New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Once upon a time on Earth

After a few minutes, Callins finally calls out. Alright, it should be safe for you now!

Inside, on the ground floor you see a central column in a circular room, as you enter from the Southern side. Off to the Eastern side is a table with a couple chairs that all seem installed or bolted to the floor. off to the Western wall are a few monitors. and in the Northern area is a couch and coffee table, on the coffee table in a large bowl are 7 orange balls.

So I should try and trust them, and if it fails well at least I won't have to worry about them. Though tell me, what were the Dragon balls like in your time line? I mean, I seem to be missing something. I thought to ask Kami, but if you know then I may as well ask you. Callins says as he moves over to the couch and sits down.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

She sits down on a chair.
    "Well here is the rub: By the time I was walking around, I was too late. Kami was dead and so were the Dragon Balls with him. Even if he was alive, I would've had no time to search for them. The only info I have on them are what Dr. Gero put in my memory banks which basically goes like this: gather 7 of them, summons a giant serpentine dragon named Shenron, you get one wish per year, if Kami dies, no more Dragon Balls. Thats all I know, and its all second-hand knowledge. I don't really know the particulars."
    She leans back.
    "You probably know more about how they work than me. Dr. Gero wanted us Androids to find Dragon Balls- not be able to make our own. He had...obedience problems with us. I doubt any of us got any knowledge about the Dragon Balls actually worked, just that we were supposed to gather them so that his wishes would come true."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[Coastal Town]

A small wave crashed onto the shore of the deserted beach, a woven kasa drug along with it before being pushed further up onto the shore. It was soon followed by a very drenched and very gaunt form that drug it's way up onto the sand, slim chest heaving as sea water leaked out from behind a linen wrapped face as two baleful eyes glowed beneath with white hot intensity. With a heaving gasp the form lifted itself up from the sand as it futility brushed away the fine particles with an agitated groan. The scent of wood smoke was thick in the air, grey black smoke reaching to the sky like grasping fingers. A village. In the distance thunder peeled, a sea storm brewing as the air begun to charge with electrical energy. The broad hat lifted and placed itself on the head of the figure gently as a pillar of sand rose at a mere gesture. With a touch a blinding light sparked from the figure's finger leaving the pillar a burnt and pitted glass staff which the figure leaned on, slowly making it's way to the nearby village and as it moved, the storm clouds followed swiftly as if a dog behind it's master.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

There is one thing I am stumped by really. Is how are these Dragon balls Linked to the Kami, and how to power them. If I knew that then I be finished. From what you said though I think they are linked to his life, so the balls must only work if the Kami has charged them?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

Rather than head i, as the oddly silent old man is right there and apparently the only resident, Ieez just begins pacing back and forth.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    There is one thing I am stumped by really. Is how are these Dragon balls Linked to the Kami, and how to power them. If I knew that then I be finished. From what you said though I think they are linked to his life, so the balls must only work if the Kami has charged them?
    "Problem: The Kami in this timeline, doesn't know jack squat about the Dragon Balls. He is not the same guy that made them. The one who did...was also a Namekian. So I don't think this is a Kami thing. If it was, it'd be just an inherent part of the position right? I dunno, I'm not expert on magic. We can't exactly figure out whats wrong just sitting here speculating. What is the step that you keep failing on? What do you normally do in it? Have you tried doing it in little different ways? Experimenting?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

But it would seem your Kami did not technique make them, if I did. Anyways, here take a look at the balls.
    Callins grabs the bowl, and pulls them closer. They are Orange and powered it looks like, all seven are here, each with their correct number of stars.

They all seemed powered, just like when i saw them back on Namek, but I never saw what they had to do when they first were activated or made. I mean I think I have translated what the Namekians said to unleash their dragon.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

But it would seem your Kami did not technique make them, if I did. Anyways, here take a look at the balls.
    Callins grabs the bowl, and pulls them closer. They are Orange and powered it looks like, all seven are here, each with their correct number of stars.

They all seemed powered, just like when i saw them back on Namek, but I never saw what they had to do when they first were activated or made. I mean I think I have translated what the Namekians said to unleash their dragon.
    "Oh right, if I remember, Dr. Gero also said something about when the Dragon Balls actually worked, the sky turns black. and that a dragon so big came out of them that well basically we shouldn't be inside if we want to use them. Anyways....if your missing something, perhaps we should go over all the possibilities of what you could be missing, then logically eliminate what could not possibly have gone wrong."
    She begins listing.
    "Did you make the Balls themselves right? Did you have enough power? Do you know the proper techniques? Have you translated it correctly? Have you perhaps, decided on the limitations for the Wishes? It could be possible that even if their power is great, its not limitless. Have you...visualized how to create the dragon? Maybe the technique for activating them involves something draconic because it summons a Dragon? It would fit. Like, have you tried to get into the mindset of cosmic draconic might or something? or...hm, think I should try activating them or whatever? Just to see what happens?"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kami's lookout]

When Android 23 made it abundantly clear she was more into babbling than making tea, Kami went back to the kitchen to make some himself. He was listening to her and the aliens with half an ear, shaking his head at their crazy talk. Now, he's back on the courtyard, glaring at the anxious Arcosians, leaning on his staff while sipping tea.

"So...", he begins, "... before you all went off a tangent, I think I heard you mutter something about becoming stronger." He looks at Ieez. "Well obviously you're in the wrong place. I'm just an old man, right? With a power level of... 15, was it? Where do you come up with these bull**** numbers anyway?" Sip, sip. "How about you take that funky monocle off your head and think a little. This is all the power I need to move around, why would I be using any more? You and your brother, though, are wasting energy with each step. If I had to guess, it's because you grew up elsewhere, where it takes more effort to move around. You don't even notice it yourself, because it's the normal level for your body. Stop it, and then we'll talk. You're all giving me a headache."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #130

I didn't make the scale. The numbers correspond, essentially, to how much raw power one has in their natural state...

...Wait, are you saying you can suppress your power level?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-26 at 01:42 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

wait wait wait! Back up one second, Limitations on wishes?

12. - Top - End - #132

...so even i'm not being efficient with my energy. Artic introspectively remarks. Certainly there is merit to what this human said, power-levels are notoriously imprecise measurements of actual combat skill and ability. If Artic could learn to become more efficient...

So you want me to walk with less effort? However these first instructions were unusual at best.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

wait wait wait! Back up one second, Limitations on wishes?
    "I dunno, maybe? I was just throwing out ideas. Could be possible. After all, myths are full of wishes that have limitations, like the Genie: "shalt not kill, shalt not make people fall in love, shalt not wish for three more wishes." But thats just the rules I saw in a movie once..."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "I dunno, maybe? I was just throwing out ideas. Could be possible. After all, myths are full of wishes that have limitations, like the Genie: "shalt not kill, shalt not make people fall in love, shalt not wish for three more wishes." But thats just the rules I saw in a movie once..."
    Now Callins just looks confused.

I am still not familiar with most Human stories and we Tuffles always made what we wanted true. Many are to stuck in logic to even think of wishes. I guess I am a strange one, but what is a genie?

15. - Top - End - #135

It might not be that you're being inefficient as much as he is just significantly more efficient than you are to the point where there's insufficient distinction between the two of us.

Our... Host, for lack of a better word, can apparently suppress his power level. This would require an incredibly precise ability to control one's Ki and total mastery of this ability.

I think we've come to the right place, my brother.

Ieez sits and tries to get a better grip on his enrgy. He really has no idea what he's doing. This would be so much easier if he could sense Ki.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kami's lookout]

"Suppress. Bah. That's looking at it from the wrong angle", Kami says. He lifts his cup to take another sip, but much to his displeasure, notices it's empty. He flicks it over his shoulder and it breaks against the floor. "Imagine making a fire in a burrow. What that little gadget of yours is measuring is the heat from it. Sure, you could suppress it by placing, say, a blanket over it. But you could just not light it in the first place. You two, are like little candles burning bright. What you ought to be is a big pile of wood and a tinderbox." He turns to Artic.

"I can tell you have more clue than your brother. Not by much, but still. But before you walk - become aware of yourself. Feel how your body works. Instead of looking out, look in. Feel your own blood flowing - and stop it cold."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Now Callins just looks confused.

I am still not familiar with most Human stories and we Tuffles always made what we wanted true. Many are to stuck in logic to even think of wishes. I guess I am a strange one, but what is a genie?
    "Oh its like this uh.....blue shapeshifting guy, real talkative, but his true form is generally like this blue human wearing golden bracers, has a top-knot, a beard, and instead of legs he has a trail of smoke so that he can fly, and he is really good at singing. he is generally a nice guy with his wishes too."
    She says while wearing a smile half out of a time traveler in-joke and half out of memories of one of the best Disney films of all time.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

that is interesting. Alright lets take these outside and we will try one more time. With your help we maybe able to figure out what I am doing wrong. Callins grabs the bowl, to take the balls outside.

19. - Top - End - #139

...That, is a much better set of instructions.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"Ok....lets try....."
    She takes a dramatic stance.
    "WISH GRANTING DRAGON! COME FORTH!"
    She says with a shout.

If that doesn't work:
    "Ok....lets try..."
    She goes through her database of martial arts moves, and begins a flowing dance based on the serpentine movement of a dragon, making her ki flow along the movements and visualizing the ki flowing out of like a serpent, and flowing into the Dragon Balls to nest in them.
    "DRACONIC ACTIVATION TECHNIQUE!!"
    While pointing them trying to make her ki flow into the Balls rather than blast them.

If that doesn't work:
    "Ok...lets hope a third times the charm..."
    She takes another dramatic stance
    "MYSTICAL DRAGON OF AWESOME! COME FORTH SO THAT WE MAY MAKE A PACT UPON THESE DRAGON BALLS SEVEN!"
    She says with another shout.

If that doesn't work:
    "ALMIGHTY SHENRON THE ETERNAL DRAGON, COME FORTH SO THAT YOU MAY GRANT OUR WISH!"

If that doesn't work:
    She tries to empower the Dragon Balls while shouting.
    "SHENRON! SHENRON! SHENRON!"

And if none of those work:
    "Whelp....I'm out of ideas."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Shenron? Who is Shenron? Callins asked after none of the trials worked.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Shenron? Who is Shenron? Callins asked after none of the trials worked.
    "I just told you, the name of the Earth's dragon that comes from the Dragon Balls, at least in my time. Guess it might not work with yours? Maybe the dragon is named differently? Any observations doc? Anything you notice different?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Well first Shenron! I did not think the name would be different. On Namek the dragon is called Porunga. I thought it be the same dragon. hmm, Some how I wonder if you being here was meant to be.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Callin's Ship

"If I'm meant to be here, then the universe has a twisted sense of humor."
    She walks over to the Dragon Balls....and slaps them.
    "OY! SHENRON! WAKE UP YOU LAZY BASTARD! EARLY DRAGON GETS THE WISH! GET UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!"
    When that probably doesn't work she stands back up and sighs.
    "Well.....I don't know what to do. I think we should put these back inside then head to the Lookout, maybe we should ask Kami, any possibility is worth a try by now."

Coastal Town

At the village the figure encounters some generic martial artist strong guy beating up another, the weaker one falls to the ground.
    "Aw yeah! I'm the strongest in this village! No one can beat me!"
    He looks at the man who just came into town.
    "Whaddya say? Did you see how freaking STRONG I am? Tell me that wasn't impressive! Huh? huh? I bet even you would never be able to beat me, stranger!"
    He flexes his muscles with a cocky grin, clearly daring someone to try and take him on. His ki however, is kind of weak, little more than most soldiers or warriors really.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Callins carries the balls back inside. Ya you are right, oh by the way, do you know what Shenron looked like, an' what Language he spoke?
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2015-04-26 at 03:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kami's lookout]

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...That, is a much better set of instructions.
    "Well it would be easier to just kill you, but I need someone to fix the whole that crazy woman made. Try to get a hang of it." Kami leaves to the basement of his palace, returning a while later carrying the tools necessary for mixing cement and plaster. He left his staff leaning against the kitchen wall. "Your brother will get to sweep the shards from the floor. And the plants really need watering too. Come to think of it, I'm sort of running short on water, so he'll get to fetch some too. I think there's a well in a nearby village." Implying Artic will have to return to ground and then get back up again.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Callins carries the balls back inside. Ya you are right, oh by the way, do you know what Shenron looked like, an what Language he spoke?
    "According to my databanks? He was green and spoke..."
    Wait. What language are they speaking now? Two different kinds of aliens, a medieval protector of Earth and a time traveling robot all somehow spoke the same language without any misunderstandings? That....how....
    "Uh.....the one we're speaking....now? Earth-ese? I'm....kind of trying to wrap my head around a....strange realization."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I actually don't know Earth languages, My suits is translating me, and it is making it so i can understand what you are saying as well. The Green part ok I figured that, but i mean his body shape.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I actually don't know Earth languages, My suits is translating me, and it is making it so i can understand what you are saying as well. The Green part ok I figured that, but i mean his body shape.
    "Oh! Oh. Then how did the Arcosians....? They didn't have your tech on them. As for Shenron he is serpentine. A lot like a snake with little claw-arms and has these uh, weird horns sticking out the back of his head, red eyes, whiskers.....thats the databanks description anyways."

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Kami's lookout]

"Well it would be easier to just kill you, but I need someone to fix the whole that crazy woman made. Try to get a hang of it." Kami leaves to the basement of his palace, returning a while later carrying the tools necessary for mixing cement and plaster. He left his staff leaning against the kitchen wall. "Your brother will get to sweep the shards from the floor. And the plants really need watering too. Come to think of it, I'm sort of running short on water, so he'll get to fetch some too. I think there's a well in a nearby village." Implying Artic will have to return to ground and then get back up again.
    Chores in exchange for training?

The smaller yet elder Arcosian stands, and, once prompted to begin repair work, does so.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks