New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Ringers vs. Zombies (IC)

Ringers vs Zombies IC Thread
    To the OOC Thread

Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2015-04-21 at 07:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Ringers vs. Zombies (IC)

Samurai Jack: After years of searching and combing through various pieces of ancient literature you have located a portal. The scripts are unclear as to its exact nature. You don't know when or where it will take you but there is one consistency between everything you have heard or read. The chosen one will enter the portal and wherever it takes him, he will find his destiny.

Vincent Valentine: Your deep slumber has persisted for many years when a disturbance occurs. This time it is not the Turks but a pair of raggedy looking commoners. "We've found him!" One of them exclaims. "This has to be patient zero! Lets destroy him and put an end to all of this!" The other man chimes in "We'll be heroes!"

Storm: You have bared witness to countless schemes laid forth by Apocalypse, and have seen them all fail due to the efforts of the X-Men. His latest however is far beyond anything you thought even he to be capable of. After getting his hands on the DNA of such mutants as Wolverine and Dead Pool, he seems to have engineered a disease to put the Technovirus to shame. Having witnessed first hand the demise of all of civilization, you are sent back in time to stop it before it starts. As you step out of the portal you recognize that you are in New York city but something about this place has a strange unfamiliar air about it.

Scorpion: During one of your frequent forays between Earth and the Nether Realms you sense a strange disturbance. You find yourself planted in an Earth city but it is not quite as you recognize it. The architecture suggests that you are in the United States and a major city at that, but it is strangely quiet. There is no traffic and no sound of barges from the nearby docks. Sensing danger you keep your guard up.

Jacket: You have one new message. *beep* "This is 'Richard' from the shipping warehouse. There's been a strike and we need you to help us with negotiations. Discretion is of the utmost concern. Come to Amboy and Wards Point Ave." *click*

Vivi Ornitier: "Farewell. My memories will be part of the sky." These were your final words as you shuffled off your mortal coil and left Gaia forever. You now find yourself materialized in a strange new realm. A massive cityscape looms before you with buildings to rival the highest towers, packed one next to the other. Death is strange, and not nearly as final as you would have imagined.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2015-04-21 at 07:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

I hop in my car take 2 hits of acid and head to my target. This gives me an opportunity for my masked hallucinations to talk to me, and whether or not they give truthful advice is up to you, but they are real in my characters mind. Assuming I see no trouble along the way then I open my trunk to get my weapons and watch for signs of movement in the windows as I approach the largest house on the more acute angle of the 3 way intersection (checked a satellite view).
    "It's showtime."
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler: Jacket
    Show
    Up here in the north east the weather tends to be pretty crappy but today is a nice day. A lot of people seem to be enjoying this nice weather, walking instead of driving. In fact, you don't see a single other car on the road. You get to your destination and see a few of the strikers outside of a building. They are crowded around a door, banging on it with their fists and saying something you cant make out.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2015-04-22 at 12:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi was lying face down on the street, eyes closed. What happened? How had he gotten here? Bright yellow eyes opening, he stood and looked around. The building's here were enormous, bigger even than the grand castle. He tilted his head back in awe. They were so tall it was starting to give him vertigo. Grasping the rims of his broad hat, Vivi shook his head. Getting dizzy here wouldn't be the best idea. Picking up his staff in case of attack, he looked left and right trying to decide what to do.

I thought I'd... Stopped... Maybe this is where people go afterwards?

Making up his mind, he began to wander down the street to his left.

I wonder if grandpa is here...

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

What is going on? Where is everybody? This must be Quan Chi's work...
    Says Scorpion and starts walking down the streets.
    I sense a disturbance... It must be the sorcerer hiding somewhere!
    He then steps into the nearest alley and hides. He will kill Quan Chi from the shadows.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Though this timeline feels odd, Storm feels a rush of relief being somewhere familiar. She hadn't realized how much she missed civilization after the destruction of Apocalypse. She looks around at the people of New York and it crosses her mind to wonder what this timeline is like. A gentle breeze begins to blow towards and then abruptly stops. One thing is for sure. The winds still bow to me. She thinks with a smile.
    Last edited by ODM; 2015-04-22 at 05:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Samurai Jack

Opened his eyes, the portals power hum washing over him now. His meditation complete Jack rose and placed his straw hat upon his head. As the thrum of power sounded again and again in his ears he steeled himself and stepped forward.

"It is time. My destiny awaits."

When his body broke the plane of that powerful portal it was as if he was torn from the land in which he had come. His body contorted, a fun house mirror of it's former self. His mind raced but his training allowed him to keep himself calm. It seemed an agonizing drawn out moment, but it was just that.

The portal opened over a broken landscape. His sandal clad feet clattering onto a broken girder, some ways off the ground among the ruin of a broken building. His eyes focused on his surroundings, peering out at the broken cityscape.

"What manner of place is this?"

He quirked an eyebrow and then listened intently. Only the wind greeted him, and he set about moving to the ground, agile jumps taking him down the side of the broken building to the street below. He stopped near the side of the building and peered about, listening intently to see if anyone was about.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+11)[30]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Vincent Valentine

Stirring in dreams.... Lucrecia... Sepheiroth... Hojo... A loud bang starts Vincent from his slumber. He blinks the sleep from his eyes as he hears movement outside his coffin. Slowly the lid slides to the side and Vincent sits up non-chalantly. Seeing three to four young men staring at him, Vincent ***** his head.

"Who.... are you?", he asks in a gravelly voice not used for years. Upon hearing the exclimations from they rag tag group, Vincent knows this won't finish well...

Spoiler: Inititave!?
    Show
    (1d20+4)[18]

10. - Top - End - #10

"It's rare mobsters guard the outside, but then again I have not seen a cop the whole way here." Jacket will park on the street to the side of the house instead. Then he will hop the fence into the backyard while using the divination ability to know when peoples backs are turned and increase my time to hide.

Edit: I made a hide roll in the OOC if there is anyone in the backyard.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2015-04-22 at 01:12 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Tired of waiting here, time to look from above
    Says Scorpion and climbs the nearest staircase that goes to the roof of the building
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Climb check to reach the staircase (1d20+5)[10]

12. - Top - End - #12

Spoiler: Scorpion
    Show
    As you begin your ascent you spot a man high up on the building decending. He wears a white gi with what appears to be a katana at his hip. His black hair is neatly tied in the back. He moves quickly and with great agility as he bounds from one girder to another.

Spoiler: Jack
    Show
    From your vantage point you see many people milling about the streets but none of the vehicles you've come to expect in a cityscape of this sort. As you descend, your eyes are soon drawn to a peculiar man in a black and yellow uniform. The way he moves suggests a man of great martial prowess.

Spoiler: Jacket
    Show
    Behind the building you see no one. As you place your hand on the wall you get a glimpse of the inside. It appears to be some sort of warehouse. 4 men stand guard, pacing nervously as 2 other men approach what appears to be some sort of sarcophagus. Inside it another man sits up. He has long black hair and is wearing a black uniform with a red cloak. He has a dangerous look about him but something inside your head tells you he is a friend. After a short deliberation the two men closest to him pull out large knives and close in on him.

Spoiler: Vincent
    Show
    The two men in front of you draw large knives and move to attack. (You win initiative.)

Spoiler: Storm
    Show
    As you begin to acclimate yourself to your new surroundings a strange little man walks around the corner. He wears a high collared blue coat and a large floppy hat that casts a shadow over his face. The most noteworthy feature however is his glowing yellow eyes.

Spoiler: Vivi
    Show
    As you turn the corner you see a tall dark skinned female. She seems to be enjoying the gentle breeze that blows down this street. The wind abruptly dies down as she turns and looks at you.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2015-04-22 at 11:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Samurai Jack

Felt the concrete under his sandals as he made the final jump, this place while strange, not that much different from places he had visited that were under the grip of Aku. He kept up a wary eye, but the figure in black and yellow had certainly caught his attention. He recognized the cut of his garments, surely the man had some martial training. Perhaps he would know more about what was going on here.

He approached calmly, not showing any signs of hostility, though he was of course ready to act at a moments notice. He raised a hand, palm up in a friendly greeting gesture, calling out to the man from some a small distance, about twenty feet.

"Greetings, traveler. I am called Jack. I am new to this land, and know little of it. May I ask, are you familiar with this place?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Vincent Valentine

Vincent puts a hand to his face, attempting to shake the last bit of his slumber away. His grogginess is quickly removed as he hears the pull of large blades from their sheaths. Stepping lightly out of his place of rest, Vincent pulls free his revolver, Quicksilver, and levels it at one of the men.

"I believe... it would be best if you did not." Vincent growls at the closest man, cocking the hammer back as he does.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Ready an action to fire at the first movement either one of the men take towards me. Probably also an intimidate check if you'd like.

Intimidate: (1d20+5)[15]

15. - Top - End - #15

Jacket kicks open the door shotgun drawn and says "Just a few bums eh? Well this will be easier then my first ever mission."
    Spoiler: Intimidation check
    Show
    (1d20+7)[19]
    if either one of the two men outside the sarcophagus don't disarm themselves immediately I will start combat. Since I spoke as a free action I assume I can still move close enough to shoot both at once with the spread of the shootgun during the suprise round regardless of my initiative, but I will wait to see the success of the intimidation first.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Scorpion

Greetings. I am Scorpion. I am familiar with this place and I am looking for the sorcerer Quan Chi. Did you happen to see him?
    Scorpion sees the Katana the man has in the sheath and the gi he is wearing. He could be participating in Mortal Kombat... he thinks.
    Last edited by Hypername; 2015-04-23 at 03:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi slows to a stop a short distance from the tall woman. He looks up at her with surprise, "Um... Hi..."

He looked around at the still strange city, then back at the woman. She seemed to be very at ease with herself here, perhaps she knows where they are? "Do... Do you know what this place is? I just woke up here."

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Samurai Jack

Brings a hand up to his chin, thinking for a moment. He did not recall ever meeting a Quan Chi in his travels, but he had just stepped through a portal to this unknown place.

"I am afraid I do not. I come from a land that was beset by a great evil, and to preapre myself I have been on a long journey. I was told a magical portal that I encountered would lead me to my destiny. It has lead me here. It is perhaps because I did not reside in this land originally that I do not know of this Quan Chi."

He gave the strange man a bit of a smile as he thought for a moment.

"It is my honor to make your acquaintance, Scorpion. This place is alien to me, perhaps we could travel together for a time? I would like to learn more about this place, and what it may hold for me."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I am seeking Vengeance. Only that will let me rest finally. That man did a lot to me. If I find him...
    Scorpion looks around and says
    The last time I was here, the place was almost razed to the ground. We can move on if you want though.

20. - Top - End - #20

NecromancerGuy

Storm smiles and nods. Its been a long time since I've felt these winds but I believe we are in New York City. Where are you from? Puzzled by the strange accent, Storm remains warry of the strange kid but attempts to hide it as she is happy to meet him never the less. His yellow eyes though remind her of her dear friend Kurt Wagner.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1. I'm away from my computer and on my phone so the colors doesn't work and I don't have the code figured out yet so for now I'll bold her speech and change its color when I get home tonight. Second I'm really glad I waited and thought about it because I hadn't realized at first that I should look at what Vivi was saying. I hadn't realized ooc that that was who I saw.
    Last edited by ODM; 2015-04-23 at 09:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi looked around at the city scape in confusion, "New York..?" He stared thoughtfully at the buildings, he'd never heard of somewhere called 'New York'... What a strange name for a city... He suddenly started in surprise, the woman had asked him something, "Sorry! I'm Vivi. I live... Used to live near Treno." When the strange woman doesn't seem to recognise the name, he added hopefully "On the Mist Continent?"

Spoiler: OoC Note
    Show
    Vivi is less 'Strange Man' and more 'Strange Kid'. He's only 9, after all

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Samurai Jack

Listened carefully to the conviction in the mans voice. He was certainly driven. A quality that Jack had seen in both friend and foe alike over the years. Scorpion seemed genuine though, his drive to defeat his a nemesis of sorts something Jack could understand.

The samurai pulled his straw hat from the billowing folds of the sleeve of his robe and placed it upon his head, nodding to Scorpion.

"By all means. This place is ominous. I have seen many large cities, but never one as empty as this. It fills me with a sense of foreboding. Since you seem to know this place far better than I, lead on if you please."

23. - Top - End - #23

Spoiler: Scorpion and Jack
    Show
    From your vantage point you have a good view of the surrounding streets. To one side you can see what appears to be an adult with a child. Suddenly from around a corner emerges a large group of people seeming to shamble towards them. Their movements seem too stilted and unnatural to be some sort of mob but they move together as one. Strange, given the conspicuous lack of people in the city.

Spoiler: Storm and Vivi
    Show
    Your conversaton is cut off by the sound of moaning and shuffling feet. A large group of people emerge from around the corner, shambling toward you. Their clothes are dirty and covered in what appear to be blood stains. Their flesh seems to be withered and rotting. They move as one single mass of arms, legs and faces. Their attention turns toward you and they begin moving in your direction.

Spoiler: Vincent and Jacket
    Show
    The men with the knives become wide eyed and begin to look to each other for support. All color fades from their faces and they begin to stammer. "Hey, look man, uh, we're just trying to put an end to all this, y'know? We just made a mistake is all. I can see you guys are human. Lets just put this behind us ok?"

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGuy

Storm is shocked by the conversation she is having with this child. However, when these creatures come around the corner, she knows there is no time to gather more details. She extends a hand to Vivi. Take my hand. Things do not look good. If she takes his hand, she will fly high enough with him to evaluate the situation somewhat safely.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Vincent

The look of shock and fear brought the slightest twing of a smile to Vincent's lips. Gently uncocking his pistol, Vincent looks over to the shotgun wielding man. Confused as to why a man would run around in a chicken mask, Vincent starts to call out to him.

"...."

Thinking over his situation, Vincent decides it's better to just return to his slumber to repent for his sins. He starts to climb back into his sarcophagus.
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2015-04-23 at 11:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

"Human? I guess thats biologically true, but I don't like being a human when I hunt humans for a living. So you two are gonna get on the ground and tell me everything you know or I'm gonna show you just how animal I am."
    Spoiler: overkill intimidation cuz I'm that kinda guy.
    Show
    (1d20+7)[18]
    I walk up to Vincent with my gun still aimed at his would be assailants. "You don't look like someone I'm supposed to kill, want a cigarette? Also what is your stance on torture?"

(Still keeping the readied action to shoot from earlier)
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2015-04-23 at 11:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Spoiler: Vincent and Jacket
    Show
    Having nothing but their knives, the men drop them on the ground and fall to their knees. "We don't know any more than you do, man! We thought he was one of those... those things. I mean... he sleeps in a coffin. We thought maybe if we destroyed him it would... I don't know... put an end to all this. Like the old vampire stories." Another man chimes in "Look, I don't want to tell you your business but if you fire that thing you're going to bring them all right to us. We need to get out of here."
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2015-04-23 at 11:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

"Well if these 'things' want to kill you then I can't do my job, so where is the safest place." Jacket realizes the flaw in that logic and tries to play it off with the fact he is on drugs. Muttering under his breath next to Vincent "I have a car with one open seat, so we can leave these guys to deal with the angry mob outside."
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2015-04-24 at 01:12 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Vivi took a step back as the mob appeared. "Umm... Ok."

He reaches out to the woman's offered hand, hoping she had some kind of plan.

Show

30. - Top - End - #30

NecromancerGuy

Hold on. Storm takes Vivi's hand and takes off toward the sky, scanning the approaching creatures for some type of clue about what they are or how many there are. She also will be looking for a safe place to drop off this poor kid. She will at the same time be looking to see if anyone else may need to be air lifted away in a similar fashion.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+2)[21]
    Also I hope having a flight speed of 60 (now 40 but still) helps.
    Last edited by ODM; 2015-04-24 at 04:37 AM.