Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread #3)

I'm planning on adding some of all those races to the Sovereignty (via tribes conquered on Demiourgia) except maybe Kobolds, I don't know if they live anywhere except the Challenge Mountains. I also don't know if Dwarves live in Southern Demiourgia, they seemed like they were pretty much Northern Demiourgia.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-28 at 02:25 PM.
    Spiffy new Bec Noir+Lil' Cal Avvie by RPGsr4me, thanks!
    Shockroach by Meirnon, and Glasya, Queen of Hell by Neoseph7
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

Glasya, Queen and Mistress of Hell
    Skeleton Bronze for Third Place in Skeleton ITP! and Hydralisk Bronze for Third in Zerg ITP

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As far as I know, the Kobolds mostly live underneath the Challenge Mountains. I'll have a number of them join the Dragonborn as a form of serf. Meanwhile the Yuan'ti, Naga and Lizardmen (the Venom Empire) are located in the Burning lands. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Dibs on the Venom Empire and Slavers? I'll get a post up today of Hlo contacting them and swinging them toward Sloth.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, you're right. Only find mention of them there.

Oh, and what happens with orphan races who are mostly in one organization that somebody grabs? Most/all Naga, Lizardfolk and Yuan-Ti are part of the Venom Empire in the Burning Lands.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

Skeleton Bronze for Third Place in Skeleton ITP! and Hydralisk Bronze for Third in Zerg ITP

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

If no one wants the web, I'll take it and start the conversion process to what I want.

Only if I can actually do that. If I can't change it, there's little point in taking it. Pernieth don't want no giant spider web.

Btw, over the next few days I will finalize Ents and Dryads to accompany the Trees.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Huh, you're right. Only find mention of them there.

Oh, and what happens with orphan races who are mostly in one organization that somebody grabs? Most/all Naga, Lizardfolk and Yuan-Ti are part of the Venom Empire in the Burning Lands.
    Orphaned races are up for grabs to everyone. No single god can claim monopoly on them. As for organizations, planes and artifacts, anyone claiming them are greatly encouraged to use them for plot devices. So for example... we have two gods who are interested in the Venom Empire? Why not have them splinter and fight a civil war? Stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    If no one wants the web, I'll take it and start the conversion process to what I want.

Only if I can actually do that. If I can't change it, there's little point in taking it. Pernieth don't want no giant spider web.

Btw, over the next few days I will finalize Ents and Dryads to accompany the Trees.
    Kind of defeats the Purpose of Claiming Neiag's web if its not going to be a plane of webs. Unless of course you have a plot hook or an event stored up by taking over this plane.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

We will work it out in game then. I'll start the conversion, the Soveriegn can come by and try to sway them to not be lazy. Gonna look for references now!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Shmee, Zalsaram still isn't properly alive, but with Gunhaven's having put Kryokoli's heart in Zalsaram's heart, could I now claim the use of the Heart of Zalsaram to perform Mold Land actions?

Edit:

War Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Sahuagin
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-28 at 04:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Once again, if you are going to use the artifact for an event or for a plot hook go ahead. If you just want to claim a free artifact, then I will prefer that someone else takes it.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Well I mean, mechanics wise I want to use it for mold land actions relating to the stuff we're doing with the resurrecting Zalsaram thing (I would have used it instead of the Cult of the Beast PAP in my latest post, for instance) and we are using it for an event/as a plot hook. Gunhaven just used Kyrokoli's heart to bring Zalsaram's heart back to life, and it's all part of the plot to bring Zalsaram back to life, and I'm not just trying to claim it solely for myself. I just want to use it for related mold land actions, since it's currently being unused and there's in-character reasons why it can be now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well I mean, mechanics wise I want to use it for mold land actions relating to the stuff we're doing with the resurrecting Zalsaram thing (I would have used it instead of the Cult of the Beast PAP in my latest post, for instance) and we are using it for an event/as a plot hook. Gunhaven just used Kyrokoli's heart to bring Zalsaram's heart back to life, and it's all part of the plot to bring Zalsaram back to life, and I'm not just trying to claim it solely for myself. I just want to use it for related mold land actions, since it's currently being unused and there's in-character reasons why it can be now.
    Fair enough. Sounds good to me. Perhaps we can do something with Kryokoli wanting to reclaim her heart somehow.

I'll get back to posting tomorrow, as I'm not only too drained to write something up today, but I'm preparing to run a Dark Ages Vampire game here on GitP, so I've got tons of reading to do before I open recruitment. Such is the life of a ST.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Alright. You can share artifacts right? I think it'd be cool if the Heart were available for everyone in the Cult of the Beast can use for Cult related land molding.

Oh also Rainshine, I assume the Sahuagin and the Cetaceans will come into conflict most likely (in fact, I sort of planned on it/hoped so, seems like it'd be cool if there was more stuff/interactions going on underwater)
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alright. You can share artifacts right? I think it'd be cool if the Heart were available for everyone in the Cult of the Beast can use for Cult related land molding.

Oh also Rainshine, I assume the Sahuagin and the Cetaceans will come into conflict most likely (in fact, I sort of planned on it/hoped so, seems like it'd be cool if there was more stuff/interactions going on underwater)
    You mean artifacts from deceased gods? I don't see a reason why it can't trade owners, once again as long as there is a good story behind it, and of course as long as both parties agree to it.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Firbolg in the Playground

Note: Ignus was talking to whoever made the plants awaken for her first sentence. Pernieth in this instance.

The Burning Legion has begun hunting and killing awakened plants, starting in the area around the city of Ravenglass. This is done through use of Detect Thoughts spells, and Searing Fire fire spells.

Searing Fire ignores resistance and half immunity.

They do so because they consider them a threat to all life on the island. Remember what happened in Purity? There were already Fire Genasi there by that time. Then again, aside from the Frozen North there are probably Fire Genasi everywhere.

Next: The Refugees are being rounded up and taken to the docks, their ship is being resupplied, repaired and restocked for the voyage north.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-04-28 at 08:25 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

You aren't rounding up anyone without doing it IC. That would be god modding Hatter's characters and mine.

You gotta come to that forest and do it IC with more than a "I kill all the trees" post, or the next post from me will be a 1 AP storm that kills your entire race. You are committing genocide right now. That carries more than a one off post.

I would also like to submit, for the jury, that attempting to massacre every living member of 3 seperate plant races constitutes and evil action, and thus violates Ignus' claims of being "good". I don't know if that carries any actual weight in terms of mechanics, but you can bet it'll be coming up in the IC.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-04-28 at 08:57 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Do you mean the island off of the southern coast of Demiourgia (which might be mostly uninhabited?) or the other island to the north of the Burning Lands (and not even that much farther north)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-28 at 08:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

17. - Top - End - #137

You aren't rounding up anyone without doing it IC. That would be god modding Hatter's characters and mine.

You gotta come to that forest and do it IC with more than a "I kill all the trees" post, or the next post from me will be a 1 AP storm that kills your entire race. You are committing genocide right now. That carries more than a one off post.
    It would be Genocide if there weren't living trees elsewhere, yes. Second, they are mortals, and not even marked mortals. Lets roll for combat then, yes?

Do you mean the island off of the southern coast of Demiourgia (which might be mostly uninhabited?) or the other island to the north of the Burning Lands (and not even that much farther north)
    The island north of The Burning Lands with no one living on it.

Demiourgia isn't north of the Burning Lands.

Stoixia is the name.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-04-28 at 08:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Who said that dryad is mortal? Assumptions abound today.

Dryads don't exist outside of heart trees. Which means that. Dryad can't have been there before the awakening unless it isn't a dryad at all.

So bring your MORTAL armies. My avatar is ready to lay absolute waste to them.

Also

Genocide: the systematic and deliberate killing of a group of people, particularly of a nation or race.

Nowhere does that definition mention other people.

Unless you're arguing that Hitler didn't commit genocide because there were Jews in America?
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-04-28 at 09:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, is it not on the map? The closest things generally north of the burning lands as seen on the map are Demiourgia (vaguely) and the island off it's southern coast, the Apex (which is inhabited ) and Stoixia, which I would characterize as a continent more than an island.

Edit: Right, I think you might have written/I might have read island instead of land or something. Yeah, Stoixia makes sense.

Oh, and who's doing the Orphaned Kings stuff? They might have some run-ins with the Sahuagin now too, which could be interesting.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-28 at 09:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been running our Orphaned Kings. Set the scene and I'll be there :)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm well, where are the Orphaned Kings most commonly in the ocean, if anywhere? The Sahuagin right now live mostly around areas of undersea volcanic activity, but their hunting territory is fairly expansive around those. They're a fairly primitive people at this point and Yanegrish isn't really bothering to give them much in the way of knowledge (he's a "helps those who help themselves" sort of god) so they might swim up to the ship thinking it might be something alive on the surface that they can eat, they might be after fish which might spend time gathering underneath them (especially if they're sitting still for awhile) and, once they figure out people live on them, they may or may not be interested in eating those people.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm well, where are the Orphaned Kings most commonly in the ocean, if anywhere? The Sahuagin right now live mostly around areas of undersea volcanic activity, but their hunting territory is fairly expansive around those. They're a fairly primitive people at this point and Yanegrish isn't really bothering to give them much in the way of knowledge (he's a "helps those who help themselves" sort of god) so they might swim up to the ship thinking it might be something alive on the surface that they can eat, they might be after fish which might spend time gathering underneath them (especially if they're sitting still for awhile) and, once they figure out people live on them, they may or may not be interested in eating those people.
    I have some of the Kings working as pirates out of Murkdeep. The position of the city on the map is wrong though. Its on the Reean Isles.
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

The others just roam the oceans, looking for adventure and treasure and whatever they can find. It's compeletely feasible to have one wander into their territory

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

All right, I'll get a post up soonish. Oh and, before I go back and check every post with the word "cetacea" in the IC thread, do you know if the Cetaceans are focused in one general area or if they're mostly all over the place. Being whales and dolphins and such I would sort of assume the latter but fantasy being fantasy they might be constrained to one sea or the other.

Oh and that reminds me, we should probably name the different parts of the ocean, even if it's all technically the one ocean (which I guess is just called Ocean?)
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

25. - Top - End - #145

Bah, leave the Burning Lands alone! I didn't go 'and now the First tree is on fire!'

But alright. I can do this.

As a point of contention: I don't mess with other peoples things, because I don't want others messing with my things. Like The Burning Lands.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-04-28 at 10:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

one of the biggest thing that ruins LoCs is people saying thing like "This is my land, and you can't play here cuz its mine." Nobody gets a free pass, not even me.

27. - Top - End - #147

one of the biggest thing that ruins LoCs is people saying thing like "This is my land, and you can't play here cuz its mine." Nobody gets a free pass, not even me.
    Oh, it's not that it's more... 'I'm not going to ruin your stuff, so please don't intentionally ruin mine'. To which you respond by kicking my sandcastle. You didn't plant a flag on it. You kicked it. Thanks.

All of the wood that was used to make things is now alive. So effectively, 'Your master craftsman can no longer craft anything needing wood. Enjoy.' Sandcastle now flattened. Not some trees. All trees. Extremes, rather than moderation. I was going to remove them, because now I can't even expand anything without killiing them. Great.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-04-28 at 10:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Oh, it's not that it's more... 'I'm not going to ruin your stuff, so please don't intentionally ruin mine'. To which you respond by kicking my sandcastle. You didn't plant a flag on it. You kicked it. Thanks.

All of the wood that was used to make things is now alive. So effectively, 'Your master craftsman can no longer craft anything needing wood. Enjoy.' Sandcastle now flattened. Not some trees. All trees. Extremes, rather than moderation. I was going to remove them, because now I can't even expand anything without killiing them. Great.
    If I understand correctly, they still can. The only thing is that now they would be highly encouraged to simply take what they need instead of in excess and also occasionally planting new trees.

If there was a complete ban on wood, every nation on Demiourgia would be screwed .
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are non-sentient trees; this was established a while ago. The creations of Pernieth may still take offense at utilizing those though, not for me to say.

Was that what the bit about the Hammerhead Reef was supposed to set up, or was that for someone else? They'd definitely run into each other; as you noted, vents tend to be rich waters for food. So far though, the sahuagin haven't done anything particularly evil that the cetacea are aware of...
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2015-04-29 at 02:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    If I understand correctly, they still can. The only thing is that now they would be highly encouraged to simply take what they need instead of in excess and also occasionally planting new trees.

If there was a complete ban on wood, every nation on Demiourgia would be screwed .
    Right, because using glass and stone or metal for most things means obviously they go out of their way to cut down all of the trees.

The trees however, drew first blood. They killed Genasi before Genasi began clearing them out. The evacuation is not by chance.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、