New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscarred Press Presents: Akashic Mysteries, Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I'd recommend making it a 1/round thing. There are enough things in PF that force us to burn AoOs already, and not everyone can support a Dex high enough to make Combat Reflexes worth the feat.
    That's exactly what I did. I'll get the updated version added to the link... as soon as I can :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deadkitten View Post
    My main issue with Akashic Transformation is more of how it looks in my head, mechanically it is fine. Though the fact that the veils have to be reshaped when you want to rage cycle for some other reason is kind of annoying. Maybe have the veils last for at minimum the whole round?

It working exactly off of when your rage ends and begins kinda gives me the image of turning a fluorescent light on and off repeatedly.

But again, its not a big deal and its just my opinion of it.
    Unfortunately, that's an issue with Rage Cycling in general, not with the ability. It's certainly no weirder than a normal Barbarian growing and then retracting scales and wings, or claws and fangs, or horns and barbs over and over in less than 6 seconds, which all the totem rage powers already do. At least the veils are magical constructs and not actual physical transformations.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    That's exactly what I did. I'll get the updated version added to the link... as soon as I can :P
    ...It does kinda get rid of the need for pounce with the 1/round limit.

Hurtful (Combat)

You know how to add injury to insult.

Prerequisite(s): Str 13, Power Attack.

Benefit(s): When you successfully demoralize an opponent within your melee reach with an Intimidate check, you can make a single melee attack against that creature as a swift action. If your attack fails to damage the target, its shaken condition from being demoralized immediately ends.
    Cornugon Smash (Combat)

Prerequisites: Power Attack, Intimidate 6 ranks.

Benefit: When you damage an opponent with a Power Attack, you may make an immediate Intimidate check as a free action to attempt to demoralize your opponent.
    This would give you three attacks off of a move and a standard and swift at 7th with this combo.

I kinda have an issue with the ability only having a limit of 1/round because it basically becomes "extra attack" the class feature.
    I would be more inclined to have it cost an extra round of rage or something.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

...It does kinda get rid of the need for pounce with the 1/round limit.
    It has nothing to do with Pounce, because Fueled by Fury only works when you start your rage while adjacent to an enemy and Pounce is a rage power requiring a charge action with all the benefits and requirements that entails. The extra attack is a nice boost considering that non-archetyped barbarians can get Pounce much earlier, and the real benefit is a chance at some extra essence for your veils. Intimidate is also a mind-affecting fear effect, so there's a whole swath of creatures that the combo you posted doesn't work on, but Pounce does. If you want to build towards that combo, it's a fair reward for the investment required considering it doesn't work on swarms, vermin, oozes, constructs, undead, plants, paladins, and probably a few other things I'm not thinking of at the moment.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

It has nothing to do with Pounce, because Fueled by Fury only works when you start your rage while adjacent to an enemy and Pounce is a rage power requiring a charge action with all the benefits and requirements that entails. The extra attack is a nice boost considering that non-archetyped barbarians can get Pounce much earlier, and the real benefit is a chance at some extra essence for your veils. Intimidate is also a mind-affecting fear effect, so there's a whole swath of creatures that the combo you posted doesn't work on, but Pounce does. If you want to build towards that combo, it's a fair reward for the investment required considering it doesn't work on swarms, vermin, oozes, constructs, undead, plants, paladins, and probably a few other things I'm not thinking of at the moment.
    I think what he means is that it obviates the need for pounce because a barbarian can move adjacent to a foe, enter rage, and get up to three attacks from it via the above combo.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

I think what he means is that it obviates the need for pounce because a barbarian can move adjacent to a foe, enter rage, and get up to three attacks from it via the above combo.
    Assuming the enemy isn't one of the many immune to mind-affecting and/or fear, that you can't get more than 3 attacks in by 7th level anyways, and that you don't care about the bonuses charging grants you. I've played Hunters who can get 3+ attacks in at that level more reliably. I get the premise, I just don't really agree with the conclusion. Druids are getting 5 attacks a level earlier and don't need to rely on intimidate, summoners can drop critters capable of doing as much or more, cavaliers and paladins are getting challenge/smite spirited charges for more damage with better defenses and possibly even adding an attack from their mount (again, no unreliable skill check required), monks and brawlers are 1 level away from dropping 4+ attacks with a huge chance to crit (no Intimidate check), archers in general are firing 4+ shots a round (no skill check), etc.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    That said, as a 3rd Party Publisher writing content intended to be used by a broad audience of people who do think Paizo craps gold, I can understand Ssalarn having a strong incentive to want to avoid making properties that are explicitly better than existing stand-bys like Fiery Burst.
    Originally Posted by Sslarn
    This is a for real reality that I am always very careful to take into account.
    Originally Posted by Sslarn
    Assuming the enemy isn't one of the many immune to mind-affecting and/or fear, that you can't get more than 3 attacks in by 7th level anyways, and that you don't care about the bonuses charging grants you. I've played Hunters who can get 3+ attacks in at that level more reliably. I get the premise, I just don't really agree with the conclusion. Druids are getting 5 attacks a level earlier and don't need to rely on intimidate, summoners can drop critters capable of doing as much or more, cavaliers and paladins are getting challenge/smite spirited charges for more damage with better defenses and possibly even adding an attack from their mount (again, no unreliable skill check required), monks and brawlers are 1 level away from dropping 4+ attacks with a huge chance to crit (no Intimidate check), archers in general are firing 4+ shots a round (no skill check), etc.
    Look I get where your coming from on that I really do, I just don't think having what is effectively a free attack for the Barbarian for the effort in implementing on of the most common ways to optimize the class is a good idea (Rage Cycling). Especially since it goes against the theoretical rules of archetype design that Paizo says they go by ( it gives up a small defensive bonus for a decent DPR boost), even though we know they don't really follow that rule.

Barbarian is one of those classes that doesn't really need help doing damage, and this ability can be used as fodder for the "BARBARIANS ARE OP!!" movement that seems to plague Paizo.

My main concern is that it is effectively as written pretty much "Free attack the class feature" that gives up DR you wouldn't care about unless you were an Invulnerable Rager.

Giving Barbarians access to Armory of the Conqueror and Crimson Totem Through Akashic Transformation probably makes the Archetype well worth taking just for that ability on its own. Especially since you still retain 1/2 of your rage powers and can still take Extra Rage Power.

Fuled by Fury can simply be a DPR spike that the archetype, let alone the class itself just doesn't need.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Now that I've woken back up, doing some math on Reverberate vs Wounding vs Fiery Burst. Assuming that Reverberate doesn't need a fort save. All 3 are +2 enhancements, and you obviously need a +1 enhancement, so a minimum of a +3 weapon or 18,000gp. WBL means you can get it around 7th level, with 8th being a bit more comfortable. Let's go with 8th level.

3/4th and Full BAB classes have 2 full attacks at this level. For this, we'll choose a weapon that favors Reverberate -- High damage dice, and good crit. The Falchion, with 2d4 18-20/x2 is the best choice here, with a large crit range and 2 dice of damage for Reverberate. Things to note: We're assuming that every attack hits, and that the enemy is not immune to critical hits (As Reverberate nor Fiery burst will activate) and not immune to Bleed damage. No mythic, so players always miss on a 1. Assuming a strength score of 22 at 8th level (+9 damage) with a +1 from the +1 to +10. Average damage of a falchion is 5, so average damage total is 15.

Reverberate will do 2 extra damage on a successful crit on the following turn.
    Fiery Burst deals 3.5 Fire damage, with 1d10 on a successful crit.
    Wounding will deal 0, 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5 (etc etc).

Fiery Burst
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15 + 3.5) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15 + 3.5 + 5.5)
    0 (Miss) + 14.8 (Avg. hit) + 5.85 (Avg. Crt) = 20.65 DPR

Reverberate and Wounding are in a weird place due to how they do damage After the fact. For the ease of math, we'll just add it into their respective portions. Let's assume Wounding only deals 1 point of damage.

Reverberate
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15 + 2)
    0 + 12 + 4.8
    16.8 DPR

Wounding
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15 + 1) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15)
    0 + 12.8 + 4.5
    17.3 DPR

As you can see, even with a weapon that favors Reverberate, the enchantment comes out to be less than Fiery Burst, and even less than Wounding, which this emulation doesn't take advantage of it's stacking property.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

@AGrinningCat

I have a couple issues with the numbers on your damage sim, but I'm running really short on time right now so I'll try and address them later, but first and foremost, average damage of 2d4 is 5, not 2.

@Deadkitten

I'm still considering what I want to do with Fueled by Fury, but I still think it's actually just keeping the archetype in line with core Barbarians, given that the archetype retards the acquisition of rage power trees and trades away the potent DPR capstone for a packet of what are essentially utility abilities. If we could go ahead and set that aside for now, I promise you I'll run some additional sims and playtests on it and seriously consider whether a different type of ability wouldn't look better there.

@Everyone

Supplemental has been updated. The most current versions of the weapon properties are listed, and the Mega Ma....errr... Marksman archetype has been added. Psybomb, if you could pull the old Zen Archer and Gunslinger DPR numbers and crunch the charged shot ability of the Adaptive Gunner, I'd appreciate it.

Okay, gotta run, hosting Third-Party Thursdays down at the game store in an hour and still have two pregens to build ;P

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, gotta run, hosting Third-Party Thursdays down at the game store in an hour and still have two pregens to build ;P
    ...WHY DON'T YOU LIVE NEAR ME? I'm stuck running PFS on sundays.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

@AGrinningCat

I have a couple issues with the numbers on your damage sim, but I'm running really short on time right now so I'll try and address them later, but first and foremost, average damage of 2d4 is 5, not 2.
    Assuming a strength score of 22 at 8th level (+9 damage) with a +1 from the +1 to +10. Average damage of a falchion is 5, so average damage total is 15.
    I don't think I messed up there? Unless I'm confused on something else...

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll get the sims run in the next day or two. Any particular level points to aim for? If not, 6/12/20 are my main ones.

Telling you now that the Zen Archer is the standard for distance damage if you're keeping the cheese level below Gouda.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like the Becomer, daevic-lite with a nice visual.

Swarm Master's swarm form should grant the swarm subtype rather than template.

Really like the adaptive gunner, might end up convincing me to play a marksman sometime. Though I think Adaptive Gunner's veilweaver level should have a minimum of 1 to stop it from starting with a level of -2.

It's abit disappointing that the Caller will incompatible with the Unchained Summoner, but it's understandable when Unchained was only recently released.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati View Post
    I still find it strange that they're doing Truenaming despite Interjection doing just fine with it, though I suppose it's not as well known and the flavor is significantly different.
    Ugh... Interjection lost me once I read "The truenamer may spend an hour apologizing to the universe each morning,". I prefer tzocatl a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Oh... PFS. Harsh.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Ugh... Interjection lost me once I read "The truenamer may spend an hour apologizing to the universe each morning,". I prefer tzocatl a lot more.
    Haha, wait is this serious?

Also I'm sorry that you run PFS, Kele. That place made my skin crawl last time I went to one.
    Last edited by AGrinningCat; 2015-05-28 at 07:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Haha, wait is this serious?
    Unfortunately
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Initial numbers run, and Charged Shot stays sane as long as the Hand Cannon can't be affected by Armory of the Conqueror (rulings still vague there, though I know the RAI is a big no). If anything, it's a hair low, since most ranged combatants want to get their bonus damage as many times as possible and this guy only gets it once.

If it can be, the numbers start getting silly if you're set up just right. Still checking that, though, and it involves specific item setups.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-05-28 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately
    I, on the other hand, am the person responsible for the "Phenomenal Cosmic Power, Itty Bitty Power Pool" joke on their cover of Ultimate Ethermagic. :p They were trying to be humorous, not necessarily trying to dictate your personal flavor.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2015-05-28 at 09:18 PM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh. Right. Tzocatl is a thing that's happening. Is that being worked on currently? I was around a few months ago for the very first bits of it to be released, but haven't heard it mentioned since I got here. So either it's shelved for now, it's not in playtest, or you're all hiding it from me
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Oh. Right. Tzocatl is a thing that's happening. Is that being worked on currently? I was around a few months ago for the very first bits of it to be released, but haven't heard it mentioned since I got here. So either it's shelved for now, it's not in playtest, or you're all hiding it from me
    Iirc Fax is currently ill, so work on it has paused.

But here's a link. Though the opening post is no longer up to date. They're is also new content in the playtest such as the Knight Scholar class and archetypes for barbarians and monks and stuff.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-05-28 at 10:14 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

There seems to be some confusion about Lifescorch's damage. Isn't it 1d8 against all targets on normal hits, 1d8+2 essence burn on crits against targets with essence, and 2d8 on crits against targets without essence? People seem to be thinking that it's 2d8 against non-akashic targets even on normal hits, which it (to me) clearly isn't.
    Yeah, somehow misread it and thought the extra 1d8 was always on against foes with no essence, which means my math is wrong (2d8 is higher average than 2d6 or 5, but it's not actually 2d8 outside of a crit). So against a non-Akashic foe, it's the same average damage as Flaming Burst on a crit but does slightly more on a non-crit, but this has other effects against Veilweavers while Burst does higher damage if your crit multiplier is higher. I think I'm still fine with it.

I don't think I messed up there? Unless I'm confused on something else...
    You said Reverberate does 2 damage on the following turn, rather than the average of 5. Emphasis below.

Now that I've woken back up, doing some math on Reverberate vs Wounding vs Fiery Burst. Assuming that Reverberate doesn't need a fort save. All 3 are +2 enhancements, and you obviously need a +1 enhancement, so a minimum of a +3 weapon or 18,000gp. WBL means you can get it around 7th level, with 8th being a bit more comfortable. Let's go with 8th level.

3/4th and Full BAB classes have 2 full attacks at this level. For this, we'll choose a weapon that favors Reverberate -- High damage dice, and good crit. The Falchion, with 2d4 18-20/x2 is the best choice here, with a large crit range and 2 dice of damage for Reverberate. Things to note: We're assuming that every attack hits, and that the enemy is not immune to critical hits (As Reverberate nor Fiery burst will activate) and not immune to Bleed damage. No mythic, so players always miss on a 1. Assuming a strength score of 22 at 8th level (+9 damage) with a +1 from the +1 to +10. Average damage of a falchion is 5, so average damage total is 15.

Reverberate will do 2 extra damage on a successful crit on the following turn.
    Fiery Burst deals 3.5 Fire damage, with 1d10 on a successful crit.
    Wounding will deal 0, 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5 (etc etc).

Fiery Burst
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15 + 3.5) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15 + 3.5 + 5.5)
    0 (Miss) + 14.8 (Avg. hit) + 5.85 (Avg. Crt) = 20.65 DPR

Reverberate and Wounding are in a weird place due to how they do damage After the fact. For the ease of math, we'll just add it into their respective portions. Let's assume Wounding only deals 1 point of damage.

Reverberate
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15 + 2)
    0 + 12 + 4.8
    16.8 DPR

Wounding
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15 + 1) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15)
    0 + 12.8 + 4.5
    17.3 DPR

As you can see, even with a weapon that favors Reverberate, the enchantment comes out to be less than Fiery Burst, and even less than Wounding, which this emulation doesn't take advantage of it's stacking property.

Someone told me recently that if you take all 4 PF Bestiaries into account, cold has actually replaced fire as the most resisted element in the game. So there's that.

The goal with the new lifescorch property was to make it a viable option in campaigns where akashic foes are rare, and a good option in campaigns where they're common. I feel like it's pretty much hitting that point now, so I'm going to turn my attention to the reverberating property. On that front, do you all feel like just removing the Fortitude save portion would help, so that the property is a flat "Whenever a reverberating weapon deals a critical hit, the target suffers an amount of damage equal to the weapon’s damage die at the start of their next turn"?

I like the imagery of it and feel like it's potentially really good in a world where daevics and akashic warriors are running around with Armory of the Conqueror.
    Cold is now more resisted than fire? Learn something new every day.

Removing the fort save is the minimum Reverberating needs; I still like the idea of it just working on-hit instead of on-crit, but it does get quite powerful once you start building up size increases if you go that route. But considering the bonus damage doesn't happen until the next round, they have time to act before it happens...I'll let someone better at math crunch the numbers.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground

Isn't Reverberating a fairly powerful enhancement on a character with Expansion or Armory of the Conquerer? Unless it's base damage, which is fairly hard to define, but the flat 2d6 from Wounding compared to the 12d6 from somehow getting 2 size increases from Expansion and then another 4 from Armory of the Conquerer...

Okay, so that's a tall order, and also assuming you confirm EVERY crit somehow... it's... 30% of your hits will do 12d6 damage. It's basically increasing your crit multiplier by 1, but not scaling with Strength or the like.

I can't... honestly say I'd take it even in this situation, as I prefer to avoid flat die enhancements, and this is basically another of those.

EDIT: It is, however, really good with the PF Chainsaw! 3d6 18-20. Woo.

IDK, man.
    Last edited by Taveena; 2015-05-29 at 12:24 AM.
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    I'll get the sims run in the next day or two. Any particular level points to aim for? If not, 6/12/20 are my main ones.

Telling you now that the Zen Archer is the standard for distance damage if you're keeping the cheese level below Gouda.
    6, 12, and 20 are great, and I definitely agree about Zen Archer being the gold standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    They could have used you tonight too, it ended up going TPK by a very thin margin. I'll send you the link to my blog once I post the recap up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taveena View Post
    Isn't Reverberating a fairly powerful enhancement on a character with Expansion or Armory of the Conquerer? Unless it's base damage, which is fairly hard to define, but the flat 2d6 from Wounding compared to the 12d6 from somehow getting 2 size increases from Expansion and then another 4 from Armory of the Conquerer...

Okay, so that's a tall order, and also assuming you confirm EVERY crit somehow... it's... 30% of your hits will do 12d6 damage. It's basically increasing your crit multiplier by 1, but not scaling with Strength or the like.

I can't... honestly say I'd take it even in this situation, as I prefer to avoid flat die enhancements, and this is basically another of those.

IDK, man.
    It's based on damage die, so anything that increases your weapon's damage die increases the benefits of reverberating. It's actually an ability that scales with you, since its effects grow stronger as your damage die increases and your threat range broadens.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh. Didn't know that weapon existed. I want a chainsaw-based PrC now.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Huh. Didn't know that weapon existed. I want a chainsaw-based PrC now.
    I'd settle for a chainsaw golem.

One of my players today joked about 900ft tall chainsaw golems being acceptable to fight at level 4 earlier today. So now I kind of want to throw one in just because (and of course retcon it back out of existence after it kill everyone. I'm not mean enough to actually TPK for a joke)
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

IDK, man.
    Wounding is only 1 point of bleed. It stacks though, which can get silly if they can't make the DC 15 heal check because you're on top of them.

I must be misunderstanding how Reverberate works. Someone explain it to me like I have a negative intelligence modifier. I had originally thought 'Weapon damage die' meant how many dice of damage you roll, which a Falchion would be 2 dice.
    Now that I look at weapon damage die, a Falchion would be a d4, so 4.... Or since it's two, 8? Unless it's just 'You get the weapon damage again', then I can' see where you're getting 5 from. At that..

Reverberate
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15 + 5)
    0 + 12 + 5.25
    17.25 DPR

That's pretty in-line with Wounding, actually, barring bleed-stacking from multiple attacks.

25. - Top - End - #295

Wounding is only 1 point of bleed. It stacks though, which can get silly if they can't make the DC 15 heal check because you're on top of them.

I must be misunderstanding how Reverberate works. Someone explain it to me like I have a negative intelligence modifier. I had originally thought 'Weapon damage die' meant how many dice of damage you roll, which a Falchion would be 2 dice.
    Now that I look at weapon damage die, a Falchion would be a d4, so 4.... Or since it's two, 8? Unless it's just 'You get the weapon damage again', then I can' see where you're getting 5 from. At that..

Reverberate
    (((100-95)/100) * 0) + (((100-20)/100) * 15) + (((100-85)/100) * 15 + 15 + 5)
    0 + 12 + 5.25
    17.25 DPR

That's pretty in-line with Wounding, actually, barring bleed-stacking from multiple attacks.
    The weapon damage die of a Falchion is 2d4.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Two questions about items!
    Why is a Vizier forced to choose between an Akashic Catalyst in his hands or an Akashic Catalyst in one of their rings?
    The Blood Funnel is basically useless for all non-Wrath Daevics. Daevics with other passions have no way to improve their effective Blood bind capacity. Why is this?
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

The weapon damage die of a Falchion is 2d4.
    ^^ This. So if you have Armory of the Conqueror boosting the falchion's die by 4 sizes, Reverberate is giving you 3d6 additional damage on each crit.

Two questions about items!
    Why is a Vizier forced to choose between an Akashic Catalyst in his hands or an Akashic Catalyst in one of their rings?
    This was both an aesthetic and an intentional choice. From an aesthetic perspective, being able to wear two wraps that are individually large enough to be securely wrapped any of your chakra on one hand was silly. From a power perspective, the Vizier already has more binds and veils shaped than any other veilweaver; allowing him to double up catalysts on two of his primary offensive slots creates some problematic areas for his damage capabilities that I preferred to avoid.

The Blood Funnel is basically useless for all non-Wrath Daevics. Daevics with other passions have no way to improve their effective Blood bind capacity. Why is this?
    This actually came up earlier, and it was an oversight caused by a desire to create fun thematic items. The funnels are being tweaked to work with any melee weapon.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adamant Coils – At 7th level the Snake Charmer can spend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift
    action to set his light whip dancing and whirling in a protective cyclone. While this ability is active the
    Snake Charmer gains dodge, deflection, and natural armor bonuses to his armor class. Each of these
    bonuses is equal to ½ the amount of Essence invested in his light whip. This ability replaces the
    medium armor ability.
    There is no duration listed for this ability.

Coils of the Python- At 13th level, the Snake Charmer gains the Grab special ability on attacks made
    with his lightwhip. He may deliver spells with a range of touch to a creature grappled by this ability,
    even if the creature would not normally be within the reach of his touch attacks, and he does not
    need to make an attack roll when delivering a spell in this manner. In addition, the Snake Charmer
    gains a +1 insight bonus per point of Essence invested in his light whip on all grapple checks made
    while using this ability. This replaces the heavy armor ability.
    Might Want to add in a line saying that you can deliver a touch spell as part of maintaining the grapple.
    Maintaining a grapple is a standard action I believe and this ability does not seem to change the casting time of spells as written so I don't think it even works.

I also think that it would be good if you switched it with Dance of the Lunar Naga, losing spellstrike is a big offensive loss for the Magus and waiting until 13th level for this ability kinda hurts big time in my opinion.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

^^ This. So if you have Armory of the Conqueror boosting the falchion's die by 4 sizes, Reverberate is giving you 3d6 additional damage on each crit.
    • If the size increases by one step, look up the original damage on the chart and increase the damage by two steps. If the initial size is Small or lower (or is treated as Small or lower) or the initial damage is 1d6 or less, instead increase the damage by one step.
    If I am not mistaken its actually 6d6 for 4 size increases.
    I could be wrong though, that chart make my brain hurt.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

If I am not mistaken its actually 6d6 for 4 size increases.
    I could be wrong though, that chart make my brain hurt.
    Yeah, that chart is weird.... You're correct though, it's 6d6, because medium sized weapons go up two steps per size increase, not one.