New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Fantasy AGE?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Fantasy AGE?

Been watching a you tube video presented by Wil Wheaton where they're planning on running a 10 week series using Green Ronin's newly genericed Fantasy AGE RPG using a setting devised by Wil Wheaton and his son entitled Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana and I was wondering what people think about this?

And by that I mean Fantasy AGE (Adventure Game Engine) since this is the rpg thread and not the media discussion thread.

Since the Dragon Age RPG uses that system I assume some of you can post your impressions of that but since this is apparently planned for release sometime in May with the Titansgrave setting for release at Gen Con I assume it'll be a while before any additional information is released.

So what do you think about this?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fantasy AGE?

I quite like the Dragon Age rules. Green Ronin announced that they are planning to do Blue Rose 2nd edition which will also use AGE and in that context mentioned that the magic system in DA really was meant to reflect the videogames and is not meant as the default magic system for AGE. That's where things probably will be the most different.

What I like about Dragon Age is that it's a relatively rules light 3d6 system. Reminds me of Basic D&D a lot, but is totally different from AD&D and it's WotC successors. It still has classes and attributes, but also elements of a skill based system.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I have hot dollars burning a hole in my pocket waiting for Fantasy AGE to get released. I hadn't heard about the Blue Rose update, that's good news too. I've got the Blue Rose books but have never had a chance to use them.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Yes I'm interested in that too, gave my copy of the Dragon Age set 1 to a friend who recently told me he ran it.

I would like to see something like the planned Tabletop series done with the Star Wars game from FFG but doubt it will ever get done to the stage where I can understand why they treat the force powers like they do.

Meanwhile I'll watch the heck out of the Titansgrave series and pick up the setting book simply to get a better handle on what's going on admittedly very interested in the Thundarr implications!