New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Sharpe smiles. "I know. My, that's a beautiful blade. May I see it?"

Pearce shakes his head. "Sharpe here loves everything that can slash or stab. His surname fits him."

Sharpe grins. "Comes with being a blade vampire."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Sharpe smiles. "I know. My, that's a beautiful blade. May I see it?"

Pearce shakes his head. "Sharpe here loves everything that can slash or stab. His surname fits him."

Sharpe grins. "Comes with being a blade vampire."
    "If you wish." Naku replies, pulling her katana out slowly, before flipping it around and offering him the hilt.

The hilt is fairly worn, and it's definitely seen more use than Naku might like. It's perfectly balanced for her, though it might not be for him due to everyone being different, and it's definitely been hand sharpened, rather than machine sharpened (because the scalloping on the edges isn't perfectly symmetrical).
    The blade itself is also a very strange matte black.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe grabs the hilt of the sword and admires it. He fondles the blade like one'd fondle a lover. "This is a lovely blade. Hand sharpened, balanced for one such as you."

He hands the blade back to Naku. "Should you ever need to sharpen your sword or increase its power in any way, then try and contact me."

Both men sip their coffee.

4. - Top - End - #124

Sharpe grabs the hilt of the sword and admires it. He fondles the blade like one'd fondle a lover. "This is a lovely blade. Hand sharpened, balanced for one such as you."

He hands the blade back to Naku. "Should you ever need to sharpen your sword or increase its power in any way, then try and contact me."

Both men sip their coffee.
    Naku sheaths the katana again in only a minorly over the top way, before replying with "Thank you for the compliment, and I appreciate the offer, thank you. Can I do anything else for you two while the food finishes cooking?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Pearce shakes his head. "No thanks. I wouldn't want to keep you from your work."

"Speaking of which..." Sharpe adds. "When would the food be ready?"

6. - Top - End - #126

Pearce shakes his head. "No thanks. I wouldn't want to keep you from your work."

"Speaking of which..." Sharpe adds. "When would the food be ready?"
    "I believe it's ready now. One moment." Naku says with a slight bow, before backing away and heading to go get thier food, which is ready and waiting. She brings it back to them and places it on the table, before asking, in her text-color-stolen sort of way, "anything else I can do for you two?"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sophia enters the building, clad in her mahogany military coat and maneuver gear harness. She wears black, knee high boots over snow white leggings, a pink shirt below with a holy symbol dangling from her neck. A pistol rests on her breast inside a holster, and Omnidirectional Maneuver Gear hangs by her side with blades sheathed inside.
    The Shifter strides with a military, yet acrobatic gait, crisp and light as if ready to react at the drop of a hat.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

When their food arrives, Pearce thanks Naku, then places his hands on the food and absorbs two-thirds of it into his suit.

"For pete's sake, Pearce! Eat normally for once!" Sharpe says. Pearce grins. "That's why I absorbed most of it." He then starts to eat the remaining one-third while sipping coffee.

Sharpe's chicken arrives, and he rubs his hands together. "Itadakimaasu!" He says to Naku with a wink. "Thank you, Naku. You've made a regular customer out of me. Now as much as I'd love to, I'm going to have to resist the temptation to keep you here." He looks over at the strangely-dressed lady. "Besides, you have a new customer."

He smiles at her again before starting to nom on his chicken, bones and all. With his teeth, eating the bones is like eating liquorice. Still, he manages to eat classy-ly.

9. - Top - End - #129

When their food arrives, Pearce thanks Naku, then places his hands on the food and absorbs two-thirds of it into his suit.

"For pete's sake, Pearce! Eat normally for once!" Sharpe says. Pearce grins. "That's why I absorbed most of it." He then starts to eat the remaining one-third while sipping coffee.

Sharpe's chicken arrives, and he rubs his hands together. "Itadakimaasu!" He says to Naku with a wink. "Thank you, Naku. You've made a regular customer out of me. Now as much as I'd love to, I'm going to have to resist the temptation to keep you here." He looks over at the strangely-dressed lady. "Besides, you have a new customer."

He smiles at her again before starting to nom on his chicken, bones and all. With his teeth, eating the bones is like eating liquorice. Still, he manages to eat classy-ly.
    "You are most welcome! I hope you enjoy your food! Just get my attention if you need anything else." Naku says, before bowing slightly again, and backing away from the table to greet the newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia enters the building, clad in her mahogany military coat and maneuver gear harness. She wears black, knee high boots over snow white leggings, a pink shirt below with a holy symbol dangling from her neck. A pistol rests on her breast inside a holster, and Omnidirectional Maneuver Gear hangs by her side with blades sheathed inside.
    The Shifter strides with a military, yet acrobatic gait, crisp and light as if ready to react at the drop of a hat.
    "Irasshaimase!" Naku greets, bowing slightly at Sophia. "If you'd like to find a spot to sit, I'll be right with you!"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "You are most welcome! I hope you enjoy your food! Just get my attention if you need anything else." Naku says, before bowing slightly again, and backing away from the table to greet the newcomer.

"Irasshaimase!" Naku greets, bowing slightly at Sophia. "If you'd like to find a spot to sit, I'll be right with you!"
    Okay, thank you miss.
    Sophia takes a seat at the table by Sharpe, passing the time by reading a manga!
    A friend joins her, taking a seat across and wrapping long, crisp and white ribbon around her scarred left arm.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #131

Okay, thank you miss.
    Sophia takes a seat at the table by Sharpe, passing the time by reading a manga!
    A friend joins her, taking a seat across and wrapping long, crisp and white ribbon around her scarred left arm.
    "So, what can I get for you two?" Naku asks, coming over to their table shortly after they sit down.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

"So, what can I get for you two?" Naku asks, coming over to their table shortly after they sit down.
    A cappuccino, please. Sophia requests.
    Hmm... Any suggestions?
    Alexis asks, looking up. Naku may notice a bit of unease in her gaze, as she absently adjusts her hat to fit snugly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #133

A cappuccino, please. Sophia requests.
    Hmm... Any suggestions?
    Alexis asks, looking up. Naku may notice a bit of unease in her gaze, as she absently adjusts her hat to fit snugly.
    "Afraid we do not do cappuccinos.

As for what, well, what would you like? Food, drink? Bit'a both?"
    Naku does notice, but doesn't comment.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

When the two finish eating, Pearce waves Naku over. When she comes over, he'll pay her [reasonable amount of money] for the food and ask her to keep Sharpe company for a while.

Sharpe is looking at the two ladies beside him. "Hello, ladies." He tips his hat at them.

15. - Top - End - #135

"Afraid we do not do cappuccinos.

As for what, well, what would you like? Food, drink? Bit'a both?"
    Naku does notice, but doesn't comment.
    Ah well. Just a regular coffee then, please.
    Sophia replies.
    Hmm... A bit of both, please.
    The adolescent (well, they both are, but Alexis is the one that looks like her age) responds, not meeting Naku's gaze. It may be a bit hard to tell, but her actions aren't due to a phobiaof vampires but more a shyness about her appearance.

When the two finish eating, Pearce waves Naku over. When she comes over, he'll pay her [reasonable amount of money] for the food and ask her to keep Sharpe company for a while.

Sharpe is looking at the two ladies beside him. "Hello, ladies." He tips his hat at them.
    Hello.
    Sophia responds, smiling amicably to the man.
    Name's Sophia Godlark. Nice to meet you.
    Alexis smiles a bit shyly and waves, not returning the tip of the hat despite her military cap's presence.
    Hi. I'm Alexis.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #136

Naku takes the fee for the food with a polite bow, though she's a tad too busy right now to keep Sharpe company just yet, but she promises to be back as soon as she can.

Ah well. Just a regular coffee then, please.
    Sophia replies.
    Hmm... A bit of both, please.
    The adolescent (well, they both are, but Alexis is the one that looks like her age) responds, not meeting Naku's gaze. It may be a bit hard to tell, but her actions aren't due to a phobiaof vampires but more a shyness about her appearance.
    "That I can definitely do! I will be back in just a couple of minutes!" Naku informs the two, before smiling, bowing slightly, and backing away to go get them food stuffs.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe returns the smile. "Nice to meet you, Sophia and Alexis. Call me Sharpe." He says, followed by a small wink.

Pearce shakes his head, then taps Sharpe on the shoulder. "I'll be leaving soon, buddy."

Sharpe smiles and gives his friend a thumbs-up. "No problem." He turns back to the two ladies, his red eyes glinting. "That's a rather strange piece of gear, Sophia."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-04-12 at 01:25 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Sharpe returns the smile. "Nice to meet you, Sophia and Alexis. Call me Sharpe." He says, followed by a small wink.

Pearce shakes his head, then taps Sharpe on the shoulder. "I'll be leaving soon, buddy."

Sharpe smiles and gives his friend a thumbs-up. "No problem." He turns back to the two ladies, his red eyes glinting. "That's a rather strange piece of gear, Sophia."
    ((Just to be careful: if these two OCs happen to dislike Sharpe for any reason, it's not due to a conspiracy of Player hate and just odd coincidence!))
    [color=goldenrod]It's called Omnidirectional Mobility Gear, but also known as Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear. It was developed to allow people to cut the weak spots of creatures called titans, who are only vulnerable at their nape and die if a chunk one meter long and half a meter across is cleaved out. Back home, we weren't advanced beyond unruffled cannons and muskets, so we had to improvise, and we developed this. It's pneumatic, if you're curious. Basically works by using grappling hooks and a valve to release a bit of gas as a boost, controlled by triggers on hilts that house replaceable blades.[color]
    Sophia explains.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

((Heh heh heh... I'll keep that in mind!))

Sharpe raises an eyebrow up when she mentions 'titan'. Otherwise, he listens to her. "Titans? Like the big gigantic creatures?"

Pearce scoffs. "Maybe she means tiny little short people called titans..." He says sarcastically.

"Hush, you!"

((You really know your Shingeki No Kyojin!))

20. - Top - End - #140

((Heh heh heh... I'll keep that in mind!))

Sharpe raises an eyebrow up when she mentions 'titan'. Otherwise, he listens to her. "Titans? Like the big gigantic creatures?"

Pearce scoffs. "Maybe she means tiny little short people called titans..." He says sarcastically.

"Hush, you!"

((You really know your Shingeki No Kyojin!))
    ((Blame IC explanations often being required))

They were pretty big. 3 to 15 meters tall, but there were occasional exceptions for shifters, people who have the ability to transform into one for a period of time. The regular ones weren't sentient, ate people despite not needing to for survival, and regenerated wounds unless you removed the nape.
    She explains, as Alexis continues to rewrap the white ribbons around her left arm.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #141

((Blame IC explanations often being required))

They were pretty big. 3 to 15 meters tall, but there were occasional exceptions for shifters, people who have the ability to transform into one for a period of time. The regular ones weren't sentient, ate people despite not needing to for survival, and regenerated wounds unless you removed the nape.
    She explains, as Alexis continues to rewrap the white ribbons around her left arm.
    "Excuuuuuse me," Naku says, hating to intrude, but needing to do just that, "your foodstuffs." She informs the two who had asked for food, placing their food and coffee in front of them from the tray she brought with her. "Can I get either of you three anything else?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe nods. "Sounds like it'd have been crappy. Imagine living in such a world. I imagine you've seen a lot of comrades die." He shakes his head.

While Naku speaks to the two ladies, Pearce excuses himself and leaves The Roost, leaving Sharpe alone with the three ladies.

"Well, you do owe me some company, Naku." He says in a friendly tone.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-04-16 at 08:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

"Excuuuuuse me," Naku says, hating to intrude, but needing to do just that, "your foodstuffs." She informs the two who had asked for food, placing their food and coffee in front of them from the tray she brought with her. "Can I get either of you three anything else?"
    Arigato, miss.
    Alexis replies, smiling shyly to Naku at the delivery.

Sharpe nods. "Sounds like it'd have been crappy. Imagine living in such a world." He shakes his head. "I imagine you've seen a lot of comrades die." He shakes his head.

While Naku speaks to the two ladies, Pearce excuses himself and leaves The Roost, leaving Sharpe alone with the three ladies.

Yeah, wasn't that fun to be honest. Though I do have a bit of a power that gave me the upper hand, so that helped.
    Sophia replies, as Alexis takes the remaining half of the long white ribbon of impossibly strong strength, tying the ribbon to the pistol-like hilt of the katana hanging sheathed by her side.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Arigato, miss.
    Alexis replies, smiling shyly to Naku at the delivery.

Yeah, wasn't that fun to be honest. Though I do have a bit of a power that gave me the upper hand, so that helped.
    Sophia replies, as Alexis takes the remaining half of the long white ribbon of impossibly strong strength, tying the ribbon to the pistol-like hilt of the katana hanging sheathed by her side.
    Naku smiles back, and offers a polite "You're welcome. I hope you enjoy. And you are more than welcome to let me know if you need anything else."
    Before raising an eyebrow at Sharpe.
    Sharpe nods. "Sounds like it'd have been crappy. Imagine living in such a world. I imagine you've seen a lot of comrades die." He shakes his head.

"D-do I?" Naku asks, blinking, and a little confused.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe nods. "If I may ask..." He asks tentatively. "What was this power? Are you a shifter as well?"

To Naku, Sharpe can't resist but laugh. "You're such a cute little one." He smiles at her. "I recall my friend jokingly telling you to keep me company, now..."

26. - Top - End - #146

Sharpe nods. "If I may ask..." He asks tentatively. "What was this power? Are you a shifter as well?"

To Naku, Sharpe can't resist but laugh. "You're such a cute little one." He smiles at her. "I recall my friend jokingly telling you to keep me company, now..."
    Sophia nods.
    gives me a regen ability as well. Not as great, however, as it drains energy. And of course, it's not infallible. I'm not immortal..
    She explains.
    Im afraid she's the one with the best powers of us two. I just have a bit of speed manipulation and protective aura.
    Alexis replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #147

"Heeee's not my boss, however?" Naku asks, still pretty confused.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe smiles at the two ladies. "Any power is useful if you know how to wield it, Alexis." He grins at her, metallic teeth on display. "Speed manipulation can be lethal if used in certain ways. For instance..." His phone starts to ring. "Hold on, ladies..." A serious look comes to his face as he listens for a while, nods once and cuts the call.

"Apologies, ladies, but I have to get going. It was nice meeting you all." He gets up and starts to leave, then turns to face Naku and takes her arm. If she'll let him, he'd kiss the back of her hand.

29. - Top - End - #149

Sharpe smiles at the two ladies. "Any power is useful if you know how to wield it, Alexis." He grins at her, metallic teeth on display. "Speed manipulation can be lethal if used in certain ways. For instance..." His phone starts to ring. "Hold on, ladies..." A serious look comes to his face as he listens for a while, nods once and cuts the call.

"Apologies, ladies, but I have to get going. It was nice meeting you all." He gets up and starts to leave, then turns to face Naku and takes her arm. If she'll let him, he'd kiss the back of her hand.
    Alexis attempts to muffle a chuckle behind a gloved hand at Naku's perplexed reaction, and looks highly curious and slightly slightly confused at the call, watching with interest.
    likewise, sir. Maybe we'll meet again. You never know what the future brings.
    Sophia simply salutes with fist upon her heart.
    Good luck.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #150

It's fairly obvious Naku would really rather him not. And with the way she's holding the platter, it would be pretty hard to try to get her hands off of it. So that doesn't happen.

Alexis attempts to muffle a chuckle behind a gloved hand at Naku's perplexed reaction, and looks highly curious and slightly slightly confused at the call, watching with interest.
    likewise, sir. Maybe we'll meet again. You never know what the future brings.
    Sophia simply salutes with fist upon her heart.
    Good luck.
    "A, Anyway." Naku says, reaching up to brush a stubborn bit of hair back behind her ear. "Is there anything else I can do for you two?"
    Show