New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Snowbluff and Co. on Anime

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm watching the subbed. For some reason Hulu Plus only offers episode one in the dubbed format.
    If you ever get the chance to watch it dubbed, I highly recommend watching it again. The voice actors are really good. Funimation made sure to get the voice actors for the original anime because of that.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    If you ever get the chance to watch it dubbed, I highly recommend watching it again. The voice actors are really good. Funimation made sure to get the voice actors for the original anime because of that.
    That is really cool. I never watched the original. Is that a faux pas?
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Also I watched the OVA for Kill la Kill... I thought it was meh, really.
    I don't know what you're talking about. Kill la Kill is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

That is really cool. I never watched the original. Is that a faux pas?
    The original anime had great voice actors. It followed the manga for a bit, but then deviated after a bit because the manga was coming out at around one volume a year. Hellsing Ultimate follows the original story really well. I found the anime a bit disappointing compared to the manga, but my friend watched it first and said it was good. Just not as good as the manga or Hellsing ultimate when he watched them later. So really there is no reason to watch the original anime unless you want to. It has a different story in it.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

The original anime had great voice actors. It followed the manga for a bit, but then deviated after a bit because the manga was coming out at around one volume a year. Hellsing Ultimate follows the original story really well. I found the anime a bit disappointing compared to the manga, but my friend watched it first and said it was good. Just not as good as the manga or Hellsing ultimate when he watched them later. So really there is no reason to watch the original anime unless you want to. It has a different story in it.
    The original isnt crazy awesome or anything but it is decent, it sadly just doesnt get cranked to 11 like the actual manga or the OVA. I still recommend it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

6. - Top - End - #756

The original anime had great voice actors. It followed the manga for a bit, but then deviated after a bit because the manga was coming out at around one volume a year. Hellsing Ultimate follows the original story really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    The original isnt crazy awesome or anything but it is decent, it sadly just doesnt get cranked to 11 like the actual manga or the OVA. I still recommend it though.
    I'll make it a point to watch both then. Sounds like it's pretty good.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

I'll make it a point to watch both then. Sounds like it's pretty good.
    More importantly, I trust that you've watched the Abridged by now, right?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    More importantly, I trust that you've watched the Abridged by now, right?
    Too many times....

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Too many times....
    Spoiler: big picture
    Show
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-30 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I finally got a picture that works

Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Well I like it, so it was one of my suggestions, no need to go further. Also, Log Horizon is the exact same thing as SAO, as far as I can tell, from reading the summary on crunchyroll. Are there any major differences I should know about?
    Exactly the same except minus everything wrong with SAO, so it can't be horrible, right?

Here's a video on SAO while a brony plays an Asian MMO if you want a cogent argument against SAO.

Also, IZ, I dislike this mess of a thread. :l
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Exactly the same except minus everything wrong with SAO, so it can't be horrible, right?

Here's a video on SAO while a brony plays an Asian MMO if you want a cogent argument against SAO.

Also, IZ, I dislike this mess of a thread. :l
    Hey, we're just channeling you
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, we're just channeling you
    Oh man, where do I start?

"Well, you're in luck Snowbluffington III, it's the bonus lightning round! You have 30 seconds to earn as many points as possible."

Oh man!
    "Timer's going, Snow."

Okay uh uh...

1) We don't actually talk about anything that the regular thread doesn't cover!

2) I've become flanderized by the community!

3) It doesn't make any sense that I should contribute if everyone's doing the same thing.

"Ding ding ding! You win a whole lot of nothing."

...I hate you, Ayumu.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not I liked SAO. I liked some of the concepts that went into it, but the execution of it was rather blegh, and the characters were (mostly) senseless fools. I'm not sure whether I like that or not. I tried watching that video, but youtube decided to take a dump on me, so I couldn't.

And that post above me is confusing me quite a bit.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-31 at 02:24 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's this thread's purpose has come undone, Snowbluff's GIF tendencies have become blown out of proportion to be represented as just a gif posting yandere (who I am vaguely aware likes Paladins... possibly of Freedom?), and it doesn't really make sense to contribute to the madness when everyone else is because it no longer stands out.

I think.

As for good anime I found I really liked Baccano! and Durarara!!... which has a season 2 I haven't watched... and which is therefore worth breaking my "I no longer watch things on laptop because TV gets Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon" rule to watch because Durarara!!... Maybe I should do a let's watch of it...

Problem with both of those are they are potentially confusing (especially Baccano!) and have lots of characters with no clear protagonist (if you consider that a problem).

Knights of Sidonia was a good Lovecraftian Alien vs Mecha series which was localized by Netflix and is therefore easy to find/watch if you have Netflix.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that's not really accurate. For one, Log Horizon has its own problems. Pacing and too large a cast that wants to be main characters. Second, it's not so much about being trapped in a MMO as it is the world the MMO is based on, which still has plenty of game-like mechanics. That is an interesting way of doing things, but it's very different from the deathgame premise.

I mean, it's still better than SAO. The characters do things that actually make sense and such.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

It's probably not so much everyone contributing to insanity as some people were specifically trying to replace snowbluff in his role when we were in the madness.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-31 at 02:48 PM.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

I used to be respected! People would come to me ask for build advice! What happened to my dignity?

Can someone post a gif of rarity from mlp moping? I'm on my my fancy new phone.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry Snowbluff, I never respected you

That would require me to respect someone. And that just doesn't happen.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, how can you know me so well and not respect me? What do you want from me? I'm flipping my hair in an impressive manner right now.

Man, not using gifs really takes something out of the interaction. :p

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry, I would go to you in the rare occasion I needed build advice. Incidentally, you got a way to play a something that can be fluffed as a vampire and be undead for 2 or less LA? I would prefer staying away from homebrew for this one and necropoliton is a back-up plan at the moment.

Edit: an absolute deal breaker would be if it could turn other people into undead, even if they weren't controlled.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-31 at 03:36 PM.

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry, I would go to you in the rare occasion I needed build advice. Incidentally, you got a way to play a something that can be fluffed as a vampire and be undead for 2 or less LA? I would prefer staying away from homebrew for this one and necropoliton is a back-up plan at the moment.

Edit: an absolute deal breaker would be if it could turn other people into undead, even if they weren't controlled.
    Do Dhampir work for you?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Not especially what I am looking for, but it might be interesting for the future for pathfinder games.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Oh thank you for the gif. :)

As for a template, for 2 LA you can be half vampire. They get a selection of vampire powers. Books of the dead (Libris Mortis) if I recall. I'm afb, but I don't think they are actually undead.

If you want to be creative and be undead, you can be a necropolitan phrenic creature. Now, I know necropolitan is a cop out, but phrenic gives you psionic powers as PLAs, including a domination power. So you can do the vampire domination thing. Phrenic is in the srd because it was printed in the XPH.

I think pathfinder vampires are only CR +2, so that would fit the criteria if you were interested or playing PF. Meh.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Also excepting that Log Horizon is 90% exposition by run time, so your mileage may still vary.

1) We don't actually talk about anything that the regular thread doesn't cover!
    This is actually a good point. I suggest a merger, I'm sure the other thread would love having us.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

That sound you just heard was the heads of everyone in the other thread exploding simultaneously.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    That sound you just heard was the heads of everyone in the other thread exploding simultaneously.
    *opens new bag of tortilla chips*
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

27. - Top - End - #777

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    *opens new bag of tortilla chips*
    Tortilla chips? This Paladin needs coffee...

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Tortilla chips? This Paladin needs coffee...
    *pops open box of doughnuts*
    Show

29. - Top - End - #779

*pops open box of doughnuts*
    Can I..? FEERA TEXTU!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

No thanks. I'm on a diet. I gained a whole 3 grams ever since LP took over gathering the entries. I'm so fat now.