New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

The cave is one of the new things, and very interesting… although creepy. Had been a great way to get money, but that part was nerfed. Go and explore. Enjoy it… before you forget.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    So, best ways to get magnificant diamonds?
    I'm not sure I'd call any of them "best". Changing your profession to a Murderer guarantees you'll get the diamond, but it will take time (and requires drawing the "An unsigned message" card). Otherwise, unless you happen to get the "Implausible Penance" card and have Connected: Criminals 30 for the Pugilism and Politics option (be sure to beat up the minister) you can either buy low-quality diamonds and hope for good fortune or do expeditions in the Forgotten Quarter and hope for good fortune...

And hoping for good fortune when the RNG is involved is somewhat naive...

Also, Which proffesion should i change to? what's the best one to use for now?
    Author has a rather useful pay - though you should pick something you like and go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I'm in the Sea of Voices, I've just left the island there, should I go to Polythreme or are there particular things I should bring there?
    An Exceptional Hat. IIRC, the Bazaar is available there, so you can buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    An Exceptional Hat. IIRC, the Bazaar is available there, so you can buy it.
    According to the wiki the Bazaar is not available in Polythreme. I'll come back later.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm trying to decide if I should sell off most of my Primaeval Hints gained from the Fidgeting Writer or not. I don't know of a use for them after getting both the ravens, and even keeping another one in case my character has a change of heart and needs to get back in the good graces of the Bohemians after becoming a Celestial, there's three I could sell off and rake in some cash. But I don't know of a reliable source for them.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Plerumque View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I should sell off most of my Primaeval Hints gained from the Fidgeting Writer or not. I don't know of a use for them after getting both the ravens, and even keeping another one in case my character has a change of heart and needs to get back in the good graces of the Bohemians after becoming a Celestial, there's three I could sell off and rake in some cash. But I don't know of a reliable source for them.
    You can trade in seven Antique Mysteries for a Primeval Hint, and can go Jade Fragments-> Relics of the Third City->Mysteries of the Elder Continent->Pysbeteriate (sp?) Passphrases->Antique Mysteries. It can take a while, but they are easier to acquire. You can get 5 Antique Mysteries from a Trade Secret (gainable from four Professional Perks, assuming you have a Notable Profession). Still, if you try to make them that way, it'd be a net loss (7 antique mysteries are worth 87.5 echoes, so if you want one and have sold it, getting it back would cost 25 echoes per, and a bunch of actions). Then again, you also can get them from the Fidgeting Writer.

As they currently don't have many uses, selling them wouldn't be a "You Fool What Have You Done?" thing, but I'd save them just in case unless you want to buy something right then and need to sell them to afford it (I try to keep my wealth in non-echo currency, as converting too echoes is quick, and from echoes slow and costly).

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, this is going to be one heck of a boring grind for expedition supplies. Going to be going back and forth between raising connections with the Docks, and then using those connections for supplies ^^

Edit: Oh how I wish I could double post so I could possibly get a response to something that just came up.

So I finally decided to visit ALL of the places in Fallen London so I could figure out what to do next with the Jack of Smiles case. Found out that it continued in Ladybones Road and I have now reached a crossroads for it. Choice A is just more detective work. Cool and all, BUT then there is option B: Become Jack of Smiles himself. It costs 10 fate to play and I have 11.

Normally I scoff at the fate options simply because I am dirt dirt poor(I am white trashes white trash quite frankly), but the Jack of Smiles case is the second of the two things I'm most passionate about in Fallen London(The #1 being Mr Eaten which is currently locked), and since I have the fate, I am terribly tempted to do so. Has anyone else done this and found it to be thoroughly interesting/enjoyable?
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-07 at 01:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    The cave is one of the new things, and very interesting… although creepy. Had been a great way to get money, but that part was nerfed. Go and explore. Enjoy it… before you forget.
    Yeah. Shame, too. I really enjoyed walking away with 600+ echoes for 10 or so actions invested.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Edit: Oh how I wish I could double post so I could possibly get a response to something that just came up.
    You can always choose to delete the old post (it is an option while editing) and post a new one. Can't help with the actual issue since I played the non-fate path.

Oh, and I'm afraid I can't accept the tournament challange - both you and Zaydos sent me one while I was sleeping, but his was the first.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Man, this is going to be one heck of a boring grind for expedition supplies. Going to be going back and forth between raising connections with the Docks, and then using those connections for supplies ^^
    I did that. But now I prefer just grinding for whispered secrets to buy supplies with. Useful for the Cat & Mouse thing too.
    Last edited by Salbazier; 2015-05-07 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Having certain needs

There are things that people do. Often to each other. Particular things. Things that other people pretend not to want to know about, but probably do. These things are observed, and notes are made. He wanted scandal? This stuff will probably melt the printing press.
    Bwahahaha! the writhing continues to impress :P

I did that. But now I prefer just grinding for whispered secrets to buy supplies with. Useful for the Cat & Mouse thing too.
    I was lucky and got a butload of secrets from my profession, enough to fund my very first expedition where i got lucky and found a fortune in diamond and gems.
    Have trouble now finding places that give a decent amouth of secrets, most of my challenges pays in cryptic clues, and its hard to figure out if its worth paying for supplies in appaling secrets instead.

Anyway, also got to the point where the nusmatixwant you to pick a side, are you closing any noteworthy numbers of doors there if you do?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #191

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I was lucky and got a butload of secrets from my profession, enough to fund my very first expedition where i got lucky and found a fortune in diamond and gems.
    Have trouble now finding places that give a decent amouth of secrets, most of my challenges pays in cryptic clues, and its hard to figure out if its worth paying for supplies in appaling secrets instead.
    I use the 'Strange Light in The Forgotten Quarter' in ladybones to grind WS. Gives out decent amount (single digit to 100) without risk of menace.
    Last edited by Salbazier; 2015-05-07 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Bwahahaha! the writhing continues to impress :P
    That typo, though.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Argh, I am now torn between 3 different storylines, all of which I'm interested in. I could do the Expedition for the Nadir, which means I'll need to grind out excessive Docks connection or Whispered Secrets for 60+ expedition supplies(the wiki advised that), I can continue on the Jack of Smiles case(no idea how expensive that might get, for now I"m still debating on the Fate option), or I can continue with the "Survivor of the Affair of the Box" storyline, which requires me to get 10 mourning candles, which means I first have to grind out a level 40 "Kingmaker Empire" or whatever it is just so I can cash in 13 Boxfuls of Intrigue TWICE for the mourning candles(7 each once I have the Kingmaker Empire trait at 40).

Choices, Choices, which to do!?!?! It's driving me insane(but in a good way!). Glad I came back I'm quite enjoying myself, and I'm recovering more and more memories of the game(and the beginning parts are being filled in by my alt account).

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    I use the 'Strange Light in The Forgotten Quarter' in ladybones to grind WS. Gives out decent amount (single digit to 100) without risk of menace.
    Sadly, unless you meant a different area, this appears to be an option you can eventually be locked out of, I went through ALL my options in Ladybones road, there is no "Strange Light in The Forgotten Quarters" ><

Edit: So, apparently I can go to Mahogany Hall(this is for anyone else that needs to farm WS) and farm Deep Amber by helping Frank and Jasper set fires, then trade 1k Deep Amber to the Tiger Keeper in the First coil for 1k Whispered Secrets. Then it's 200 WS for 2 expedition supplies(or 1 supply and 1 map fragment, which I at first thought was the common success considering I got it twice in a row, but has since revealed itself to be the rare reward as I've gotten 2 supplies every time since, which I actually prefer). Currently at 36 Supplies, so I'm going to need roughly 3k more WS, so I can safely say goodbye to about 50 more actions roughly, but hey, that's not to bad, much quicker then grinding out my Kingmaker quality.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-08 at 12:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194

I can continue on the Jack of Smiles case(no idea how expensive that might get, for now I"m still debating on the Fate option).
    The Fate option gives some additional opportunity cards through which you progress the Jack-of-Smiles case. I liked them, but there is another Fate-locked option later in the storyline (with the same cost) which might be more interesting for you.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

So, wanted to give a quick tip for the next person that decides they want to do an expedition in the forgotten quarter. Don't farm Secrets, go to Watchmakers hill and as long as you have a high enough Dangerous do the ring fights for Rostygold. First one I did gave me 750, second one gave me 1k+. It costs 5 actions, but in those 10 actions I made nearly enough rostygold to double what I would have made in deep amber in Mahogany Hall, and the Tiger Keeper trades 1100 secrets for 1k rostygold, same as he does for deep amber. I'm now just waiting on the actions to trade the Secrets in for Expedition supplies now. Huzzah!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

So, wanted to give a quick tip for the next person that decides they want to do an expedition in the forgotten quarter. Don't farm Secrets, go to Watchmakers hill and as long as you have a high enough Dangerous do the ring fights for Rostygold. First one I did gave me 750, second one gave me 1k+. It costs 5 actions, but in those 10 actions I made nearly enough rostygold to double what I would have made in deep amber in Mahogany Hall, and the Tiger Keeper trades 1100 secrets for 1k rostygold, same as he does for deep amber. I'm now just waiting on the actions to trade the Secrets in for Expedition supplies now. Huzzah!
    One thing to keep in mind is that the option you mention is very random and can give you as little as 100 Rostygold. On avarage, it will be close to getting the Amber in Mahogany - with some luck it will be better, with a lack of luck it will be worse.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that the option you mention is very random and can give you as little as 100 Rostygold. On avarage, it will be close to getting the Amber in Mahogany - with some luck it will be better, with a lack of luck it will be worse.
    Ooooh, I didn't know that it was "That" random. What I read said it was a minimum payout of 500 with some randomness in the up direction. I basically got really lucky then ^^ That works, lol.

18. - Top - End - #198

No, it's an average of 500 rostygold. I think the distribution is something like 100-1000.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, I wonder when the new storylines will come out. In the meantime, I'm just doing the conversion cycle to keep my Making Waves up (I've got Notability back to 7!) and have released who knows how many hundreds of Brilliant Souls. And occasionally going into the Nadir to try and grab more Airag for M_____'s B____, because who wouldn't want some of that?
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, i missed that it could apperently go really high there because i purchased a permanent route to the forgotten quarter.

Thanks
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Hm, I wonder when the new storylines will come out. In the meantime, I'm just doing the conversion cycle to keep my Making Waves up (I've got Notability back to 7!) and have released who knows how many hundreds of Brilliant Souls. And occasionally going into the Nadir to try and grab more Airag for M_____'s B____, because who wouldn't want some of that?
    I have all the ingredients for M's Bd, but I haven't drawn the Somelier in ages. I'm also sort of half-heartedly grinding secrets for the Theorem. Up to 24 Enigmata now.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

So, apparently I never did an expedition before I left the game, which means I can't do the expedition to the Cave of Nadir until my Archaeologist level is 5, which means all that grinding I did for supplies was more or less just the tip of the iceberg, I'll be grinding rostygold and deep amber to trade for whispered secrets to get supplies for a loooonnngg time until I have enough to do the required expeditions to hit Arch 5 ><

Oh well, at least it's not totally worthless, getting 2k candles or jade fragments or whatever every time I do the Thiefs cache expedition which isn't to shabby.

Edit: On another note, what is the point of the "Touched by Fingerwork" quality? Mine is at 33 and it just keeps going higher every time I get that one card, but according to the one wiki I looked at, there is no point in it being higher then like 5.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-09 at 02:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I just entered the Tournament of Lilies as well- DemonicAngel, are you still looking for someone at Tournament level 1, or should I seek out someone else?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: On another note, what is the point of the "Touched by Fingerwork" quality? Mine is at 33 and it just keeps going higher every time I get that one card, but according to the one wiki I looked at, there is no point in it being higher then like 5.
    There isn't one yet. It will probably lead into a story eventually.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plerumque View Post
    I just entered the Tournament of Lilies as well- DemonicAngel, are you still looking for someone at Tournament level 1, or should I seek out someone else?
    I actually got demoted back to 1, so if you wish to send me a request, go for it!

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    There isn't one yet. It will probably lead into a story eventually.
    Various things increase it, although I haven't found that it has done much besides show how much you've interacted with mirrors, dreams and what lies beyond. They may give it a use eventually.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, ****. A misclick costed me my (almost) fully grown plant
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-11 at 06:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ah yes, that happend to me with my 12 level plant. it just sucks. they should have a confirmation pop up or something or something.

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    Ah yes, that happend to me with my 12 level plant. it just sucks. they should have a confirmation pop up or something or something.
    I did that too once. Its a rite of passage. The popup tool would be nice.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Zaydos, I sent you a Tournament of Lilies invite by accidentally pressing the enter key- if you'd like to accept the challenge, I'd be happy to oblige, but having not asked beforehand feel free to decline and I won't be offended.