you met many other vampires since coming to the Nexus?"

12. - Top - End - #102

Pearce accepts the cup gratefully. He stares at the coffee for a bit, then takes a sip. "Mmm, good. Thanks."

Sharpe shakes his head at his friend, then thanks Naku. "Just one thing, beautiful, if you don't mind me asking." He winks at her, then his facial expression turns serious. "Have you met many other vampires since coming to the Nexus?"
    Naku nods politely at Pearce, before raising an eyebrow slightly at Sharpe. "I can't say I have, actually. Also, my name is Naku."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe laughs. "Don't mind me, Naku. I'm Sharpe. I can be a flirt, which my friend here won't let me live down!" He smiles, before returning to serious matters. "Ahem, so like I was saying: would you like to? Meet other Vampires, I mean?"

14. - Top - End - #104

Sharpe laughs. "Don't mind me, Naku. I'm Sharpe. I can be a flirt, which my friend here won't let me live down!" He smiles, before returning to serious matters. "Ahem, so like I was saying: would you like to? Meet other Vampires, I mean?"
    "I see. I'm afraid I'm working, so I'll have to decline. Thank you very much for the offer, though."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

"You misunderstand. This isn't me harmlessly flirting, it concerns official business. Y'see, I represent a community that seeks to gather vampires. There are people who hate us, and they provide shelter, among other things. Should you find yourself free, you should check it out in Riverside. It's the floating castle."

Pearce looks to the side and sighs. "Here we go again. Please Naku, listen to him before he talks my ear off."

16. - Top - End - #106

"You misunderstand. This isn't me harmlessly flirting, it concerns official business. Y'see, I represent a community that seeks to gather vampires. There are people who hate us, and they provide shelter, among other things. Should you find yourself free, you should check it out in Riverside. It's the floating castle."

Pearce looks to the side and sighs. "Here we go again. Please Naku, listen to him before he talks my ear off."
    "I see. Well, I wish for you the best of luck," Naku says with a polite head nod, "but I'm going to have to decline. Thank you for informing me as to its existence."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe nods politely in return, tipping his hat at Naku. "Besides, I'm taken. The flirting is out of habit. Forgive me if it made you uncomfortable."

Pearce starts laughing. He knows Sharpe isn't lying, but he can't resist laughing anyhow. "Harhar... Ruined your chance to get her number. Are you sure you didn't misspeak?"

"Shush, you."

18. - Top - End - #108

Sharpe nods politely in return, tipping his hat at Naku. "Besides, I'm taken. The flirting is out of habit. Forgive me if it made you uncomfortable."

Pearce starts laughing. He knows Sharpe isn't lying, but he can't resist laughing anyhow. "Harhar... Ruined your chance to get her number. Are you sure you didn't misspeak?"

"Shush, you."
    "W-what number is this?" Naku asks, blinking a few times. Man. That could mean anything!
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe's eyes widen. "Wait... what?"

Pearce raises an eyebrow. "You... do you know what a phone is?"

20. - Top - End - #110

Sharpe's eyes widen. "Wait... what?"

Pearce raises an eyebrow. "You... do you know what a phone is?"
    Naku blinks at them a few more times. "Phone?" She looks confused.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe shakes his head. Of course she's from a world without phones. "Where's Felicity when you need her?"

"Gone to apologize to some girl. You shoulda seen her. Nauseatingly pink, but then that explains why Felicity's stalking her." Pearce turns to Naku. "A phone is like a radio, but two-way. I can speak to you, you hear and you reply back. Using one, Sharpe here could ask you out on a date."

"And she'll politely decline because she has a job to do."

22. - Top - End - #112

Sharpe shakes his head. Of course she's from a world without phones. "Where's Felicity when you need her?"

"Gone to apologize to some girl. You shoulda seen her. Nauseatingly pink, but then that explains why Felicity's stalking her." Pearce turns to Naku. "A phone is like a radio, but two-way. I can speak to you, you hear and you reply back. Using one, Sharpe here could ask you out on a date."

"And she'll politely decline because she has a job to do."
    "And a radio is?" Naku asks, still pretty darn confused.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

((Here Naku, I'll download all the knowledge you need onto your brain. The transfer has to be done via kissing, though. If we don't do it, you could die! ))

Sharpe sighs deeply. "It's like a letter, Naku. Just with voices instead of letters. Show her, Pearce."

Pearce brings out a small device, an iPhone-looking device. "This is a phone. Do you want it? I collect them."

24. - Top - End - #114

((Here Naku, I'll download all the knowledge you need onto your brain. The transfer has to be done via kissing, though. If we don't do it, you could die! ))

Sharpe sighs deeply. "It's like a letter, Naku. Just with voices instead of letters. Show her, Pearce."

Pearce brings out a small device, an iPhone-looking device. "This is a phone. Do you want it? I collect them."
    "I." Naku pauses for a few moments. "I seeeeee. I probably shouldn't. We do accept a few other forms of currency, though."

Phones don't pay the rent, after all!
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe laughs loudly. "Oh, you adorable girl!" He beams at Naku. "He wasn't paying you, he was giving it to you. Better collect it, Pearce isn't always this nice."

Pearce shakes his head at his friend and looks back at Naku. "If you tire of it, you can sell it and make some money for yourself. Before you do that, though, play with it a little. It's a really handy communication tool."

26. - Top - End - #116

Sharpe laughs loudly. "Oh, you adorable girl!" He beams at Naku. "He wasn't paying you, he was giving it to you. Better collect it, Pearce isn't always this nice."

Pearce shakes his head at his friend and looks back at Naku. "If you tire of it, you can sell it and make some money for yourself. Before you do that, though, play with it a little. It's a really handy communication tool."
    "I appreciate your kindness, then." Naku says, bowing slightly again and reaching out for the phone with both hands together. "I will treat it well."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Pearce and Sharpe both smile at the girl. Pearce then turns and sips his coffee. He decides to add something else, though. He smirks at Sharpe. "Maybe now you can collect her number and ask her on that date."

Sharpe shakes his head and grins. He turns to Naku. "What era were you from before you came to the Nexus, if you don't mind my asking?"

28. - Top - End - #118

Pearce and Sharpe both smile at the girl. Pearce then turns and sips his coffee. He decides to add something else, though. He smirks at Sharpe. "Maybe now you can collect her number and ask her on that date."

Sharpe shakes his head and grins. He turns to Naku. "What era were you from before you came to the Nexus, if you don't mind my asking?"
    "I don't entirely understand. What? What do you mean?" Naku asks, still pretty gosh darn confused. Assuming he explains what he means, she replies with, "Well. We had guns. And swords. And someone mentioned once it sounded something like Doub Doub We Won. I still don't know what he meant though."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

"What did they have in your time period." Pearce says simply.

When Naku speaks, Sharpe nods. "I don't know what that means, either, but that explains your not knowing a phone. I came from a post-apocalyptic world, myself, and in Pearce's world, swords are antiquated."

30. - Top - End - #120

"What did they have in your time period." Pearce says simply.

When Naku speaks, Sharpe nods. "I don't know what that means, either, but that explains your not knowing a phone. I came from a post-apocalyptic world, myself, and in Pearce's world, swords are antiquated."
    "Oh. Yeah. I suppose post-apocalyptic sums it up well. You know. Being hunted, hunting back, the works." Naku says simply, shrugging a bit. "This has definitely seen me through my share of stuff." She pats the well worn hilt of her katana fondly.
    Show