New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Minecraft XIII: Achievement Get: Bukkit Kicked

Hello everyone! I have a request for any of you who would be willing to aid me in my mission to fully automatize the Survival Pyramid.

So far I have room in the circuitry beneath the bedrock of the pyramid floor for 30 waves... The first 10 waves can have up to 28 different kinds of mobs spawned in that one wave. Now I am not sure with the way command blocks work if that allows me to spawn more than one kind of mob at one coordinate, or if it has to be one mob of one kind, per command block (I will finish watching the video and look more into command blocks, and make an edit appropriate to the capabilities of what can be spawned). The 11th - 30th waves have room for up to 27 different mob spawning command blocks. You may lose 1 or 2 spots of command blocks in order to add a repeater, so that the circuit can make it to the end. [Edit] I have learned that I will need to add further command blocks, depending on the number of unique mobs spawned per wave. For example, if wave 1 spawned a 5 skeletons, a slime, 2 zombies, and a pig, I would need four more command blocks, because I have spawned four unique mobs. Now the question that I need to find out is, if a mob in one of the command blocks gets enchanted gear, does that make it, its own unique mob, or is a zombie, still a zombie, still a zombie. It will have to be tested of course. Many more Command blocks will need to be added by me, in order to compensate for the multiple levels of the pyramid, in which players and mobs can be found. I am not quite sure how I will go about it, but I know that I will have to do it, otherwise the command blocks will only look at one plane (the floor) of the pyramid, rather than the whole area.

If any of you have suggestions for what to spawn in the waves, please feel free to create your own version of the survival pyramid waves. I will be putting below, a list of the mobs that I know can be spawned alone, and are already put in to be removed at the end of a survival pyramid event if failed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zombie
    Skeleton
    Spider
    Cavespider
    pigzombie
    creeper
    blaze
    slime
    magmacube
    witch
    wither
    irongolem
    guardian
    endermite
    giant

These I already have command blocks to remove in the event of a failed success at the event. If any of you are more skilled at command blocks than I, I would graciously accept your aid, and if you all give great suggestions for waves, I'll even incorporate some of the waves into the event itself.

Next up besides the waves themselves, would be the reward system for completing all 30 waves (unless we decide to add more which I can do). Players who succeed will not gain any experience, from the mobs, as mobs do not drop any items, or experience orbs (if I remember checking last time properly), so I currently have the success reward set to a stack of bottles o' enchanting (when thrown on the ground, the bottles break into 3 - 11 experience. Which will result in giving the player a minimum (extremely unlikely) of 192 experience orbs, which converts to just over 11 levels (187 exp), from 0 experience. The maximum that a player can get from a stack of the bottles (again, extremely unlikely) would be 704 experience, which converts to nearly 23 levels (required 751 exp).

Players can receive multiple items in reward for completing the survival pyramid, there currently is no limit or minimum requirement to the number of players who can enter the pyramid at one time, but once an event is in progress, nobody else will be able to enter until finished.

Please let me know what you suggest for waves and/or respective rewards, and please keep it realistic. The desired party size for a event is 4 - 8 players, there currently are 10 classes to choose from, which I can put into this post as well for suggestions regarding tweaking.

Spoiler: 10 Kits and equipment
    Show
    10 Kits and equipment

Spoiler: Berserker Kit
    Show
    Enchanted Leather Cap (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
    Enchanted Leather Tunic (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
    Enchanted Leather Pants (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
    Enchanted Leather Boots (Unbreaking 1, Thorns 1)
    Enchanted Diamond Sword (Sharpness 2)
    Potion of Strength (6x 8:00 130% Attack Damage)
    Cooked Steak (10x)
    Cooked Rabbit (4x)
    Cooked Chicken (4x)

Spoiler: Paladin Kit
    Show
    Enchanted Iron Helmet (Protection 2)
    Enchanted Iron Chestplate (Protection 3)
    Enchanted Iron Leggings (Protection 3)
    Enchanted Iron Boots (Protection 2)
    Iron Sword
    Potion of Healing (3x)
    Iron Horse Armor
    Saddle
    Spawn Horse Egg
    Sugar (10x)
    Hay Bale (2x)
    Apple (10x)
    Bread (4x)
    Cooked Chicken (4x)
    Pumpkin Pie (2x)
    Cooked Potato (5x)

Spoiler: Pyro Kit
    Show
    Enchanted Leather Cap (Fire Protection 1)
    Enchanted Leather Tunic (Fire Protection 2)
    Enchanted Leather Pants (Fire Protection 2)
    Enchanted Leather Boots (Fire Protection 1)
    Enchanted Stone Sword (Fire Aspect 1)
    Enchanted Bow (Unbreaking 1, Flame 1)
    Arrow (128x)
    Flint and Steel (2x)
    Cooked Steak (16x)
    Cooked Mutton (2x)
    Cooked Rabbit (2x)

Spoiler: Sniper Kit
    Show
    Leather Cap
    Leather Tunic
    Leather Pants
    Leather Boots
    Wooden Sword
    Enchanted Bow (Unbreaking 1, Infinity 1, Punch 1, Power 1)
    Arrow (1x)
    Potion of Swiftness (2x 3:00 20%)
    Cooked Salmon (8x)
    Cooked Fish (8x)

Spoiler: Engineer Kit
    Show
    Iron Helmet
    Leather Tunic
    Leather Pants
    Leather Boots
    Lever (1x)
    Dispenser (1x)
    Fire Charge (128x)
    Arrow (64x)
    Tripwire Hook (4x)
    String (32x)
    Redstone (16x)
    Wooden Sword
    Splash Potion of Slowness (4x 1:07 -15%)

Spoiler: Warlock Kit
    Show
    Leather Cap
    Leather Tunic
    Leather Pants
    Leather Boots
    Enchanted Wooden Sword (Unbreaking 2, Smite 2)
    Splash Potion of Slowness (3x 1:07 -15%)
    Splash Potion of Harming (5x)
    Splash Potion of Poison (5x 0:16)
    Rabbit Stew (5x)
    Cooked Chicken (11x)
    Pumpkin (2x)
    Block of Iron (8x)

Spoiler: Cleric Kit
    Show
    Leather Cap
    Leather Tunic
    Leather Pants
    Leather Boots
    Splash Potion of Regeneration (5x 0:16)
    Splash Potion of Swiftness (5x 6:00 20%)
    Splash Potion of Harming (5x)
    Wooden Sword
    Cooked Rabbit (16x)
    Pumpkin Pie (16x)
    Baked Potato (16x)
    Cake (1x)
    Golden Apple (3x)
    Enchanted Golden Apple (3x)

Spoiler: Druid Kit
    Show
    Leather Cao
    Leather Tunic
    Leather Pants
    Leather Boots
    Enchanted Wooden Axe (Unbreaking 3, Smite 2, Sharpness 2)
    Spawn Wolf Egg (2x)
    Bone (32x)
    Enchanted Fishing Rod (Unbreaking 1)
    Splash Potion of Slowness (10x 1:07 15%)
    Carrot (16x)
    Potato (20x)

Spoiler: Thief Kit
    Show
    Chainmail Helmet
    Chainmail Chestplate
    Chain Leggings
    Enchanted Chain Boots (Feather Falling 3)
    Enchanted Iron Sword (Looting 2)
    Ender Pearl (32x)
    Potion of Swiftness (5x 8:00 20%)
    Potion of Invisibility (3x 3:00)
    Cookie (13x)
    Cake (1x)
    Pumpkin Pie (2x)
    Mushroom Stew (1x)
    Apple (1x)
    Bread (3x)

Spoiler: Samurai Kit
    Show
    Chain Helmet
    Chain Chestplate
    Chain Leggings
    Enchanted Chain Boots (Feather Falling 3)
    Enchanted Diamond Sword (Knockback 2)
    Potion of Swiftness (5x 8:00 20%)
    Mushroom Stew (8x)
    Rabbit Stew (8x)
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2015-05-12 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Adding of Classes and information
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft XIII: Achievement Get: Bukkit Kicked

[Edit][Edit] So it seems from this link that I can infact add arguments to a command block, so that it doesn't simply look at a radius, which I am still not sure if it is a sphere or a simple plane (if anyone knows the guaranteed answer, please let me know), but that I can add dx, dy, dz arguments from the center point of where the command block would be looking, and then in those specific directions, which would allow me to look in a cuboid rectangle, rather than a sphere, which allows me to encompass the entire class selection building, rather than a spherical area, the same goes for the Survival Pyramid.

Please comment with a confirmation, or denying the possibility. Once I am ensured with the capability or lack there of, I will begin work on altering the command blocks appropriately to ensure near perfect encompassing via command blocks.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
    Next up besides the waves themselves, would be the reward system for completing all 30 waves (unless we decide to add more which I can do). Players who succeed will not gain any experience, from the mobs, as mobs do not drop any items, or experience orbs (if I remember checking last time properly), so I currently have the success reward set to a stack of bottles o' enchanting (when thrown on the ground, the bottles break into 3 - 11 experience. Which will result in giving the player a minimum (extremely unlikely) of 192 experience orbs, which converts to just over 11 levels (187 exp), from 0 experience. The maximum that a player can get from a stack of the bottles (again, extremely unlikely) would be 704 experience, which converts to nearly 23 levels (required 751 exp).

Players can receive multiple items in reward for completing the survival pyramid, there currently is no limit or minimum requirement to the number of players who can enter the pyramid at one time, but once an event is in progress, nobody else will be able to enter until finished.

Please let me know what you suggest for waves and/or respective rewards, and please keep it realistic.
    I'm not too handy with command blocks, but I believe they are capable of giving arbitrary player heads. I don't know if it's possible to give one's own head, but at the very least, you could use the MHF Collection to give people heads of mobs that don't drop their heads even when killed by a charged creeper. Like Blazes, Endermen, or Squid heads.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I will be out of town through the end of the month, if you wish to use my horse ranch for breeding, feel free, but you have to provide your own gold carrots/apples. Please do not take my horses away from the ranch. See you in a few weeks.
    Long-form Sig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

I was whitelisted previously but my name appears to have been removed. Could I be whitelisted again please?

My user name is Master_kerfuffle

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Added .

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Added .
    Thank you!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

so in Mod talk, does anyone know how to program Turtles from computer craft? After finding out that thaumcraft golems aren't going to be anywhere near effective enough to harvest by 25x30 wheat farm autonomously, i'm thinking of falling back to my origional plan of using turtles, but i can't code or program to save my life. anyone willing to help?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    so in Mod talk, does anyone know how to program Turtles from computer craft? After finding out that thaumcraft golems aren't going to be anywhere near effective enough to harvest by 25x30 wheat farm autonomously, i'm thinking of falling back to my origional plan of using turtles, but i can't code or program to save my life. anyone willing to help?
    I thought you didn't use mods.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

big group i'm in started our own modded server with our own custom picked mods, i'm mainly just focusing in the bees, this has nothing to do with my singleplayer world wich i preffer to keep only very slightly modded if at all. so far just using forestry for the bees and Ender IO for the energy/item conduits and SAG mills that can turn wheat into seeds, wich i need in order to make seed oil in order to make more bee stuff.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

As big as I am about mods, ComputerCraft is one I really, really don't like for just this reason. However, let me give you a secret, the command is

get.pastebin()

You can copy ANY code that has ever been committed to pastebin and drop it right into your turtle. There's several different programs out there, and there's a repository on the Computercraft forum.

If there's a mod called Minefactory Reloaded, you might wish to use it, as it will be easier and more server-friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    As big as I am about mods, ComputerCraft is one I really, really don't like for just this reason. However, let me give you a secret, the command is

get.pastebin()

You can copy ANY code that has ever been committed to pastebin and drop it right into your turtle. There's several different programs out there, and there's a repository on the Computercraft forum.

If there's a mod called Minefactory Reloaded, you might wish to use it, as it will be easier and more server-friendly.
    What Shneekey said. MFR farms are extremely nice. Don't forget to look into adding a sewer and an on/off switch: They tend to overproduce food even at small sizes when configured correctly, so it's a good idea to shut it off when it isn't needed.

Automated turtle farms are best reserved for things that simply cannot be done efficiently any other way, and even then getting the code to do it can be a pain since usually that one mod/block you can't automate has gone to great lengths to make sure you can't automate it. When you do turn one loose on a multiplayer server, they can heavily impact performance.
    My Homebrew
    A Return to Exile, a homebrew campaign setting.
    Under Construction: Skills revamp for the Campaign Setting. I need to make a new index thread.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

the thing is though that i can't really ADD any blocks into the farm, it already has roughly twelve or so 3x3 pillers in the middle of it supporting the roof and hiding the water underneath, so using a block in the farming would really just take away from what farming space is left. unless the block can fine from two or three blocks below the farm itself.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Might I see pictures of the current setup? I could refresh my notes on turtle programming and get the ball rolling, but without knowing the layout it will wreck things up. I mean, it would still be easier and faster to use another mod, but I had my own Peat Farming Turtle back in the day when I didn't want to use Forestry's farms.

Additionally, a large fully autonomous Wheat Turtle Farm targets two of Turtles' biggest weaknesses. Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), it is very annoying to detect which items in a Turtle's inventory are which, so you will likely "use up some blocks" in your farm to make a sorting machine where the Turtle drops all of its items, and then gets resupplied with only seeds for replanting. It is similarly annoying (with the same caveat as the last statement) to detect when a crop is at its full growth, so either the Turtle will harvest much slower than other options, and/or will occasionally harvest crops that are not fully grown. You would also need to keep the chunk the Turtle is in loaded, and I don't know if your config files will do that for you or if your server admin wants you to do that. Even if you need to devote two or three blocks to another setup, you'll "make up" for the lost space with more efficient harvesting. (Do you have access to Tesseracts from Thermal Expansion? They're great for setting up farms while taking up as little space possible.) You also need to devote blocks into having refuel stations for your turtles- most turtle-based wheat farms are based off of the nanoblock farm, where you'd plant a seed, use three bonemeals, harvest, repeat, as opposed to walk around the entire farm every 5 minutes.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it certainly can, just that it really is worth a look at the other options.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2015-05-18 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Tesseract question
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. here we go then.

Spoiler
    Show

Don't mind the dryads. They're mainly there to look pretty, plus they make the wheat grow faster!

And finally a top-down veiw made in paint.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yellow square is the golden chest there (was supposed to belong to the thaum golem) and all those squares in the middle of the feild are eventually going to be pillars holding up the roof, so anything that can fit in the middle of a 3x3 square would work as well. i could then transport it through the (rather thin sadly) roof into the system.

Between those outer pillers along the wall i plan on making pathways to other rooms, such as maybe a tree farm, and rocky bee farms, etc. so if we can use as few of those as possible then that would be nice.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

What is the size of the room itself? Because I think I know a much easier way to do this, depending on the mod list involved.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

oh! right i forgot to put that in sorry. the entire room as a whole is 39x31 and is 5 blocks tall. all not counting the small 3xs3 square holding the golden chest.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Yikes, that isn't a purely tessellating pattern, so either the code will be messy or it'll try to harvest known harvested areas. It will take some time for me to figure out a path to follow and transcribe it down to left and right turns.

In the meantime, yes, I know you want to do this with Turtles, but I'd feel guilty if I did not point it out: If you have MineFactory Reloaded, you would have the issue of planting the seeds resolved with twelve planters, each with Tin upgrades. The planters would replace the block below the block the on which the Dryads are standing- these would be entirely below your farm. Then 4 harvesters could be placed entirely on the outside of the farming area, though this would require Emerald upgrades- if this sounds confusing and you'd like me to chart it out, let me know. If you don't have MineFactory Reloaded, I am under the impression you could hit this whole area with six EnderIO Farming stations (albeit all of these would be on the farmland itself), but I have no direct experience with EnderIO.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2015-05-19 at 12:02 AM. Reason: harvestable -> Harvested.
    ---

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Yikes, that isn't a purely tessellating pattern, so either the code will be messy or it'll try to harvest known harvested areas. It will take some time for me to figure out a path to follow and transcribe it down to left and right turns.

In the meantime, yes, I know you want to do this with Turtles, but I'd feel guilty if I did not point it out: If you have MineFactory Reloaded, you would have the issue of planting the seeds resolved with twelve planters, each with Tin upgrades. The planters would replace the block below the block the on which the Dryads are standing- these would be entirely below your farm. Then 4 harvesters could be placed entirely on the outside of the farming area, though this would require Emerald upgrades- if this sounds confusing and you'd like me to chart it out, let me know. If you don't have MineFactory Reloaded, I am under the impression you could hit this whole area with six EnderIO Farming stations (albeit all of these would be on the farmland itself), but I have no direct experience with EnderIO.
    doesn't look like we have that mod sadly. And as it is now the dryads (at least those in the wheat) are standing on a microblock over a water pool that keeps the farm hydrated. so it would need to either be above the glowstone or below the water.

and it's not so much that i WANT to use turtles, it's just the best thing i can think of that can do it. i doon't mind if they harvest seeds that haven't grown yet, so long as they place them back afterwords and there's enough time between each "wave" for at least most of the wheat and seeds to be harvested. after wich all the wheat and seeds left over should be deposited into the golden chest or simmiler outposts. the seeds get turned into seed oil, the wheat goes through ender IO SAG mills to become more seeds to become seed oil.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2015-05-19 at 12:12 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

doesn't look like we have that mod sadly. And as it is now the dryads (at least those in the wheat) are standing on a microblock over a water pool that keeps the farm hydrated. so it would need to either be above the glowstone or below the water.

and it's not so much that i WANT to use turtles, it's just the best thing i can think of that can do it. i doon't mind if they harvest seeds that haven't grown yet, so long as they place them back afterwords and there's enough time between each "wave" for at least most of the wheat and seeds to be harvested. after wich all the wheat and seeds left over should be deposited into the golden chest or simmiler outposts. the seeds get turned into seed oil, the wheat goes through ender IO SAG mills to become more seeds to become seed oil.
    Planters would be below the water, actually.

What is your mod list? Because using a Turtle, while entirely *possible*... well, I think you'd probably do better finding another way. There's plenty of mods you can use to auto-harvest crops. Minefactory Reloaded is one of my preferred methods, but EnderIO also has a way to do it. If you don't mind ripping it up to re-plant one-time, Forestry can do it. Would take a lot of horizontal space going down, though, due to the multiblock structure. Golems would be a better way to do it than Turtles, because you can give them an upgrade to replant after they harvest and it just kinda hits everything in an area.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

sorry, meant to say the only way i knew how to do it.

and again i don't think golems can really help mere here, they can only do at BEST, fully upgraded, a 14x14 square centered on their chest can't they? i'd need to put chests somewhere in the middle of the feild.

don't get me wrong i'd LOVE to use golems, but they just don't have the range i need.

as for mods, no list i'm aware of but i beleive we have... (just by going through the blocks in NEI)

Spoiler
    Show
    Thaumcraft
    Runic dungeons
    Forestry
    Ender IO
    Computercraft
    BC silicon
    Gany's surface/nether
    Chisel
    tinker's construct
    openblocks
    witchery
    blood magic
    Botania
    Applied Energistics
    Ars Magtica 2
    BC Transport
    colourful mobs
    Draconic Evolution
    Extra Bees
    Extra Trees
    Extra Utilities
    Forbidden magic
    microblocks
    Genetics
    Carpenter blocks
    Gravestone
    Highlands
    Mekanism
    Thermal Foundation

aaaand i think that's it for the most part? we have like roughly fifty, so yeah.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Minefactory Reloaded is one of my preferred methods, but EnderIO also has a way to do it.
    May I request you clarify the EnderIO farms? I really think that's the most direct method, and from what I'm reading, it could actually be done with just four farming stations, but I'm uncertain as to how costly they actually would be.

I understand Ars Magica 2 can be used in automatic farming, but I don't have the foggiest idea as to where to start, and my experience with that mod is that by the time I figure out how to do it, someone else will have 8 other farms already up and perfected.
    ---

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, ars magica doesn't really work for us anyways. the items and mobs work fine, but nobody can cast any spells in it.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

If you've got MFR, you'd just stick a harvester down in front of the chest there, and it'd spit the items out into the chest. Though for your purposes, you'd almost be better off with a Forestry Multi-farm. You're already into it for the bees, and They're reasonably simple to set up. Alternately, since you've already got EnderIO, it's got a farming station that only takes tools and power, and stone tools work just fine for the job.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

May I request you clarify the EnderIO farms? I really think that's the most direct method, and from what I'm reading, it could actually be done with just four farming stations, but I'm uncertain as to how costly they actually would be.

I understand Ars Magica 2 can be used in automatic farming, but I don't have the foggiest idea as to where to start, and my experience with that mod is that by the time I figure out how to do it, someone else will have 8 other farms already up and perfected.
    EnderIO farms aren't too bad. Basically, when you plop them down, they look around at everything around them, then starts farming everything it can. It needs an axe and a hoe, but those only take damage if you are actually doing something that would cause them to take damage, so harvesting wheat will run indefinitely once the tools are in place.The tools do not affect performance so you can just use stone tools.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

so the multi-farm is a big no so far as it looks like it requires me to scrap my entire current setup and replace it with something completely different, something i have no intention of doing. and the farming station.... maybe? The wiki has no "up" range scale, so i can only assume it'd need to be placed on the same level as the wheat itself, wich i'm not really sure would be possible given the setup of the farm. and it pulls out the exess seeds and can transport them into a chest right? then entire point of the farm is to get the seeds, with the wheat being put into SAG mills to produce more seeds.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, you'd put them on the same level as the wheat itself. You could then use whatever pipe-like-mode-of-transit you prefer to take the items below or above the farm, into the gold chest. It is my understanding that EnderIO can transfer items in the same blocks it uses to transfer power, so the pipe lines you lay to get the items into the chest can also provide power. If you go above the farm, I also understand that EnderIO has a... Thing... Which would let you mask the pipes to make them look exactly like your existing ceiling blocks. Otherwise, you could use ExtraUtilities Transfer Pipes and their corresponding nodes to handle the transportation.

The modlist you have lists Thermal Foundation, this is a dependency for several mods. One of the mods that requires Thermal Foundation is Thermal Expansion, which has a" Tesseract" that can send or receive power and items (and fluids but we're not concerned about those at all right now) "wirelessly." Those would be king for getting items out of the Farming Stations AND getting power to them.

I'm taking your farm blueprint to work with me today, I don't think I'll have a busy day.
    ---

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, okay, who on the server gave me a new skin and name: FakeCan (formerly known as Zweanslord)?

Surprised me greatly while shortly checking on my things. Funny, though I admit I liked my old name. The skin looks neat, though.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, you'd put them on the same level as the wheat itself. You could then use whatever pipe-like-mode-of-transit you prefer to take the items below or above the farm, into the gold chest. It is my understanding that EnderIO can transfer items in the same blocks it uses to transfer power, so the pipe lines you lay to get the items into the chest can also provide power. If you go above the farm, I also understand that EnderIO has a... Thing... Which would let you mask the pipes to make them look exactly like your existing ceiling blocks. Otherwise, you could use ExtraUtilities Transfer Pipes and their corresponding nodes to handle the transportation.

The modlist you have lists Thermal Foundation, this is a dependency for several mods. One of the mods that requires Thermal Foundation is Thermal Expansion, which has a" Tesseract" that can send or receive power and items (and fluids but we're not concerned about those at all right now) "wirelessly." Those would be king for getting items out of the Farming Stations AND getting power to them.

I'm taking your farm blueprint to work with me today, I don't think I'll have a busy day.
    Yeah, we have a tesseract connected to our bigreactors reactor, so we're all getting tesseracts and using them as outlets for our homes. i'm personally digging mine into the wall and am just going to connect all of my electric cables together to connect it like real house wiring.

and wow i completely forgot about the faccades. that explains why microblocks dont like them
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Spent a while mapping out the route and outlined the path to take and knocked out a cheap outline of pseudocode, and was feeling really comfortable with myself for a while. Then, I realized that the full farm would generate more stacks than a turtle can hold, so I'll need to stop and do dropoffs every third of the way. Do you have a preference for using just one turtle, or would you rather have three turtles managing different parts of the farm? The first would be easier to get started and going, the second would be better in the long run.

In the meantime, please do ask the other people on the server you're playing on what's a good way to keep the chunks your farm uses loaded. Some people flip out about adding loaded chunks, but there's no simple way to handle a turtle landing up in an unloaded chunk. It'll just turn off at that point, and won't do anything until you tell it to resume.

By my math, the whole farm could possibly fill the gold chest in two harvests. I don't know how fast the SAG Mill will churn through the materials, though. You may need to think about overflow storage down the line. A Basic Cache from Thermal Expansion will hold 10,000 items. Eventually you may want to set up an Applied Energistics* storage system that could generally hold all your stuff and then some.

*QUARTZ FOR THE QUARTZ GOD
    ---