New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ5 GMR 12: Imperialism, ho!

Some of you may be wondering where's the spectator war update.

The truth is, I forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Inca
    Show
    We have a small group of highly skilled warriors headed to the battlefront but our scouting reports indicate your military currently holds its own. If you have need of more troops we will continue towards your lands but if not they will return to the Mayan homeland or stay between our lands ready for trouble in either one.

3. - Top - End - #363

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

So the war is going less then well.

But we have reinforcements.

They may take some time.

Jamestown's guards protect the villagers.

As some of our reinforcements move.

St.George's guards wait as well.

As does those watching over the savages.

Roanoke island is somewhat worried about what robo-William will do.

One Caravel hunts for prey.

Meanwhile our ground forces fall back to re-group.

Our naval ships wait for the Incas to enter firing range.

And we have trade relations with China!

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #364

With the completion of blueprints for seaworthy vessels suitable for naval combat, the time has come to drive the taint of Protestantism from the New World. Her Highness, Queen Catherine of Portugal, has thus declared war on the colonies of the English and the Dutch, and advises the people of France to stay out of the way.

Spoiler: Spectators: Turn 104 update—46 turns remaining
    Show
    Southern front: the Incan city of Tiwanaku, recently occupied by England. I don't expect my forces to hold out against the English here, but if they can act as reinforcements for the Incans and harass the English, that will be good enough.
    Off the shores of Porto Seguro: four Ships of the Line against one English nau, two Dutch privateers, and two Dutch frigates. I went with damaging multiple units over focusing fire; I think having more of their units damaged instead of at full strength might be the better option. I purchased a privateer of my own to reinforce this position next turn.
    Eastern front: the Dutch cities of New Amsterdam and Curacao. Due to the recent retiring of the Dutch leader, their army is probably scattered all over the place. I hope to take these two cities at least before they arrive.
    Northern front: the Dutch cities of Aruba and Sint Eustatius. This is more of a distraction, hopefully to split the Dutch army. Not pictured: a Ship of the Line moving along the west coast to attack Aruba.

5. - Top - End - #365

So many angry words right now.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Surely the English, in their magnanimity, rejoice at the opportunity to civilize someone their own size?

Spoiler: English
    Show
    Diplomatic insults aside, if you should wish to withdraw from this war to focus on the defense of your lands proper, we offer you this opportunity. Take it or not, as you please.

Spoiler: Maya
    Show
    Indeed; with Portuguese armies joining the fray, the English advance seems to have fallen apart entirely. We thank you for your readiness, though.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2016-05-11 at 02:55 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #367

OOC. The spectator war update is a little short, because Photobucket is fighting me.

Also due to Ryuho being a hypocrite, I'm going to need to be convinced to not drop.

Spoiler: Inca;The snark
    Show

We uh.... It didn't let us accept your proposal one of the quirks about EUI I guess.

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

So the ******* hypocrite steals my city states before war decing me. Crashing my economy.

I'm not sure I can actually reach them.

Also severing all my trade routes.

Adept scouting. Or blatant cheating. Really either's possible.

Also the Inca's manage to kill some of our troops.

We kill Portugal troops out of spite.

Go to Portugal's capital and sever their trade routes.

We also wait for more Incan troops in our firing ship arc.

Re-capture unit.

8. - Top - End - #368

After talking to other players and calming down, I'll stay in.

9. - Top - End - #369

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Also due to Ryuho being a hypocrite, I'm going to need to be convinced to not drop.
    [You're going to have to explain this one to me.]

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    [You're going to have to explain this one to me.]
    [You complain about being sneak attacked, and then participate in a 4v1?]

11. - Top - End - #371

[You complain about being sneak attacked, and then participate in a 4v1?]
    [Yes, because in-game I thought we reached an agreement about settling in that area, and then I got zerg rushed before reaching double-digit GPT. This situation is not at all similar; for one, you've been an aggressor in all but one conflict so far, and for another, we've all had two-thirds of the game to settle in.]

Spoiler: maybe don't read this until the game is over, but your choice
    Show
    [Also, I was going to do this regardless of any other in-game conditions; Narkis dropping out at an unfortunate time and you deciding to go to war in the south and getting Spain involved are hardly my fault. I did ask if we should stop to find a replacement for the Dutch.

Or are you saying I shouldn't do something I had been building towards just because you over-extended yourself before I could?]

12. - Top - End - #372

[I'm sorry. I disagree. What I'm interpreting you as saying, is screw anyone with a unique unit before the renaissance. They should only be allowed to conquer city states, not their neighbors. Am I mis-interpreting?

I also haven't attacked Spain. They just decided to get involved, and I'm like 90% sure gift Incans troops.]

[Another difference to me is attacking you in 13, was part of a plan however loosely it was to win. Get more land, because I don't have enough. Obviously it failed Narkis won that game.

How does attacking me, at all help you to win the game? Because from my side of the screen. I don't think you can.]

13. - Top - End - #373

[I'm sorry. I disagree. What I'm interpreting you as saying, is screw anyone with a unique unit before the renaissance. They should only be allowed to conquer city states, not their neighbors. Am I mis-interpreting?
    [Didn't we have this conversation last time? I never said it wasn't a valid strategy, but that doesn't mean I can't get frustrated about it and, yes, express that frustration.]

---

How does attacking me, at all help you to win the game? Because from my side of the screen. I don't think you can.]
    [Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.]

Spoiler
    Show
    [I've had it out for you in this game ever since you got all that bonus VP from reaching China. That's all there is to it.]

---

[Now that I've checked the threads for 14 and 15 and seen that you're apparently going to be bringing this into those games as well, I guess I'll leave, because this drama isn't productive or healthy for anyone.]

14. - Top - End - #374

I dropped so you can come back in

15. - Top - End - #375
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm debating whether to close the game entirely if it's causing so much hurt feelings. These are supposed to be good-natured romps that, while competitive, are at least fun for everyone involved. I'll stop the timer on this one for a bit to see if you want to cool off and come back.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    I'm debating whether to close the game entirely if it's causing so much hurt feelings. These are supposed to be good-natured romps that, while competitive, are at least fun for everyone involved. I'll stop the timer on this one for a bit to see if you want to cool off and come back.
    That's just going to make me feel worse.

17. - Top - End - #377

[I'm dropping out precisely because I don't want this to turn into some huge thing that possibly spills over into other games and darkens the mood on a global scale. Since this has its basis in part in my inability to control my emotions and (later) make clear the difference between in-character and out-of-character actions, I believe I should do my part to nip it in the bud by disengaging from the conflict.

I apologize for my selfishness in this matter, but I will not be returning.]

18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ugh, fine. Since the vast majority of people have left the game I'm abandoning it. Sorry everyone.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

19. - Top - End - #379

Then I'll come back if it'll keep the game up, send me an invite link.