New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [3.P] Paladin Druid Gestalt

I was looking into optimizing an immortal Paladin, at least a form of immortal.

The Reincarnated Druid is what I am thinking of using, at level 5 it allows me to reincarnate each time I am killed, unless it is by a death effect, necromancy, etc.

The idea behind this is a Paladin that does not simply die, he keeps returning as different races, sometimes races that are considered monsters such as the Kobold or Orc. He can try and turn these peoples away from their evil lifestyles, leading by example as it were.

So Paladin is awesome but it focuses on Cha and the Druid needs Wis. So I am stuck do I take Serenity (Dragon Mag 306) which makes my Paladin class features based on Wis, or do I take Dynamic Priest (Turns my Druid's spell casting to Cha instead of Wis)

Now I am not sure of the race to pick. Kasatha is kind of a cool starting race, due to the four arms and four attacks a turn according to Jacobs.
    Samsaran are an obvious choice due to Mystic Past Life (Picking any divine spell from any list to add to your spell list (Cha = number of spells)

I was thinking of going Living Monolith on Druid side to grant immunity to death effects and such as 15th level. I plan on taking Paladin 1-20 though the Archetypes are options but I dont see any I really want to use to make an immortal, but I admit I dont know all of them well.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [3.P] Paladin Druid Gestalt

It sounds like there is more Pathfinder here than I am used to, but real quick, what are the alignment requirements for each of these classes (if any) on Pathfinder? Cause in 3.5, Druid requires any neutral, and Paladin requires one of the four corners. Although, I think there was a Dragon article that opened up the rest of the alignments, so this may be a moot point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm you are right the Alignment of Druid must be Neutral which seems a little odd.

Anyway to get a non-alignment Druid?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Though I know of no non-neutral druid or non corner alignment paladin, I've a solution that dips into 3rd party.

The unchained oracle curse, at 5th level, makes it so you have no alignment and you are not restricted from any classes based on alignment restriction. This doesn't solve anything out the gate, but it is something.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

If 3.5 is allowed, there are (potentially) items that could do this, or ones that could be easily designed, using guidelines. For example, a refluffed reincarnate, slotless item would be 4 x minimum of 9 x 2,000 x 2, totalling 144,000 gp. Expensive, but totally possible. Granted, the DM would have to be okay with the "Never Dying, Ever" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.