Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread #3)

I was going to take orcs and throw fungi on them, making them even more like Warhammer Orcs.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    That needs to be remedied.... LET THERE BE LIFE!!!!

and civilization.. yeah.. though not as much as Demiourgia. ..
    I had originally created Stoixia so that alts could have some room of their own. However Demiourgia has always been the most popular place for gods to place their stuff.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    I had originally created Stoixia so that alts could have some room of their own. However Demiourgia has always been the most popular place for gods to place their stuff.
    Ill have to think of ways to tinker with Stoixia. A Norse Wonderland sounds good.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ill have to think of ways to tinker with Stoixia. A Norse Wonderland sounds good.
    We already have our Norse. They are in the Frozen North. Eventually Kryokoli will create the Ice Genasi. I'll have to see what type of exotic culture I shall base them off.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh I'm so excited. With no impetus, it's been easy to just leave the dryads and ents on their own, no need to advance them. Now, its almost time for some rapid evolutionary jumps. Trees are already right bastards when they want to be, with the whole fractal energy storage.

My favorite thing is that I'll get to revisit a part of ancient lore that has remained dormant for almost forever.

The First Tree itself, which is still very much alive and aware. I've always loved the idea of the very land itself rejecting an invader.

@Asmo - as we get closer, I'll start bothering you about e biology of giants. There's no tech on the first tree, everything is, and will be, very organic biology based weaponry and abilities. Which means I'll need to know about the specifics, so I can rightly tailor things.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

And with one swoop, Yhrzallus just went:
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MetaKnightFan View Post
    They once tried to say that to my god of Death. The first time they told him that, he almost threw the moon onto the world. Second time they told him that, he channeled the new sun's power to boil the world's oceans. Third time they told him that, he started the War of Souls. Fourth time they told him that, he defeated the Sun Pantheon and annihilated their combined forces. Fifth time they told him that he became an Over-Deity and transcended reality. When they will try to tell him that for a sixth time... he will kill the Original Creator, thus ushering the end of the world.

Playing the god of Death is always tricky and many times controversial. Most gods have their own ideas about the afterlife, so if the god of Death isn't careful, he may find himself very isolated. That's why when I played the god of Death, he ignored the afterlife. All my god of Death wanted was to spread death so that he can become more powerful.

I'd say the only domain which is more tricky to play than the Death domain is the Magic domain.

*Edit* That being said, I'm considering creating a Goblin nation. Why? Cause we need a pure Goblin nation. That, and I always have fun when ever I create one.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-04-24 at 04:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I did okay as Kereth, mostly because the afterlife wasn't a problem thing for him. He was more the god of souls than death anyways, and he was pretty neutral across the board in dealing with conflict.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

What, Dur'Kala isn't good enough for you?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    I think I did okay as Kereth, mostly because the afterlife wasn't a problem thing for him. He was more the god of souls than death anyways, and he was pretty neutral across the board in dealing with conflict.
    I think it had to do with the fact that people didn't really care enough to start conflicts in that particular LoC. The only thing that really stood out for me was the Great Seducing Vigilante trying to court the goddess of love... and the repeating nightmare that came as a result. I had not laughed that hard in a very long time.

Souls are always an easy target for conflicts, and to say the truth, I'm surprised that the gods of the Playground hadn't confronted Kyre sooner. The only ally he has at this point is Tiamat... and this is Tiamat we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    What, Dur'Kala isn't good enough for you?
    Its never enough! Also as per tradition my Goblins are so insane that they speak their own language which is gibberish. Not even the gods are able to fully understand my Goblins. Also they tend to build a Goblin Empire, get themselves into a lot of trouble and then they blow themselves up, while claiming victory.

In fact, in LoC: What Shall Be, the Pantheon of Sin had killed the Sun god and shrouded the planet in darkness. Meanwhile Draken and I had started the G.G. Wars (Goblin-Gnome Wars or Gnome-Goblin Wars, depending who you spoke to.) Naturally the technologically superior Gnomes had flying cities that would bombard the Goblin capital. Just as the Gnomes were entering the Goblin Capital, the Goblins nuked it.

Meanwhile, the Goblins had already evacuated and rebuilt their city, therefore they "won" as their capital never fell. Also the future Pantheon of the Sun saw the flash from the nuke and they got an inspiration for the new sun that they would eventually build. All the while the Goblins had their infamous battle cry "Attack to kill me!"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it had to do with the fact that people didn't really care enough to start conflicts in that particular LoC. The only thing that really stood out for me was the Great Seducing Vigilante trying to court the goddess of love... and the repeating nightmare that came as a result. I had not laughed that hard in a very long time.
    Yea, conflicts were rather small in terms of the divine. There was a great deal more in the way of mortal wars and death though. Lets be honest about something. Every time I have played with *Him*, I've ended up laughing at the ridiculousness, usually right before he quits. Honestly, the only reason I was in that conflict at all was that I knew he had 0% chance against your writing ability. It was more of a pity "ill take over here" than anything else. Which was EXCEEDINGLY out of character for Kereth, less out of character for me, because I enjoy making problems for myself.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-04-24 at 07:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

I'm trying to think what changes I should make to the Troll besides making them Neutral Evil instead of Chaotic Evil on average. I was considering if they should be more intelligent but I don't think it's necessary.

Edit: Sorry for not posting last couple of days IC, I've been a bit busy and having some writer's block. I'll definitely get something up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-24 at 07:20 PM.
    Spiffy new Bec Noir+Lil' Cal Avvie by RPGsr4me, thanks!
    Shockroach by Meirnon, and Glasya, Queen of Hell by Neoseph7
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

Glasya, Queen and Mistress of Hell
    Skeleton Bronze for Third Place in Skeleton ITP! and Hydralisk Bronze for Third in Zerg ITP

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Love what you did there! So in essence, the souls of worshippers now go directly to their deities and the others roam free?
    Currently Playing

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    I'm trying to think what changes I should make to the Troll besides making them Neutral Evil instead of Chaotic Evil on average. I was considering if they should be more intelligent but I don't think it's necessary.
    Is there a reason why Trolls should be Neutral Evil instead of Chaotic Evil? Also if you want, you could create two headed Trolls. The fact they have two heads makes them more intelligent?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

You could also have it be more tied to earth instead of moss. Possibly throw in a turn to stone in sun, something above lava blood or a fire spit to throw people off?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Love what you did there! So in essence, the souls of worshippers now go directly to their deities and the others roam free?
    That's basically it, yeah. Plus even if they die again, there's still Yhrzallus' nourishment on Reincarnation going on. So Kyre's grip on souls, at least for now, has been revoked.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Is there a reason why Trolls should be Neutral Evil instead of Chaotic Evil? Also if you want, you could create two headed Trolls. The fact they have two heads makes them more intelligent?
    Well, I was thinking it would be more fitting for what they would be created for and the god creating them. I'm actually considering making War Trolls first, and other kinds of trolls are altered (or degenerated) versions of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

Skeleton Bronze for Third Place in Skeleton ITP! and Hydralisk Bronze for Third in Zerg ITP

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

That's basically it, yeah. Plus even if they die again, there's still Yhrzallus' nourishment on Reincarnation going on. So Kyre's grip on souls, at least for now, has been revoked.
    That's totally sweet. I'm sure he'll come around and counter it here shortly. It'll take nothing short of the gods coming together and pooling a massive amount of AP into a nourishment to prevent him from countering it... Hell, probably be looking at the one time in history where all the gods get together and cooperate.
    Currently Playing

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Due to the new freedom of souls, Kethneciel has made his own claim to souls, in his own way.

EDIT: If I understand how your Reincarnation works, Meta, there's a little bit of a time lapse before a dead soul comes to life again, correct? If so, Kethneciel sends the souls to their afterlife for that interim.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2015-04-25 at 12:41 AM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Due to the new freedom of souls, Kethneciel has made his own claim to souls, in his own way.

EDIT: If I understand how your Reincarnation works, Meta, there's a little bit of a time lapse before a dead soul comes to life again, correct? If so, Kethneciel sends the souls to their afterlife for that interim.
    Do afterlife's (other than Kyre's or Eucle's) exist?
    So after my pc blowing up, getting new job, moving out, getting some new internet and a new computer I'm back in the saddle. It took a while.

All hail Kymme for making my av.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    I actually don't know. I essentially just made Kethneciel's afterlife (Judgment Seat and the Inevitable Engines). Basically, I'm having Kethneciel send the souls to their gods, and letting them sort out whatever afterlife they please.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, I was thinking it would be more fitting for what they would be created for and the god creating them. I'm actually considering making War Trolls first, and other kinds of trolls are altered (or degenerated) versions of them.
    Considering you can create 3 types of similar creatures in 1 action, you could have normal trolls, two headed trolls and then war trolls. So a bit of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Well with the release of souls, I suppose the Cosmic Mother will have to do something. The obvious solution would be to create a plane, but perhaps when you die you turn into a star and become part of the Cosmic Mother.

That way, mortals can have this talk.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-04-25 at 06:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Well Deadlykire's action stated souls go to their respective afterlives if they've been created/designated. The Belly of the Beast is the afterlife Yanegrish would have his followers go to.

Considering you can create 3 types of similar creatures in 1 action, you could have normal trolls, two headed trolls and then war trolls. So a bit of everything.
    True, but I was going to go with the create subrace action since I have an artifact for it and plans with my other 4AP.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-25 at 09:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

I was going to take the refugees to Stoixia but I suppose the burning lands would work.
    Currently Playing

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I left the souls of the Orphaned races which belong to the other divine lines. If I see that no one will do something with them, the Cosmic Mother will extent her protection over those too.

And now, the creatures of the Creation line can have this type of experience. (Also best Disney moment ever.)
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-04-25 at 12:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Did you also include members those races who would otherwise go to a different afterlife (which is to say, members of Creation derived Orphan races who worship gods with an afterlife, in the case of any following Yanegrish that would be the Belly of the Beast)
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Did you also include members those races who would otherwise go to a different afterlife (which is to say, members of Creation derived Orphan races who worship gods with an afterlife, in the case of any following Yanegrish that would be the Belly of the Beast)
    I'd say that if they worship another god to go to another afterlife, then I'd say no. They have made their choice, and the Cosmic Mother will respect that.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Barbazu (Bearded Devil)
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyton (Chain Devil)
    Spoiler
    Show

Gelugon (Ice Devil)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post

That's correct, Reincarnation simply avoids the souls from going into Erebus and staying there.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

So I'm going to make a couple more playable races sometime today when I get around to an IC post. I'd like some opinion on them:
    KIX (Orc + Fungus = WAAAGH)
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Mental. Kix are strong like Orcs and tough like trees yet suffer the same mental facilities of their Orc forebears.
    Type: Plant (Orc). Kix are the Plant type with the Orc subtype.
    Size: Medium. At 8 hit dice, the Kix grow in size to Large.
    Senses: Darkvision 60

Unyielding Form: Kix are notoriously hard to kill. They gain the Diehard feat, even if they don't meet the prerequisites.
    Blood Like Molasses: Kix's blood is nothing more than sap animating muscle. Whenever a Kix suffers bleed damage they suffer one point less, to a minimum of 0.
    Death Spore: When a Kix finally passes spores are released into the air in a twenty foot radius. These spores are poisonous to non-Plants, causing Sickness, then Nausea (both for 2d4 rounds) to those that linger a round after the Kix dies. The save DC for this effect is constitution based.

Powered by WAAGH: The fungi that animate the Kix serves as a conduit for collectives that they are a part of. Whenever a Kix is a part of a Collective (such as from the Tactician or Vitalist classes) or some other finite group of allies (such as a War Weaver's Eldritch Tapestry) they may alter their connection in one of three ways:
    treat any effect as Empowered,
    treat any effect as Extended, or
    treat themselves as half a member (rounding fractions up). Thus a collective from a Vitalist could have one Kix that empowers all effects, one that Extends all effects, and two Kix that together count as one member in the collective.

Vulnerable to Fire: Kix, like the fungi that animate them, are vulnerable to Fire and take half as much damage.
    Vulnerable to Mind Affecting Effects: Kix possess a simple brain that can still be influenced by effects that plants would be immune to. Fortunately they are humanoid enough that spells such as Enlarge Person effect Kix as if they were Humanoid still.

Favored Class: Barbarian, Tactician, or Vitalist. The Kix chooses one at first level, this choice may not be changed at a later date.

ROO (Aram + Earth = Statues)
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Ability Modifier: +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma. Roo are tough like stone yet strict isolationist.
    Type: Humanoid (Goblin)
    Size: Small
    Senses: Darkvision 120

Blood of Magma: Roo still share the fire that burn within Aram, tempered by the dark and heavy rock diet. Whenever a Roo suffers damage from a melee attack, the weapon suffers 1d4 fire damage that ignores hardness as long as it's non-magical.
    Teeth like Stone: Roo, more than any other goblinoid, have teeth that let them gnaw through metal with ease. They gain a bite attack that deals 1d6 damage for the typical Roo.

Inorganic Dependency: Roo's stomachs have been irrevocably altered. Unlike Aram that can survive on anything, Roo can only survive on a diet of earth and ethanol. Any day that a Roo doesn't satisfy this requirement the Roo begins to suffer the effects of starvation (or dehydration if they don't get liquored up).
    Immune to Alcohol: Roo don't get drunk. They don't have to worry about the ill effects of alcohol. Roo are immune to the Sickened condition and any effect that would cause the Nauseated condition instead causes the Sickened condition for its original duration.

Statues in the Light: Whenever a Roo is exposed to bright light (such as when Xirmr'z the Comet isn't out or a Daylight spell) they slowly turn to stone. For 1d4 rounds they are affected as if by a Slow spell after which their bodies turn to stone, as if by a Flesh to Stone spell. These effects last until the source of light stops shining upon the Roo, plus 2d10 rounds as their bodies break up and they get back to work.

Favored Class: Fighter?