New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default What's The Story? A podcast about stories and storytelling

Hi, I'm OrcusMcP! (Chuck McPhail)

You may remember me from such threads as Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: So Much for the Glory of Rome and GMR part 4: Needs salt!

Today I'm going to talk to you about a podcast I just launched: What's the Story?

For a long time, I've been noticing around the internet and in the world that while people love stories, they don't really understand stories. This made little sense to me, as we are really, really good at responding to and recognizing stories from how our brains work. I saw people tearing down things they otherwise would love because of superficial reasons. I saw people praising things that had really broken or disturbing foundations. I've seen stories get used to tell the worst kind of lies, the best kind of truths and change people's lives.

So, I started up this podcast to talk about stories. What goes into them, what makes a story good or bad, and especially, how to better tell your own stories.

It's only up on podbean right now, but should be live on iTunes within the next couple days. It's free, episodes come out every 2 weeks, and if you have any feedback please feel free to pass it along. The GitP community has always been a place that really cares about stories, so I really hope this can resonate here.

Thanks!
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: What's The Story? A podcast about stories and storytelling

Hm, 6 minutes long, so something that can be listened to pretty quickly. Solid start, but iunno if i'd call that a "podcast" just yet. :)
    Do you plan on having guests/co-hosts and other conversation partners or is this gonna be a one man show?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hm, 6 minutes long, so something that can be listened to pretty quickly. Solid start, but iunno if i'd call that a "podcast" just yet. :)
    Do you plan on having guests/co-hosts and other conversation partners or is this gonna be a one man show?
    That's just the introductory episode, most I've prerecorded are around 15-20 minutes, next episode is Monday for a more typical example.

There will be occasional guests, but it'll mostly be me.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

4. - Top - End - #4

Well, I've got a few episodes up now at Podbean, and I'm also live on iTunes if people are interested. Next episode coming is an interview about Elegance.