New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738394055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

H! I'm new to this thread and I am fairly new to d&d but I've jumped in quickly and love playing. I wish I would've started alot sooner!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugrim912 View Post
    H! I'm new to this thread and I am fairly new to d&d but I've jumped in quickly and love playing. I wish I would've started alot sooner!
    Good to have you on board, Maugrim! It's never too late to start.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #873
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hi all. Addicting to gaming since AD&D and Atari. Looking forward to whatever is next.
    The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. — EH

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRiff View Post
    Hi all. Addicting to gaming since AD&D and Atari. Looking forward to whatever is next.
    A fan of the classics, then. I like to see new posters with experience.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #875
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone. I have stalked this forum for a while and keep up with the Order of the Stick web comic.

I am a freelance game designer, and will likely be posting stuff here for you all to look at in the near future.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dire_insomniac View Post
    Hello everyone. I have stalked this forum for a while and keep up with the Order of the Stick web comic.

I am a freelance game designer, and will likely be posting stuff here for you all to look at in the near future.
    Now that is exciting! I'll be looking forward to your creations.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #877
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Namaste. I'm a new user. I came here after reading the comic. I'm hoping to join in some discussions and stuff.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Greetings playground people.
    I have lurked for a month now and have read 900 OOTS strips. (and am beginning to feel the fear of being done with binge mode... An happy too, takes time! It's brilliant.)

I haven't played d&d for like 13 years. But my friend, a fine fellow and dm, got a game started back up. We've played once so far and I am all excited, but the people I am playing with know too much and have too much time for reading, so I'm here to get ideas without having to be brilliant on my own.

I'm a therapist, happily married and have a one year old little warrior, I love bees, swords and trees. And cereal. And most milk products. I am a spiritual person, I'm good at fire, I'm a bit unsure of the Internet (didn't grow up here), and get too much pleasure from "fail" YouTubes. Mid-level geek and Mid-level nerd.

*edit
    Whew, so I just read the rules and looked for where I might ask for help with my character. Should I search for a corresponding thread, or is it (more) appropriate to start a new thread with my question? (I'd like to ask about prestige classes from being a fighter, and good tricks/mulligans/novelties for further aiding and informing the character) (and thanks for reading all that)
    Last edited by Valcor; 2016-04-28 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Need to ask about how to ask about character help

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cereos View Post
    Namaste. I'm a new user. I came here after reading the comic. I'm hoping to join in some discussions and stuff.
    Namaste, Cereos. It's always good to have new voices in the discussion. Now we just need to identify this mysterious 'and stuff'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valcor View Post
    Greetings playground people.
    I have lurked for a month now and have read 900 OOTS strips. (and am beginning to feel the fear of being done with binge mode... An happy too, takes time! It's brilliant.)

I haven't played d&d for like 13 years. But my friend, a fine fellow and dm, got a game started back up. We've played once so far and I am all excited, but the people I am playing with know too much and have too much time for reading, so I'm here to get ideas without having to be brilliant on my own.

I'm a therapist, happily married and have a one year old little warrior, I love bees, swords and trees. And cereal. And most milk products. I am a spiritual person, I'm good at fire, I'm a bit unsure of the Internet (didn't grow up here), and get too much pleasure from "fail" YouTubes. Mid-level geek and Mid-level nerd.

*edit
    Whew, so I just read the rules and looked for where I might ask for help with my character. Should I search for a corresponding thread, or is it (more) appropriate to start a new thread with my question? (I'd like to ask about prestige classes from being a fighter, and good tricks/mulligans/novelties for further aiding and informing the character) (and thanks for reading all that)
    Good to have you on board! If you're looking for character help, head down to the Roleplaying Games section, then post in the appropriate sub-forum- it looks like you'll want the D&D 3.e/3.5e/d20 section. Just prefix your thread with 'Player Help' and away you'll go!
    Show

10. - Top - End - #880
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi! I'm a newcomer in these forums but have been browsing it for character guides and such for a couple of months now. I've always been a fan of rpgs whether in video game or tabletop form but I only discovered the greatness of D&D nearly a year ago when I started watching GeekandSundry's Critical Role.

I've always enjoyed character creation in any rpgs and despite not having been able to play an actual game of D&D, I've already had characters in mind and maybe I'll put the to use around here.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Panzo View Post
    Hi! I'm a newcomer in these forums but have been browsing it for character guides and such for a couple of months now. I've always been a fan of rpgs whether in video game or tabletop form but I only discovered the greatness of D&D nearly a year ago when I started watching GeekandSundry's Critical Role.

I've always enjoyed character creation in any rpgs and despite not having been able to play an actual game of D&D, I've already had characters in mind and maybe I'll put the to use around here.
    Well, there's plenty of opportunities to put characters to use around here. You can head down to the Play-by-Post Games section to get involved with a game, or just further develop your characters in the Roleplaying Games section. Good luck!
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Greetings and salutations to the members of this esteemable playground. I have been a long time reader of Order of the Stick, but have only in the last year actually begun playing D&D and other tabletop roleplaying games. I am currently running a campaign in the style of the West Marches and as my first act as a member of these forums I have posted a revision to the 5e Ranger Class (just like everyone else).

It is a pleasure to be here and I look forward to becoming a (small) part of this community.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrumist View Post
    Greetings and salutations to the members of this esteemable playground. I have been a long time reader of Order of the Stick, but have only in the last year actually begun playing D&D and other tabletop roleplaying games. I am currently running a campaign in the style of the West Marches and as my first act as a member of these forums I have posted a revision to the 5e Ranger Class (just like everyone else).

It is a pleasure to be here and I look forward to becoming a (small) part of this community.
    Straight to it, then? Well, let's be perfectly honest, if there's a class that needs revision it's 5E Ranger. Good to have a new person working to improve the games we love!
    Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! I'm fairly new to D&D and I have played in a couple groups, though they were fairly light on the rules and I'm gonna be in a new one again soon, so I'm probably gonna be asking for a lot of help on different topics or just searching through the archived ones! Nice to meet y'all!

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morganzephyr View Post
    Hello! I'm fairly new to D&D and I have played in a couple groups, though they were fairly light on the rules and I'm gonna be in a new one again soon, so I'm probably gonna be asking for a lot of help on different topics or just searching through the archived ones! Nice to meet y'all!
    Luckily, there's a vast wealth of knowledge on rules issues stored both in the archives of threads and in the heads of posters. It's great to have a new player on board that's willing to ask and learn!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #886
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well hey there I have been a lurker of these forums for about 6 months now. And I decided that it was time to post stuff and interact more. I was introduced to DnD by watching critical role. And now I have officially become addicted . I have been following the order of the stick comics for a while. I am currently in 3 campaigns one of which is kinda regular all in pathfinder and I DM for a group of 3 players in DnD 5e regularly.

I hope I can interact with a lot of you and find a cool community here.

PS. English is not my mother language so bare with me if my grammar and spelling are a bit poor.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyPotato View Post
    Well hey there I have been a lurker of these forums for about 6 months now. And I decided that it was time to post stuff and interact more. I was introduced to DnD by watching critical role. And now I have officially become addicted . I have been following the order of the stick comics for a while. I am currently in 3 campaigns one of which is kinda regular all in pathfinder and I DM for a group of 3 players in DnD 5e regularly.

I hope I can interact with a lot of you and find a cool community here.

PS. English is not my mother language so bare with me if my grammar and spelling are a bit poor.
    Great to have you with us! I wouldn't worry about your language- there's plenty of non-native English speakers around these boards.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Pixie in the Playground

Greetings fellow nerds, gamer, which ever you might be. I am the NU or short for Neckar Unrivaled in case you might be wondering what it means. A sort of nickname that stuck with me over the years from a former role playing character I used to play back on a Star Wars Forum back in mid-2000 to about 2005. Anyways I'm a gamer, writer sort of all-around nerdy guy. Love talking about films, Marvel, DC and everything between it. I have approximate knowledge of many things (see who catches it) and enjoy coming up with some really weird things. Currently I'm running three websites two are fan websites in gaming and anime and the other is sort of an all whatever I want personal blog I update every now and then.

Background
    I've been using the internet for a very long time; I started out like many geeky nerds my age in 1995 on the computers at my school. It wasn't until 1996 I started out with my own webpage on my AOL personal space which back then was like 1 or 2mbs which back then seem like a whole lot. It was all about anime and mostly Dragon Ball Z. From there it evolved and changed. Over the years I've had many different websites all sort of finding myself in that sort of way. In the some 20 years that I've been doing web design, graphic design and well blogging as you would call it now; I've also come to love many other things.

Such as of course comic books, had my own collection of comic books growing up, was mainly a Marvel reader. Spiderman, X-men, Hulk, Iron Man, stuff along those lines. I did however mainly read from DC Superman and Batman long with some others as I got older such as Spawn, TMNT and Punisher. Along with comics I was also a big card game and board game player from the young age of 10. I've always loved card games, was a big MTG, YuGioh, DBZ CCG player back in the day. I also did the whole MechWarrior, HeroClix and Pokemon deal as well. There was a bunch of other games I played like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and a few Anime ones but never dug into them as deeply as I did MTG and DBZ CCG pretty much able to build any deck I wanted. I dd the whole Yugioh thing for like 2 years and then fell out of it, just cost too much money damn.

Long story short gaming has always been a sort of passion for me. If it wasn't playing card games with my friends at the local card shop, going to per-releases doing D&D with a small group of friends for a year or two that it was to discovering Japanese anime, Sentai, Kamen Rider and all. So you can guess like many who jump into anime it was Dragon Ball Z. I've wanted a lot of anime; some really good like One Punch Man and some I'm still trying to figured out like Bleach, Devil May Cry, etc. I've wanted every sort of kind of anime, from Gundam to Ouran High School Host Club, it's a really good anime and sucks it was only one season long. I also dived some into Manga but really only read Dragon Ball and Naruto to be honest with you. My love and passion has been writing. I started small doing AOL Chat room role playing for a few years and then that moved across to messages with private stories between groups of people or one-on-one, etc. I've done the whole forums deal many times doing Marvel, D&D, Star Wars and my own custom storyline that I ran a website for a few years with a small group of friends of mine.

I suppose that is why I love film so much, I enjoy doing reviews of films I enjoy and even ones I hate as I generally focus on a few things like comic book, video game, fantasy, comedy style films. I have a few film scripts I'm in the middle of writing and some web series I'd like to one day get off the ground. Of course being a big gamer as I've stated I'm a Blizzard fan, playing WoW for more years than I should have and spending way more money on it than I ever should have but meh it is what it is right? I'm sure everyone has done stuff they later look back on and wonder why. of course it's also the focus of one of my websites. I'll leave that sort of stuff for later because this place isn't a place I'm looking to do the whole free advertising sort of thing. No this is sort of going to be another home for me. Some place I can totally nerd out and hopefully mean some awesome people who enjoy the same things I do.

What I do now
    As I've said, right now I run a few websites so I do a whole lot of writing for them. Coding and designing and what not. Maybe one day I'll share them and get feedback on. I work 40 hours a week overnights stocking so a whole lot of my posting will be the afternoon or night time (for me anyways). I have my own Twitch channel which I stream now and then games off my PC, XBox One and PS4. My main games are Hearthstone, Clash of Clans, Tap Titan, Dragon Ball XenoVerse, and Destiny and maybe Doom when it comes out. I do play a ton of other games too from time to time. Like for example to get everyone reading Rift, Wild Star, Diablo 2/3 Star Craft, Warcraft 3 and some games I'm looking to try out have installed like Smite, Star Trek Online and a few others I can't remember. And I'm currently watching Flash and Dragon Ball Super. I'm really not too much into watching TV anymore. I haven't watched Power Rangers in years nor Super Sentai, I think the last time I watched was 4 years ago. Arrow and Legends I've sort of fell out of and other TV shows I just can't jump into. Of course I watched Daredevil and I generally watch movies every chance I get. Having two computer monitors really helps in multitasking!

Generally role play on a few role playing websites and with a few people online over Skype still but nothing too major. Given I'm engaged and the fact she is rather sick and needs a lot of my time with work and my own hobbies and projects doesn't leave a whole lot of room for much else. So those will be the things I'll talk about the most here when I post. Sorry that it was such a long introduction post but you know it is what it is. I felt like sharing and maybe it'll give you a little bit of an insight of who I am and what to expect from me.

Until Next Time and forgot to bring this up, two friends of mine pointed me out to this site and forums which is why I'm here mainly. So I'll see you all around. Thanks for reading and if you read all of that. Hats off to you!

19. - Top - End - #889
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! Name's Ari and I'm a student of marine biology. I've always been into gaming and roleplaying specially! There is always something amazing about writing a character you create. It's a sort of magic, haha. I'm also a practicing pagan, which is kind of neat I suppose. Hmm, I'm not sure what else to say I guess.

Oh! I'm also engaged and about to move with him into my mother's house. Which is neat, but yeah.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    Great to have you with us! I wouldn't worry about your language- there's plenty of non-native English speakers around these boards.
    I thought it woundn't be a problem but a litle disclaimer never hurt anyone XD

21. - Top - End - #891
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Hi everybody. Started reading OotS awhile ago and figured it time to finally join the forums. So, yeah. Hi.
    Last edited by CrazyPenguin; 2016-05-03 at 02:09 PM. Reason: I figured out the answer to my question.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Ello!

I headed here after googling D&D forums and finding this one at the top. Hopefully it is lively.

I'm currently writing (over 400k words done) a mega fan-fic/crossover with aspects of Planescape, D&D (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Spelljammer, etc). Any advice as to which would be the 'right' forum to bring up topics/queries would be welcome.

Cheers!
    ~AB

23. - Top - End - #893
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hi all,

Recently started playing 5e D&D after a break of 25+ years, yes, I was playing AD&D before that new fangled 2nd edition came out...

Soooo old.....

Loving playing again, found a great AL group to embarrass myself before.

Remembered an old situation the other day, large (10 player per session plus) game, we had a cleric that used to charge us for healing, quite mercenary, we came upon a door with 2 hand shaped recesses in it, I, being the young idiot that I was then, placed my hands in the recesses, only to find to my chagrin that there were two scything blades in perfect unison removing my hands, the cleric, raised an eyebrow and said the immortal words, 'that'll cost yer'

Loving the forums btw!!

Mark

24. - Top - End - #894
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hello all! I'm Shrimpboy107 and I'm a fairly recent (2 years) DnD player, but a long time lover of RPGs. I'm planning on posting an Artificer homebrew I made for 5th edition soon, just need to get a few more posts. I'm excited to share a common passion with you all and express our love for the game!

25. - Top - End - #895
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Hi! Boyfriend introduced me to Order of the Stick a few weeks ago, and I got instantly addicted.

I'm a packrat player in D&D....you know, the one who has tons and tons of equipment and never wants to get rid of anything cause "What if I need it later?" Yeah, that's me.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'M...kind of new. It's more of a been-here-for-a-while-and-just-procrastinated-on-my-introduction-post-for-a-very-long-time situation. So...hello! I'm RabanoDOOM, master procrastinator and general uncultured dingus.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hello everyone. So, I'm in my first time playing D&D I already played other system, 3d&t(that is very famous(and very easy to play) here in Brazil). I'm happy to be part of this tradition.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hello giantitp! I have been playing d&d 3.5 for most of my life, and have been reading oots for even longer. I love gaming of all kinds and am happy to be a part of this community

Characters: Vyncent Crevan-The Chains of Kehetch

29. - Top - End - #899
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi, I've been lurking on the site for some time, and now that I'm again roleplaying, I'm opting for the possibility of using the best resource of the site, it's minds. So Hello!

Playing: An anomalous Blessed in a Savage Deadlands.
    Toying: With the idea of making a good FATE conversion for Fading Suns, after seeing the Mass Effect one.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Been around for ages and this forum helped me and my group build dozens of overpowered super heroes. I've been playing D&D for 25 years now and it has never gotten bored. Made all the transitions from D&D to AD&D to EE to 3.0 to 3.5 and ignored 4.0 competely although I bought most of the material. Trying to get the group to switch to 5 now but they are all spoiled with too many options that are available to them in 3.5.
    Got all of the printed editions from the man himself and sadly missed the autographed ones. The boardgame is also lot's of fun!
    Dunno why I haven't signed up here yet (could have sworn I did my password vault told me otherwise) so here I am :)