New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

So the previous highlands game died. And I thought that was a shame.

So clearly it's my job to make a new one.

So first things first. What this game would entail.

Use of the GMR (Of course)
    6 to up to 12 players.
    Highlands.
    You can vote for additional options
    Spoiler: additional options shamelessly copied and pasted from the first one
    Show

Mountain Pattern: Ridgelines, Scattered, Ranges, Clustered

Mountain Density: Dense, Normal, Thin

Bodies of Water: Small Lakes, Large Lakes, Seas

Quick speed.
    All victory types.

Inca's and other naval civilization's discouraged.

I call Shoshone.

So who wants to join?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Color me interested.

Can I draw a random civ, or do I need to choose?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Er, can't say I know what Highlands is, but I've been playing Civs ever since it came with a manual larger than some textbooks.

Would probably be interested as Babylonian.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I call Russia. My vote goes to NOT Dense Mountains and NOT Seas.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Normal ranges and large lakes would be my vote.

Also, Necroticplague, it's possible that not everyone playing has all the DLC, so you might not be able to play Babylon. May want to have a backup, just in case.

I'll take Zulu.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Color me interested.

Can I draw a random civ, or do I need to choose?
    You can choose random if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Er, can't say I know what Highlands is, but I've been playing Civs ever since it came with a manual larger than some textbooks.

Would probably be interested as Babylonian.
    Mountains and hills everywhere.

Does everyone have the Babylonian DLC?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #7

I have all the DLC.

Since I'm already posting: for setting up turn order, my time zone is UTC -5 (US Central DST).

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Got all DLC too, my timezone is GMT +2.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Have all DLC's, would like to run as the Celts. I'm at GMT -6.

10. - Top - End - #10

So that's 6.

How long do we want to wait for up to 12?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I only have the Babylonia and Mongolia DLC.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So that's 6.

How long do we want to wait for up to 12?
    Another day, maybe?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm interesting in hopping in. I have all the DLC and expansions, so I'm good with whatever. GMT -7

Oh, and I call Morocco BTW.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2015-04-30 at 01:16 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

I'll join in. I have all the DLCs except Korea and the Wonders of the Ancient World Pack. I'm at GMT +10.

Dibs on Venice.

15. - Top - End - #15

Last edited by Illven; 2015-04-30 at 11:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Let the games begin!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Er, I've never used this thing before, how do I play a turn?

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Er, I've never used this thing before, how do I play a turn?
    It's not your turn yet, when it is, you'll be able to download a save, then place it in Saves, under the hotseat file, then load it up under mutliplayer hotseat, play to the end of the turn, when you end turn it'll prompt you to save, do so, then upload that to GMR.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Alternatively, you can get the GMR program that'll prompt you when it's your turn (as long as the program is on) and will put the files into your Saves and will upload it for you when you complete the appropriate turn.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Is there even any point in these? Does anyone care to read about other people's exploits?

In any case, meet Moscow:

I almost moved south for ocean access before I noticed it's a lake and not a bay. With all those farmable hills Moscow is going to be an absolute production powerhouse. I only hope there are some strategic resources that I can exploit around here.

21. - Top - End - #21

Narkis, and everyone else: Yes, please do Spectator updates occasionally, if you have the motivation, especially if there's some interesting happenings going on!
    Last edited by thirsting; 2015-05-03 at 04:34 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

22. - Top - End - #22

Tremble, mortals, Doom has come to this world!

Show

Not the greatest start location, at least to start, but will be quite good going forward. 2 Deer and a Wheat combined with the lakes will be good for food growth, with some nice looking Copper mines, hills and forest for production. We will see what else is around me.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

23. - Top - End - #23

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

The Shoshone people have only known the frost. The icy cold that'll kill a man in mintues. Our frost was a harsh mistress. But we preserved, and found the great plains.

We learned Farming, and will focus on cultivating these nice smelling plants.

The capital. Three spots of incense, and Marble.

24. - Top - End - #24

Show
    The Maya, after some searching for the ideal plot of land, have settled the city of Palenque next to a mountain in the hopes that the high places will enable a better view of the world.

(Hopefully, this won't be as terrible a starting location as my other GMR games have given me...)

Plans for the early game: build two scouts, especially because of the map type; rush Pottery and Theology and hope to found a religion; go full Liberty for the free Great Person.

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

Our Pathfinder's scour the world for other tribes of people.

We send more people to check out the lands further away from the frost.

Our previous Pathfinder's had figured out the secrets of Mining, from the ruins of the last Nuclear winter.

Our government has no form.

Best in Population, and land. Worst in soldiers.

The city of Moson Kahni.

Any spectator comments?

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler: Celts
    Show
    Greetings! Before you stands the warrior Shaka!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Maya
    Show
    We greet you in the name of Her Undying Majesty. Her realm lies to the east of your scouting party. Where do you hail from?

28. - Top - End - #28

Show

Greetings from the Shoshone people.

29. - Top - End - #29

Spoiler: Russia
    Show
    Greetings. Our capital is nearby to the west of where our scouts encountered each other; in fact, if you had proceeded due west, you might have seen the borders of Palenque in short order.

Spoiler: Shoshone
    Show
    Greetings. Our capital city is to the east; where are your people from?

30. - Top - End - #30

Show

To the west. You're barely outside our borders in fact. How far is your capital.