New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Kill la Kill la Playground: Discussion/Interest Check Thread!

The basic idea is that lifefiber hybrids learn to harvest the power of their OWN inner lifefibers instead of synchronizing with a Goku uniform. Thus, whatever lifefiber clothing they use is meant to act as a limiter to their powers. When they strip, these limiters are removed.

It's not unlike fighting with weights attached to your hands and legs. For each piece of clothing you remove, you also remove a limiting set of weights, thus becoming stronger.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmmmmm but that would still involve largely wearing life fibers than to limit ones power? Not sure how that would work with my nudist beach character.
    Queen Buttercup avatar by the ever-generous Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Strippers are supposed to represent, in part, the kind of crazy hypocrisy that the anti-lifefiber movement can become (fighting fire with fire). It is entirely different from subjecting oneself to typical lifefiber usage.

Note that Strippers aren't meant to be exclusively from Nudist Beach. Their capacity is simply employed to the fullest due to that philosophy, which may or may not eventually entail fighting in one's underpants or even nothing at all. They're a better fit for that reason, too.

Come to think of it, there's no reason why Strippers couldn't wear clothes that aren't made of lifefibers but act as a restraint nonetheless... Though that would imply there's a material that can counteract lifefibers. Even the armaments from Nudist Beach and Yuuko's scissor swords were made from hardened lifefibers...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Well you make an excellent point. That definitely makes sense as to why she would wear life fibers.

Hmmmm... the non-life fiber route would require a bit more thinking.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    @Airea: Looks good, some detail about the power-sapping would be good, though! Is it similar to the Nudist Beach tricks, or?
    It's an rumored master level skill of them, but was never confirmed. There was a skirmish, fifteen years ago, where a whole troop of three star troops were taken out without explained cause. A lone witness, who died shortly after, claimed that a woman froze and slaughtered the group in seconds. They claimed it was a kind of mentalist skill. However they were mentally broken and in severely bad physical shape so the claim was officially dismissed. The rumor has been floating around ever since. All that is known is that the teen girl - who the three stars were attacking - was pale with brown hair. Many people are suspected, Victoria is just the local prospect who fits the description and age. There is no proof the rumor is real, but then, no proof it isn't.
    Save a show. Slay a Shipper.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Rumours are fine, but if there's truth to them, we as players need to know about it OOCly.

Mutual approval is how we usually do things.

It's not meant to be nitpicky, just kind of trying to lay all the cards on the table.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Sorry, new here. Still learning things. I'm told a spoiler box is used.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Victoria was orphaned as a child after her parents died in a local sweep of a local illness. She was looked after by friends who then joined the Nudest Beach and brought her with them. She became a key fighter in a short period f time. She also, working with her trainers, began to notice her skill in reading a person's internal fear and manipulating it. At the age of 14 she was pulled for a team and quickly began an impressive head toll.

However the experience took an emotional toll and she began to suffer from it. At this time her ability began to grow and she was continued to be used. Eventually, at just after her 18th birthday, she cracked. To refocus her mind, and help her heal, she was sent to scholars to study. Relieved, she excelled, and learned to use her innate skills to teach instead. She still has contacts in her old group, but even with her new assignment, has not been called.
    Save a show. Slay a Shipper.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

It's definitely not a problem, we've all been new once.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

OKAY. Apologies for the wait. In the next few days I'll try to drum up a character thread and possibly the first IC thread. Hope you guys haven't lost interest!
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't. :3
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Neither have I.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Ready to kill some kills.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Aaaand, here's our registry!

IC will take a bit longer. Any input on how we want to start? I actually have an event I think could be used to kick things off with a running start, but would love to hear ideas.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Just remind me---how long has the Academy been doing its thing?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

I vote for Zombie Lifefiber invasion of Choushinsei Gakuen.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

I could attempt a nudist beach writeup if you'd like. Not sure if it will be any good.