New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kill la Kill la Playground: Discussion/Interest Check Thread!

Hmm... not many. I would propose that it might make sense to have the Space Academy built at least partly into an asteroid or several asteroids, because 1) it leaves open possibilities of cool stuff hidden away in caverns and 2) it's just cool.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Plus, self-sufficiency on minerals!

...Hey Strawbs? It just occurred to me. What if the raw materials for Choushinsei Academy's lifefiber uniforms and/or synthetic lifefibers came from that asteroid? I mean, lifefibers are usually adrift in the cosmos for millions of years, right? It could be this one accumulated enough detritus to turn into an asteroid.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe some trace amounts? It seems to me like outside of origin life fibers, the life fibers proper die out without food after a long enough time. Of course, freezing in the vacuum of space in a meteor seems like it could get around that.

So sure, why not.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Objective 1: AWAKEN CLOTHULHU
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

^That is the most hilarious description of the Original Lifefiber I've ever read. XD

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Since we're in space, would it be unreasonable to say that most Goku uniforms/Kamuis protect the wearer against the many hazards of space?

Easier to have ridiculous space battles that way.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Eh, many Goku uniforms appear to be pretty much airtight. I don't really see why not. I guess Nonon's and Inumuta's are a bit of an exception.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's not airtight, then you just have to be cool enough to breathe in space.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Which reminds me, how the heck did Ryuuko and Ragyou chat in space?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Because they were cool enough, obviously. KLK's core tenet is that you can do anything as long as you're sufficiently rad.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

This is pretty much rule #1, yes. So let's do the rundown:

Anti-Life Fiber Movement: Well, the not-nudist beach movement. Presumably managed from Choushinsei Academy. Has advanced somewhat in life fiber research, possibly including life fiber hybrids (?). At the very least, has created new Goku uniforms. Has had some interaction with alien species.

Nudist Beach: Still active! Not much outside of this, other than that they have a no-tolerance policy for life fibers compared to the other anti-life fiber movement.

On life fiber activity on earth, I actually have a strong idea for an antagonist. Who will have infiltrated a fairly major power (currently thinking the US, or to avoid the whole real-world politics thing, some standin for it).
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

I'm lazy, so instead of writing this anew, I'm gonna copypaste part of a conversation I had with Strawbs about a new KlK concept.

SerialPeacemaker: ...Something else comes to mind.
    SerialPeacemaker: I had this crazy idea a while ago, while considering lifefibers and KlK
    SerialPeacemaker: And listening to Suck your Blood, obviously
    the.strawberryman: If you say vampires I'm going to kick you in the gut through the internet
    SerialPeacemaker: About a kind of story centered around battles where you get stronger the more naked you are.
    SerialPeacemaker: Basically, the idea is that people could literally empower themselves through the domination of feeling of 'shame' one would normally feel from being naked.
    SerialPeacemaker: Which goes back to the initial relationship Ryuuko and Satsuki had with their Kamui
    SerialPeacemaker: Where they couldn't release their full power because they were too embarassed.
    the.strawberryman: Wasn't that just Ryuuko
    SerialPeacemaker: Nope, it applied to Satsuki too, though she didn't realize it until Ryuuko first overcame her shame
    the.strawberryman: Ah
    SerialPeacemaker: The difference was Satsuki was a total monster to begin with, Kamui or no.
    SerialPeacemaker: Anyway.
    SerialPeacemaker: I had this thought about where synthetic lifefiber research and half-lifefiber research could intersect
    SerialPeacemaker: Wherein the same logic of "being more naked equals more power" applies.
    SerialPeacemaker: Except that instead of drawing power from lifefiber uniforms
    SerialPeacemaker: These hybrids would learn to draw power from their OWN lifefibers
    SerialPeacemaker: With the uniforms acting as a limiter.
    SerialPeacemaker: We could call these unique fighters something nice and catchy, like...
    SerialPeacemaker: ...Strippers.
    SerialPeacemaker: They could also provide an edge for Nudist Beach, whose whole shtick is "we are more human cuz we're naked".
    (...)
    SerialPeacemaker: As a limitation
    SerialPeacemaker: We could make it so Strippers can't use Kamui
    SerialPeacemaker: Because Kamui are about synchronization and ****
    Discuss.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Both hilarious and interesting; I think it is a line of thought we should follow up.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Naturally, it has my vote. This could help flesh out Nudist beach, while not necessarily fully aligning them to that faction.

And now, this, since I mentioned it. And we haven't done much to expand on antagonists!

The Weaver, also known as Samuel Riese, President of the Northwest Union (NWU)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Species: ???
    Height: Variable.
    Weight: Variable.
    Affiliation: Life fibers.
    Home Planet: Unknown.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Samuel Riese is a tan-skinned man with short black hair and blue eyes, almost shockingly nondescript and usually of fairly reserved expression. He is often dressed in tailored black, gray, or navy blue business suits appropriate to his station.

However, this is a facade, for he is simply a persona of the Weaver. A former alien species, it has been saturated with life fibers to the point where its genetic structure is malleable. As such, its appearance can change in a matter of seconds, even going so far as to make its blood and other genetic material completely different.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Samuel Riese is calm, quiet, and often has a thoughtful response to crises or political issues. Overall, his reception is fairly positive.

The Weaver, on the other hand, is one of the Life Fiber's many heralds sent to a planet to spread life fiber influence, and when news spread of Earth's defiance, they of course sent one of their best. It is a calculating creature, and its ability to appear as anyone makes it quite dangerous.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Samuel Riese was a fairly normal citizen of the NWU, going to a prodigious law school, and getting into politics in his 30s, before eventually running for presidential candidacy and winning in a tight race. Little does anybody know that he was actually both candidates. After his first few years of service - though it is hard to connect to him - life fiber exalting "cults" began to rise in popularity in the NWU, and the union began their own supposed synthetic life fiber research, when up to this point it was mostly the domain of japan and other eastern countries.

Very little is known about the Weaver, and his existence is often written off as a ghost story for Anti-Life fiber forces in the greater cosmos.

Spoiler: Capabilities and Inventory
    Show
    Malleable Form: By stimulating its life fibers, the Weaver can modify its form in a virtually unlimited number of ways. Not just disguise, but offensively as well.

Cloth Cutout: The Weaver can create clones by removing small, easily-regenerated scraps of his life fibers, which then expand into fully functional copies. However, they are considerably weakened.

Life Fiber Strength: Naturally, the Weaver retains the phenomenal physical strength and regenerative abilities of full life fiber hybrids.

Life Fiber Weaving: The Weaver wouldn't be much of a weaver without tailoring expertise.

Naturally took a good bit of inspiration from Nui, but with a more central role. Perhaps it's a little boring to just give it away before we've even started, but I don't think so! There's still room for plenty of intrigue in play!
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-04-20 at 08:22 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

I'd like to point out that knowing the identity of your enemy but not having the means to expose him is a time-honored plot hook in any good intrigue.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Rough draft for my character:

Jordan Jazz: Teacher, Tailor, and Faculty Sponsor of the Choushinsei Sewing Club
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Dr. Jordan J. Jazz
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 145 lbs.
    Affiliation: Academy (?)

Show
    Dr. Jazz is a tall, skinny man of vague and undefined build. He has slicked-back greasy black hair, a sharp, angular nose, and seems to always have a knowing smile. He's usually perpetually cool, confident with a knowing smile, or at least he tries to be. He can smooth talk his way out of most situations, to the point where he can convince opposing factions that he's really on their side. He always wears a black and white pinstripe suit, except in rare circumstances when he wears a pinstriped variation of whatever's appropriate.

Show
    Born Francis Von Vunderschnitzel (a name he was quick to change), he spent most of his life moving from Nudist Beach camp to camp fighting Life Fiber cults and creatures. During one fateful encounter, Francis was the last one alive facing two foes equipped with Kamuis: a black tuxedo named Ebony and a white tuxedo named Ivory. He only barely managed to defeat his opponents, but in the process the two Kamuis bonded to Jordan instead.

Jordan would have been left for dead, but the Kamuis gradually mended his body. In the process the two Kamuis bonded directly to his heart. Now their lives were interconnected and Jordan gained a new perspective on Life Fibers.

He resurfaced several years later under the alias of Jordan J. Jazz and became a prominent figure in several organizations, advising on Life Fibers and their various applications. Now he's managed to worm his way in as a teacher at Choushinsei Academy and is the faculty sponsor of the Sewing Club. He custom designs Goku Uniforms and oversees the students who use them, monitoring the students' development and upgrading the Uniforms for students who display aptitude and are least likely to be overwhelmed by the Life Fibers.

Knowing that the Life Fibers seek to consume other races and Anti-Life Fiber factions seek to destroy their influence permanently, Dr. Jazz's ultimate goal is to create more true symbiotes like himself. The more people like him there are, the less likely he and others like him will be exterminated as abominations.

Spoiler: Inventory
    Show
    Smooth Talker: Dr. Jazz's first solution to a conflict is to talk his way out. He'll keep his talents and the capabilities of his Kamui secret as long as possible, but if they're revealed, he'll have a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Life Fiber Weaving: Dr. Jazz is proficient in the use, maintenance, creation, and customization of Life Fibers.

Kamui - Ebony and Ivory: Jazz's twin Kamuis combined into one, taking the form of a Pinstripe suit. It has limited shapeshifting capabilities to where it can transform into a different type of clothing, such as a bodysuit, pajamas, or even a pair of boxers, but it will always have the same pinstripe suit.

The white stripes can peel off into a series of fully prehensile tendrils. When visible, the tendrils have extremely hard tipped barbs at the ends. They can attack individually or combine to form a variety of weapons, armors, or other utilitarian forms limited only by Jazz's imagination. They can whip around fast enough to block even a hail of bullet-speed projectiles, or even catch them and hurl them back, all without Jazz himself moving. The Kamui has its own senses and is constantly watching for attacks.

In truth, the white stripes are only the first layer of Kamui. The black layer unfolds similarly into twice as many tendrils as the white one with similar capabilities. Jazz likes to keep the different layers hidden so his enemies will underestimate him.

Healing Factor: Jazz and his Kamui share a limited healing factor. Jazz will recover life-threatening injuries over time while his Kamui uses Life Fibers to mend his body. The process is far from instantaneous and can range from hours to days depending on the injury, though he can focus the healing on one specific injury in a pinch if needed. In addition, the Kamui will slowly regenerate over a similar period of time even if it's mostly destroyed by anti-Life Fiber weaponry as long as Jazz himself is still alive. The Banshi is embedded in Jazz's heart, making it very difficult to target.

EDIT: fixed the cutoff.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2015-04-23 at 12:30 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

....I have two ideas for this.

First the one that isn't horrible:
    A race of aliens that didn't fall prey to the life fibers because they only wear metallic plate armor, they are warriors who believe that wearing anything less is weakness amongst their own kind. but could be something else like an organization, or a human culture or whatever.

now for the horrible one:
    a schoolgirl with an octopus themed goku uniform. (I'm sorry, I just had to say it.)
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Knowing that the Life Fibers seek to consume other races and Anti-Life Fiber factions seek to destroy their influence permanently, Dr. Jazz's ultimate goal is to create more true symbiotes like himself. The more people like him there are, the less likely he and others like him
    Cut off, there, DoB!

And hello! If the former is something you want to expand on, I certainly wouldn't object.

On the second bit, Beans' character application actually has a octopus-themed transformation. So there's that.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

oh. already taken. nevermind then.

but yes, there are possibilities in all-metal armor race. I'm thinking that they wear the armor not just as protection but as weights- they want to boast that they can beat you while being weighed down by the heaviest armor ever, some even wear incredibly impractical armor to prove that still kick your ass even when their armor is mostly fancy and not as effective as practical suits of armor, particularly the rulers. I'm thinking that they're probably taller and more muscular than humans to be able to be such great fighters while wearing so much armor all the time, and of course to get into space they have incorporated some high-technology into their armor...I'm thinking that their idea of diplomacy would be to send someone in golden armor that covers none of the vital areas and is like purely decorative and full of gems to demonstrate how the diplomat is not afraid of kicking your ass even though their armor is like, useless boob-plate or something.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

It's a cool concept, though it bears mentioning that without at least a LAYER of cloth in between skin and metal, one could essentially chafe to death.

Unless of course their skin is MADE of metal...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Fixed the cutoff sentence. Told you it was a rough draft.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It's a cool concept, though it bears mentioning that without at least a LAYER of cloth in between skin and metal, one could essentially chafe to death.

Unless of course their skin is MADE of metal...
    Why not? gives them a little more difference. and gives them a unique little science of their own: Bio-Metallics. perhaps their race can be called the Bioferrum or something.

other race idea I had that wouldn't fall prey to the Life Fibers is this "Skinshaper" race that instead of developing clothes somehow developed the ability to change the characteristics of their skin to survive and withstand any environment- cold climates they automatically reshape it to be incredibly furry, in the desert they shift it to be a bunch of scales in instead and so on depending on the environment, even being able to shift to have webbed hands and feet to swim better. They can't shapeshift beyond that however and have to train like everyone else- but they would be really great Stripper fighters, since they simply don't wear clothes at all. the only problem is how to handle the fact that they're nude all the time. perhaps they reproduce via mitosis or some other alien method that keeps them from having any sexual characteristics?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the whole point of Strippers is that they're lifefiber hybrids to begin with. They use lifefiber uniforms as limiters for their powers, but the source of their powers is still lifefiber-based.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. well nevermind that then.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I've acquired the most agonizingly stupid urge to give Chassis a fairly unfitting accent---namely the Black Country accent of rural England.

It'd lead to scenes where this well-dressed young lady goes "Oi thar! Yow better get these 'ere doccaments oop'n Doccer Jor'n's office quicklike lest you'm want a roight larrupin'!"

Maybe that's part of her whole plan.
    Nobody knows what the hell she's saying.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

The weird thing is, I just read a few issues of Hellblazer and that made perfect sense to me somehow.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Ridiculous accents. Love it. Another rundown!

Anti-Life Fiber Movement: Based out of Choushinsei. Current list of PC teachers: Jazz Jordan. Current list of PC students: Chassis Heather.

Nudist Beach: Has strippers, the epitome of nude power!

Life Fiber Forces: Based out of the NorthWestern Union (secretly), led by The Weaver/Samuel Riese.

Alien Species: Charcharinoids/Samebito (shark people, origin planet Kepler-22b) and presumably other manner of aquatic humanoid races, some manner of knightly race.

That about everything? I am still tweaking my Samebito space outlaw, and have a THIRD concept that can even the scales a bit as a early antagonist, but other than that, I'm just kind of letting everybody pitch in to see how things adapt.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-04-22 at 11:37 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Working on a couple of concepts myself.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

And now, this. There's an intended storyline for this character, but if you'd rather keep the element of surprise, I marked a part of her sheet in a special spoiler!

Ikari Akane, the Red Child
    Spoiler
    Show
    Species: Human!
    Height: 5'3"/160cm
    Weight: 108lbs/48.9kg
    Affiliation: Hell's Valley Yakuza clan
    Home Planet: Earth.

Show
    Akane looks like a rather typical teenage girl of japanese heritage, with fair skin, trimmed black hair that goes just past her ears, and an admirable figure. Though there is a mark of oddity about her, her eyes are an icy blue with a strange flower-like pattern of darker blue lines centered around the pupil of each eye.

She prefers light colors of clothing, and is usually clean, well-groomed, and has clothes set for many occasions, formal or casual.

Show
    Akane is remarkably sweet and naive for being a yakuza princess. She takes strides to be kind to everyone she meets, almost to the point where she bends over backwards to accommodate them, providing absolutely no resistance whatsoever. It could be easy to mistake her for having no spine, given she never seems to get angry, but...

Show
    Akane had always led a rather sheltered life. But a comfortable one nonetheless. She never wanted for any material possession, and her schooling was provided by tutors. She wasn't entirely without interaction with other children, mostly her cousins or other children of her parent's friends, but there was always something just a bit off about her...

Show
    Above-Average Intelligence: While not a genius, Akane certainly is no slouch. She was expected to test her limits often, and usually did. But she's better off for it!

Remarkable Strength: Though you'd hardly expect it, Akane has considerable strength for her frame and how gentle a girl she seems, able to lift cars, uproot trees, or break through concrete walls. What's more, she heals from damage inflicted on her quite quickly...

Martial Arts: Along with traditional tutors, Akane was also expected to learn several forms of martial arts, and has impressive proficiency in each.

Spoiler: Read at your own discretion!
    Show
    Blood-Red Berserking: The reason Akane treads so carefully around people is that under periods of great stress or anger, her blood boils far faster than any normal human's, driving her into a mindless hostile state. Little does she know this is the result of her being a life fiber hybrid, and that there is a secondary trigger; her clothes are all life-fiber imbued, and work as a seal on her berserking state. In this state, the shackles she put on her strength are fully cast aside, making her a powerful, fast, and vicious opponent.
    • Exsanguination: Blood leaks from Akane's pores and is continually replaced through her regeneration in this state, bathing her skin in a blood red hue. But she exhibits an odd control over the flow and even the blood itself when it leaves her body, creating pressurized explosions and steel-hard constructs (most commonly, her hands are coated in hardened blood formed into claws).

Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-06-02 at 09:09 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

ALRIGHT STRAWBS YOU CONVINCED ME TO WRITE UP A CHARACTER.

Akabane Hiei, the Red Rider
    Spoiler: SPOILER
    Show

Species: Human, arguably
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 270 pounds

Show
    Hiei is a tall, very fit teenager with slicked back red hair that adds a full five inches to his height, and somehow do not suffer from hat hair. He has lightly tanned skin and purple eyes. Normally, he's seen wearing a full black uniform consisting of baggy pants, knee-high boots, bandages around his abdomen, a long coat and no shirt. The long coat is embroidered with flames around the rims and a pair of red wings at the back, with a manji at the center. He's usually seen wearing a black cap and chewing on a stalk of some sort of plant.

Oh, and there's this seriously messed up set of two scars. One over his left eye, the other across his chest. He can actually see out of his left eye. He just leaves it closed because it looks cool that way.

Show
    Six out of every five adjectives I tried to write for this guy came out as hot-blooded, make of that what you will. He believes the system is genuinely fudged up. Very protective of Akane and looks up to Gendou (Akane's dad). He's the kind of guy who's really kind at his core but hides behind a tough and badass attitude.

Show
    Hiei was Akane's best and only childhood friend, thanks to how sheltered she was by her family.

One day, when they were ten, Akane ran away from home because of her loneliness. Hiei went after her. She was gone for three days before he found her - and so did enemies of her father's. To this day, scientists are unable to measure how big Hiei's balls were at the time, but he tried to fend off six adults by himself. The end result was rather predictable, especially since the adults in question have daggers.

Hiei woke up a day or so later with no recollection of what happened. Gendou had apparently saved the pair, for which Hiei was grateful - yet apologetic that he couldn't protect Akane. No one but Gendou and Hiei know what the former said to the latter that day, but it earned the boy's unwavering loyalty and trust.

Show

Extraordinary Endurance: Hiei is incredibly difficult to hurt, much less kill. He has been known to actually shrug off low-caliber bullets by flexing his muscles, and even shatter objects upon his naked skin without so much as a scratch. (Of course, skilled martial artists and swordsmen could find ways to get past this. Or if they're just plenty cool enough).

Wooden Swords Cut Better Than Real Swords: Although too undisciplined to be called a swordsman, Hiei is capable of cutting things with a wooden sword. Which somehow includes swords made of metal. He owns a sword made of 2000 years old petrified sacred oak.

Iron Heart Surge Roar of Effort: Hiei is capable of performing extraordinary physical feats that would normally be beyond him by SHOUTING REALLY LOUD AND WITH FEELING. This ability typically only works if either 1) he has tried something similar before and it blew up in his face or 2) everything seems hopeless and nobody has tried to do something incredibly stupid for the first time yet. This includes, but is not limited to shaking off mental or physical impairments, stopping things speeding WAY too fast, getting through a particularly devastating enemy attack or getting past the security system on the way to the girl's bath during a school trip to take a peek.

Custom Bike: There are probably things in his custom bike that are forbidden by the Geneva Convention. For all effects and purposes, consider that his bike is like Ghost Rider's bike meets the Batmobile meets James Bond's Aston Martin on CRACK. Among other things, it can travel through space. It has no max speed limit except for whichever he can actually handle, and the bike has lifefiber components that measure his ability to endure speeds above the generation of G-forces that would turn carbon into diamonds, or something.

Goku Uniform:
    Spoiler: WIP
    Show
    Work in progress
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-04-26 at 12:07 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show