Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread #3)

Wow... I go away for a couple of days... and well... the methaphorical fecal mater meets the metaphorical rotator at an oblique angle.
    So after my pc blowing up, getting new job, moving out, getting some new internet and a new computer I'm back in the saddle. It took a while.

All hail Kymme for making my av.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

I want to reiterate that I haven't destroyed anything except for the land right outside the city. I just didn't like the fact that Hlo just started to make the Lizardfolk and such more lazy (with L_A helping to keep them going) and actually had things near him that were like him instead of using the Collective feature to its logical conclusion. Grenzo started combat because that's his divine spark and he wanted to pull the cruelest joke of all on Ignus.

Edit: Plus I'm Chaotic Evil. I had to do something mean at some point.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2015-05-01 at 11:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    I want to reiterate that I haven't destroyed anything except for the land right outside the city. I just didn't like the fact that Hlo just started to make the Lizardfolk and such more lazy (with L_A helping to keep them going) and actually had things near him that were like him instead of using the Collective feature to its logical conclusion. Grenzo started combat because that's his divine spark and he wanted to pull the cruelest joke of all on Ignus.

Edit: Plus I'm Chaotic Evil. I had to do something mean at some point.
    Cant please everyone. Meh... Let us continue. Since she's so adamant on quitting... I say you make a post on Grenzo utterly destroying Ignus, maybe even steal one of her domains.

Edit: In other words... The Show must go on!
    Last edited by Hatter; 2015-05-01 at 12:07 PM.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

I was going to give her more or less 24 hours to respond before I did anything like assuming she quit. I understand people gotta do other things (like I get to fix a leaking sink and get some sleep in before working some more). If no response then I was going to put forth the RP requirement "You are forever banished from Stoxia. You can't check on it or anything like that."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Cant please everyone. Meh... Let us continue. Since she's so adamant on quitting... I say you make a post on Grenzo utterly destroying Ignus, maybe even steal one of her domains.
    There's no reason to be too cruel... IRL at least. In the end, this is still a story about a woman who lost her daughter and is trying desperately to find who's responsible. Did she make all good choices? No. No one would in that situation, especially with the amount of misunderstanding and goading that was involved (whether on purpose or accidental).

If Ralasha is completely set upon quitting, I'd like to ask if it was okay for Kethneciel to step in. The death of so many in the Burning Lands (I think that still happened? maybe?) would draw his notice by the amount of souls suddenly appearing in his Judgment seat, and he would get the story from them. From that information, Kethneciel's ruling would be this: Ignus is acting on the whims of partisan emotion, which always drives people to foolish extremes (these are Kethneciel's words, not my RL opinion). However, her cause is just, and Kethneciel decided long ago not to interfere with the doings of the gods, so he would simply stay out of it...

...until Ignus lost/died, that is. Justice has not been served. Kethneciel would find Grenzo and take the most direct approach possible towards finding the child and her heart.

If everyone would rather drop the matter entirely, I understand; it got somewhat ugly both IC and OOC for a while there. The story of the lost heart of a goddess and the search to recover it seems like too good of a story hook to abandon to me, and... a child was tricked out of her heart and forced into a dark, horrible existence. If there is any Justice on this Playground, that needs to be rectified.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Justice?

We haven't even started. Grenzo managed to co-opt the spotlight, but you're forgetting that literal genocide just occurred to Pernieth's people, his Avatar was horrible maimed, and people under his direct protection were killed.

Pernieth is beyond anger. You want someone to talk to about Justice? Talk to the guy whose people were just vaporized. The only reason I haven't declared DC is that Grenzo is doing it, and Ralasha isn't responding.

Remember that Grenzo is doing this because he's a jerk and wants to rub it in Ignus' face. Pernieth just watched a great deal of his children brutally murdered.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-05-01 at 12:25 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

I hope you understand that I can't tell you where the heart is. Not only am I the God of Trickery (cruel as my joke is) but it's vital to seeing my own father awaken once again. That said there's nothing stopping me from teasing everyone.

On a somewhat related note: Can Avatars be recreated? I think it'd be interesting to basically kill off the one person that actually knows where the heart is but still need some means to interact with my father and creations.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

She resurrected everyone except for the sentient trees in her next post.

I think it would be best to simply wrap up this story arc and move on.

Wasnt trying to be cruel. I was just stating a matter of fact. Why should everyone else's fun be put on hold because someone wants to ragequit?

Just saying, lets put all of this behind us and move on.
    Currently Playing

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

She resurrected everyone except for the sentient trees in her next post.

I think it would be best to simply wrap up this story arc and move on.

Wasnt trying to be cruel. I was just stating a matter of fact. Why should everyone else's fun be put on hold because someone wants to ragequit?

Just saying, lets put all of this behind us and move on.
    I can't accept that IC. Pernieth will literally kill her if he's given the chance or if he isn't given sufficient reason not to. And once again, this is an important point in his character development. Last time something like this happened, another God died. (The Shepherd)

There's nothing that says other gods can't go on with their lives while we resolve this.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-05-01 at 12:33 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    I can't accept that IC. Pernieth will literally kill her if he's given the chance or if he isn't given sufficient reason not to. And once again, this is an important point in his character development. Last time something like this happened, another God died. (The Shepherd)

There's nothing that says other gods can't go on with their lives while we resolve this.
    I brought the trees back. Heck I negated everything after she already reincarnated everything (I was working on the post after she hit the red button but was busy doing other things like seeing if the older kid could hang out with a friend down the street).

Hence my decision to wait before I end it.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2015-05-01 at 12:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

I brought the trees back. Heck I negated everything after she already reincarnated everything (I was working on the post after she hit the red button but was busy doing other things like seeing if the older kid could hang out with a friend down the street).

Hence my decision to wait before I end it.
    Ohhhh... ok... I missed that one. Well shucks... everything is fine and dandy then.

Question is... what do we do now? Where do we go from here if a player drops out in the middle of our Divine Drama?

The only logical way of resolving this is Grenzo killing Ignus off... as far as I can tell... unless someone has a better way.
    Currently Playing

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

So what then? Hunt down genasi since their goddess isnt available for an appointment of retriburion?

Im curious to see how this would be resolved... Go after her daughter?
    Currently Playing

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Justice?

We haven't even started. Grenzo managed to co-opt the spotlight, but you're forgetting that literal genocide just occurred to Pernieth's people, his Avatar was horrible maimed, and people under his direct protection were killed.

Pernieth is beyond anger. You want someone to talk to about Justice? Talk to the guy whose people were just vaporized. The only reason I haven't declared DC is that Grenzo is doing it, and Ralasha isn't responding.

Remember that Grenzo is doing this because he's a jerk and wants to rub it in Ignus' face. Pernieth just watched a great deal of his children brutally murdered.
    You're right, which is part of the reason why I didn't want to have Kethneciel get into the affairs of the gods. I should have mentioned it in my first post, I'm sorry; but yes, Kethneciel would agree that Ignus should answer for her murder of every awakened tree in the Burning Lands. If she dies in her fight with Grenzo, he would say that she had paid the price for that genocide, though it would have been more fitting for her to pay it by Pernieth's hand instead of Grenzo's. Since there wouldn't be any more conflicting Judgments, Kethneciel would feel free to pursue Ignus' side afterwards.

Pernieth is more than free to disagree with Kethneciel's opinion, of course. I make no claims to being perfect in my judgments, which means Kethneciel is necessarily flawed as well.

I hope you understand that I can't tell you where the heart is. Not only am I the God of Trickery (cruel as my joke is) but it's vital to seeing my own father awaken once again. That said there's nothing stopping me from teasing everyone.

On a somewhat related note: Can Avatars be recreated? I think it'd be interesting to basically kill off the one person that actually knows where the heart is but still need some means to interact with my father and creations.
    Oh, I completely understand, and in fact I kind of expected that Grenzo wouldn't. It would just be the first and most direct step that Kethneciel would take, before he started using more roundabout methods.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

I was just going to leave her burnt remains and say my line about how she can't see her daughter. If she for real quits then I'll grab the battle artifacts and maybe rework them to fit mine form (or use them as fuel for the fire)... Maybe have Hlo help keep the balance in the jungles of the Burning Lands.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'd say wait before doing anything. I will PM Rashala and see if she will confirm if she is dropping out, or if she has reconsidered. After that, well... we'll see.

So what then? Hunt down genasi since their goddess isnt available for an appointment of retriburion?

Oh by all means, please do....
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

I was just going to leave her burnt remains and say my line about how she can't see her daughter. If she for real quits then I'll grab the battle artifacts and maybe rework them to fit mine form (or use them as fuel for the fire)... Maybe have Hlo help keep the balance in the jungles of the Burning Lands.
    Give them to Ahn! Lol
    Currently Playing

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Possibly, though that would be largely out of character for Pernieth, as the daughter had nothing to do with the loss of his people, other than she made Ignus all batty, which is hardly cause.

Now, the person that robbed Pernieth of his vengeance by stealing it over a petty trick...

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Possibly, though that would be largely out of character for Pernieth, as the daughter had nothing to do with the loss of his people, other than she made Ignus all batty, which is hardly cause.

Now, the person that robbed Pernieth of his vengeance by stealing it over a petty trick...
    Run Grenzo! Run!
    Currently Playing

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Once the situation with Rashala is cleared, I will announce which races are now Orphaned and whats up for grabs.

That being said, I'm considering opening a new recruitment thread next week to try and inject some new blood into the game. We have reached the 14th week and soon will pass the half-mark. Our aim is to reach the 36th week, a target which has only ever been achieved twice.

However to do so, we'd need to have a "Story thus far". This isn't something that I can do alone, therefore I think that the best way to deal with this is to get everyone to help.

Therefore, which are the defining moments in the Playground's history? If we could come up with a list of key important events, we could use that. Meanwhile I will continue to work on the Wiki.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Once the situation with Rashala is cleared, I will announce which races are now Orphaned and whats up for grabs.

That being said, I'm considering opening a new recruitment thread next week to try and inject some new blood into the game. We have reached the 14th week and soon will pass the half-mark. Our aim is to reach the 36th week, a target which has only ever been achieved twice.

However to do so, we'd need to have a "Story thus far". This isn't something that I can do alone, therefore I think that the best way to deal with this is to get everyone to help.

Therefore, which are the defining moments in the Playground's history? If we could come up with a list of key important events, we could use that. Meanwhile I will continue to work on the Wiki.
    Lets see... well...

Creation, War and Sinking of Purity.

Imprisonment of Bahamut and Tiamat.

Death of Zalsaram and the gods attempting to recreate him.

Formation of various new nations and empires.

Invasion of southern Demiourgia.

Various new deities.

Formation of Sin, Law, goodly protectio and Chaos Pantheons.

Undead attempting to migrate.

The Burning Lands Incident.

I think that about sums it up without going into detail.... If you want... Im bored enough and I could just kinda work through the IC and try to cook something up. Might take a minute. Might even be next thursday or friday before it's finished... thats a lot of posts to go through.
    Currently Playing

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, if anyone feels like writing something up, then they are more than welcomed. I managed to write stuff up for the first four weeks (including week 0) before giving up, so anyone is free to use what I've written.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if anyone feels like writing something up, then they are more than welcomed. I managed to write stuff up for the first four weeks (including week 0) before giving up, so anyone is free to use what I've written.
    Send it to me so I have something to work off of? It would at least give me the first 4 and I can work from there.

If anything I might have to start running it around the time that I started since there's so much mossing from the Sheperd before I started.
    Currently Playing

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Its always on the third post of every OOC thread.

As for the Shephard, well... he didn't do that much before he dropped out. Created animals, a lake called the Font in Demiourgia which serves as entrance to his plane, and he created Humans and the First Nation. The way I see it, the First Nation is generally assumed to be this legendary city which has faded into history. Something like Atlantis or El Dorado.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Is that the type of format we are going with? I was considering something a little on the stylized story type?
    Currently Playing

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Its always on the third post of every OOC thread.

As for the Shephard, well... he didn't do that much before he dropped out. Created animals, a lake called the Font in Demiourgia which serves as entrance to his plane, and he created Humans and the First Nation. The way I see it, the First Nation is generally assumed to be this legendary city which has faded into history. Something like Atlantis or El Dorado.
    I still have his skull :D its in my chest of things from other gods.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Is that the type of format we are going with? I was considering something a little on the stylized story type?
    Feel free to use what ever format you think works best.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Grenzo was upset too. His divine spark was harmed in the rashness (or if that isn't good enough then 3 of his 6 brothers/sisters in sin (Greed from Neiag, Sloth from Hlo, and possibly Envy from Ahn)) and he spent some of his divine energy fixing said rashness. He went into combat then and there because IC the timing seemed perfect (she just committed genocide, let's add some more fuel to the fire!). OOC if I waited to finish with my own current plans the Burning Lands and Hlo would've probably just been shunted to the Underplayground or something since I didn't post for two hours.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Ahn had no stake in the Burning Lands. He had never been there.
    Currently Playing

29. - Top - End - #329
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sorry about the veritable 'melodrama'. I'm not leaving, but I am taking a break for a bit. As Shmee knows.

Too much stress is bad.

I can honestly say, I think I know why some people take forever between posts. It's never good to do anything when you're feeling blech, with a mix of exhausted, agitated, stressed, anxious and irritable.

Invariably, at least some of it will leak into the character. I'll resolve my combat rolls, and then I'm absent for a few days while I try to cope with double double shifts alongside a third job... and cramps the like I've never had before.

No claiming things yet. I'll probably post next combat roll tomorrow, or sunday. This means Hemeliosa will be inactive as well.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Sorry about the veritable 'melodrama'. I'm not leaving, but I am taking a break for a bit. As Shmee knows.

Too much stress is bad.

I can honestly say, I think I know why some people take forever between posts. It's never good to do anything when you're feeling blech, with a mix of exhausted, agitated, stressed, anxious and irritable.

Invariably, at least some of it will leak into the character. I'll resolve my combat rolls, and then I'm absent for a few days while I try to cope with double double shifts alongside a third job... and cramps the like I've never had before.

No claiming things yet. I'll probably post next combat roll tomorrow, or sunday. This means Hemeliosa will be inactive as well.
    *snaps fingers* Guess I'll put my flags away for now. No Celestia for you, Ulvin...lol

Seriously though. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Be careful with the overworking thing. Been there, itll bleed into more than just a game if you let it and quite frankly, thats hard to prevent when you're running on fumes for sleep.

Be careful Ralasha. The money is good but it aint worth killing yourself over.
    Currently Playing