Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (OOC Thread #3)

Messing around online and look what I found! Yanegrish!

Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Unless you're arguing that Hitler didn't commit genocide because there were Jews in America?
    Lets try to avoid these lines of arguments. Last thing we want is to have the forum mods start scrubbing our posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Oh, it's not that it's more... 'I'm not going to ruin your stuff, so please don't intentionally ruin mine'. To which you respond by kicking my sandcastle. You didn't plant a flag on it. You kicked it. Thanks.

All of the wood that was used to make things is now alive. So effectively, 'Your master craftsman can no longer craft anything needing wood. Enjoy.' Sandcastle now flattened. Not some trees. All trees. Extremes, rather than moderation. I was going to remove them, because now I can't even expand anything without killiing them. Great.
    The way that I see it, this is nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of AP and creativity. For example, with a Pestilence you could force awakened trees on the Burning Lands to become Normal Trees. However if both of you can't agree on anything then there is always divine combat of such an occasion. We haven't had any proper Divine Combat since Week 0, and I think we are a bit overdue.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    The way that I see it, this is nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of AP and creativity. For example, with a Pestilence you could force awakened trees on the Burning Lands to become Normal Trees. However if both of you can't agree on anything then there is always divine combat of such an occasion. We haven't had any proper Divine Combat since Week 0, and I think we are a bit overdue.
    The proper answer is, as always, if you can't agree peacefully, war it is.

Before either side tells me it's not something their character says, these are both patron Gods of their kind. The Tree God would fight to save his people from genocide, and the Genasi's protector should be willing to take up arms to protect them, or that is simply a blowhard and needs to hush.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
    Was that what the bit about the Hammerhead Reef was supposed to set up, or was that for someone else? They'd definitely run into each other; as you noted, vents tend to be rich waters for food. So far though, the sahuagin haven't done anything particularly evil that the cetacea are aware of...
    That was indeed what I was setting up.

Edit: The Sahuagin aren't going to become part of the Sovereignty. I don't plan for them to be the ultra-xenophobes they are in the standard setting though. Rather, Sahuagin unlike the members of the Sovereignty are likely to be arrogant and believe in their own superiority over any other species. Also, they probably won't have any problem eating members of intelligent races.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-29 at 08:27 AM.
    Spiffy new Bec Noir+Lil' Cal Avvie by RPGsr4me, thanks!
    Shockroach by Meirnon, and Glasya, Queen of Hell by Neoseph7
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

Glasya, Queen and Mistress of Hell
    Skeleton Bronze for Third Place in Skeleton ITP! and Hydralisk Bronze for Third in Zerg ITP

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets try to avoid these lines of arguments. Last thing we want is to have the forum mods start scrubbing our posts.
    You're absolutely right. That was out of line.

Along the lines of "The Trees drew first blood" I'm straight up calling BS on that. Your posts heavily implied that purgy purgy fire squads were already going around rounding up people and burning down forests.

Nowhere does it say that people ever have to stop using wood. Only that now, you should probably ask the forests, and replant the trees. As shown in the refugee scene, Trees are happy to give up their lives in service of others, they're a pretty awesomely altruistic race like that. But running away at the first sign of conflict is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    The proper answer is, as always, if you can't agree peacefully, war it is.

Before either side tells me it's not something their character says, these are both patron Gods of their kind. The Tree God would fight to save his people from genocide, and the Genasi's protector should be willing to take up arms to protect them, or that is simply a blowhard and needs to hush.
    Oh, Pernieth was gonna go straight to bat for those forests. But no point now, since effectively I just won a war by not surrendering.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-04-29 at 09:07 AM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    If I understand correctly, they still can. The only thing is that now they would be highly encouraged to simply take what they need instead of in excess and also occasionally planting new trees.

If there was a complete ban on wood, every nation on Demiourgia would be screwed .
    That's why one of my first actions was to create a subrace of trees under Eucle's thrall and recently I created wraithwood as an alternative construction material. Neutral Ground subsists on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    All right, I'll get a post up soonish. Oh and, before I go back and check every post with the word "cetacea" in the IC thread, do you know if the Cetaceans are focused in one general area or if they're mostly all over the place. Being whales and dolphins and such I would sort of assume the latter but fantasy being fantasy they might be constrained to one sea or the other.

Oh and that reminds me, we should probably name the different parts of the ocean, even if it's all technically the one ocean (which I guess is just called Ocean?)
    I refer to the ocean as Mezzethera as it was more or less her. She also named some sections of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Mezzethera, Mare Tumultuosum

The first demon, the one with disjointed limbs and a hunched back, swam to the the portion of Mezzethera that would come to be known as Mare Tumultuosum, the sea of nightmares. The demon would come to be known as Jinagias, The Black Praetor. But not now - now he molds the mud on the ocean floor and crafts it with passing dreams.

He raises a Citadel, the Sleepless Citadel, a stout structure at the very bottom of the ocean with no statutes. This was were Mezzethera would be worshiped. Jinagias made his demons into creatures of many jointed limbs, varied in form but all the same in that they all had four arms and black masks with sightless eyes. The citadel was huge, and somehow it prevented the dream waters from seeping in. The halls were grand, but at the same time claustrophobic - as if built to remind one that the ocean could take it away at any moment whenever it so desired.

Mezzethera, Mare Extasim

The second demon, the female torso attached to a predator's mouth, swam to the the portion of Mezzethera that would come to be known as Mare Extasim, the sea of ecstasy. The demon would come to be known as Simdred, The Smiling Praetor. But not now - now she molds the mud on the ocean floor and crafts it with passing dreams.

She crafts a gigantic beast - more of a construct than a living thing. A long vast eel made of silt and fantasy. Sinuous and ugly. This would be her and her people's abode - the Halls of the Ornate Beast. Inside one would see rooms made of marble and crystal. Nobel gardens of red flowers, and silver rivers. The palaces inside were roamed by the Smiling Praetor's people, who were formed like her - humanoid female torsos on top of terrifying amalgamations of predators. Instead of faces they had black masks with sightless eyes. They were in direct contrast to the beauty around them.

Their spider legs clicked against the marble - the teeth of their lower mouth dripped acid on top of yellow flowers.

Mezzethera, Mare Prodigia

The third demon, uncrowned with a serpents tail, swam to the the portion of Mezzethera that would come to be known as Mare Prodigia, the sea of portents. The demon would come to be known as Xelnirov, The Blood Praetor . But not now - now he molds the mud on the ocean floor and crafts it with passing dreams.

He creates a massive fortress - all black rock with no right angels. The rocks are haphazardly stacked together, creating the effect that it is really just a jumble of teeth. There is no door. The fortress is stacked high - reaching from the bottom of the sleepless ocean to almost the top. If one looked at the ocean from above, the normally uniform rainbow oil of the surface appeared to darken. The very top of the fortress was merely a couple of inches from the top, it's shadow clouding the surface but not breaking it.

This was the Omen Tower.

Inside were cavernous halls filed with his demonic clan. The tower was completely flooded - in reality it only served to separate outside from inside - a few floors - but one could swim from the top to the bottom. If one did not swim, one would drown. His demons were formed like him - humanoid torsos attached to serpents tails. Instead of faces they had black masks with sightless eyes.

[/SPOILER]
    Note that the moongrels following Lyllien have taken over the Omen Tower. Those guys are pretty chill like mixing adeptus mechanicus, spirit seers, and izzet all together. If you want a mechanical contraption made and for some reason don't trust the fine goblin gentlemen you can turn to them.
    So after my pc blowing up, getting new job, moving out, getting some new internet and a new computer I'm back in the saddle. It took a while.

All hail Kymme for making my av.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh that's good to know. Did mystic say which sea was where?
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

Skeleton Bronze for Third Place in Skeleton ITP! and Hydralisk Bronze for Third in Zerg ITP

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh that's good to know. Did mystic say which sea was where?

Can't remember that happening. For obvious reasons I would appreciate if the omen tower is not frozen though.
    So after my pc blowing up, getting new job, moving out, getting some new internet and a new computer I'm back in the saddle. It took a while.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Hm well, I guess we'll have to decide which is where.

Oh, and since I can't find a picture of Yanegrish that I really like, I think I'll have to settle for this one for now...

Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

What, you did like the sexy half dressed king?
    Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

The sexy half dressed king is fine, but it doesn't really scream "Mountain sized god of war and volcanoes" to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

For some reason I keep picturing him as:

Spoiler: Deathwing in human form
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Firbolg in the Playground

You're absolutely right. That was out of line.

Along the lines of "The Trees drew first blood" I'm straight up calling BS on that. Your posts heavily implied that purgy purgy fire squads were already going around rounding up people and burning down forests.

Nowhere does it say that people ever have to stop using wood. Only that now, you should probably ask the forests, and replant the trees. As shown in the refugee scene, Trees are happy to give up their lives in service of others, they're a pretty awesomely altruistic race like that. But running away at the first sign of conflict is fine too.

Oh, Pernieth was gonna go straight to bat for those forests. But no point now, since effectively I just won a war by not surrendering.
    No, no you didn't, not really. Ignus is going to fight, just not with her children where they can get injured. Thus the evacuation.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-04-29 at 01:12 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    For some reason I keep picturing him as:

Spoiler: Deathwing in human form
    Show
    Yeah I can see something like that, especially the sort of crown on his head. It's supposed to be sort of like this, like a volcano with jagged peaks at the top of his head as a sort of "crown"

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, and I found a pretty good picture for the aspect of him worshiped by the Sahuagin

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Are there really any weapons that are used underwater besides like spears and tridents? I was wondering about possible alternative favored weapons for different aspects of a god (so like Sahuagin would have a different favored weapon for Yanegrish besides Greatsword which might not be as useful underwater) but I can't really think of anything besides thrusting weapons like spears and tridents that might be used underwater.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2015-04-29 at 01:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Excuse me? Did you spend the AP for the portal action to get to the heart of the jungle with your avatar? Because otherwise you better have rolled for combat for the literal army of people standing in your way, including Cassandra. Unless you're talking a different jungle on the Burning Lands, which means there aren't any refugees and you're talking to yourself. Stand corrected
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-04-29 at 02:09 PM.
    Avatar Marcus Caius, Astropath Transcendent by The Architect, may the Emperor keep him in His sight.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Are there really any weapons that are used underwater besides like spears and tridents? I was wondering about possible alternative favored weapons for different aspects of a god (so like Sahuagin would have a different favored weapon for Yanegrish besides Greatsword which might not be as useful underwater) but I can't really think of anything besides thrusting weapons like spears and tridents that might be used underwater.
    When in doubt Mech is always a good option :D

Nets perhaps? The idea of enslaving through a net can work even underwater.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Excuse me? Did you spend the AP for the portal action to get to the heart of the jungle with your avatar? Because otherwise you better have rolled for combat for the literal army of people standing in your way, including Cassandra. Unless you're talking a different jungle on the Burning Lands, which means there aren't any refugees and you're talking to yourself.
    An Avatar can teleport without spending AP.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

An Avatar can teleport without spending AP.
    Good to know.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Good to know.
    Surprised you have a problem with this considering Casandra practically did the same when she was seeking Bahamut in the labyrinth.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

So how do you want to move forward with the sahuagin orphan king thing, or do you just want to do it sort of organically?
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Oh and just in case we get the first ever incident of 2 Avatars fighting, let me remind you that Avatars do not benefit from their patron deities DCMs. They just have their normal Combat Rating based on their DR. So an Avatar on the Playground would have a CR of 1.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-04-29 at 02:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Im excited to see how this Avatar Duel plays out.
    Currently Playing

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Im excited to see how this Avatar Duel plays out.
    You got the popcorn this time?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

You got the popcorn this time?
    Sure do! Do you have the soda?
    Currently Playing

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I've got some beer. Premium Belgian type too... none of those "light" beers you Americans always seem to be drinking...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Surprised you have a problem with this considering Casandra practically did the same when she was seeking Bahamut in the labyrinth.
    Oh I had her murder her way through the guards/golems. It's why there are two chosen marked golems in the labyrinth that contains nothing right now.

I drink cider.

When you say "coast" do you mean the ice shelf reaches the edge of the boughs, or all the way to the trunk?
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-04-29 at 03:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

I dont drink beer. When it comes to alcohol... wines and whiskey only. Beer is nasty, disgusting, looks like urine, tastes like dookie and has a very low alcohol content. Be better off drinking a smirnoff.
    Currently Playing

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Even so, to reach the Labyrinth itself, she sure didn't walk all the way from the First Tree to the Challenge Mountains did she?

Yeah, Cider is awesome. Normally I drink Strongbow, although they've started to bring Magners here. Now if you want to get gut-rot try some Scrumpy or White Lightening instead.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Theres also knives and daggers. Not to mention harpoons, barbed chains, barbed chain nets etc.

I think the key is though that you want to keep the weapons sleek in design to allow swift movement through the water with little resistance.
    Currently Playing

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

I just started watching one of MarcusAurelius' Dominions 4 LP's, specifically his Ledan/Omnionicon playthrough, and all of this spreading ice is making me want to create and stat out the Ledan from that mod into the game

http://www.desura.com/games/dominion...an-eternal-ice
    Spoiler
    Show

Leda is a strange land surrounded by frigid seas, glacial ice and hard, frozen tundra. It is the home of the Ledan, a peculiar avian people at home both in the water, where they hunt and tend to their bountiful fisheries, and on the surface, where they have raised intricate and majestic structures of magical Ice. The Ledan are odd of shape and awkward, but they are surprisingly sturdy, agile and adaptable. They are strongest in cold and aquatic environments, and become weak and vulnerable in warmer lands. Ledan society centers around a mysterious and magically-radiant monolith they call the Eternal Ice, which freezes the lands and enables the crafting of wondrous objects, both practical and artistic, from enchanted, never-melting Ice. Without the Eternal Ice, Leda would melt into the seas, but with its power the Ledan have been able to spread beyond their ancestral land and forge an empire. Now, the ascendant god of Leda seeks to cover the world in its icy embrace.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shockroach