New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    If you have spare making waves, you can trade it to someone who is a POSI, if they invite you to dinner at Dante's Grill. If you're available, I'd quite like to have it, as I'm trying to get enough Notability to finally get a certain item in the wine group back.
    Well, I have 6 of it and I probably would not be PoSI for a quite a while so I can give you some if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Well...I am officially a PoSI! Woo!
    Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

So, uh...If I enact the Cheesemonger's plan, what happens?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, isn't that the storylet where you get
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Albino rat if you side with the rats against the Big Rat?
    Or is that another storylet I'm thinking of?

Also, did anyone else get 6 free fate tonight when an opportunity card came up asking you to participate in a survey and then asked your age range and what sex you identified as? I was quite happy :) 9 more fate and I could go for the Exceptional friendship, or save up a bit more for one of the unique storylets.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Erm, no, that's the Plaster Face.

The Cheesemonger's story just gives you a quality that can help you become a PoSI and might be used for certain Shadowy and Great Game things later (I think it's required to reach Wilmot's End?).
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-05-03 at 01:58 AM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Erm, no, that's the Plaster Face.

The Cheesemonger's story just gives you a quality that can help you become a PoSI and might be used for certain Shadowy and Great Game things later (I think it's required to reach Wilmot's End?).
    Ahhh, alright. Like I've said before, it's been a long time since I did that stuff :)

Btw, I've been meaning to ask of the old-timers like myself, does the one guy from the developers of Fallen London still come around here to the thread and post? I remember he actually made quite a few posts on the old Fallen London thread waaaaayyy back in the day.

Edit: Also, I don't know why I keep saying Revolutionary Firebrand when it's the Regretful Soldier that I'm trying to get in Watchmakers Hill. LOL.

Also, I took a look in my "Expanded Inventory" and apparently I already HAVE a Velocipede, and a Voluminous Library, and my own Newspaper(Londons Stargazer). Pretty cool ^^
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-03 at 03:43 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Seems i looked the wrong place, and still has a little bit of making waves myself.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh holy flipping hell guys >< I did not know that the drunk old soldier card was the key to getting the acquaintance of the regretful soldier by "Talking him down". I've had that card FOUR times before tonight, tonight was the first time I went with the "talking him down" bit, and voila! I have the regretful soldier acquaintance >< How very, very irritating.

Quick question, do I need to be in the Watchmakers hill in order to continue gaining points with him, or will he show up wherever now?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Quick question, do I need to be in the Watchmakers hill in order to continue gaining points with him, or will he show up wherever now?
    You'll get a card called 'A Visit' that will let you choose between your acquaintances to increase your score.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

None of the endings lock you out of any content besides the other Cheesemonger endings.

The survey thing has been around for a while, I got asked about that a while ago. They periodically ask about other stuff as well (they had a survey about Sunless Sea near its announcement).

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    You'll get a card called 'A Visit' that will let you choose between your acquaintances to increase your score.
    Even if you don't care about your acquaintances, but have decent stats, you should always play that card - it can pay up to 4 echoes (well, technically up to 4.3 echoes) for a single action, which is simply great (though people focusing on Persuasive get slightly shafted, since their payout will be lower).

For those curious, acquintances and the payouts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Repentant forger - (base Shadowy) Cryptic Clues, +10 cp Connected Bohemian and Criminals
    Wry Functionary - (base Watchful) Cryptic Clues, +15 cp Connected: Great Game, +25 cp Connected:Society
    Regretful Soldier - (base Dangerous) Whispered Secrets and Rats on a String, +5 cp Dangerous
    Sardonic Singer - (1.5 base Persuasive) Whispered Secrets, +20 cp Connected: Bohemian, +10 cp Connected: Criminals
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, I just went mad while trying to solve the mystery of the haunted marsh house and failed. Got some ideas about the solution, though, and one can try again from the beginning. Quite a nice story, though I recommend reducing nightmares to 0 before trying, even with high stats.

Bloody Cosmogone.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

For those curious, acquintances and the payouts:
    I take it the base skill is the one you need to raise to get their card?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any particular use for Tales of the Unterzee that you get when you set off sailing and on your return trips?

Also, besides Laudnum and that other bottle, are there any ways to get rid of nightmares and wounds that don't require me spending fate? Reaaaallllyy need to get both my wounds and nightmares back down, both are quite high right now(come to think of it, so is my suspicion ><)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, besides Laudnum and that other bottle, are there any ways to get rid of nightmares and wounds that don't require me spending fate? Reaaaallllyy need to get both my wounds and nightmares back down, both are quite high right now(come to think of it, so is my suspicion ><)
    Sleeping in your lodgings will lower Wounds and may lower Nightmares depending on the option you pick.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

15. - Top - End - #135

What about the Plant storyline? I went to click on it and clicked "Find me a contact" and it said there were no qualifying contacts. Is the "Attending to a needs of a Singular Plant" no longer a thing?
    I have also a hard time finding the right people, apparently not a lot doimg that. I'm currently at Tournament 6, if anyone is interested.

Actually, do we have an equivalent of "Ninja'd" for Fallen London? Anything that is famous for stealth? Cat'd? Ratted? Masterthief'd?
    Rats are notorious for their stealth, but I think I like "Jack'd" more.

Btw. what do you guys see, when you look at banner at Doubt Street?

Spoiler
    Show
    Does it say "one Jack" ? Am I missing one or more letters?

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there any particular use for Tales of the Unterzee that you get when you set off sailing and on your return trips?
    Zee Ztories? They have some uses here and there, but I'd say the main one is converting them into other stuff.

Nightmares can be cured in the Carnival by drinking wine (if you fail, you'll get a bit of Scandal instead, if you're very lucky, it will lower both Wounds and Nightmares). Eating spore-toffee (also in the Carnival) can cure Wounds, but a failure will increase Suspicion. Both are luck-based checks.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I take it the base skill is the one you need to raise to get their card?
    Not always. The ways to unlock them are:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wry functionary
    rare success on the "Cards with the civil service" card - requires Persuasive 57-87 and an opened route to the Shuttered Palace
    rare success on the "Correspond with a contact at the Shuttered Palace" storylet - requires Persuasive 56 and being the Darling of the Ambassador's Ball (which also requires Persuasive 56, both storylets are found in Veilgarden)
    A Friendly Face storylet - appears in the Shuttered Palace when you're a Person of Some Importance

Regretful Soldier
    "Talk him down" from the "Deal with a drunk old soldier" card - drawn only in Watchmaker's Hill, requires Dangerous 45

Repentant Forger
    "The Repentant Forger" card - drawn only in Prison

Sardonic Music-Hall Singer
    "Will she remember you?" from the "An Old Acquaintance?" card - requires Persuasive 105
    "Invite the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer out for an evening's dancing" - available with the Bag a Legend! Ambition
    "Delay the music-hall singer until the ship sails" during the "Case of the Absconding devil" - started in Ladybones Road
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-04 at 04:50 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigh, I was so happy that I was getting to move forward in my ambition, but now I'm done at the Monastery and back on the streets of FL to hunt the sisters, only to find out that I have to do some really annoying grinding(worst of all, I don't even know where to go for that stuff anymore) Just to get to fight one of them! I need: 2 comprehensive Bribes and 2 Legal documents, and that's just because I happen to have 10 Thirsty Bombazine scraps and an Identity uncovered already. The other option is even worse, requiring: 1x Favor In high places, 1x Legal Documents 1x Night on the town and 1x Cellar of wine(which I have) and Identity uncovered. Bah Humbug!

On the plus side, I appreciate the tip on the Zee Stories, somehow I missed them being able to be used to get partial maps, that'll be great, I need the partials to make the left half of the map of polythreme :)

Speaking of Polythreme, will I actually be able to go there once I have the map? I can't remember if it had even been added by the time I left. What about the other options I noticed? Are they ever going to add them?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh, I was so happy that I was getting to move forward in my ambition, but now I'm done at the Monastery and back on the streets of FL to hunt the sisters, only to find out that I have to do some really annoying grinding(worst of all, I don't even know where to go for that stuff anymore) Just to get to fight one of them! I need: 2 comprehensive Bribes and 2 Legal documents, and that's just because I happen to have 10 Thirsty Bombazine scraps and an Identity uncovered already. The other option is even worse, requiring: 1x Favor In high places, 1x Legal Documents 1x Night on the town and 1x Cellar of wine(which I have) and Identity uncovered. Bah Humbug!
    Unfurtunately gating content via required items is the only way to make it last for a bit...

What is your Profession BTW? All of them pay in items, sometimes rather nicely.

Speaking of Polythreme, will I actually be able to go there once I have the map? I can't remember if it had even been added by the time I left. What about the other options I noticed? Are they ever going to add them?
    You can get there even without the map - there is an option for it in Wolfstack - but to zail to Polythreme in your own ship, you need to complete the Screaming map. As for the rest, they are - but when... Back in October they've announced all of the Ambitions will be updated - and while Bag a Legend and Nemesis went smoothly, soon it will be almost half a year since nothing more happened with that, making Light Fingers and Heart's Desire players rather sad...

19. - Top - End - #139

Yes, with the map, you can go to Polythreme. The other options presumably will be added at some point (they've continued the Revolutionary Firebrand, Secular Missionary, and Clathermont's Tattoo Parlor off the top of my head from once unfinished stories). They may have added other locations since you played last as well (I know they changed the Forgotten Quarter).

I'm afraid the grind is inevitable.

You can get Legal Documents on Wilmot's End with Dramatic Tension 2 from Playing the Game on Wilmot's End, or from Baseborn and Fowlingpence (Bazaar Sidestreets) for 6 Aelonian Screams, 30 Correspondence Plaques, and 300 maniac prayers.

The only repeatable way to get Comprehensive Brides is from the Horse and Steak Club (Bazaar Sidestreets) which costs 6/30/300 Touching Love Stories/Visions from the Surface/Romantic Notions.
    Last edited by rweird; 2015-05-04 at 05:44 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Unfurtunately gating content via required items is the only way to make it last for a bit...

What is your Profession BTW? All of them pay in items, sometimes rather nicely.

You can get there even without the map - there is an option for it in Wolfstack - but to zail to Polythreme in your own ship, you need to complete the Screaming map. As for the rest, they are - but when... Back in October they've announced all of the Ambitions will be updated - and while Bag a Legend and Nemesis went smoothly, soon it will be almost half a year since nothing more happened with that, making Light Fingers and Heart's Desire players rather sad...
    I have no profession, I've seen a few cards with the option, but I'm pretty sure they were locked or just not something I particularly wanted as a profession.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Not always. The ways to unlock them are:
    Alright thanks.. guess some grinding is in order.
    Ohh.. and also.. does requirements for drawing a specific card take the bonus from wearing items into account?

How about profession, is it something that should be changed each time there is an opportunity for it?
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2015-05-04 at 06:48 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no profession, I've seen a few cards with the option, but I'm pretty sure they were locked or just not something I particularly wanted as a profession.
    You could pick one depending on their pay and work towards that. There is really no reason not to have a Profession at all - (almost) free items are (almost) free items...

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Now about profession, is it something that should be changed each time there is an opportunity for it?
    Each of the 4 basic professions will grant you a substantial boost to one of your stats every week (as long as they're below 71) - you should stay in one of those until you reach the cap, and switch to the next one. Once all of your stats are 71+, choose something else. Changing it is really a matter of choice.

Ohh.. and also.. does requirements for drawing a specific card take the bonus from wearing items into account?
    Yes. Barring few specific things, the game takes into account your modified stats.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-04 at 06:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

What about the Plant storyline? I went to click on it and clicked "Find me a contact" and it said there were no qualifying contacts. Is the "Attending to a needs of a Singular Plant" no longer a thing?
    As luck would have it I am back to stage 1, so I sent you a challenge.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    As luck would have it I am back to stage 1, so I sent you a challenge.
    You rock m'man!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I just went mad while trying to solve the mystery of the haunted marsh house and failed. Got some ideas about the solution, though, and one can try again from the beginning. Quite a nice story, though I recommend reducing nightmares to 0 before trying, even with high stats.

Bloody Cosmogone.
    Darn, that's tempting.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

You could pick one depending on their pay and work towards that. There is really no reason not to have a Profession at all - (almost) free items are (almost) free items...
    Oh yeah, right now im an enquirer, but has seen some other profeesions and were wondering about working towards one of them.

But thanks for the advice, i will make it my first priority to grind all my skills up to 70 then..

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

I need to farm some connected: Revolutionaries and Criminals. any advice?

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Revolutionaries: do public lectures in the Forgotten Quarter ("Reaping the academic benefits"; will also boost Society and Bohemian)
    Criminals: Pass on information to a colleague in the Flit ("Sell information" - requires Casing 4+; will help in levelling Shadowy)

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    I need to farm some connected: Revolutionaries and Criminals. any advice?
    The Smoky Tophouse's (I don't quite remember the last word) non certifiable scrap option gives 10 CP of both (Something about protecting someone from Jack). An open lecture (on the correspondence) in the Forgotten Quarter gives 10 CP of revolutionaries, society, and bohemians, but gives a CP of suspicion.

Passing information to a colleague (casing 4+, in the Flit) gives 10 CP (up to 50 connected), but decreases casing. Ms Plenty's carnival has a way to get all connections reliably up to 10 (excepts for the Masters). Criminals is one of the hard ones to grind.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for the advice guys, forgot all about the forgotten quarter since i can't afford the cinder.

Also, just got my little plant into the tournament of lilies, so if anybody wants to challange me, i would love it.

One more question, is it better to have the keys to every types of housing, just for the different cards?

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.