New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: El Goonish Shive III - Totally Adorkable!

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    I think we have seen at least Sarah's dad once. I re-read the archive last spring and I recall thinking 'Oh! Didn't remember we had seen Mr Brown on panel'

Can't remember where that was though... Wait, maybe just before the Hammerchlorians arc, around when the earthquake woke up Sarah. I'm not very sure though, I could be wrong.
    He handed her the newspaper funnies, next to the obituaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    He handed her the newspaper funnies, next to the obituaries.
    Right, that was it!
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

And wow shots fired between Raven and Pandora. That last line really destroyed her.

I wonder, did she honestly never think about that? About what Blaike would of thought of her current state? Or did she not think that he would mind and Raven's insistence about it was what drove her to her current state.

Also not sure what direction Pandora is going to go now, is she going to fold like a house of cards and get more psychotic or is she actually going to try to help people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    ... not sure what direction Pandora is going to go now, is she going to fold like a house of cards and get more psychotic or is she actually going to try to help people?
    The worst thing she could do for the rest of the cast might be to respawn. Voltaire is still about and causing mischief, and will be a lot harder to stop if she ceases to oppose him. OTOH, losing a godlike friendly monster might be good for the plot as a whole.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2016-12-23 at 12:26 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Colossus in the Playground

Personally I'd rather she not respawn until after she fulfills her Vow to Sarah.

Also note that it's not like she can actually do much to help our heroes as is--guide and empower and she's basically already doing that.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Personally I'd rather she not respawn until after she fulfills her Vow to Sarah.

Also note that it's not like she can actually do much to help our heroes as is--guide and empower and she's basically already doing that.
    But if she actually starts trying to help effectively they would get a LOT more than that. She is already quite good at squirming around the rules.

She would basically be able to find out almost all information, she would instantly tell them who she had marked, she could help empower them all by a significant degree, inform Tedd of how his ability works/what it is.

She could do a lot.

7. - Top - End - #1207

But if she actually starts trying to help effectively they would get a LOT more than that. She is already quite good at squirming around the rules.

She would basically be able to find out almost all information, she would instantly tell them who she had marked, she could help empower them all by a significant degree, inform Tedd of how his ability works/what it is.

She could do a lot.
    I imagine that she's already empowered our main cast as far as she's willing, and your assuming she'd help with every little thing. It ain't like nu-jerry's around Susan every waking second, and he';s vowed to be her ally.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

I imagine that she's already empowered our main cast as far as she's willing, and your assuming she'd help with every little thing. It ain't like nu-jerry's around Susan every waking second, and he';s vowed to be her ally.
    No but Jerry clearly doesn't really want to help. I was assuming a full on "I will help the main cast" mode Pandora if she took Raven's "Help others" message to heart.

Why she would help the main cast and not say starving children elsewhere? No idea except starting with the idea of helping family more than others? /Shrug.

9. - Top - End - #1209

Okay, lets think about it logically... Let's also use "tell Tedd how his power works," and assuming that Box knows what his power is and how it works.

Tedd is a scientist. It's entirely possible that he'd rather figure it out on his own. I honestly doubt that Pandora is the type to rob someone she likes of their own fun, especially if watching them stumble is amusing to her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, lets think about it logically... Let's also use "tell Tedd how his power works," and assuming that Box knows what his power is and how it works.

Tedd is a scientist. It's entirely possible that he'd rather figure it out on his own. I honestly doubt that Pandora is the type to rob someone she likes of their own fun, especially if watching them stumble is amusing to her.
    Tedd has MAJOR identity issues and being able to be told that he IS actually a wizard (Probably according to Voice of Magic Wizard anyway) would be a major load off his shoulders.

I am not Tedd though but I don't think it's necessarily a good thing for Tedd to not know about it

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

I'd rather she not do it for quite a while.

She is limited to that with respect to mortals.

Pandora: I'll learn what happened, find out who this meddling immortal is (we know it's Voltaire)... And I will tear them to shreds.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2229

Emissary of Magic: That's ... allowed?

Pandora:Those laws protect mortals on the physical plane. With everything else I can be very direct.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2230

The forced respawning of Voltaire, no matter how badly he took it, would get him effectively out of the protagonist's hair for a couple of years at least.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Tedd has MAJOR identity issues and being able to be told that he IS actually a wizard (Probably according to Voice of Magic Wizard anyway) would be a major load off his shoulders.

I am not Tedd though but I don't think it's necessarily a good thing for Tedd to not know about it
    Completely honest, it become known what Tedd's exact powers are quickly... As Box said to Sarah, everything Tedd and his friends can do goes into an FBI file, and where their are government files, their are people willing to use that information to hurt/manipulate/other people.

So I could see Pandora just coming up and saying "Tedd, you're a Seer, a special kind of wizard" could result in more harm in the long run than Tedd figuring it out on his own.

Not to mention... Noriko left because Tedd didn't have magic... but turns out he does have magic. If Noriko finds out, somehow(considering that Tedd and his family are apparently really well known in the magical community...) It could result in her deciding that she wants back in... and that could break Tedd right now.

All of which are reasons that Tedd's Inanely protective Grand-Godmother might decide to let him figure it out on his own.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

You know I'm kinda surprised Pandora didn't mention that no one she marked should even have the power to threaten Noah. That would have really changed the course of that conversation.

Also for someone who claims to be bored because she predicts things too easily, she seems to end up surprised alot. I mean, at this point it seems to be more of an informed trait then anything else.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Also for someone who claims to be bored because she predicts things too easily, she seems to end up surprised alot. I mean, at this point it seems to be more of an informed trait then anything else.
    I take it to mean that Moperville and Tedd and co are more Chaotic than Chaos herself.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Family despite how much you know them, I find can surprise you constantly. I find it believable that one who can easily be unsurprised by the actions of people she doesn't know would be a surprised by the actions of her own family.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Family despite how much you know them, I find can surprise you constantly. I find it believable that one who can easily be unsurprised by the actions of people she doesn't know would be a surprised by the actions of her own family.
    I agree, but I think it's more than that. She's also tends to be surprised at the outcomes of her actions, which is consistent with someone's ego blinding themselves. Beyond that, she selfishly wants to be entertained, so she often doesn't take the effort to look at things at depth. It's no wonder that became boring. If she took the effort to study things in detail, she would probably learn a lot that she didn't already know, but she doesn't bother to do that.

In this case, I think it's the character that's flawed, not the writing.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Firbolg in the Playground

Backstory!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

18. - Top - End - #1218

So... If Noah's father was one of the Fanatics that created Damian to fulfill the prophecy, and the prophecy was specifically about a Master of Fire would unite the Chimera... does this mean that Noah's a second generation Chimera? Also I suppose it's possible that he's just a first generation Chimera and his father was an Uryuom, but I find that less likely.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So... If Noah's father was one of the Fanatics that created Damian to fulfill the prophecy, and the prophecy was specifically about a Master of Fire would unite the Chimera... does this mean that Noah's a second generation Chimera? Also I suppose it's possible that he's just a first generation Chimera and his father was an Uryuom, but I find that less likely.
    His shadow form has what appears to be the Chimera head tendrils so I am guessing that he is some form of Chimera.

20. - Top - End - #1220

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    His shadow form has what appears to be the Chimera head tendrils so I am guessing that he is some form of Chimera.
    That's not in question. It's not confirmed but it's pretty obvious that he's a Chimera. The question is if he's first or second generation, based on his father having been one of the fanatics who created Damian.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Am I the only person whose first impression of the scene wasn't a tree, but a giant crack running through the background?

22. - Top - End - #1222

Oh... this is gonna be good.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oh... this is gonna be good.
    I wonder if this will finally be the impetus for her to reset. The one-two punch of Raven's call-out and Tedd's reaction might be enough. And, conveniently, making way for Voltaire as the immortal villain-in-residence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    I wonder if this will finally be the impetus for her to reset. The one-two punch of Raven's call-out and Tedd's reaction might be enough. And, conveniently, making way for Voltaire as the immortal villain-in-residence.
    Hopefully not. Pandora is a more valuable ally as she is, and to be honest I can see more story opportunities coming from current Pandora than post reset box. Besides, it's easier to contrive ways to keep Pandora from solving everything(she is not omniscient, this arc demonstrates, for one), than to contrive reasons for NuBox to show up when NuJerry already fills the role of Fresh Immortal allied to cast.

Besides, Box has sworn to mentor Sarah and insane wizard mentors are better than sane ones.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is Magus evil Elliot from another universe?

26. - Top - End - #1226

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkyl View Post
    Is Magus evil Elliot from another universe?
    He isn't evil, he's desperate. He might be homophobic, depending on how you interpret his "you sould so be a man in my universe" line, referring to Nanase, but he doesn't seem evil.

Other people have speculated that he might be his World's equivalent of Elliot, based on the fact that his wizard duel opponent who led to this mishap looking like a fem-Tedd.

Anyway, I've concluded that Seers like Tedd are magics way of making sure that people can learn it again when it's ready, after magic takes it's ball and goes home.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-01-11 at 11:13 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Anyway, I've concluded that Seers like Tedd are magics way of making sure that people can learn it again when it's ready, after magic takes it's ball and goes home.
    Yea, I made the same theory a while ago when it was revealed that there was a type of wizard that wouldn't loose their powers when magic reset.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Yea, I made the same theory a while ago when it was revealed that there was a type of wizard that wouldn't loose their powers when magic reset.
    Well, it's pretty obvious now. Although the name "seer" makes me wonder if he hasn't got other powers we haven't seen yet. I mean, in archaic terms seer simply means "someone who sees a specific thing," which Tedd and,presumably people like him, fit under but more (relatively) recently it tends to refer to someone who is has clairvoyance and/or precognition--a scryer, an oracle, a prophet, a diviner.

And Tedd did have a dream that, seemingly, showed how he might become Lord Tedd...

Now, if he has a purpose, he's got to have some ability to access his power...

I hope Magic doesn't Reset, I really do. I'd really prefer it if all the growth in power that everyone who isn't Tedd or Grace has gotten since story start didn't go away.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I hope Magic doesn't Reset, I really do. I'd really prefer it if all the growth in power that everyone who isn't Tedd or Grace has gotten since story start didn't go away.
    Also, it would have a huge impact on Ted's dad. All of the sudden he would understand much less than Ted, at least with regard to some subjects. Also, the kids wouldn't have him and the other agents to bail them out of trouble or to clean up after their adventures anymore.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Also, it would have a huge impact on Ted's dad. All of the sudden he would understand much less than Ted, at least with regard to some subjects. Also, the kids wouldn't have him and the other agents to bail them out of trouble or to clean up after their adventures anymore.
    Well, I imagine the department would still exist on the grounds that Aliens and Immortals are demonstrably a thing, and at the very least the Uryuom's magic wouldn't have changed much if at all, so there's that.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks