New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: A Murder in Hawksridge

You are able to get Tor to agree that Dagon may remain armed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll wait for Naizan's response before moving on...
    Last edited by Kinthas; 2008-04-18 at 12:51 PM.
    A Murder in Hawksridge > DM, Dain (Allied NPC)
    In the Eye of the Storm > Terwilligan "Rizzo" Smith

2. - Top - End - #302
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Naizan

With a heavy sigh, Naizan relinquishes his grip and slides back down the chimney, extricating himself with the help of Dain. His silken robes, already somewhat the worse for wear, have become blackened and smeared with soot, and his previously white beard and hair are similarly filthy.

"This deal is a poor one, but it seems better than the alternatives. I doubt I can gain Brock's trust -- these scum are not the sort to listen to anything their victims have to say, reasonable or otherwise. But I will try, nonetheless. I fear our meeting with Ormand is like to go ill, but I would sooner face an unknown peril than the near certainty of an unmarked grave in the woods.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Talonus

"Do what you can. I have great faith in your powers of persuasion my diplomatic friend. I will do my best to distract Tor and the rest of the band when we break to rest tonight. Without Tor by his side feeding him words, Brock may be more... open minded."

Talonus will quickly rummage Finnias' cabin for any alcoholic beverages he can find.
    Spoiler
    Show

Search roll (1d20+2)[8]

Then turning to Dagon. "If you can get the dogs on your side, you may have a good chance once outdoors. I wouldn't count on Finnias still being around to help though. The clinging grass could let you escape if you can manage it. If you manage to escape and cannot find us, make your way back to Hawksridge and we will regroup there. Don't do anything foolish though. Good luck to you old friend, I wish we were parting under better circumstances." Talonus clasps hands with Dagon, gives him a parting hug and heads out to go with the band of bandits.

Once they start settling in for the night, Talonus will break out his instrument and start playing some soft tunes. He'll let the crowd build slowly, playing songs that he thinks will appeal to select groups of the bandits and draw them in bit by bit. He'll mix in some Prestidigitation to spice up the performance.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Fascinate on the crowd and Tor (1d20+9)[13]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, simultaneous post with Talonus. I'll edit mine to reflect the effects of his post.

Dain chimes in. "Dealing with these thieves leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but Naizan's right, it's probably better than death. Dagon, we'll be back for you in no time. Don't let these fellows push you around, they'll pay with their lives if they step out of line. If it comes to it, kill whoever you need to and make a break for it. And where did Finnias, that little rat, get to?" he finishes, rhetorically.

Dagon quietly nods his assent, a grim but determined set to his face. Dagon's word means a lot to him, and you're not sure he will take the opportunity to escape even if it arises.

Having exchanged words of advice and concern, you gather your things and spend the night with the brigands.

Brock wakes you up before dawn with a less-than-delicate nudge of his boot. The brigands break camp and are on the move shortly after sunrise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pausing to give you the opportunity to have conversations amongst yourselves (though Tor or one of the other brigands is always near enough to listen in), or with other members of the group, as desired.
    Last edited by Kinthas; 2008-04-22 at 12:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

You manage to find a couple of large jugs of the alcoholic stuff Finnias was serving you at the table earlier. You also find a letter, folded and left on the shelf in the bedroom, which is covered in coded letters and numbers, like the scrap you found in the fireplace at Chadwick's.

Spoiler
    Show
    Talonus, you can only fascinate one person at your current level. You may elect to use it on Tor, but you cannot use it on the other brigands at the same time. Let me know what you want to do.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Must've missed that part of the description. He'll do Tor (although the roll was so poor, it probably won't matter).

Failing that, he'll just try to get everyone ripping uproariously drunk.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Naizan

Naizan makes a point of cleaning himself as best he can, both before he leaves the shack, and later when the brigands are setting up camp. He keeps an eye on Brock during the course of the evening. After Talonus begins his performance, Naizan will try to get a bit of time alone with Brock, or, failing that, with Brock and Tor.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The tension around the camp dissipates slowly as everyone gets used to the idea that there won't be any fighting tonight. Talonus' soothing music and free liquor (though it is consumed within the hour) certainly help to ease frayed nerves and engender a sense of comraderie within the gathering. Only Tor and Brock seem immune to your insidious charms. Tor drinks little and listens to the music with only half an ear. He spends most of the evening chatting with the other brigands, but remains edgy and aloof. He does not sit still and listen to you play for more than a minute or two, even when you get to the best parts, though he will talk with you briefly if you make the effort. Brock drinks heavily, but refuses to exchange more than a few grunts with you or Naizan. He spends much of the evening drinking alone and scowls at you if you get near to him. Occasionally he growls at someone else. He seems to be in a bad mood, though Perhaps he's always this way. The other brigands seem slightly fearful of him.