New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1265
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

See this thread. truthseeker is pretty much locked in a group (since I didn't see anybody offering here for weeks,) but my alternates have room ATM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Spoiler: Fallen London Characters:
    Show
    An inquisitive, Watchful, compartmentalizing, orderly, person who seeks the truth POSI Midnighter the truthseeker
    The Persuasive, fairy-tale innocent-looking (anything but chaste,) seductress who is (to the point of hedonistically) very happy she arrived in the 'Neath; POSI Author: Snow Belie
    The newly-adult, scampy, artfully dodging, cockneyesque, Conjurer Orphan POSI: Nobby Longshanks
    The "Hit it!" POSI Murderer: Brutus Leadbetter
    Mad Scientist Hyubert Zlosky

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

I have capped stats and no shortage of second chances or problems with menaces, but I can send cards if anyone wants them.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

So... I'm stuck in the shadowy storyline.
    I've done step one, in Spite, and now step 2 in the Flit... and out of other options. I've also reached similar issues with other areas.
    What am i missing? Any guides I could look these things up with?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #994
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So... I'm stuck in the shadowy storyline.
    I've done step one, in Spite, and now step 2 in the Flit... and out of other options. I've also reached similar issues with other areas.
    What am i missing? Any guides I could look these things up with?
    What's important is not the "steps" as much as your "Name" value and completely resolving said quest at that step.

Looking at A Name Whispered in Darkness, step "two" actually is a Spite challenge or "Perform a successful Area-Dive to unlock new stories." Is this value two? If so, you need to do the "Area Dives" in Spite. Not only does this mean to "Burgle" the houses, but to continue up the ranks, you'll also need to do the ones that require casing. Eventually with enough successes and a high enough Shadowy score (around 48 total,) you can burgle the mansions, which (by then) should list you successful at that value of 4 for A Name Whispered in Darkness for the Flit.

By the time you are actually ready for the Flit, it will clearly list Making your Name: a Rash of Burglaries. To get to 5, as noted, you need to raise your Master Thief Level to 5 by Thefts. You may play this safe and build casing to 100% success, or you may risk high but not 100% percentage and risk Imprisonment/Insanity by taking a percentage over the Minimum Casing but not enough for 100% success. Until you raise that Master Thief ranking to 5, you are not done with that step.

The issue is if you don't see a "Name" listing where you are, even if you "unlocked" an area, you may be in the advanced area too soon. The corresponding stat's area will list what you need to do and offer a zero-turn direct where you need to build up next. So Persuasive has you charming people in Veilgarden for quite a while until it directs you to the Shuttered Palace, Watchful has you staying in Ladybones for quite a while, Dangerous has you fighting rats in Watchmaker's Hill. When done sequentially, most progressions open the area for you for free if you previously didn't unlock it. This was true for me and the Labyrinth of tigers/Season Pass. This should also be true for places like the University/Court/The Flit (Mahogany Hall however, I think you still need to pay for access as normally, but going there afterwards though Gossip in your Lodgings gets out some bonus stuff.)

And when you finally do go to the Advanced areas, it's for a very long assignment meant to get you past that 71-100 stat crawl area. So Persuasive needs you to take care of a Romance and a great creative work, Dangerous needs you to be a Black Ribbon Duelist 5 then a Procurer of Savage Beasts 5, Shadowy needs said master Thief 5, then a Casing for the Big Score before investigating the War of illusions, and Watchful needs you to complete an expedition to the Tomb of Seven and gain access to the University.

Whatever stage this is in, the redirect will be in that zone you can work on this. If it is not, double check if you should have unlocked a zone by now (for instance, Mahogany hall is the second part of the War of illusion and needs to have the route opened up first.)

I hope this answered your question. Since I have multiple characters (and my low levels are working on the Watchful and Persuasive parts right now after finishing the Dangerous segments recently,) I have been through this since the Name implementations. if something is not clear to you, let me know or keep posting here for us to help you where you are specifically stuck. (Just specifically list what was the last thing you completed when it raised your value.)
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-11-29 at 05:39 AM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show
    An inquisitive, Watchful, compartmentalizing, orderly, person who seeks the truth POSI Midnighter the truthseeker
    The Persuasive, fairy-tale innocent-looking (anything but chaste,) seductress who is (to the point of hedonistically) very happy she arrived in the 'Neath; POSI Author: Snow Belie
    The newly-adult, scampy, artfully dodging, cockneyesque, Conjurer Orphan POSI: Nobby Longshanks

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of Shadowy, has everyone noticed that Master Thief is uncapped now?

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Speaking of Shadowy, has everyone noticed that Master Thief is uncapped now?
    Based on the Name Whispered in Shadows update, plus the rework on Second Chances, it sorta had to be done. I do miss though when MT was capped at 5 (which was an accomplishment in itself with ye olde methods. I had it at 4 and planned to cap it one day...oh well.)
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-11-29 at 07:38 AM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the truthseeker View Post
    Spoiler: spoilered to reduce length
    Show
    What's important is not the "steps" as much as your "Name" value and completely resolving said quest at that step.

Looking at A Name Whispered in Darkness, step "two" actually is a Spite challenge or "Perform a successful Area-Dive to unlock new stories." Is this value two? If so, you need to do the "Area Dives" in Spite. Not only does this mean to "Burgle" the houses, but to continue up the ranks, you'll also need to do the ones that require casing. Eventually with enough successes and a high enough Shadowy score (around 48 total,) you can burgle the mansions, which (by then) should list you successful at that value of 4 for A Name Whispered in Darkness for the Flit.

By the time you are actually ready for the Flit, it will clearly list Making your Name: a Rash of Burglaries. To get to 5, as noted, you need to raise your Master Thief Level to 5 by Thefts. You may play this safe and build casing to 100% success, or you may risk high but not 100% percentage and risk Imprisonment/Insanity by taking a percentage over the Minimum Casing but not enough for 100% success. Until you raise that Master Thief ranking to 5, you are not done with that step.

The issue is if you don't see a "Name" listing where you are, even if you "unlocked" an area, you may be in the advanced area too soon. The corresponding stat's area will list what you need to do and offer a zero-turn direct where you need to build up next. So Persuasive has you charming people in Veilgarden for quite a while until it directs you to the Shuttered Palace, Watchful has you staying in Ladybones for quite a while, Dangerous has you fighting rats in Watchmaker's Hill. When done sequentially, most progressions open the area for you for free if you previously didn't unlock it. This was true for me and the Labyrinth of tigers/Season Pass. This should also be true for places like the University/Court/The Flit (Mahogany Hall however, I think you still need to pay for access as normally, but going there afterwards though Gossip in your Lodgings gets out some bonus stuff.)

And when you finally do go to the Advanced areas, it's for a very long assignment meant to get you past that 71-100 stat crawl area. So Persuasive needs you to take care of a Romance and a great creative work, Dangerous needs you to be a Black Ribbon Duelist 5 then a Procurer of Savage Beasts 5, Shadowy needs said master Thief 5, then a Casing for the Big Score before investigating the War of illusions, and Watchful needs you to complete an expedition to the Tomb of Seven and gain access to the University.

Whatever stage this is in, the redirect will be in that zone you can work on this. If it is not, double check if you should have unlocked a zone by now (for instance, Mahogany hall is the second part of the War of illusion and needs to have the route opened up first.)

I hope this answered your question. Since I have multiple characters (and my low levels are working on the Watchful and Persuasive parts right now after finishing the Dangerous segments recently,) I have been through this since the Name implementations. if something is not clear to you, let me know or keep posting here for us to help you where you are specifically stuck. (Just specifically list what was the last thing you completed when it raised your value.)
    Thank you. I would never have thought of raising some of those values. Especially not the war of illusions thing(since it seems well hidden... a 5% chance from two out of three options, right?).
    My stats are all above 100, so that should help a little with making the paths easier to follow, and I do have most of the locations unlocked.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #998
    Colossus in the Playground

Could someone spare a point of notability? I accidentally used it all up again.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Sure. Just remind me how to do that ...

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

10. - Top - End - #1000

There's an option on the Slowcake's Amanuensis card to gift someone a point of Notability. Which you can draw under social actions in your lodgins.

Also, thank you.

11. - Top - End - #1001

There's an option on the Slowcake's Amanuensis card to gift someone a point of Notability. Which you can draw under social actions in your lodgins.

Also, thank you.

Ok, need a bit to build up my MW.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Eagle View Post
    With December coming in a few days I was wondering if anyone here was interested in exchanging cards when the time comes?
    The Bonus code gave me cards. While my main is locked in a group, my Alt Snow Belie is not. (She is accepting any cards, but prefers The Beguiling Predatory Vegetable card/Persuasive.) Other Alts are uncertain at this time. What is your FL account name (you are not listed in the first post?) Any cards or one(s) in Particular?

Maybe? I started just before December last year and don't really remember how it worked.
    Isobel Ashe as normal? Same question as to type of cards?
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-12-01 at 10:27 AM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1003

The Bonus code gave me cards. While my main is locked in a group, my Alt Snow Belie is not. (She is accepting any cards, but prefers The Beguiling Predatory Vegetable card/Persuasive.) Other Alts are uncertain at this time. What is your FL account name (you are not listed in the first post?) Any cards or one(s) in Particular?
    I had sent a message to the OP of the thread last week but it appears they aren't updating the list anymore. My FL name is TeslaWalker. I'd trade with you but I ended up joining the leveling group after you pointed it out, my time the healer came yesterday, and the advent cards were pumped into my group a couple of hours ago due to me not receiving them normally this week.

If anyone feels like handing them out my preference is to watchful cards with the least desired being persuasive cards.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

I know that feel. I just realized that I haven't been around Fallen London in months, and my Notability has faded, accordingly.

Don't know that I want someone giving me Notability yet, though. I'm liable to wind up forgetting it again.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Also, thank you.
    You don't show up in the list of people, I can send Notability to ...

I'll send one, when I get one.

I had sent a message to the OP of the thread last week but it appears they aren't updating the list anymore. My FL name is TeslaWalker. I'd trade with you but I ended up joining the leveling group after you pointed it out, my time the healer came yesterday, and the advent cards were pumped into my group a couple of hours ago due to me not receiving them normally this week.

If anyone feels like handing them out my preference is to watchful cards with the least desired being persuasive cards.
    Sent.

~Augustus von Fabelrath~

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    You don't show up in the list of people, I can send Notability to ...
    That would be my fault - I sent the good doctor some Notability yesterday, and forgot to mention it here.

I had sent a message to the OP of the thread last week but it appears they aren't updating the list anymore. My FL name is TeslaWalker.

Sent one - may or may not send more after my Time the Healer visits, it will depend on how many cards I'll get (since I'd prefer to return the favour).

Speaking of cards, I don't really need them - while additional second chances are nice, that is just about the only benefit I'd have from them (being stat-capped and gaining enough MW to keep my Notability up via regular play - so I'd prefer people send them to those who would gain more from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

17. - Top - End - #1007

Oh, that was you... I thought it was Iruka. Thanks, then!

I'm back up at six, now. I'm converting a ton of secrets to work on the impossible theorem at the moment and most of the upwards conversions on secrets produce a nice MW boost as a side-effect, so I thought I might as well work on my second Master's Blood while I'm at it.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, that was you... I thought it was Iruka. Thanks, then!
    No problem - what was it, the third time I sent some to you? ;)

I'm converting a ton of secrets to work on the impossible theorem at the moment
    Been there, done that - and I'm happy I did it before the second chance change they recently implemented...
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-12-01 at 04:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm accepting cards, although beguiling predatory vegetables are the ones of greatest benefit. (Persuasive is my only non-capped stat). I'll send you guys some too.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll send one, when I get one.

Sent.
    I see you listed on the OP as GluestickGenius. Not sure who jagermiastro is (awesome name BTW; sad I didn't think of something like that.)
    Well, somebodies sent me the Vegetables: Doctor Eldan Blake, Szadova, and the abovementioned jagermiastro (I know most of them.) It matched her perfectly: loud but beautiful Let me know if you all have a specific Card request and account to send it to, or I'll send off whatever the Airs wishes. As noted below, I'll do this once my turn count resets. (or if capped and/or don't need the MW/menace drop. Let me know no matter what as I will send my remaining cards to those in need.) I'll send off cards to whomever sent me as long as they let me know if they have a preference or none if they don't wish any, or any if they wish any card. Edit: and Jeez that group thing really worked. One day later after all our cards were sent to each other I went from 19 second chances to 44 freakin' SC! I'm up 3 stat points from when I started , so it's awesome. I think I should thank them on their thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    I'm accepting cards, although beguiling predatory vegetables are the ones of greatest benefit. (Persuasive is my only non-capped stat). I'll send you guys some too.
    I'll send you one of those as soon as my turn count resets (I'm doing the CTD for my last Marque for the Violin before the (other) Days start.
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-12-01 at 09:01 PM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, I never ever thought I'd hit Notability in Double-Digits before capping some stats, yet here I am at 10! (And please no more Christmas cards until tomorrow after 2 PM EST or I lose half the MW to TTH.)
    Are there any suggestions how I can increase it further? (I plan on buying Master's Blood after the Neathmas holiday lodging upgrades as well.)

Even with all my BDR stuff at 23, and all the Christmas cards I got, and lucky deck draws to increase MW, it still took around 4 Free Evenings (1 Dante's grill with somebody at MW around 8-9, 3 Private Suppers) just to get the MW to about 33 to turn it in. (And yes, I'm out of Free Evenings until said time tomorrow, thanks to all who have helped me in the past with this.)
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-12-03 at 06:58 PM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012

So, yeah. The theorem. Man is that thing ****. I need Sudden INsights. Hundreds, probably. Any good ideas? I'm up for social actions, but I'd really appreciate something quickly grindable, too.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2015-12-03 at 07:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

I've heard having a fourth-tier profession can be bad at Sacksmas, should I quit? I've been thinking of going back to author in any case.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm up to send and recieve cards!

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah I should do that. I am too (Smangol).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

26. - Top - End - #1016

I've heard having a fourth-tier profession can be bad at Sacksmas, should I quit? I've been thinking of going back to author in any case.
    As far as I know all that happens with tier 4's is that you miss out on a slight "connected: the masters" boost on one of the sacksmas opportunity cards.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Dwarf in the Playground

As far as I know all that happens with tier 4's is that you miss out on a slight "connected: the masters" boost on one of the sacksmas opportunity cards.
    I did it last year and was an Agent. What's being referred to is this day, day 11 where the other lower professions get 1 CP Masters and an Extraordinary Implication. The Tier 4's get a Bazaar Permit but no connection bump of 1 CP Masters. Non-aligned Professions (Doctor, Notary) get a +1 PTPT and a Primeval Hint. Straight ourt Declining gives -2 cp of Nightmares and Wounds, it sucks. (Even if you absolutely have no need for the Permit, it's a 12.50 Echo sellable item compared to the 2.50 sellable Echo EI.)

Technically, if you have the Spyglass Knife and Mourning Candle and decline with The Master's ranking of 3, giving those two items, you get an equivalent exchange with the Blackmail material and Touching Love Story (which are harder to acquire than what you give up) with the Bazaar Permit.

And the spot by the fire is for those who Fate-Locked sided with the Revolutionaries.

But it's absolutely not worth re-acquiring a lower profession just to get the Unsigned Message card later for Tier 4 Professions and making a 300 Stat Check for 1 CP of Connected Masters. (That's what the Libraryette card is for.) The cost alone in weekly loss from 4-3 should you not pull it before your next TTH is notable alone.
    Last edited by the truthseeker; 2015-12-04 at 06:04 AM.
    I AM,
    --the truthseeker
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Are there any suggestions how I can increase it further? (I plan on buying Master's Blood after the Neathmas holiday lodging upgrades as well.)
    Eh, unless you really want it for some reason, I wouldn't bother - it will be easier to spend some of your Notability and get it back up than to raise it even higher and keep it there until it is needed.

If you do, there isn't much advice I could give - some item conversions give a hefty boost to your MW, as does the Salon/Orphanage if you happen to draw it. Most of the lodgings have MW boosting options, but they tend to be too costly for what they give you - unless you're truly desperate.

So, yeah. The theorem. Man is that thing ****. I need Sudden INsights. Hundreds, probably. Any good ideas? I'm up for social actions, but I'd really appreciate something quickly grindable, too.
    I don't think there is anything really grindible here - most sources (aside from playing chess/christmas cards) are either cards or parts of specific storylines (and most of those cap somewhere between 20-30, so if you're unlucky, they will quickly stop being enough...)

29. - Top - End - #1019

I think the only grindable SI are in the University cycle. You can try to get into a bigger Christmas Card exchange scheme on the Failbetter forums. I believe those Second Chances are uncapped? I'll send all approbriate cards your way.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2015-12-04 at 08:19 AM.

~Augustus von Fabelrath~

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe those Second Chances are uncapped? I'll send all approbriate cards your way.
    They certainly were last year - don't know if Failbetter changed it or not, but if the cap is there, it would be much, much higher than what the other options have.