New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Once upon a time on Earth

it takes callins the rest of the day to make it back to his home. when he arrived he collapsed on the couch. he had not felt this tired since he started his gravity training.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kami's lookout]
    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    "I've learned it's tricks." The Young Thunder Sage shouts as it dodges the bo staff, sending several more spear-like blats at the God as it seems to keep up with his speed. the previous blot explodes in the background when it reaches it's terminus as the storm clouds slowly settle over the Lookout, far above their natural limit.
    When it misses the Sage, the staff snaps back to a smaller size. At the sight of multiple spears, Kami places the staff's tip against the floor - and then it extends again, piercing the gathering clouds and taking Kami with it. The spears miss their now much narrower target, flying off the edge or exploding against the floor. "Pfft. You can say that when you're wielding it", a voice calls from above.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

The Storm

Android 23 flies through the storm. Yeah this definitely wasn't here before. Strong winds blow against her and lightning flashes to and fro as she dodges or absorbs them. Her scouter locks onto two signatures fighting in the distance, the exact numbers weren't sure yet, but the internal scouter initial estimation was two people who were fighting just around her level of power, in the direction of the Lookout. She tries to fly and fight through the storm towards it, wondering what had happened while she was gone.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Kami's lookout]

When it misses the Sage, the staff snaps back to a smaller size. At the sight of multiple spears, Kami places the staff's tip against the floor - and then it extends again, piercing the gathering clouds and taking Kami with it. The spears miss their now much narrower target, flying off the edge or exploding against the floor. "Pfft. You can say that when you're wielding it", a voice calls from above.
    "That won't be long, Father." The Young Thunder Sage screams, following along with the trajecotry of the staff as more spears rain from the dark clouds above. "Soon all you ever owned will be mine by birthright and you'll be a memory no one cares to recall!!"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

The staff snaps back to Kami's hand, the man himself remaining afloat on top of the clouds. He has to take a few leaps aside so the Sage won't tackle him as he follows. "Wait, what? Father?" The old man sounds incredulous. He squints, taking another look at the Sage instead of attacking. "Nah, you can't be that old. You do have uncanny resemblance, though." There's a hint of hesitation in Kami's voice. How long could a descendant of his live, come to think of it? Does he... did he have descendants? There's a nagging feeling like he might have forgotten something...

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

The Young Thunder Sage skids against the Lookout, flinging more tiles as he does so before coming to a full stop. "I will be one hundred and one this year, I have lived long in a world ruled by you. But no longer. If you will not fight to your fullest I will end you right here. It is up to you." the man offers, moving back to take a fighting stance. "Come at me, I will bury you after."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

The Lookout Then Korin's Tower
    Android 23 arrives and looks around, her eyes widening while musing to herself.
    "The hell happened here? The place is wrecked....the Arcosians are injured...and Old Man Kami is fighting....some guy with glowing eyes? Is he the Storm Guy? Looks like a Young Man Kami."
    She skirts around the battle for now. Ol' Kami seemed to be fighting him evenly so far, old martial arts master can take care of himself. She spotted and flew down to Korin's tower to land near the Arcosians.
    "Hey, can you give me the lowdown? Whats with Mr. Avatar Eyes up there?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-05-03 at 12:11 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kami's lookout]

Kami is distracted by his thoughts, so one tile slips past his defense and hits him on the head. He grimaces and moves out of the way, rubbing the point of impact with his left hand. "Okay, that settles it. Can't be my kid. Haven't gone wenching since I moved up the mountain", he grumbles and cracks his neck. "But whoever your old man is, he's going to owe me one for the beating you're about to receive."

Suddenly, Kami drops back on the lookout, running towards his throne room. Not very threatening, that. What is he up to?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm afraid you are." The Young Thunder Sage counters, rushing at the God though stops short when the man falls back down to the Lookout and apparently flees. He in turn lands though makes no move to give chase, instead starting to power up as his power level begins to skyrocket. The storm finally catches up to the tower, blanketing it in dark fog as rain slicks the damage tiles of the Lookout.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

When he notices the Sage isn't following him, the Kami decides to take his sweet time. He goes to one of the alcoves, and takes on mask from the wall, a blue one fit for a god of thunder. Then, he leisurely walks back out, placing the mask on his head like a hat, so his face is still visible.

"Oh, what's this? Gathering your Ki? Seems like you're not as big of a wimp as I though", Kami remarks, looking up as the rain beats his face and soaks his clothes. "But this is still not enough. Want to know why?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

The Young Thunder Sage watches the Kami return, impassive as he finally finishes powering up. "Do tell." he offers, motioning with a hand as if to further punctuate the statement.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Korin's Tower

"Hello?"
    She waved a hand in Artic's face, since Ieez was unconscious.
    "Earth to Artic. I kind of need my question answered here? Snap out of whatever "My brother is hurt" funk your in, I need to know whats going on."
    She tries to snap her fingers next to his ear.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Colossus in the Playground

At this point Ieez wakes up.

And immediately starts cursing like a space sailor.

This must be what cousin Chillin felt like when he fell off of that mechanical Sklect!
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh hey Ieez! Your up. Sorry if your a slow riser but can you tell me whats up with with Storm Guy up there? He seems kinda ticked and attacking Old Man Kami for some reason."
    She tilts her head.
    "Whats whats a Sklect? and your cousins nam- nevermind. Important immediate situation info, please."

15. - Top - End - #285

Crazy guy. Pissed at old man. Thinks old man is a god.

Lightning powers-hurts to talk.

And Sklect is the sound of one of my ribs poking my semi-vestigial gaseous exchange bladder when I try to say "Space Bull".

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #286

Artic is roused from his trance. It was a good one too, he had already brainstormed a prototype for a proper medi-capsule using local components.

Sadly, the more he thought about it now, the more he realized he probably doesn't have the decades needed to jury-rig everything together even if he DID happen to gather all the raw materials. Half of that time would be spent making the tools alone.

Right, right! I'm sorry, I was distracted.

Anyways, yeah. Ieez has it right. Crazy guy. Not a very high Ki, can't be more than 500, but we're both not at 100% and he wiped us pretty easily. Angry at Kami for some reason, he has lightning powers, extremely efficient use of Ki as well. Wasn't even able to tell if he was human or not.

I don't know what his deal is to be honest.
    He answers. I'm assuming they're still fighting now?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

"Yup. Still fighting up there. So, he just attacked you out of nowhere and you have just as much of an idea as I do why? Great."
    She leans on a pillar and looks up.
    "Well Storm Guy is dangerous and threatening us, so I'm jotting him down as an enemy. I'd like to go up and fight but....I dunno, if my archives are correct, martial artist types like Kami don't like people interfering in their fights, and he probably wouldn't accept help from a "crazy woman" like me. That and the guy is an old master type. He can fight his own battles. We only have a problem if he loses..."

18. - Top - End - #288

Ieez will be gas-clouded for a while so I think if all else fails it will be just you and me against him.

Spoiler: Ieez
    Show

He'll recognize the term "gas-clouded" to mean inoperable or out-of-commission. The term comes from Arcosian technology that was hit by particularly toxic and corrosive clouds of gas on Arcos, rendering them inoperable, the term has since became a catch-all for whenever anything is inoperable, and it's use in reference to incapacitated individuals (who sometimes would be incapacitated by the aforementioned clouds) is increasingly common.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kami's lookout]

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The Young Thunder Sage watches the Kami return, impassive as he finally finishes powering up. "Do tell." he offers, motioning with a hand as if to further punctuate the statement.
    The old man pulls the mask down on his face. "Because you're fighting me, of course." Even as the spoken words crawl through the air to reach the Sage's ears, the Kami bursts into motion, becoming a blur of red, black and blue. He's twice as fast as before and aims five blows from his staff at the Sage in rapid succession, one diagonally towards his left shoulder, the next towards his chin with the reverse end, the third at the top of his head, the fourth at his right ribs, and final one at his left shoulder again. The wind caused by Kami's movements make the clouds above wave.

20. - Top - End - #290

yeah, I'm gonna be out for a while.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

"Ok, if its just you and me Artic, then how about this strategy: since I'm more powerful, I'll go in first and distract the guy, face him head on and such. You will try to attack him from behind to get a surprise hit in."
    He may not be as powerful as her or the Storm Guy, but she bet if he could get a good hit in without the Storm Guy expecting it, it could make or break the battle for them. While keeping him safe from the brunt of Storm Guy's attacks....hopefully.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

[Kami's lookout]

The old man pulls the mask down on his face. "Because you're fighting me, of course." Even as the spoken words crawl through the air to reach the Sage's ears, the Kami bursts into motion, becoming a blur of red, black and blue. He's twice as fast as before and aims five blows from his staff at the Sage in rapid succession, one diagonally towards his left shoulder, the next towards his chin with the reverse end, the third at the top of his head, the fourth at his right ribs, and final one at his left shoulder again. The wind caused by Kami's movements make the clouds above wave.
    The Young Thunder Sage scowls, shaking his head as he returns to his fighting position. His hands blur as he intercepts the blows from the bo staff as he steps backwards, muscles bulging as he tries to push the Kami back sharply. Each blow, thunder rings out from the clouds above as the lookout shakes under his feet.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Blocking the blows from the staff with just his hands? Oooh, that's got to hurt! Not that Kami minds. The Sage manages to push the staff back, but its ability to retract absorbs the force, so Kami barely budges. He aims another flurry of blows at the Sage, aiming to keep him on the defense and wear him out.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Ok, if its just you and me Artic, then how about this strategy: since I'm more powerful, I'll go in first and distract the guy, face him head on and such. You will try to attack him from behind to get a surprise hit in."
    He may not be as powerful as her or the Storm Guy, but she bet if he could get a good hit in without the Storm Guy expecting it, it could make or break the battle for them. While keeping him safe from the brunt of Storm Guy's attacks....hopefully.
    Before we charge in, we should at least watch for a bit. Study their moves, look for an opening so we at least know what to expect and avoid getting in the way. Artic replies cautiously. Also, be aware i'm much more of a ranged attacker.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Before we charge in, we should at least watch for a bit. Study their moves, look for an opening so we at least know what to expect and avoid getting in the way. Artic replies cautiously. Also, be aware i'm much more of a ranged attacker.
    "We're only attacking if Old Man Kami fails anyways, we can get some recon in. and noted."
    She slowly flies up to the Lookout's rim and peeks her head over the edge to look at what they were doing.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Callins home
    Callins finally awakens after what felt like a few hours. He was very groggy, but he had work to do. he lay on his couch however as he moaned. His limbs were sore as he tried to lift his arms to push himself up.
    Ow!
    after a few minutes struggling to get up, he slowly walks over to his kitchen area. as he brews a pot of Tuffle coffee, it will knock you off your feet and most certainly wake you up. The fragrance of the coffee filled his home as he moved to the large monitors now. Digging out the capsule balls that was his armor, He placed them on a small table and went to work on the monitor. Soon the balls were seeming to glow as it was clear they were being worked on.
    He moved the monitor and seemed to carry it like a tablet as he walked back to the kitchen. pouring his cup of joe, he sat at the table as his screen seemed to monitor the progress of his armor's repair.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Blocking the blows from the staff with just his hands? Oooh, that's got to hurt! Not that Kami minds. The Sage manages to push the staff back, but its ability to retract absorbs the force, so Kami barely budges. He aims another flurry of blows at the Sage, aiming to keep him on the defense and wear him out.
    The Young Thunder Sage doesn't seem to budge back, his hands smoking from the blocks however. With a bright flash The Young Thunder Sage seems to weave in between the following flurry as the tiles slowly hover towards his hand as he moves back to make a space between the god and himself. With a motion the broken tiles turn to dust and reform into a bo staff of his own, the Young Thunder Sage moving in with a flurry of blows of his own.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

With his newly-made staff, the Sage appears evenly matched to the Kami. Kami has to move from his spot, side-stepping, ducking and occasionally jumping to avoid the Sage's blows. Yet, the Kami still has an advantage, as the Nyoi-bo can change its size at will, and the compliant staff is made of tougher materials than tiles of the lookout. While the Sage is avoiding all of Kami's blows for now, it's only a matter of time when his bo breaks and a strike gets through.

29. - Top - End - #299

[The Wasteland, two months ago]

A strange anomaly in space time occurs. unnoticed by any living being. Anomoly ends without changes to the timeline.

[The Wasteland, one month ago]

And other strange anomaly occurs. As before, no living witnesses, and no apparent changes to reality are made.

[The Wasteland, now]

The anomaly occurs again, and for a third time, no one living is around to see it.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-05-09 at 01:02 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #300

I think Ieez will be safe here for now. Let's go. Artic says as he flies up to the lookout, keeping a safe distance from the action.