New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Custom Class: Fate's Favored

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker on these forums for a really long time and this will be my first post! I'm currently participating in a D&D 3.5e campaign and I'm using the Complete Scoundrel luck feats, but I was really disappointed with the prestige class option. I came up with my own class--and I have approval from my DM to use it--but I wanted to see what all of you think about it. Additionally, I'd love to share it with you all!
    Here's a link to the page that I've made in Evernote: http://www.evernote.com/l/AErNaqb6Ft...9W8tCEw3bc3x0/

Edit: if you have the 3.5e fonts installed it looks pretty neat!
    Last edited by BalrogSamson; 2015-04-11 at 07:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Custom Class: Fate's Favored

For most custom-made thingies, the Homebrew Design section actually gives advice and opinions of other homebrewers.

But whatever, as for this custom class, it sure abuses Luck feats, but I feel it a bit low on spellcasting, as a 2/5 would turn away most casters; however, for skillmonkeys it kinda works because of the 6+Int, and the high number of skills (including UMD).
    Thought on anything for the Special prerequisite?
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

For most custom-made thingies, the Homebrew Design section actually gives advice and opinions of other homebrewers.
    Oh snap! I actually didn't know about that section. Is there any way the thread could possibly be moved?

In the meantime, no, I'm not sure exactly what I should possibly throw in there. I was thinking something along the lines of living or surviving a situation on luck alone but that's highly debatable what that even means.

The reason I chose 2/5 spellcasting is because of how much better it is compared to Fortune's Friend and I believe that class gives 3/5. I also figured it might be fair, with the nice abilities, to put spellcasting later in the class so there's some investiture involved.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The Winged Mod: Moved to Homebrew and merged with second thread.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2015-04-12 at 10:00 AM.