New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece: Gear IV

I stand by it. The damage Doflamingo has been inflicting upon Dressrosa is irrelevant, imo, anyone can do a lot of collateral damage. As far as I can remember, almost all of Luffy's damage is self inflicted, from Gear Fourth. Doflamingo had no choice but to fight Luffy head on, Luffy has a major speed advantage.
    But not everyone can fight off a rival while at the same time casually crushing a city.
    And while Flamingo did not inflict any noteworthy damage upon Luffy before then, mainly smacking him around a bit and toying with him, then neither did Luffy inflict any damage on Flamingo before going into Gear fouth.

Anyway, since Flamingo did not reveal the effect of his awakend DF before having seen Luffy's Poundman, and since Luffy would directly have been killed by Flamingo if he had not been saved by the gladiators, then i cant see how people cant think he were a challenge for Luffy, we directly saw he were stronger, and would have won in a fair fight.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Anyway, since Flamingo did not reveal the effect of his awakend DF before having seen Luffy's Poundman, and since Luffy would directly have been killed by Flamingo if he had not been saved by the gladiators, then i cant see how people cant think he were a challenge for Luffy, we directly saw he were stronger, and would have won in a fair fight.
    Well, Luffy wasn't at his peak at the beginning of the fight, even if he mostly had to deal with Bellamy just before. But then many of the previous fights in OP were also quite close, maybe excluding the Fishman Island arc and some of the earliest. It's boring if one character is so far ahead of the other there's no excitement and Luffy winning not because of power of friendship (literally) but power of friends is part of what makes OP a better series.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Anybody got a guess how much fights Zorro had where he isn't handicapped?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, Luffy wasn't at his peak at the beginning of the fight, even if he mostly had to deal with Bellamy just before. But then many of the previous fights in OP were also quite close, maybe excluding the Fishman Island arc and some of the earliest. It's boring if one character is so far ahead of the other there's no excitement and Luffy winning not because of power of friendship (literally) but power of friends is part of what makes OP a better series.
    To be fair, Mingo took a Magical Room Knife thingy to the heart and was using his string powers to keep himself together too, Neither was really at full power when things started to get real.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Luffy winning not because of power of friendship (literally) but power of friends is part of what makes OP a better series.
    I agree, Op is one of the very, very few series that has gotten the power of friendship right.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground

Oda drew the cast of Mad Max: Fury Road

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oda drew the cast of Mad Max: Fury Road

All I can say is dude with the skull Necklace is screaming

"SUUUPPAAAA SKULLLLLLL"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Oh man, Oda... I guess if it gets his approval like that I'll have to see about watching that thing after all.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #159

Oh man, Oda... I guess if it gets his approval like that I'll have to see about watching that thing after all.
    You'll like it a lot, I promise.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

New episode, and for us Anime cats we finally get the reveal that Doffy used to be one of the Celestial Dragons right after he beats the snot out of Luffy and Law.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: new manga
    Show
    BREAKING NEWS: the navy takes responsability for ones and apologizes. also a country got destroyed but more on that later.

even in one piece fox news does it's thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So... did Sabo just murder a ****? I mean, totally deserving consider he went out of his way to get him angry, but... wow.

Also, the country is okay with being ruled by a guy who will leave them to be conquered by the next evil conqueror as long as they can stay pacifists Oh, Oda... I know you love idealism but... Oh, well.

Otherwise not much happening, except as Sigh said, Marines taking responsibility for screwing things up. Well, one admiral, and somehow all his men follow. I guess Marine units are sorted by their respective morality?
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

So... did Sabo just murder a ****? I mean, totally deserving consider he went out of his way to get him angry, but... wow.

Also, the country is okay with being ruled by a guy who will leave them to be conquered by the next evil conqueror as long as they can stay pacifists Oh, Oda... I know you love idealism but... Oh, well.

Otherwise not much happening, except as Sigh said, Marines taking responsibility for screwing things up. Well, one admiral, and somehow all his men follow. I guess Marine units are sorted by their respective morality?
    Meh. Mooks in One Piece have always copied the beliefs of their leader. With the exception of Captain Morgan, this includes marine mooks.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Spoiler: new manga
    Show
    BREAKING NEWS: the navy takes responsability for ones and apologizes. also a country got destroyed but more on that later.

even in one piece fox news does it's thing
    Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    How novel an idea given that this is the Grand Line, and the one apologizing is a Vice Admiral.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

15. - Top - End - #165

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Naw, Jesus is still alive.

Anyway, something I'd like to note. Fujitora bent a knee to the king in apology, on behalf of the world nobles and the world government. That's...HEAVILY weakened their position, and is going to make the Grand Rivieria quite interesting.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Naw, Jesus is still alive.

Anyway, something I'd like to note. Fujitora bent a knee to the king in apology, on behalf of the world nobles and the world government. That's...HEAVILY weakened their position, and is going to make the Grand Rivieria quite interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah . . . I'm honestly wondering if this is the end of his time as an Admiral. Granted its the right thing to do (and probably better off from the WG in the long run), but I'm not sure the WG is going to appreciate someone pointing out on mass media that they're totally at fault here.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I don't see the Marine's or WG supporting Fujitora on that. The most likely outcome would be him getting kicked out for this, but that's unlikely to happen in OP. So... I guess they'll just deny it ever happened? Or buster call the island to make sure hardly anyone knowing about it stays alive... ahem.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #168

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I don't see the Marine's or WG supporting Fujitora on that. The most likely outcome would be him getting kicked out for this, but that's unlikely to happen in OP. So... I guess they'll just deny it ever happened? Or buster call the island to make sure hardly anyone knowing about it stays alive... ahem.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given that it's being broadcast to a whole host of people abroad I highly doubt a Buster Call would do much outside of piss people off. The way I see it right now is that with how many of them have been defeated by the Straw Hats in the past 2 years the Warlords are going to look like less and less of a threat to the rest of the world, which kind of defeats half the purpose of having them there in the first place! If this doesn't end with the WG deciding to reconsider their stance on having the Warlords on their payroll I'd be surprised.
    Last edited by Sigh; 2015-07-02 at 05:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given that it's being broadcast to a whole host of people abroad I highly doubt a Buster Call would do much outside of piss people off. The way I see it right now is that with how many of them have been defeated by the Straw Hats in the past 2 years the Warlords are going to look like less and less of a threat to the rest of the world, which kind of defeats half the purpose of having them there in the first place! If this doesn't end with the WG deciding to reconsider their stance on having the Warlords on their payroll I'd be surprised.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Which are, just to list off old and current Warlords:

Beaten:
    Buggy
    Crocodile
    Moriah
    Kuma(if the Pacifista count)
    Doflamingo

Allied with(whether publicly known or not and whether actually allied with or just perceived that way):
    Buggy
    Crocodile
    Hancock
    Kuma
    Jinbei
    Law
    Mihawk(kind of)

Yeah, not sure how the WG can continue the Shichibukai.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Spoiler
    Show
    So let's see--we have confirmation that the Gorosei is below CP0, Capone is in an alliance (possibly with Law & Luffy now), Urouge and Enel possibly teaming up, and that the Kidd Alliance is aiming for Shank's head! Not to mention Issho getting ****-talked by Sakazui, and a nice recap with Smoker. Talk about a packed chapter.
    Last edited by Dasgovernator; 2015-07-08 at 11:53 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dasgovernator View Post
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Spoiler
    Show
    So let's see--we have confirmation that the Gorosei is below CP0, Capone is in an alliance (possibly with Law & Luffy now), Urouge and Enel possibly teaming up, and that the Kidd Alliance is aiming for Shank's head! Not to mention Issho getting ****-talked by Sakazui, and a nice recap with Smoker. Talk about a packed chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know what translation you were reading but the CP0 seem on equal footing with different roles. No clue where you got the idea that Capone was in an Alliance with Luffy and Law, if anything he was with Big Mom. He only called them his "friends" because they're all Super Novas. Enel was no where to be seen or even hinted at either.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-07-09 at 04:15 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... okay, Mangapanda's translation was at some points really weird, I think but I have to agree with Razade, I didn't really get much of the same out of it.

Spoiler
    Show

There WAS a lot going on, like Kidd going after Shanks (poor kids... that's gonna be brutal), another glimpse of Kaidou, somewhat, and Fujitora now aiming for Law and Luffy's heads? Well... that could be fun. We'll see. Though, I guess the people will protect them and they get away... somehow.

btw, who's the guy in the sky again?
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... okay, Mangapanda's translation was at some points really weird, I think but I have to agree with Razade, I didn't really get much of the same out of it.

Spoiler
    Show

There WAS a lot going on, like Kidd going after Shanks (poor kids... that's gonna be brutal), another glimpse of Kaidou, somewhat, and Fujitora now aiming for Law and Luffy's heads? Well... that could be fun. We'll see. Though, I guess the people will protect them and they get away... somehow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another of the Super Novas.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    As well as a Super Nova, like Kato said, he is a sky person tribesmen that has a devil fruit that, as far as I can tell, just makes him super strong. I, personally, dislike this because it doesn't seem any different than the Charles Atlas superpowers of non-devil fruit users like Sanji and Zoro but with the downside of not being able to swim. The lameness of his fruit is highlighted by how cool and/interesting the devil fruits of the other Super Novas are.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2015-07-09 at 05:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mangastream's translation makes more sense this week.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apoo's alliance is gunning for Shanks? Heh, call me crazy, but I think they may actually pull off quite a stunt, at least, instead of being beaten decisively. And while apparently, Kuzan is allied with Blackbeard, I really doubt either party actually thinks this is something more than an alliance of convenience.

I can see Fujitora's answer two ways: first is that he wants to personally hunt Law and Luffy, or that he prefers no unnecessary interference/aid from other marine sectors. It'd be interesting if it turns out to be the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    By Damn, there is a WHOLE LOT going on here. Even if we consider Urouge merely taking a break in the Sky Islands and Capone and the rest referring to Luffy and Law as a member of the "Worst Generation," there's plenty of reprecussions and Gambit Pileups building along the sidelines. It'll be interesting where the next couple of chapters take the story, and when we'll return to the Thousand Sunny making its way to Zou being chased by Big Mamas ship.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

27. - Top - End - #177

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    In my translation it looks like Bonney wants to join their alliance, is it the same way with the rest of yours? Because I for one wouldn't mind that kind of teamup...

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Mangastream's translation makes more sense this week.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apoo's alliance is gunning for Shanks? Heh, call me crazy, but I think they may actually pull off quite a stunt, at least, instead of being beaten decisively. And while apparently, Kuzan is allied with Blackbeard, I really doubt either party actually thinks this is something more than an alliance of convenience. attempt to infiltrate them.
    Fixed that for you

btw. isn't the cover page just the cutest? How can I get Oda to draw my request?
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    In my translation it looks like Bonney wants to join their alliance, is it the same way with the rest of yours? Because I for one wouldn't mind that kind of teamup...
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, no translation I've seen makes it seem like that. One says "I'm glad to be their contemporary" which just means "Glad to be one of their equals" and the other was "Glad to be of their generation" which....is self explanatory.

30. - Top - End - #180

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    How did Bonney even get out of prison? Didn't she get sent to Impel Down? Certainly another breakout from there would be something we know about.