New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza!
    Show

The Shoshone stories. 1840 BC

We make peace with the lesser nation after stealing their work band. They will be put to work in the Shoshone empire.

And we shall leave Almaty.

Our work band starts focusing on hunting foxes.

Some of our spearmasters visit our capital.

Our Pathfinders, well find paths.

Our captured workband starts moving to Shoshone lands.

Our techs that we have mastered.

Maps of Moson Kahni.

Te-Moak's maps.

Maps of our newest city.

Our policies.

No world order has been established.

Our people are best at crop yield, land, and literacy.

No one visits other nations except for official business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

"Shaka has completed the Great Library!"

are you serious

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a similar feeling when I got the message for Shaka completing Stonehenge, and I know I was rushing that (Calendar first, started production immediately), and got beaten to it 1 turn out when the turn the AI took over. How did no one finish Great Library sooner...
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2015-08-05 at 07:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

Believe me, I was trying.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    "Shaka has completed the Great Library!"

are you serious
    Shaka can be smart too. Shaka just wants to be like Assyria!

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #96

I'm going to be away from Thursday to Sunday, would anyone have an issue with me extending the turn timer to 4 days?

7. - Top - End - #97

Take your damn turn Venice. As far as I'm aware you're not on break.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry about that (and for missing so many turns in general). No excuse, I'm just dumb and make mistakes. Won't happen again.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    Sorry about that (and for missing so many turns in general). No excuse, I'm just dumb and make mistakes. Won't happen again.
    I can pm you. I'm willing to do so.

10. - Top - End - #100

Spoiler: Babylon: Necrotic Plague
    Show

Hey, Sent you a mutual embassy trade, do you accept?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Babylon: Necrotic Plague
    Show

Hey, Sent you a mutual embassy trade, do you accept?
    Spoiler: Illven, Whoever you are.
    Show
    I know I agreed to AN embassy agreement, but I can't for the life of me recall with whom it was.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Spoiler: Illven, Whoever you are.
    Show
    I know I agreed to AN embassy agreement, but I can't for the life of me recall with whom it was.
    Spoiler: Babylon: Necrotic plague
    Show

I'm the Shoshone.

I sent you a request, but you never accepted or denied it.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to be out of town and thus, away from my gaming PC until Wednesday, so a turn timer extension would be much appreciated.
    Just "John" is fine.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

I'm back, feel free to put the turn timer back.
    Just "John" is fine.

15. - Top - End - #105

Turn timer back to normal.

16. - Top - End - #106

Show

Tale of the new millennium

Agaidika's police force reports no damage from the millennium parties.

Nor do our other cities. In fact we even start decommissioning some of our police force. In the Classical era, we will not need as many soldiers.

Our scouting parties report no new information. Except for a Venice caravan to Hanoi.

The Shoshone people are near to the concept of 0. For when we have no food.

Our Capital is working on a great wheel to move whole rivers of water about.

Our workers are forced to hunt deers into exhaustion.

Te-Moak focuses on a food storage building like our capital.

Agaidika is almost finished with it's Library.

The Shoshone people only know the old ways.

We are best in Crop yield, GNP, Land, Soldiers, and Literacy.

Our intelligence tells us that the Venice people are the most backwards of people.

Now it's turn 50. And it's time to discuss my early game plans.

The plan is simple. Crossbow rush the Mayans. They completely failed to settle their cities for defense at all, I'll take their lands, and have plenty of area with which to work.

Spoiler: Technognome: Morocco
    Show

So to continue our discussion.

Willing to do the spare lux for a spare lux?
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-08-30 at 02:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: To the Shoshone
    Show
    Sure, once I get it hooked up.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Spoiler: To the Shoshone
    Show
    Sure, once I get it hooked up.
    Spoiler: The TechnoGnome: Morocco
    Show

ETA on that?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: To the Shosone
    Show
    10 turns, maybe? It's gonna be a while.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Spoiler: To the Shosone
    Show
    10 turns, maybe? It's gonna be a while.
    Spoiler: TechnoGnome: Morocco.
    Show

Okay, perhaps a reminder in about 3-4 turns?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

One evening, an old man approached the gates of Marrakech. He claimed to be from a distant land, though prodding from the city guards provided no answers as to the name of this land or even how far the man had traveled. He simply claimed that he had a message that he had to deliver to Lord Ahmad al-Mansur personally, one of hope and fear. Of course, the guards of Marrakech were competent at their jobs, and were still on guard from a recent barbarian assault on the city's silk plantations, so they initially refused him entry and told him to go back to the land he came from. The man replied that he could not, and pleaded with the guards to give him passage. Eventually, seeing that he was an elderly man alone in the wilderness, their hearts melted, and they agreed to let him into the city, though only as a courtesy to a traveler. He would not get to see the ruler of the city, but he would be given food and a warm bed to stay in. The man thanked the guards for their hospitality, but still insisted that he must talk to the Lord of the city.

As the old man had no relatives in the city, he was allowed to stay in the home of one of the city guards until either such a time as accommodations were made for him, or he had died of old age. That night at dinner, the old man expressed his worry that he would not be able to deliver his message to the Lord of the city. Eventually, the guard, a man by the name of Abd al-Rahman, told the man that he could give them the message. While he had no intention of actually passing the message along to Lord of the city, he believed that it was right to let the old man have a peaceful heart. The man proceeded to tell the family the story of a marvelous city, larger than any city in the known world, with massive towers that stretched all the way into the skies themselves. He told of the Great Heroes, men and women who defended this city using powerful magic against those who would seek to destroy all that they held dear. And he told of a great war, one that tore the very skies themselves asunder and resulted in not only the destruction of this city, but of the entire world itself. It was only after everything else was destroyed that the last living Great Hero were able to wrest the power away from the Destroyer and end the war once and for all.

Abd al-Rahman, worried for the old man's sanity, asked how the world could possibly have been destroyed if they were still there, eating dinner at the table. The man told them that the world had simply been rebuilt using the power of just six gemstones, by the Last Great Hero, now a being far greater than any mortal man. He claimed that the world we lived in now was this new world, given a second chance by this powerful being, in order to prove that it deserved to be rebuilt. He told the family that he was the only other survivor of the Old World, a Watcher who saw all of these Great Heroes and cataclysmic events firsthand. He claimed that he was rescued by the Last Hero in order to spread his message to the New World, and that he had to speak to Ahmad al-Mansur personally, to convince him to spread the word across the world, starting with Marrakech and her sister city Rabat.

At this point, Abd al-Rahman asked for proof of the old man's outlandish tales, telling him that without such evidence there would not be any reason for the Lord of the city to grant him an audience. The old man simply chuckled and pulled from his robe a brilliant blue gemstone the size of a thumb, one unlike anything found in the gem mines of Marrakech. He said that this gemstone was gifted to him by the Last Great Hero, and would allow him to prove his tale to be truth. At once, the entire family was subjected to visions of all that the man had told them: of events both wonderful and terrifying to behold, of the Great War, and of the Last Great Hero's victory over the Destroyer. It was all as the man had said. Despite the visions lasting what felt like an eternity, they lasted but a moment, and it was still night when the visions ended. Abd al-Rahman, now convinced of the truth behind the Watcher's words, vowed to take him to Ahmad al-Mansur the following day. He and the rest of his family pledged their loyalty to the Last Great Hero and promised to spread the tale the Watcher had told them throughout the world for the rest of their days. They were the first disciples.

...It took most of the next day before Abd al-Rahman was able to grant the Watcher an audience with Lord Ahmad al-Mansur. By then, the gemstone's power had been used to show many others the truth, and so the Watcher was accompanied to the throne room by several more disciples. The Lord heard the fantastic tale of the Watcher and was quickly convinced of its truth. He declared that the Watcher's words shall be spread as far as possible, and that the people of Marrakech and Rabat were to make sure others knew the story of the Last Great Hero, and of the Second Chance they were given.

...And thus, there was a day, unlike any other, where the streets of Marrakech were silent. For the people of the city had gathered to listen to the Watcher and his Disciples speak. And as the Word spread, so too did the zeal of the faithful. Eventually, the silence of the city was overtaken by one voice, made up of the mouths of many, chanting the Holy Word of the Watcher.

"Excelsior! Excelsior! Excelsior!"

- an excerpt from the Book of Stan

In 840 BC, the religion of Marvel was founded in the City of Marrakech.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2015-09-05 at 08:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Show

Morocco founds a religion.

Mogadishu wants us to get gems.

Te-Moak grows.

Our city wants silk.

Our scouts heal and scout.

Our tech tree.

Our capital.

Te-Moak.

Agaidika

My policies.

Demographics. Best in Crop yield, GNP, Land, Literacy. Worst in nothing.

Shoshone intelligence agency.

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler: Morocco; Technognome
    Show

We have a spare incense for when you connect your spare luxury.

24. - Top - End - #114

Spoiler: Spectators: Turn 60 update
    Show
    A tour of the fledgling Mayan Empire

Palenque, capital city of the Maya and holy city of the Epsilon Program
    My original settler started two tiles away, in the grasslands next to the northern salt mines. I delayed the founding of my capital so I could settle next to the mountain, giving my citizens a better view of the earth and the heavens.

Tikal, second city of the Maya
    I should have had all four salt mines in this area, but I didn't get my second settler fast enough to beat the Shoshone from settling nearby and stealing some of my rightful tiles with their ability.

Chichen Itza, third city of the Maya
    The land to the north of Palenque has no resources to exploit, and the land to the east was claimed by Russia, so I had to settle here. It's not the best spot, but at least now I can reach the large deposit of iron to the north.

The tenets of the Epsilon Program
    Earth Mother was an obvious choice, and I'm glad I could choose it, as it helped me offset the loss of Stonehenge to the hated Zulu and become the first of the nations to form a religion. I chose Tithe over the other gold-generating belief as I plan to have a smaller, more populous empire. I chose Pagodas over the other faith-based buildings for the extra happiness.

The knowledge of the Maya
    Three turns to Theology and free Great People! I know Russia has Mathematics and Currency, as they've built the Hanging Gardens and Petra, so I don't see myself reaching Guilds in time to get Machu Picchu. My next priority, then, will be to finish the Ancient and first-tier Classical techs before heading towards Civil Service and Education.

The policies of the Maya
    I finished Liberty for the free Scientist, which helped greatly in my rush for Theology and another Scientist. Next will either be Piety for a reformation belief or Commerce for Wagon Trains.

The Maya, compared to the rest of the known world
    Middle of the pack, mostly, though Venice by their very nature prevents an accurate assessment of the lower ranks. Of note is the fact that I currently hold the highest score, despite being rated middling here.

The further ruminations of Pacal
    While things may look good for the Empire for now, I'm in a pretty precarious position. Nobody else has luxuries to spare, so all the salt I'm sitting on is going to waste (no thanks to the Shoshone for stealing some of it). That thrice-cursed Shaka of the Zulu stole the Great Library from me with one turn to go, delaying my Theology rush; I'll make sure he pays for that. I have a barbarian army to the southeast of Palenque, and no gold income to support an army to put it down (my current 6 GPT is entirely due to a Golden Age). These coming turns look to be desperate ones.

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

Our workers work on a road system connecting our empire together.

Our meager defense force also proclaims that there is no problems.

Our scouts wander the great wide world.

Our tech tree.

The best capital.

The best second city.

Yay it's Agaidikia.

My social policies.

Best in GNP, Land, Soldiers, and Literacy. Worst in nothing.

Shoshone intelligence on our fellow nations.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Like the Holy Sun, We shall touch all the World. His vision will spread like Wildfire, and our prophets will bring the Light to All.

The Celtic People have founded the Religion of Wildfire in the Holy City of Edinburgh.

27. - Top - End - #117

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

The Mayans have completed a pyramid. We are told this is some great achievement, even though they were already building pyramids/

They also enter the Medieval era.

A city state cancels a quest.

Our defense forces report no problems.

Our scouts, scout out the land.

Our tech tree!

Our capital!

Te-Moak.

Agaidkia.

My policies

Best in Population, Crop yield, GNP, Land, Soldiers, and Literacy, worst in nothing.

Shoshone intelligence of our rivals.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Um, when I went to take my turn, I was the Celts and it said it was Techwarrior's turn rather than mine. Help?

29. - Top - End - #119

Apparently he left the game while it was his turn, which advances the turn order but doesn't have the AI take the turn. It'll have to be reverted.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alright, turn reverted. Apparently it went back to Babylon.