New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Donuts And Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Hmm. Don't mind the gills - kind of awesome, actually - but I could do without the eyes. Got anything for them?" Viridia asked. "Maybe some kind of eye lenses..."
    Nightcore breathed through her teeth.

"I'm good with illusions. Stand still, alright?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

"Sure thing." Viridia stood as still as she could, immediately thinking of the wonderful ways she could pervert her new abilities...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    "She has only been here for a few years." Glorious Dawn replied, sounding like she was trying to break it to Moonshadow, gently, "This is a tightly nit community."

Glorious Dawn nodded. "As much as I do not like to gossip, she does put on airs when she goes around town. She is quite a nice pony, however. Nightcore and I owe her for helping us move in."
    I guess, but the sheer anger is surprising. Moonshadow said, shaking her head.

Not quite what I mean. It's like, there's something off about the way she talks you know? It sounds nice while you're listening but afterwards thinking back it sounds, well, odd. Moonshadow said, shrugging. I don't know, maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2015-04-16 at 09:47 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Spamalot in the Playground

Doc looked through the Dream Book to see if it had something to offer!

INT (1d10)[8]
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #305

"Sure thing." Viridia stood as still as she could, immediately thinking of the wonderful ways she could pervert her new abilities...
    In a burst of dark pink magic, Viridia didn't feel any different, but she was back to her perfectly normal self, with the right number of neck-holes, which is zero.

Nightcore shuffled her hooves a little bit.

"So." she said, putting the potions back in the case and closing it tightly, "It should wear off. The fish face, I mean. What I just cast will, too, but I think you're more worried about loosing the seapony look."

There was a pause. Nightcore looked at Viridia's wingblades. She gave Viridia a apologetic grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I guess, but the sheer anger is surprising. Moonshadow said, shaking her head.
    "Oh, no." Glorious said, with the sort of detached worry that could have probably been gotten out of her if this conversation was about starving orphans in zebra lands, "Has she been threatened by anypony?"

Not quite what I mean. It's like, there's something off about the way she talks you know? It sounds nice while you're listening but afterwards thinking back it sounds, well, odd. Moonshadow said, shrugging. I don't know, maybe that's just me.
    "She has a lot on her mind, I would imagine." Glorious replied.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc looked through the Dream Book to see if it had something to offer!

INT [roll0]
    Well, this is what it had to say about towers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Were there any distinguishing features of the tower in your dream? What was it made of? It is not uncommon to dream of a tower made of stone, for example, but if it is made of an unusual material such as feathers or flowers, then it is something to note. Here are other features to pay attention to:

1. Material
    2. Color
    3. Height-unusually tall or short?
    4. Strength-firm or rickety?
    5. Stairs or elevator?
    6. Is it from a particular era or period of time?
    7. Surrounding buildings

All these details reflect the meaning of the dream. Consider what towers are made for. Can you tell what type of tower is in the dream? Tower for…

Communication. Fires were lit or flags were raised from towers to communicate with others in faraway places. Today, we have cell phone “towers” that aid communication.
    Ascetic purposes. Contemplation, meditation, solitary communion with God, spiritual pursuits.
    Higher learning. Academic elitism, specialized study.
    Protection. Ponies got shut away in towers for protection.
    Imprisonment. They also got shut away as punishment.
    Surveillance. High vantage point was a war advantage. To be on the look-out for approaching danger. But it also allowed rulers to keep watch over subjects.

Tower dream meanings

If other dream elements point to a spirituality theme, to dream of a tower can represent higher spiritual knowledge.

If there are no other spiritual elements in the dream, the tower can symbolize earthly goals and aspirations.

Consider the other dream elements surrounding the tower in a dream, along with the feelings elicited in the dreamer. The feelings and emotions of the dreamer are key. If he is standing in the top of the tower, looking out a window, with a fearful feeling, this dream could be warning him to be on guard for outside threats. However, if he has a peaceful feeling, he can expect to receive new information.

Critics point to these ambiguous or even conflicting definitions as proof that dreams are meaningless. But that is not so. This only shows that dream interpretation is not as simple as looking up definitions in a dream dictionary. Just as one cannot diagnose his illness by relying only upon an online symptom checker, dreams cannot be interpreted accurately by reading dream symbol dictionaries because the meanings rely upon dream context, the whole dream, as well as the dreamer’s life experiences.

And this is what it had to say about snow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like every other dream symbol, snow does not represent a single meaning. Every symbol is multi-faceted depending on the conditions in the particular dream. Because snow is essentially water which symbolizes emotions, the appearance of snow often depicts a "freezing" of emotions. Some dream interpreters say that this indicates frigidity, but this is far too simplistic a definition.

Snow is not always a negative symbol. When you think about snow, it indicates winter, a time when animals hibernate in cozy dens, so the dream snow can represent a hibernation of pony emotion. There can be a protective element to snow just as there is a time and season for everything. Some sleeping emotions (inhibitions, fears, resentments) may be waiting for the right time to resurface.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2015-04-16 at 10:45 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306

"So." she said, putting the potions back in the case and closing it tightly, "It should wear off. The fish face, I mean. What I just cast will, too, but I think you're more worried about loosing the seapony look."

There was a pause. Nightcore looked at Viridia's wingblades. She gave Viridia a apologetic grin.
    Viridia grinned back. "Like gills and fish eyes would actually impede my rampant bed-warming. What I am curious about is what notes you're gonna send back to the guild - 'needs refinement, less eye of newt'?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, no." Glorious said, with the sort of detached worry that could have probably been gotten out of her if this conversation was about starving orphans in zebra lands, "Has she been threatened by anypony?"
    Basically. And accused of some pretty awful things too. I was wondering why. Maybe somepony has a grudge against her or something?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #308

Well, this is what it had to say about towers.
    Doc licked his lips as he thought about the details of his dream. It's been a while so the vision was now blurry. He remembered standing on the ground beside it... the tower cracked and began to crumble... yeah, this didn't help much. Like his memory of the dream, it was a bit too vague. Perhaps he really should seek out that seer that Captain K has on board.

Would it be rude if Doc asked when dinner would be ready? He was getting hungry enough that he could eat this book if he had a bottle of ketchup with him.

He put the book back and went to check on Mirror. Then he'd ask about dinner.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2015-04-17 at 05:37 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #309

Viridia grinned back. "Like gills and fish eyes would actually impede my rampant bed-warming. What I am curious about is what notes you're gonna send back to the guild - 'needs refinement, less eye of newt'?"
    Nightcore shrugged, calming down a bit when she realized Viridia wasn't going to try and kill her for turning her into a fish face.

"I'd wait until the night's over and see if you grow scales or something before I send anything." she admitted, "But I'll tell her to lay off the Flux. But I'm sort of worried that you're not."

Basically. And accused of some pretty awful things too. I was wondering why. Maybe somepony has a grudge against her or something?
    "Many ponies don't like the taxmare." Glorious Dawn said, matter-of-factly.

He put the book back and went to check on Mirror. Then he'd ask about dinner.
    Mirror was slowly picking a few books off the shelf! Mirror's taste in literature ran from murder mysteries to high fantasy. Actually, it was possible she was taking whole shelves down and looking through them to see if there was anything interesting.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310

"I'd wait until the night's over and see if you grow scales or something before I send anything." she admitted, "But I'll tell her to lay off the Flux. But I'm sort of worried that you're not."
    "Why's that?" Viridia asked curiously.

11. - Top - End - #311

Mirror was slowly picking a few books off the shelf! Mirror's taste in literature ran from murder mysteries to high fantasy. Actually, it was possible she was taking whole shelves down and looking through them to see if there was anything interesting.
    Doc looked at the spine titles on the collection still sitting on the shelves. "What kind of stories do you like?" he asked Mirror casually. "I like the ones about knights and dragons, wizards and magical faraway kingdoms." He looked to see which ones in that genre might be found.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

"Many ponies don't like the taxmare." Glorious Dawn said, matter-of-factly.
    I thought you didn't pay taxes in this town, Moonshadow said, making a confused face.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

13. - Top - End - #313

"Why's that?" Viridia asked curiously.
    "Most ponies don't react to to mutations that well." Nightcore replied, looking a little dumbfounded.

Doc looked at the spine titles on the collection still sitting on the shelves. "What kind of stories do you like?" he asked Mirror casually. "I like the ones about knights and dragons, wizards and magical faraway kingdoms." He looked to see which ones in that genre might be found.
    "My family is filled with knights and wizards, there was a dragon outside and this is a faraway kingdom." Mirror sniffed out. As it was, it looked like she was trying her best at murder mysteries.

I thought you didn't pay taxes in this town, Moonshadow said, making a confused face.
    "Oh, it's very low. It was collected as the money to bring caravans in and to keep the power generators working."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, it's very low. It was collected as the money to bring caravans in and to keep the power generators working."
    I see. It really bothers me that someponies are angry at Penny though, she's too nice to have to deal with that sort of crap. Moonshadow said, before her stomach let out a loud growl. Heh, um, when would we be sitting down for dinner? Moonshadow asked sheepishly, blushing in embarrassment.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #315

"My family is filled with knights and wizards, there was a dragon outside and this is a faraway kingdom." Mirror sniffed out. As it was, it looked like she was trying her best at murder mysteries.
    "Huh, so maybe I'm already living the dream," Doc commented. "Once upon a time in a wondrous land of white, the fair maiden Mirror, daughter of a great and wise warrior, had come of age and desired to travel to a distant land in order to seek her own adventure. The journey is fraught with dangerous thieves and deadly dragons, but they are no match for her cunning and her magical talents. It was in the kingdom of Sari where she crossed paths with a silly rogue-- kind, if a bit silly, and he was smitten by her grace that he wished to join on her adventure."

Although it was obvious where Doc was getting the elements for this made up story, he was doing it to cheer Mirror up. The stallion made a few exaggerated flourishes as he narrated and when he stopped he looked over at Mirror with a small smile. "I hope the next chapter in her adventure is even better."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #316

"Most ponies don't react to to mutations that well." Nightcore replied, looking a little dumbfounded.
    "Most ponies have some sense of self-preservation." Viridia shrugged.

17. - Top - End - #317

Heh, um, when would we be sitting down for dinner? Moonshadow asked sheepishly, blushing in embarrassment.
    "Oh, my apologies." Glorious Dawn said, frowning slightly, "The pirate attack forced me to stop while I was..."

Glorious Dawn's eyes widened, just a little bit!

"Excuse me, I need to finish making dinner." she said, bowing slightly before quickly heading for the other door, presumably to save dinner.

"I hope the next chapter in her adventure is even better."
    "No giant ghuls." Mirror said, with a very small smile.

"Most ponies have some sense of self-preservation." Viridia shrugged.
    "And you don't? Why's that?" Nightcore asked. There wasn't much worry in her voice, just the need for a confirmation.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow grinned, but looked around for something new to do. Wondering what Viridia was getting up to, she decided to go look for her.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #319

"No giant ghuls." Mirror said, with a very small smile.
    Doc nodded in agreement. "None at all."

He sat down near Mirror and her pile of books, picking one up at random. "I could live in a place with a big library like this."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #320

"And you don't? Why's that?" Nightcore asked. There wasn't much worry in her voice, just the need for a confirmation.
    "I don't really have anything I desperately cling to life for." Viridia answered.

21. - Top - End - #321

Doc nodded in agreement. "None at all."

He sat down near Mirror and her pile of books, picking one up at random. "I could live in a place with a big library like this."
    "The library where I grew up is very old." Mirror replied, while reading the back of 'The Donkey Policemare's Union', "It is big. It had four floors and was in a tower."

"I don't really have anything I desperately cling to life for." Viridia answered.
    "Well, you got all you're limbs and you're perfectly healthy." Nightcore replied, sounding like she really didn't agree,"A good life is something to live for. Clinging to life isn't a goal, but living is probably the best thing a pony could be."

Moonshadow grinned, but looked around for something new to do. Wondering what Viridia was getting up to, she decided to go look for her.
    This house was nice! No, really, this was a really great place! Hardwood walls and a nice carpet, and not a stain in sight! Moonshadow would be hard pressed to remember another ground-pony place she'd been to that was this luxurious, or clean, really.

Moonshadow saw the basement door, but she also smelled butter sugar in quantities that could reduce some ponies to crying wrecks. Did she have the stomach to wait for her dinner?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322

"The library where I grew up is very old." Mirror replied, while reading the back of 'The Donkey Policemare's Union', "It is big. It had four floors and was in a tower."
    "That does sound like a beautiful place to grow up in," Doc said. "The hospital I was raised in wasn't anything special. Lots of rooms, but not many books. What are doctors like in your land? More the magical and probably a lot cleaner than what I work with is my guess."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #323

"Well, you got all you're limbs and you're perfectly healthy." Nightcore replied, sounding like she really didn't agree,"A good life is something to live for. Clinging to life isn't a goal, but living is probably the best thing a pony could be."
    "You sound like you have more experience than me, so I won't contradict you." Viridia flashed a smile. "But I do have a question about that, actually - how long have you lived in Oakville?"

24. - Top - End - #324

"That does sound like a beautiful place to grow up in," Doc said. "The hospital I was raised in wasn't anything special. Lots of rooms, but not many books. What are doctors like in your land? More the magical and probably a lot cleaner than what I work with is my guess."
    Mirror had to take a minute to think about the question; it probably wasn't a good sign about the sort of health care available.

"My oldest brother knows magic to soften bone, but he uses it to fight." Mirror replied, frowning a bit, "No person could help with my allergies, however."

"You sound like you have more experience than me, so I won't contradict you." Viridia flashed a smile. "But I do have a question about that, actually - how long have you lived in Oakville?"
    "Three years." Nightcore replied, shrugging, "But I'v been coming here when I'm not called up to the guild. I'v got seniority, so I get to pick and choose jobs, so I chose here so I could be around Glory more."

Nightcore paused, and continued talking with a wiry grin.

"But I'm guess you're asking how long we've been together? Nine years, give or take a few months."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Well, nopony would notice a bite or two missing would they? Moonshadow followed her nose, seeing if she could find a quick snack to tide her over.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #326

Mirror had to take a minute to think about the question; it probably wasn't a good sign about the sort of health care available.
    "My oldest brother knows magic to soften bone, but he uses it to fight." Mirror replied, frowning a bit, "No person could help with my allergies, however."
    Doc was a little concerned about a bone-softening spell. For battle. He looked at the pile of books a moment so he wouldn't stare. "Oh, that... that is unfortunate. What allergies do you have? Seasonal? Specific food?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #327

Well, nopony would notice a bite or two missing would they? Moonshadow followed her nose, seeing if she could find a quick snack to tide her over.
    The dining room was big enough that ten ponies could be seated comfortably, and 'dinner' was apparently a synonym for 'feast' in this house!

While it didn't look like all the food was set out, the fruit trays were! Yes, fruit trays! While Moonshadow could see two bottles of maple syrup set out, there had to be pounds of food on the table already. Up in the clouds, the president probably didn't eat like this. A picture of what was on the table could have probably been used to incite terrorism. There were sliced strawberries and grapes and watermelon in a large step-pyramid shape on a plate big enough to stand on, and the whole thing edged with whipped cream and what was probably a light drizzle of maple syrup and was that, oh yes, that was a thick coating of powdered sugar around the middle of it, because apparently Glorious Dawn's master plan involved killing everyone with a mass diabetic shock.

Doc was a little concerned about a bone-softening spell. For battle. He looked at the pile of books a moment so he wouldn't stare. "Oh, that... that is unfortunate. What allergies do you have? Seasonal? Specific food?"
    "I think it was the cold." Mirror replied, "Or seal. I have not ate seal in a while."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

"I think it was the cold." Mirror replied, "Or seal. I have not ate seal in a while."
    "Hmm." Doc pondered through his medical knowledge for a moment. "Well I suppose we can watch for that since it's getting into winter now, but hopefully your allergies are not weather-related. Then again, it might not be too cold down here for you. I noticed you tend to be quite comfortable outside when I'm freezing my tail off."

Doc reflexively shivered, even though it was warm inside. Just one of those things when you think about it. "You like mysteries? There might be a book or two of Sherlock Hooves in this collection. Really good stories."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Rude as it may have been to start eating before everypony was seated, Moonshadow couldn't hep herself. She devoured one slice of watermelon, and snagged a second slice to munch on as she resumed her exploring.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #330

Nightcore paused, and continued talking with a wiry grin.

"But I'm guess you're asking how long we've been together? Nine years, give or take a few months."
    "Damn. You beat my record by a good nine years and a few months." Viridia smiled back at the mare. "How do you do it?"