New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground [Discussion & Interest checking]

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So, is Callin going to be making Shenron, or are you going to make up your own Dragon, Caveliere?
    Well given that Shenron was around even after Kami was no longer Kami, well ya I guess I will be making Shenron.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Sheron was around because Dende specifically reactivated and modified the Dragonballs Kami made.

I kind of wonder if more than one person can contribute power to making a dragon?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-25 at 08:03 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Sheron was around because Dende specifically reactivated and modified the Dragonballs Kami made.
    When did he modify them? Also I actually like Shenron so I don't mind him being the one that is made.

4. - Top - End - #124

When Dende recreated Kami's dragonballs, he resent the limits on how often someone can be brought back from the dead and modified them to grant two wishes instead of one.

Later during the Buu saga, in the manga only, it's mentioned that the Dragon can grant three wishes now, but raising a large number of people from the dead takes two wishes worth of energy.

How strong do you think Callin would have to be to create a dragon that could grant more than one wish? Dende pulled it off when he was just a small child.

@Ing Current Kami is outside, currently.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-25 at 08:10 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

When Dende recreated Kami's dragonballs, he resent the limits on how often someone can be brought back from the dead and modified them to grant two wishes instead of one.

Later during the Buu saga, in the manga only, it's mentioned that the Dragon can grant three wishes now, but raising a large number of people from the dead takes two wishes worth of energy.

How strong do you think Callin would have to be to create a dragon that could grant more than one wish? Dende pulled it off when he was just a small child.
    it is hard to judge Dende's power level though, the wiki does not seem to be very descriptive, as it talks about video games.
    do you know Rater?

6. - Top - End - #126

I'm not even sure how to go about judging it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not even sure how to go about judging it.
    I think the minimum power level for the kami is about 400, which I think is Kami's PL at least from what Tree of Life said. Which means Callins will need to grow stronger by a lot if he wants to be Kami. If this is the minimum for being Kami, that with the title/responsibly allows for the wish. Dende in the Wiki says to be about 1,000 after his power is unlocked by Elder Guru, which may mean he can have more wishes.

8. - Top - End - #128

Then how is Callins supposed to make a set of Dragonballs, if Power level is minimum 400(Kami was Kami for decades when he made the dragonballs?)

Of course, there is the possibility that Kami intentionally or unintentionally made the balls weaker than he could of, or didn't know he could grant more than one wish. He basically made them from instinct, while Callins is making them scientifically.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Then how is Callins supposed to make a set of Dragonballs, if Power level is minimum 400(Kami was Kami for decades when he made the dragonballs?)

Of course, there is the possibility that Kami intentionally or unintentionally made the balls weaker than he could of, or didn't know he could grant more than one wish. He basically made them from instinct, while Callins is making them scientifically.
    He has made a them physically but he can't get them power or to work. thus he needs that PL 400 to even get them to work thus he made them.

10. - Top - End - #130

I still have to ask if being Kami is a prerequisite for creating the Dragonballs?

After all, Namek doesn't have a Kami.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

I still have to ask if being Kami is a prerequisite for creating the Dragonballs?

After all, Namek doesn't have a Kami.
    By they have a similar parallel Elder Guru.

12. - Top - End - #132

Who is not Namek's Kami and doen'st have the duties of a Kami-if anything the Grand Elder rules Namek, as opposed to guarding over it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Who is not Namek's Kami and doen'st have the duties of a Kami-if anything the Grand Elder rules Namek, as opposed to guarding over it.
    I did not call him Kami I called him a similar parallel to Kami.

14. - Top - End - #134

But that's the point, being the planets Kami doesn't seem to be a prerequisite.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

But that's the point, being the planets Kami doesn't seem to be a prerequisite.
    Maybe it doesn't but Callind can believe it is.

16. - Top - End - #136

Perhaps Callins needs more Ki before the balls will catalyze?

Are they the size of earth's balls or the size of Namek's balls?

That might be a factor in how much energy it takes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

they are the size of the Earth balls, otherwise they would be spread out across the room rather then in a large bowl. and that is what i am alluding to is Callins need a greater power.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any rule that says one has to be the grand elder or Kami in order to create the dragonballs?
    Making the Dragon Balls has nothing at all to do with being a Kami - that's a false lead Callin is following. Instead, making Dragon Balls is a secret technique of the Namekians.

Our Kami would have an idea what Callin needs to make his Balls work - just don't know when he'll get a chance to tell that to him. When I said "once every other day" is an acceptable posting rate, I was sorta implying that's how often I can post. And then you just had to go and explode the thread, damn it. I didn't post yesterday because I didn't manage to read to the end before running out of time.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry Rater, Ing and I are pretty rabid when i can come to posting, so to it seems with Lord Raziere.

20. - Top - End - #140

You see that MLP banner in Cavelier's sig? That's a link to an RPg that the three of us are in.

It's a little over a year old, and has 10 going on 11 IC threads and 8 OOC threads.

And several pieces of art.

and a fanfiction based on it.

And a Tvtropes page.

Edit:Did Callins actually carve out a dragon statue?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-26 at 01:26 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

I'm interested in joining this game as a character of the alien Three-Eyed-Clan/Triclops race that came to Earth and ended up as Tien's ancestors. There's almost no information given on them other than "they have three eyes" and "Tien's a decendent of them" so I'll be making up almost everything about them. Here's what I've got so far:

Spoiler: On The Three-Eyed-Clan
    Show

Spoiler: Homeworld
    Show
    The homeworld of the Three-Eyed-Clan is completely covered in extremely dense jungle that is just teeming with life. The planet is smaller and thus has weaker gravity than Earth, causing atmospheric gases to escape the planet at a far greater rate than on Earth. What this essentially means is that air becomes thinner with altitude way faster and so plant life is essential to the survival of all creatures on the planet. Mass deforesting would likely doom the all planet's inhabitants to suffocation. The planet lacks moons and orbits a star similar to the Sun.

Spoiler: Biology
    Show
    Members of the Three-Eyed-Clan appear humanoid in most respects, have a similar (but slightly wider) range of power levels when compared with humans and have a similar range of skin and hair colours. However, there are a number of obvious places in which the Three-Eyed-Clan differ from humans.

First, obviously, is the fact that every member of the race has a third eye in the centre of their forehead. Having three eyes means that the people of the Three-Eyed-Clan all have excellent eyesight. On their homeworld, the Three-Eyed-Clan originally evolved from their environment's apex predator so having powerful, forward-facing and focused eyesight was a useful adaptation.

Members of the Three-Eyed-Clan also possess teeth that end in points, again owing to their race's origin as an apex predator. Three-Eyed-Clanspeople are also carnivorous rather than omnivorous.

The other most obvious difference between humans and Three-Eyed-Clanspeople are the arms. The People of the Three-Eyed-Clan have a second pair of arms on their backs, each arm coming out around the shoulder blade area. These originally filled a similar role as our monkey's prehensile tails and hand-feet things, an aid for climbing through the trees. People of the Three-Eyed-Clan don't have dominant hands, each of the four are equally strong and co-ordinated.
    (Note: Yeah, this is basically Tien's Four Witches Technique but natural. The Four Witches technique was mentioned as being only useable by Tien due to his unique physical composition. Here's how I interpreted it here, the Three-Eyed-Clan naturally have 4 arms but as their bloodline mingled with humans, the hybrids started being born with just 2 arms, so the Four Witches Technique was invented to use ki to temporarily strengthen the Three-Eyed blood and allow a hybrid user to grow the extra two arms.)

Spoiler: Culture
    Show
    Back on the homeworld, the Three-Eyed-Clan lived in scattered nomadic groups, who would regularly travel to avoid over-hunting in any area. These groups are generally small and keep to themselves but with one key exception: Martial Arts.

Since there's rarely more than one or two martial artists in a single group at a time, Three-Eyed Martial Artists generally hop from one group to another, learning from each and training with any fellow martial artists they can find. Since they travel from group to group, almost all work as diplomats and representatives for their original group on the side. The Martial Arts of the Three-Eyed-Clan developed along very different lines to human martial arts. Because of the extra two arms making them rather top-heavy, Three-Eyed martial arts focus more on punches and grapples, containing very few kicking techniques. Also, instead of ki blast techniques, the Three-Eyed-Clan developed a far more comprehensive range of ki-based hand-to-hand attacks (e.g. moves like the Dragon Fist, ki blades and Nappa's Arm Break). Finally, the Three-Eyed-Clan never bothered to invent flight, since you can't really go that high up anyway.

Three-Eyed-Clan culture has been mostly destroyed now however, as the Three-Eyed homeworld was one of the expanding Arcosian empire's early conquests. The Arcosians used their ability to survive without air to their advantage by hovering high enough that the air was to thin to breathe for the Three-Eyed-Clan then shot ki blasts down until any and all resistance was gone. Millions perished and survivors were enslaved or taken prisoner.

In regards to the whole pun-naming thing, I think I'm going to go with eye and vision puns for the Three-Eyed-Clan.

My Character, Iris
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'1
    Weight: 83 kg
    Species: Three-Eyed-Clan/Triclops
    Station: Escaped Slave

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iris is an imposing figure, being well-muscled, standing relatively tall and seeming much bulkier due to her two extra arms. Her straight black hair is cut a little shorter than shoulder length and parted in the middle framing a trio of eyes. All her smiles look kinda menacing whether she wants them to or not, because of her sharp teeth.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iris has a bold independent spirit and a natural curiosity that generally drives her to travel and explore as well as try to meet and learn from new people. She'd rather learn from a person than read from a book, she'd rather take action than talk, but this attitude can cause her to be overly reckless in most situations. She's a woman of action before anything else.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iris was one of many travelling martial artists back on the Three-Eyed homeworld, and had just begun training with other groups and learning the subtlies of diplomacy on the side. This didn't last long however, as the brutal Arcosian conquest of her people meant that she saw a number of friends die and was taken prisoner by the Arcosians, who enslaved her. However, she and some of her fellow slaves managed to escape the Arcosians by stealing some of their space pods. Problem was, none of them knew how to operate them so their pods all shot off into different directions, with Iris landing alone on some backwater world called Earth or something.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crash landed on Earth and was picked up by the android duo. Antagonised the Arcosian brothers because, yknow "Arcosians killed my race! RAR!".
    Spent an afternoon learning the basics of flight and ki blasts from android 23. She's not super confident with flight and her ki blast kinda suck, but she can do them now at least.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Power Level: 190
    Three-Eyed-Clan Martial Arts: Devastating in hand-to-hand, the martial styles of the Three-Eyed-Clan are formidable due to the speed at which their four arms can rain down blows and the refined ki-enhanced hand-to-hand techniques. However, the Three-Eyed-Clan did not learn to fly or use ki blasts and thus, Iris doesn't know how to fly or use ki blasts.

Omnidexterity: Three-Eyed-Clanspeople lack dominant hands, all four arms are equally as strong and co-ordinated as a human's dominant hand.

Enhanced Eyesight: Iris has a third eye. It isn't for decoration.

Teeth: They are sharp and her jaw's strong enough to use them effectively. Iris prefers not to bite in a fight though.

Quad Crusher: A bearhug can be an intimidating move as well as highly effective. Even more so when you double its crushing power with a second pair of arms.

X-Impact: Iris draws her arms back and out, winding up for an attack with the arms spread to make an X. She charges up all four fists with ki then strikes simultaneously with all four converging into a singular four-fisted strike at the opponents centre of mass. Slow, but very powerful.

Xeno-Break: Iris takes hold of both arms of an opponent with her back pair and performs a quick flurry of ki-charged strikes on defenceless opponent with the normal pair. A move invented by Iris herself after encountering acrosians and realizing most people only have two arms.

Balance: Iris is used to lower gravity. The difference isn't enough to slow her down but she finds herself thrown off by the extra weight.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently has a broken arm.

Updated sheet:
    Iris
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'1
    Weight: 83 kg
    Species: Triclops
    Station: Escaped Slave

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fairly tall, broad shouldered and very visibly muscular, Iris is a particularly imposing figure. She'd be described as bulky rather than athletic and only appears bulkier due to the extra set of arms coming our of her back. Adding to her imposing image are her hard eyes (all three of them) and a mouth full of razor sharp fangs.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iris is a warrior, first and foremost. She dislikes excessive talk and is quick to commit to a course of action. She rarely thinks her actions all the way through, prefering to act on her first instinct 90% of the time. In fact, she puts little stock in words in general, ignoring threats, bragging and insults until the speaker puts their money where their mouth is. This applies both ways, however, so she's prone to shrugging off comforting words and encouragement.

Iris particularly values loyalty in people, and is a very loyal person herself. If she tells a friend she'll do something, she'll do it or die trying most of the time. However, this extreme loyalty makes her trust difficult to earn, as she is aware she must be careful, lest someone try to take advantage of her loyal nature. And her disdain for words makes earning her trust even harder on top of that, seeing as though you can't really convince Iris you're to be trusted without some sort of action or gesture.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iris was one of many travelling martial artists back on the Three-Eyed homeworld, and had just begun training with other groups and learning the subtlies of diplomacy on the side. This didn't last long however, as the brutal Arcosian conquest of her people meant that she saw almost all her friends and family die and was taken prisoner by the Arcosians, who enslaved her. After about 6-7 mouths of slavery however, she and some of her fellow slaves rebelled against their masters. Only problem was, they were severely outclassed. What was left of the Triclops population was decimated and Iris was the one slave to actually escape. Problem was, she escaped in a space pod. Which she had no idea how to operate. She crashed on Earth and befriended the Rebel Alliance.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crash landed on Earth and was picked up by the android duo. Antagonised the Arcosian brothers because, yknow "Arcosians killed my race! RAR!".
    Was particularly pissed off by Kami enslaving a village and tried to murderize him with some help from the crew of the Shenron.
    Checked out a Aztec-expy civilization, met Luxana and the snakes, helped find the dragonball there.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Power Level: 39,000. Can consciously suppress it down to 5 if she presses herself, but in casual settings, it reads as about 30,000.
    Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Triclops Martial Arts: Iris practices a style of Triclops martial arts that resembles an cross of boxing and wrestling, making little use of leg based attacks and no usage of ranged attacks like ki blasts. However, by specialising, Iris has achieved an extremely high level of proficiency in her chosen field: in a straight-up melee slugfest, she outclasses everyone in the Alliance and is capable of going toe-to-toe with enemies significantly more powerful than herself as long as she can get close and stay there. At range, she's utterly useless.

Ki Infusion: All trained fighters unconsciously channel their ki to augment their physical faculties, but Iris takes it far further, forming a central part of her fighting style. Iris is able to channel extra ki into her body, augmenting and enhancing it. She can make her body durable enough to turn aside swords, make her fists hard as diamonds or make her punches explode on impact.

Expert Boxer: Iris hits like a train. Like ten trains. And with an extra pair of arms, her versatility is formidable: She can go fully on the offensive and overwhelm opponents with an unblockablely fast barrage of punches, attack and defend at the same time and execute unexpected combos from novel angles. Adding ki-infused punches into this mix makes her even deadlier in close combat.

Expert Wrestler: The other half of Iris' boxing/wresting fighting style. With extra arms to grab and hold an opponent with, Iris is dangerous if she gets a solid grip on you. She is adept in a variety of holds, grabs and slams and is able to use her extra arms to create grappling attacks unseen by any two-armed creature. She can crush bone with the added power behind a four-armed bear hug, disable enemies by mixing and combining holds familiar to two-armed races, and put extra muscle behind slams. While these abilities can often be devastating, they are relatively slow and easy to avoid, usually forcing Iris to soften up her enemy with her boxing techniques.

Ki blasts: Iris is utter rubbish at these. She can fire normal, low powered blasts and with passable speed, but nothing more complicated than that. No advanced wave techniques, no controlling blasts after firing, nothing. Iris is almost exclusively a melee fighter.

Flight: Iris is relatively new to flight and her martial arts style was developed in an environment where no one else could fly at all. Thus, while Iris is capable of satisfactory speed in the air, her manoeuvrability is limited and she is unused to reacting to attacks in three dimensions. An attack from above or below is very likely to slip through her guard, and failing that, is certain to knock her off-balance.

Spoiler: Natural Abilities
    Show

Omnidexterity: Triclops' lack dominant hands; all four hands are as dexterous as a human's preferred hand.
    Superior Eyesight: Triclops' possess impressive eyesight. They can see much further and clearer than other species. Well developed eye structure and specialised brains allow Triclops' to look in multiple directions without needing more time to process the added information. Finally, an extra eye means that Triclops have better depth perception than any two-eyed race.
    Teeth: As apex predators and obligate carnivores, Triclops' possess a mouth full of razor-sharp fangs and have a powerful jaw to back it up. While their bite is deadly and jaws strong enough to crush bone, these natural weapons are almost never used in combat.
    Powerful Immune System: Triclops' are blessed with incredible immune systems. They are completely immune to many diseases and most poisons have little to no effect.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Illiterate and has zero knowledge of science.
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2015-09-13 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Updated Sheet

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

The backstory for the triclops is acceptable. I added Iris to the roster. Maybe she could tag together with Razade's character, so you two have something to do before ruining someone's party?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

i think i just realized, apart that Callins is missing because I missed it as well. The actual dragon needing to be alive. Like how Kami brought back Shenron during the King Piccolo Arc. I forgot that and Callins never say a State or similar thing on Namek so he does not know either.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Bingo.

That's what I think Kami would've said: you need an actual dragon for the balls to work. In canon, Popo made it, and Kami breathed life to it. Our Kami (Yama) would'vr adviced Callin to go hunting for one.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "The hell is a hephil? Must be some weird alien hell. As for making a dragon how're we....wait..."
    She looks back at Kami's staff.
    "Thats dragonbone, right? Which means it has dragon DNA in it right? and we have like, three aliens from advanced civilizations here, right? If we can find say, another staff for you, would you give us that one to maybe try and make a clone dragon from it? Or at least, allow us to borrow it?"
    I don't think the Power Pole is made of dragonbone.

Presumably Yama claiming to have gotten it from a dragon is a reference to Journey to the West, upon which the first story arc of Dragonball is loosely based.

Sun Wukong(Or Son Goku if you prefer the japanese to the original chinese)'s staff, which changes size and shape at his command, was obtained when he barged into the palace of a dragon king, who lived in the bottom of either a river or the ocean depending on which version of the tale you read, and demanding a weapon worthy of himself.

I'm actually seeing a lot of Wukong in Yama... Like, everything from Wukong that didn't go into Goku.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Someone's been paying attention in the mythology class.

27. - Top - End - #147

I tried to read Journey to the west once.

It got too long and tedious to finish though, so I stopped.

Think I'm going to have to try again once school lets out.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah well, she doesn't know that. He only said that he got from it a dragon, not that he didn't kill one for it- after all, he outright said he ATE a dragon, so it was reasonable to assume from her position that he killed the dragon, ate the meat then used his bones to make a staff, for all she knows, dragon bones are red, they're mystical creatures with the power to grant wishes if put into seven orange glasslike balls, it wouldn't surprise her.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

29. - Top - End - #149

Ieez is going to be so pissed if that blot of lightening hits the wall he just finished fixing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Figured we needed some conflict going on here. Guess that's open call for minions too. A good DBZ Villain needs minions.