New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

Coffee for everyone*

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    A patron is someone who is a POSI who is helping someone who isn't a POSI. You probably are a POSI already, so you can't have a patron.
    The Protégé can be a POSI - ie. I can adopt Hydranova.

Actually, do we have an equivalent of "Ninja'd" for Fallen London? Anything that is famous for stealth? Cat'd? Ratted? Masterthief'd?
    Ratted (or however it should be spelt) would work.

everyone who didn't yet use the code of course ;)
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-01 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Edit: NInja'd.

Actually, do we have an equivalent of "Ninja'd" for Fallen London? Anything that is famous for stealth? Cat'd? Ratted? Masterthief'd?
    I propose "Jack'd".
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    The Chair is nice, since the associated opportunity card gives you 1.8 echo (in candles) for a single action. How many SBL do you have, and how much of the other things you need? Also, what is your profession? Both Rat-Catcher (gives 1 SBL/week) and Murderer (give 2 Magnificent Diamonds - great if you don't already have 7 for the Bejewelled Lens) could help in your pursuits.
    I'm currently a trickster, though i'm think about changing profession soon.
    I currently have 20 SBL.
    Also, the contrpations are a horrible horrible grind.

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    It is, but your contacts might not have the same Tournament quality as you. I have 2, for example, and can only challenge people who also have 2.
    Oh, dang, I'm pretty sure mine is 1? Or 10? Probably 1. One second off to check!.............yeah it's 1 ^^ If anyone else has a level of 1 for the tournament of lilies, I gave my Mantlepiece thing earlier if that's how you add people to your list(actually, everyone feel free to add me ^^).

On another note, how many cards on average does it take for the revolutionary firebrand card to show up in Watchmakers Hill. It's such a low level area, I hate spending a lot of time there when I'm so far beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    I currently have 20 SBL.
    Doesn't the grinding for a Velocipede/cycle/whatever also require those? I remember dreading having to grind them for something else(though I obviously no longer remember what).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-01 at 08:42 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    On another note, how many cards on average does it take for the revolutionary firebrand card to show up in Watchmakers Hill. It's such a low level area, I hate spending a lot of time there when I'm so far beyond it.
    The more you want it the longer it will take - just about every RNG system works in that way ;)

Doesn't the grinding for a Velocipede/cycle/whatever also require those? I remember dreading having to grind them for something else(though I obviously no longer remember what).
    The Velocipede required 1 (though - according to the wiki - it no longer does), getting your first ship takes 1, 1 is needed every time you'd want to print your newspaper (which is why I did that only once so far).

I currently have 20 SBL.
    I would probably get the Chair - seeing how much you need to grind, getting more SBL later on won't change things much, while the opportunity card will help in getting some to buy some (though if you have the required items, the clay quarter option may be more efficient). Getting the Chair after the Zub means you still need to grind as much, but you don't have the card to help you in getting money (and 1.8 echoes/action is very good).

6. - Top - End - #96
    Colossus in the Playground

Ooh, two cups. Also, the banner is interesting... more stories for Exceptional friends. That might actually tempt me to get a subscription, though I don't need the extra actions at all, I don't play much, these days.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Contraptions are a horrible grind, but at least they're a reliable one.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Also, there's a Twitter contest, if you use that. Free Exceptional Friendship for a month!

I really like this, because it's a great way for FBG to generate monthly outcome and give their regular subscribers good extra content. I think Exceptional Friendship is finally the right sort of exclusive--you get early access to these stories and some extra perks (i.e. 10 cards in your deck). And since the stories are going to Nex later, you don't miss out on them. I like that better than having an exclusive location that's limited-duration.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2015-05-01 at 12:13 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

For Fallen London Ninja-ing, I am partial to "Echo" (Echoed? Echoing?)

For the tournament of lilies, try adding different playground members, there are enough of us some of us should be at each step.

I think that the launch of Sunless Sea delayed a lot of Fallen London content, and they might have to remake Mr. Eaten so it isn't so dangerous… It was expanded quite a bit before it got shut down.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

On Stormy-Eyed: I'm on Mutton Island attempting to grind it up, how high is there actually a point to getting it?

On Patrons: I'm a Force of Legendary Charisma and would be happy to patron someone when I get back from Mutton Island.

Should i use my current stack of Strong-Backed Labour for the clay Sedan Chair, or should I save them for my zubmarine? any advice would be most appreciated
    I'd go for the Chair. I actually ended up getting a Yacht because by the time it seemed worth it to grind for the non-SBL parts of the zub I could get the Yacht more easily with a bit of luck.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    On Stormy-Eyed: I'm on Mutton Island attempting to grind it up, how high is there actually a point to getting it?
    19 (combined with What The Thunder Said 15) unlocks a certain "area" (for a lack of better word).

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Is it possible to gain Connected: Summerset while unwelcome at the university? I want to turn Tales of Terror! into Extraordinary Implications, but I need connected to do so.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

what does the making waves quality do?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

19 (combined with What The Thunder Said 15) unlocks a certain "area" (for a lack of better word).
    I'm gonna have a long wait then. Roughly 120 actions left to go for that ranking of Stormy Eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It's used to gain and maintain notability once you're a Person of Some Importance.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-01 at 06:46 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

I clicked on the coffee for everyone link, made sure I was alreadly logged in, and there is nothing in my inventory. So I logged out, then logged in on the page where it said It was giving me 2 coffees, still nothing in my inventory ><

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Exceptional Friendship is suddenly a whole lot more attractive. Has anyone started the first Exceptional Story yet?

17. - Top - End - #107

It can give you Notability once you are a PoSI, which can be traded for a number of expensive things (5 card lodgings when not Christmas, higher tiered Professions, etc). I don't think it has much of a use for non-PoSI.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Is it possible to gain Connected: Summerset while unwelcome at the university? I want to turn Tales of Terror! into Extraordinary Implications, but I need connected to do so.
    Only if you have some Connected: Benthic to burn. Buy a Fellowship and use it.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Ignore my earlier post, I got the darkdrop coffee after I went to perform an action.

Man, this Revolutionary Firebrand is driving me nuts. I haven't had a full deck for the entire day due to constantly drawing, and I haven't gotten it yet >< I'm focusing on it so heavily because it's the one thing I know I can do that I haven't already done. I'm still just not sure where I need to go to continue other storylines that I had been working on.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

What's the best option from the Affair of the Box carousel? I've mostly been getting Documents and Candles.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Alright thanks, guess i should ignore the making waves thing and just focus on raising my skills high enough to complete my storylines.

How about lodging, is it worth it having more than one of those of the same general level?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still just not sure where I need to go to continue other storylines that I had been working on.
    Your Ambition will continue overzee - you'll need to visit the sisterhood once more. The other stories I've mentioned would be:
    A Survivor of the Affair of the Box - Spite
    Investigating the Secrets of St Dunstans - Ladybones Road
    Archaeologist - the Forgotten Quarter
    Associating with Radical Academics - Ladybones Road
    The Jack-of-Smiles Case - Ladybones Road, however you'll need to gain progress via the faction cards (Bandages and Dust, Burning Shadows and so on)
    Case of the Absconding Devil - Ladybones Road
    uncover the secrets of the Face-Tailor - opportunity card

What's the best option from the Affair of the Box carousel? I've mostly been getting Documents and Candles.
    Unless you need the other things, Candles. They're worth 20 echoes, while the other options give 17.5.

How about lodging, is it worth it having more than one of those of the same general level?
    The cards they give you can be useful when grinding Making Waves and Certifiable Scraps (those can be traded for various items - the top tier ones requiring 3200 scraps each).

23. - Top - End - #113

If you side with the revolutionaries, it can give you 2 Corresponding Plagues for the Intercept the Messages option (7-10 Boxfuls of Intrigue), so just for money, side with revolutionaries, and take Candles for 1.64 echoes per action (23 echoes/14 actions).

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh...This PoSI business has really drained my resources. Is it supposed to be this expensive? At least I have access to the Bazaar Sidestreets, finally.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Ugh...This PoSI business has really drained my resources. Is it supposed to be this expensive? At least I have access to the Bazaar Sidestreets, finally.
    It is. Being a PoSI means starting a whole new level of grinding, where you spend dozens (and sometimes hundreds or even thousands) of actions just to get a single item.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Man, this Revolutionary Firebrand is driving me nuts. I haven't had a full deck for the entire day due to constantly drawing, and I haven't gotten it yet >< I'm focusing on it so heavily because it's the one thing I know I can do that I haven't already done. I'm still just not sure where I need to go to continue other storylines that I had been working on.
    The Firebrand? Psh, wait until you need the Skin of the Bazaar to increase your Scholar rating. I've been drawing cards in the Bazaar Sidestreets for weeks and have managed to get one. I need about twenty.

Whirring Contraptions for the Zubmarine are also a pain, but at least they're a reliable pain that allows you to increase whatever abilities you wish (due to the variety in the War of Assassins).
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-05-02 at 01:32 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #117
    Colossus in the Playground

Alright thanks, guess i should ignore the making waves thing and just focus on raising my skills high enough to complete my storylines.

If you have spare making waves, you can trade it to someone who is a POSI, if they invite you to dinner at Dante's Grill. If you're available, I'd quite like to have it, as I'm trying to get enough Notability to finally get a certain item in the wine group back.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Well...I am officially a PoSI! Woo!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

If you have spare making waves, you can trade it to someone who is a POSI, if they invite you to dinner at Dante's Grill. If you're available, I'd quite like to have it, as I'm trying to get enough Notability to finally get a certain item in the wine group back.
    seems the waves are down again, i will write if i get some more of them.

Else.. is competing against other players in fx chess a good way to raise skills?

30. - Top - End - #120

lord_khaine: I don't think it is… I don't know how much it increases it, but I don't imagine more than 3 CP.

firedaemon33: Congratulations, now the real grinding begins. Yes, all the stuff is that expensive. Eventually, you get used to it.