New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Home 20

[Midnight Park]

Izanami frowns

Keep them away, but stay on the path and do not pursue. We should not linger here, and this broken lamp needs to be reported to Sweet ...

Oooooooh: creepy voice. Izanami stomps and now sounds very much like Keiko

What business is it of yours, creepy voiced interloper? I'm having fun on my unintentional vacation: I've got a new BFF, a house with a tree, and with luck I'll recover my favorite pet! I just found out that the gloom ponies are still subject to my power after all, so half my complaint was a total misunderstanding and the other half is likely to be workable with basic negotiations. I'm even considering getting a proper temple now.

All in all, this has suited me quite well THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

But... um... she can't help trembling just a bit. The analogy to Keiko is really quite apt, as poor Izanami is trained in pretty much absolutely nothing, and her divine power is both taxing to use and a bit muddled right now.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari nods and swipes at any shadow that gets too close, her enchanted blades now drinking the essence of any unfortunate shadow they hit. When she hears the other being and Izanami's reply, she nods and says, voice much steadier than her mistress' "Quite. Now then. Are you going to leave or are you going to make me make you leave?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

~I have no reason to leave, for I have nothing to fear of you. My kind was old when life and death and light were... novelties. And we shall persist when they are naught but memories,~ the creepy voice replies. ~You are a curious creature, Hikari. Most intriguing. I can not help but wonder what will happen when you are made whole. I suspect it will be an enlightening experience. Though I am loath to take action, destroying the right lantern at the right time to attract your shadow was a necessary perturbation of the system. I shall content myself to observe.~

And then?

The cloying mental touch is gone.

Instead there's a sound of beating wings drawing closer.

And grumbling.

"Who keeps busting the lanterns, anyway? There are signs all over saying how dangerous it is without them," comes a voice very much like Hikari's own. At least when she's alive. A pegasus pony approaches with a lamp clutched in her teeth. How she's managing to talk with a handle in her mouth is anyone's guess, but she seems to be pulling it off pretty well. Her coat is an angry, dappled grey like the underbelly of a storm cloud heavy with rain and her mane a gentle blue.

And unlike most of the members of Team Nightmære, her Mark is conspicuously absent.

She knows why, too. Half or her is missing.

But now, half of her is found.

"H-Hikari!" Stormy Spring calls out, dropping the lamp without bothering to hang it up and quickly landing trotting toward her 'sister'. "It's so great to see you again! And you brought a friend?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Divine powers muddled, but far from absent: Izanami hisses

Nightwatcher

Then Izanami marvels at Stormy Spring: this is a gloomy Pegasus? Izanami bows politely

Hello, Stormy Spring. I am Izanami no Mikoto...

I come in peace.

She decides to add that last part, because all things considered that would not be a given...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-04-15 at 05:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari nods and smiles, patting Stormy if the Gloomasus is close enough and says, "Hello again Stormy. How have you been?" Her voice is...Noticeably different from Stormy's.

6. - Top - End - #246

[Midnight Park]

Stormy almost recoils when Hikari touches her. Why the touching all of a sudden? She hadn't ever done that before. And something is... off. A coldness. Stormy could always sort of feel Hikari. But now that part of her feels...

Clammy.

And lifeless.

Speaking of, Hikari is looking awfully pale all of a sudden...

The pegasus steps back a bit, concern on her face. "Hikari... what's going on? You used to..." her ears droop. Even saying it aloud is hard for her. "You hated me. But you aren't acting like you do, now. That isn't bad! It's just..."

Strange.

And abrupt.

She glances between Hikari and this other person.

Is she someone from the Temple of Inari? She can't recall all their names off the hoof.

"What do you mean, you come in peace? Who are you?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2015-04-15 at 05:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Thad's Room

Thad takes the wand, looking at it curiously. "Wouldn't a ring be easier to hide?" He asks as he steps into the center of his room to raise it up. "Star power activate!" He shouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Valentine's Day]

"Mm, not that tough..." Valente yawns. "Just... busy is all." He mutters as he start to drift off in her arms. Not exactly his plans for Valentine's day, but there are worse ways.
    [Valentine's Day]

"I'm glad I just got a job then instead doing the real work around here." Astrana muses. "Frankly I'm little bit amazed you managed to get all this ready."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-04-15 at 08:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thad's Room]

Light bursts from the wand and Thad finds himself undergoing a transformation, as elaborate as it is overly long. When it's done he finds himself in a top that you might find a girl scout in, with a brightly coloured handkerchief around his neck. His skirt is far too short to continue the theme, however, and it's colour matches. On his head is a simple diadem, with a single stone in its center.

He'll also find that his body suddenly goes along with the outfits he likes to wear. He's well and truly a girl now, rather than simply dressed as one.

[Valentine's Day]

Valente chuckles and nuzzles her. "Wasn't so hard. Just had to..." He trails off. Astrana doesn't have to wonder too long, because in moments she can hear his soft snoring. His exhaustion got the better of him a second time.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami sighs... honesty was so much more work.

I am the goddess of Creation and Death. Countless years ago, I was wooed by the god Izanagi, and being young and inexperienced I accepted his proposal. I should have taken warning when the elders scolded me for being so bold as to SPEAK FIRST at our wedding... but I was so happy.

It was not a happy marriage. He had endless affairs and while I was expected to bear his children, I received precious little in return. Eventually, I found a new power on my own... and I tested him. I went to the land of death and took on a horrible visage: if he truly loved me, he would surely seek to save me regardless of how I appeared, particularly knowing the dreadful pain I had gone through? BUT NO! He abandoned me with insults, and I took to using my power for...

Izanami sighs, and plays with the hem of her blouse, and then shakes her head

I swore to kill a thousand mortals a day, and I turned most of them into undead. There are many things that are my fault... I did it. I had reasons, but ... that doesn't help the innocent people it happened to. And the bitter irony is that the fool Izanagi didn't hold on to his realm an entire year: Ameterasu and Inari came along, and while he made a foolish story about them being born from his washing... only wretched Susa-no-o is really his - bastard child of adultery that he is. Even the emperor of his precious island kingdom claims descent from Ameterasu, not him.

She shakes her head

In late January, a team of your friends attacked a castle in the gloomwood south of Sharpspire... in the dungeons beneath, they found and "redeemed" a dracolich. That was one of my agents, spying on the master of the castle, and ... my best friend. I held it against you. I tried several things to get back at you, but they all failed miserably. Finally, I attacked Carousel Court, here.

I did not succeed. Hikari faced me, and a young colt acting selflessly attacked and stabbed me... and that invoked a power that while I was not actually a signatory to, my oldest son IS, and so it affected me as I never renounced him. As I awoke from the disorientation, I accepted the situation but Hikari here was with me and I ... wanted her to be with me. She is truly special...

I acted selfishly, and took her to my realm. I gave her my greatest gifts, and poured my own power into her. But I never asked her if she was willing... I have since apologized and given her a permanent option that should she wish her old state back, I would return it in a moment. I... I love her, Stormy. I will do anything for her...

And that brings us to now. Hikari is in dire danger: she has no shadow, and at any moment may be assaulted, possessed, and taken away. But there is a proper shadow and companion for her. And I think you know who that is...

Additionally... I have come to make peace with Lady Sweet Spring, to apologize, and ask forgiveness, and open the doors of... friendship. I have never done this before, and it is to my everlasting shame. But I need help. I need Hikari... and I need you. Today I learned that you are also still under the everlasting rule of life and death... I was wrong, shamefully wrong... and... I want to help. I can offer the resources of one of the greater citadels and kingdoms in the entire gloom - if you will forgive me... if you will help me... if you will not leave me to the whims of the Nightshades...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-04-15 at 11:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari nods and says, "It's okay Stormy. I don't hate you anymore. And Lady Izanami really does want peace. But I won't make you rejoin with me if you don't want to. Ultimately, it's your choice."

11. - Top - End - #251

[Midnight Park]

The gloomy pegasus' ears fold back.

That...

Is a lot of information to take in at once.

Stormy is only vaguely aware of what being a Messenger means, but she knows enough to know that it's rather important. She knows that turning people into undead is just the worst thing, but at the same time Izanami seems truly sorry for what she did. If she wants to be friends and learn to do better, isn't that great? The greatest thing, even?

And best of all? Hikari doesn't hate her anymore! They'll get to be one person again like they're supposed to be! Stormy can tell, the longer she looks at Hikari, that something is wrong with her. Did Izanami make her undead? If she did, then there's virtually no chance that Hikari would ask to be made living again. The undead just don't work that way. It twists the mind.

But...

Maybe if Stormy would be the shadow of her other half again...

"Hikari... If I become your shadow again while you're undead, I don't know what will happen,"
    Stormy admits. "If I become your shadow again at all, I don't know what will happen. But I want to believe that it'll be something good. But... before I do anything... Hikari... have you given up on getting home?"

That look in Stormy's... well... not eyes. She doesn't strictly have any eyes. That's true of all the members of Team Nightmære. But still! Her expression speaks it all. Stormy hasn't given up hope. Even in the state that she's in, she still wants to try to get home.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami shakes her head, interrupting slightly

She is not undead as you understand it, no: there is no false spirit inhabiting her. She is operating with negative energy now, yes, but in the fashion of a native being than a possessed body.

But I see what you are... I see what your body is doing. I am a goddess of Creation and Death, and I can adjust her as needed!

She shrinks back

Provided, of course, that's what you want: Hikari. I will never do anything to you without permission again.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-04-16 at 04:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari nods and says, "I think it would be easier for us to recombine if I was human again." She then nods to Stormy and says, "I-I have. I just...I don't think it's going to happen. And I'm happy here."

14. - Top - End - #254

[Midnight Park]

Stormy nods back.

Now they're both standing there, nodding at each other. It would probably look silly if not for the gravity of the situation.

"Mother and father at least deserve to know that we're still alive," Stormy replies quietly. "I've heard from some of the ponies around Carousel Court that there's someone working on a Bridge. It's a machine that can span from the Nexus to any other universe. But it isn't done yet."

So there's hope.

There's still a chance.

Stormy scrapes a hoof against the ground.

"Even if we could get just a little hole open, we could make a phone call? Even if we can't go home, I want to hear mother's voice again."

D'aaww...

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami closes her eyes

I can't make you exactly human again without breaking everything else. I can make you like them: a balance of both positive and negative, alive and unalive. You will be able to connect on both levels, and I'm rather sure that would work better...

I can retract everything, but that means... everything. But if that is truly what you want, I will hold to my promise and do it.

Her despair is clearly written on her face, in her body language, and in her scent.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari looks guiltily at Stormy as she says, "Yeah...I know. I just...I don't think it'll happen. I'm sorry, Stormy. Maybe the Bridge thing will work out, but this place has a nasty habit of making stuff like that fail. That...That's why I gave up. This place is just nasty like that."

17. - Top - End - #257

[Midnight Park]

Poor Stormy's wings droop.

She's not going to give up.

She won't give up!

But for now, more pressing things.

"I think it would be safest if you were human again, Hikari. I don't want you getting hurt because something unexpected happens."

While she isn't intimately familiar with the situation, she is at least vaguely aware that there's someone out there trying to make making living creatures into unliving ones. Or undead creatures into unliving ones. And there hasn't been much headway. Izanami is a goddess, of course, but...

Better safe than getting blasted apart into giblets.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami sighs

Shall I try something less... important first? Miss Inari boasts of her fourteen billion year age...

She smirks

Such a cute little child

Then her smirk melts into a vicious grin

But certainly! A MOUSE is here, right over there, having followed the path in and eating gloomflower seeds. That is more than enough to work with to show you that I do happen to know what I am talking about.

The dreadful, ancient mother of Creation and Death looks off to the side where a barely heard rustling originates. There is a pained squeak, then a surge of power: simultaneously drawing from positive and negative energy in equal measure. Then she bursts out laughing!

I... I just...

Oh gods...

I just made a ...

Oh, I can't...

The Nexus! Don't worry...

A Zoroark wanders out of the underbrush, looking confused.

Ark?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari opens her mouth to reply to Stormy, but then pokemon happen! She blinks a couple times, then says slowly, "Um...Lady Izanami...Was that supposed to happen?"

20. - Top - End - #260

[Midnight Park]

Stormy opens her mouth to ask a question of Izanami, but then pokemon happen! She blinks a couple times, then says slowly, "Um...Miss Izanami...Was that supposed to happen?"

What?

Why would anyone expect Stormy and Hikari to react to most situations differently?

They ARE the same person, more or less.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami is still trying to control her giggles

It is all part of the fun of being unspecific when remaking something - but those strange creatures have been turning up quite a lot lately.

Zoroark zor?

Yes, yes. I'll train you. Now: are you two ready?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari nods and says, after she swallows, "Yep." She takes a deep breath and says, "I'm ready when you are."

23. - Top - End - #263

[Midnight Park]

Stormy nervously fluffs her wings and then nods.

This is it!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Thad's Room

When does this end... Thad thinks to himself as the transformation occurs. It really did feel like it was taking the better part of forever, but when it does stop, she doesn't stumble when her feet touch the floor again so he faces her mirror. At first she doesn't realize any actual differences, instead looking over the snazzy orange uniform and frowning at just how short that damned skirt was. "It's going to be weird moving in that thing. Everyone's going to see my..." She starts, freezing when she realizes her voice is different and that she can't really reach in front of herself like she used to. Thad takes another moment to look in the mirror before her hands shoot up to cover her mouth to keep her scream muffled. "What the hell?!?!" She asks, eyes wide in shock as she feels various spots on her body. "I'm a girl?!?!"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thad's Room

"Nah." Libra says with a shake of her head. "You just look like a girl. Totally different. You're just as male as you feel yourself to be!" Libra might have some peculiar ideas how gender worked.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami pats the Zoroark for good luck, then concentrates.

A gentle, warm, calm sensation begins to fill the area as Izanami calls on the raw energies of Creation. This area of the park might be just a little weird after this as Izanami is making precious little effort to avoid side effects!

It doesn't taker her long before she reaches her goal, and she opens her eyes with a warm smile: her voice now resounding with the divine sound of the ancient Celestial family she is from.

Hikari, today I make a new thing: AWAKEN!

The creative power flashes out from her, enveloping Hikari: enfolding her in a warm, delightful cocoon. Utterly unlike the painful transformation previously, this is ecstatic beyond description. Her body is changed again, using the gloom pegasus as a template for the mechanics but adjusting it to fit her designs. The goal: to balance Hikari to the powers of creation and death, just as her mistress is.

Such a change is never without physical effects: and she becomes slightly taller, her build gently more slender and more defined. Her fingers and toes get longer, her chin and cheekbones more defined, her nose smaller and more pointed, her eyes slant and her pupils slightly slitted. Her eyebrows thin and arch, and her ears go slightly pointed.

The power fades and Izanami is back to normal. She blinks..

Wow...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-04-18 at 10:03 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari takes a deep breath as the divine magic washes over her, smiling as she's cocooned by Izanami's magic. When she emerges, she looks down at herself and frowns, saying, "Um, Lady Izanami, What happened? I look...Different. I can't put my finger on it though..."

28. - Top - End - #268

[Midnight Park]

Well!

That was certainly a light show.

Stormy shields her eyes with a wing until the brilliant glow has subsided.

And when it's over?

She wrinkles her nose a bit at Hikari before giving Izanami a confused expression.

"You made her look like an elf?"

Hah!

Silly elves.

The gloom ponies don't have any special ability to sense the forces of life and death, so such changes are totally unnoticeable to Stormy.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami is a trifle giddy from the power that just flowed through her

Hee hee hee! At least she isn't a Pokémon!

But no... I didn't choose the form, it just happened: I just insisted that she remain as human as she could... apparently this is it.

But I think she looks nice!

Indeed, she looks rather smitten with Hikari right now.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari nods and says, "Mmm...So...I'm an elf now? That's...A thing. So I guess we merge now, Stormy?"