New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Comunty world building for a beta test of a new system

I am helping a friend who has been developing a game system for around 2 years and he expects that by mid-late summer he will finish the hardest third of the game (which is a select mode of the game which can be played on its own). I don't want to draw much attention to this, get anyones hopes up yet, or share info without an OK from my friend who made it, but I will try to beta test this game in the late summer or early fall. I am just too excited to wait, so the first step I can take is to make a world for the game with the community.
    This is not the place to talk about the games mechanics so if your interested or if you want to reserve a spot as a beta tester PM me about it.
    The stipulations for this world is there are no civilizations until the start of the game (because it's a nation building game). What we need is geography, 1-3 intelligent races, non-intelligent races, and aesthetic changes.

Spoiler: Geography
    Show
    These changes will effect the mid to late game when people can explore farther away, but players will all start in the most balanced and bountiful place in the world in regards to the main types of food gathering.
    1. How many continents? (1 vote for 4)
    2. What size, what shape, and what biomes are on the continents? (1 vote for large, circular, and humid)(1 vote for large, irregular, and varied)
    3. How many islands? (2 votes for many islands)
    4. What size, what shape, and what biomes are on the islands? (1 vote for small islands)(1 vote for small, irregular, and varied)

Spoiler: Magic
    Show
    Another portion of the world generation is starting magic, this tends to make the game slightly better for casters after they research myistical paradigms, but until then everyone is at a disadvantage with the world having rare supernatural events that can't be defended against till nations train casters. (1 vote for high magic)

Spoiler: Intelligent races
    Show
    Do we want to go the fantasy route (dwarves, elves, and men), common ancestors (humans with inhuman biological variations), or something different. This will significantly change peoples playstyles in many different ways to a slight degree. (1 vote for a fey like race)

Spoiler: Non-intelligent races
    Show
    This will determine the statistics for some types of food production and hazards which effect reproduction.
    1. What are the domesticatable animals?
    2. What are the huntable animals?
    3. What are the predatory animals?

Spoiler: Aesthetic changes
    Show
    What is different from earth appearance-wise (multiple suns or moons, green sky, or purple water for example).
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2015-05-11 at 10:14 AM.