New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e

It's the early afternoon on a beautiful mid summer day in Waterdeep, the year 1479 DR.

Out on in the Dock Ward, Bregg walks into Mighty Fist's Rest. Upon entering he sees big man who has seen to many fights manning the bar talking with two other older men, and the three of them seem oblivious to the rest of the world around, except for the younger lad who tries to catch every word as if he was listening to the gods themselves. To the far left corner a small man in the corner take immediate notice of the dusty traveler, but then looks away. Bregg gets a clear and odd feeling about that mousy man. To the right two very drunk sailors are making fools of themselves as the harass the waitress and the only other patron that day.

Khor is just starting to enjoy some of Mighty Fist's potatoes hash. So far he has ignored the drunken sailors' harassing, though it's clear they will likely move on to the newest of targets. He sees the large barbaric man enter the tavern, clearly appearing to not have seen a good day's rest in quite some time.

Out on the streets across from the Mighty Fist's Rest, Berjic Stormshield is ranting away to anyone who would listen about the dangers of trade and otherwise peacefully means of interacting with orcs and their kind. He sees the dusty traveler enter the tavern. But the half-orc walking the street has garnered more of his attention.

Gord is minding his business as he searches for work along the Dock Ward. As he's walking along the lane he can hear the cleric of Mordain shouting curses about orcs and their dangers. It may be best to avoid him by entering the tavern in front of the cleric, people on this side of town generally don't take kind to high and mighty types.
    Last edited by rafet; 2015-04-07 at 10:40 AM.
    Spoiler: What am I?
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    Dark Secrets of Havengul 4e:
    OOC; IC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e

Khor eyes the large man for a bit, then starts digging into his food. The hash is good, the sausage a little burnt, but still delicious.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Hey there sugar." The barmaid approaching Bregg and talking a mile a minute, "I'm Haley and I can get yah anythin' yah need. And well don't yah look quite road weary? We've got rooms upstairs if yah need one, and it sure looks that way, if yah don't mind me sayin'."
    Last edited by rafet; 2015-04-07 at 09:55 AM.
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Bregg smiled at the barmaid.
    A room with a good bed sure sounds nice to me. However, before that, I would like to have what he's having.

With that he nods at the orcish looking man eating at a table in the inn.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Danger is coming! Berjic screams to the few people that pay any attention to him. He eyes the half-orc who entered the tavern.Look today they crowd you inns tomorrow they be slaughtering you wife and children! After his preach he enters the tavern his gut rumbling with hunger.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The dwarf was back. Khor had heard his shouting when he'd first arrived in Waterdeep. It wasn't his problem, he kept telling himself. But the itch was there in the back of his mind. Any excuse would be good enough to put that dwarf on his ass. He took another bite of hash and tried to get the attention of one of the barmaids.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    Bregg smiled at the barmaid.
    A room with a good bed sure sounds nice to me. However, before that, I would like to have what he's having.

With that he nods at the orcish looking man eating at a table in the inn.
    "Well, glad to have yah!" The barmaid smiles, "I'll go fetch yah some food, and see about getting you a key."

Seeing the barmaid turn to head back to the kitchen, one of sailors calls for her attention. "Hey, don't ferget about our next round yeh wench!"

"I'll get to youse, when yah start showin' some respect, so quiet down some." With that she turns to the kitchen. And the sailor mumbles something to himself while his friend muffles a laugh.
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

8. - Top - End - #8

AssassinGuy

Berjic grabbed a stool and pull it up to the counter waiting for a barmaid to come and get his order, Vermin, vermin from the depths of the 7 hells he thinks disgusted, If I had to work with them in Mordains name I would kill myself!

9. - Top - End - #9

10. - Top - End - #10

DrowGuy

Bregg shot an angry glare at the sailors before unslinging his waraxe and sitting down at a table on the other side of the inn, where he had a good view of whatever was going on inside.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Big Mike shouts to the kitchen,"Haley, you got two more, now. And another one wants something, I'll handle the kitchen." With an overdone gesture, Big Mike turns to his fellows, "I guess it's going to be busy afternoon today." And he enters the kitchen.

A moment later Haley comes hustling out, "Now, well, I'll do my best to get to all of youse."

"Where's our drinks!" the sailor shouts again

Haley turns to the younger man at the bar and with a wink, "Charlie, be a dear and fetch them a couple pints."
    The young lad blushes as he leaps to his feet, "Um.. yessum Ms. Haley!" He runs to the bar and fills two glasses.

Turning to the dwarf first Haley asks, "What can I do for yah?"
    Last edited by rafet; 2015-04-07 at 01:54 PM.
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

12. - Top - End - #12

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rafet View Post
    Turning to the dwarf first Haley asks, "What can I do for yah?"
    Staring up at the barmaid Berjic begins to speak "Hmmm, maybe a drink for all! On me!" He says yelling out to the crowds! "Expect for them vermin over there." he said pointing at the half-orcs snorting.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

As they accept their drinks from Charlie, the two sailors raise their fresh mugs, and one of them shouts, "Hear Hear, good dwarf! We be glad for your drinks and curse the orcs I suppose!"

Haley gives the cleric a big smile, she's always happy for a customer who's clearly got some loose change, "Well certainly, are you looking to start a tab then, dearie?"
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"You shouldn't be starting trouble where there isn't any, dwarf." Khor stated, loud enough to be heard over the chatter of the bar.

15. - Top - End - #15

DrowGuy

Bregg can only be happy for the free drink from the dwarf, but when he heard the shout from the half-orc, he put one hand on the hilt of his waraxe as he watched intently what was going to happen next.

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

"Sure I will start a tab cutie" he said happily, nodding and smiling at the sailors. Then when he heard the barbaric snorts and huffs of the half-orc he stopped turning towards the noise,
    "You shouldn't be starting trouble where there isn't any, dwarf.
    he drew his Thundering Hammer and held it in his strong hands "Really vermin! Really! You are the trouble with the world you vermin!" he yelled!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I'm not getting paid for dwarf beards this month, so take your empty threats elsewhere." Khor replied. He pulled a gold coin out of his purse and laid it on the table. "I think my time in this establishment is done. Unlikely you'll receive my patronage again."

The half-orc stood up and grabbed his polearm, the blade of which was safely kept beneath an oiled leather cover. Anyone looking at Khor could tell he kept his equipment in pristine condition, not a speck of rust or grime touched his armor or weapon. He left Mighty Fist's Rest without another word.

Once outside, he pulled out a small notebook and pen.

Lunch expenses, 1 GP. Overpaid.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The quiet man in the back corner starts becoming more visibly nervous, and glances out the window all the more.

The sailors start quietly chanting "fight, fight ,fight."

Haley "Now, now everyone keep your cool, or Mighty Fist will throw you'se all out flat on your backs. Take it out there if you must! And pay your tab first good dwarf! 25cp on the spot if you keep causing the trouble.
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    "I'm not getting paid for dwarf beards this month, so take your empty threats elsewhere." Khor replied. He pulled a gold coin out of his purse and laid it on the table. "I think my time in this establishment is done. Unlikely you'll receive my patronage again."

The half-orc stood up and grabbed his polearm, the blade of which was safely kept beneath an oiled leather cover. Anyone looking at Khor could tell he kept his equipment in pristine condition, not a speck of rust or grime touched his armor or weapon. He left Mighty Fist's Rest without another word.

Once outside, he pulled out a small notebook and pen.

Lunch expenses, 1 GP. Overpaid.

As Khor leave the tavern two more sailors dressed similar to the ones inside approach him, "You see two blowhards dressed like us in there?"
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Khor leave the tavern two more sailors dressed similar to the ones inside approach him, "You see two blowhards dressed like us in there?"
    "Aye." Khor said. "They're in there with a fool of a dwarf talking about how orcs and half-orcs are ruining this country, or some other bupkiss."

21. - Top - End - #21

AssassinGuy

Lays down 25 CP not worrying

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The sailor with a couple stripes on his stripes on his sleeve replies, "Well thier late for work, and if their drinking we could use a strong hand."
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The sailor with a couple stripes on his stripes on his sleeve replies, "Well thier late for work, and if their drinking we could use a strong hand."
    "What's the pay?" It was really the only question that mattered.

24. - Top - End - #24

AssassinGuy

Berjic lifts his drink from the table ale sloshing around frothing, he takes a massive drink the ale going down coolly. Half-orcs, what freaks! he thinks. "Bottoms up y'all!" he yells his drink begin emptied soon afterwards. He drops three GP on the table as a tip he gets out of his seat and walks out the door.

Expenses in total: 3 GP 25 CP

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    "What's the pay?" It was really the only question that mattered.
    The corporal replies, "A couple gold pieces, just to get them out here on street, hopefully they will be more motivated once their out here."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsandrexz View Post
    Berjic lifts his drink from the table ale sloshing around frothing, he takes a massive drink the ale going down coolly. Half-orcs, what freaks! he thinks. "Bottoms up y'all!" he yells his drink begin emptied soon afterwards. He drops three GP on the table as a tip he gets out of his seat and walks out the door.
    Not wanting all the fun to end, one of the drunk sailors shouts, "Where yah going dwarf? You going to just ignore that orc? We'd back you up!" To prove he means it, he pulls out his crossbow and pretends to aim it at the monk, being drunk his arm is waving around a bit wildly.
    Last edited by rafet; 2015-04-07 at 07:20 PM.
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    OOC; IC

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Khor nods in acknowledgement and goes back inside Mighty Fist's Rest. He walks up to the sailors.

"You two are wanted outside." He says.

27. - Top - End - #27

AssassinGuy

He laughs, these saliors sure seemed like worthy fighters, "Okay lads" he says. He jumps onto one side of a table flipping it so that the front provides cover. He then jumps behind it war hammer drawn. Good and drinks on that table splatter every where.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Move action: Jump behind near by table.
    Minor action: Draw war hammer.
    Standard action: Over turn near by table.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gord stands up from the stool. To be honest, he doesn't look like a intimidating figure for a half-orc. Barely standing 5' 8", and looking somewhat young, his hair is cut into a braided mohawk. Annoyed with the sailors and the dwarf, and confident with his ability, he goes over and stands calmly next to Khor, giving him a nod of approval. To the patron's surprise, he has no weapon, but clenches his fists menacingly.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Surrounded by idiots and blowhards, Khor sees an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

"If you're done acting the fool, we should take this outside. I won't stand for seeing you wreck another man's establishment simply because you're too drunk and stupid to know better." He says.

30. - Top - End - #30

DrowGuy

Bregg releases the grip on his waraxe and shakes his head.
    Fools he mumbled.
    This was not his fight to take, as long as they took it outside, all was fine to him.