New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Prequel -or- Everything Is A Federal Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable

About Prequel:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazerad, cat-drawer
    PREQUEL is a story on the internet. It has been called several other things too, including “Making A Cat Cry: The Adventure“, “Everything Is A Federal ****ing Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable“, “Katia Managan: Alcoholic, Vasilikphobe, Adventurer“, and “Slutcat Adventures 2: Daggerfall.“ All of these names are equally descriptive and accurate.

More specifically, PREQUEL is an interactive story where readers serve as the protagonist’s subconscious. It was inspired by the user command model employed by MS Paint Adventures and is based on the Elder Scrolls universe created by Bethesda Softworks, though familiarity with either of these is not necessary to understand PREQUEL. PREQUEL began as a forum thread on the MS Paint Adventures Forums, but has since been moved to its own site for readability (you are reading that site right now).

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy reading my story about an alcoholic cat who hears internet voices.

That is a sentence I never thought I would type.
    Previous Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-The-Adventure

This comic's update schedule is somewhat... inconsistant, but on this day we have once again been graced with a new page. Hooray! It's a Flaaaaash updaaaaate...
    Last edited by Fralex; 2015-05-11 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Actually, I guess it's OK to include the word "slut" since I'm fairly certain that word's been used in OotS.
    You can always rely on the kindness of strangeness.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Prequel -or- Everything Is A Federal Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable

Spoiler: Katia, Enter two
    Show

Aaaaaaaaw yeah, everything went better than expected!

oooooooh nooooo, Imp Murderboss showed up, and the other Khajit abandoned Katia to die!

and AAAAAAAAAWW YEEEEEAAAAAAH, Katia is more badass than that other Khajit!

that other Khajit with a spear is going to be so afraid of Katia when she comes out of that room....and I bet Katia is going to be a little ticked at the stunt that they just pulled there.

I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Prequel -or- Everything Is A Federal Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable

What do you guys think? Did Ra'jirra lock Katia in with the uber-imp, or is our hirsute protagonist just bad at doors?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

My best score is 110 seconds. Apparently when the update first came out, anyone who finished in under 105 got a cool Katia pin mailed to them... :<
    I was checking Prequel for updates multiple times each day, and somehow I didn't catch it yesterday. Sadface.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hope she levelled again.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Spojaz View Post
    What do you guys think? Did Ra'jirra lock Katia in with the uber-imp, or is our hirsute protagonist just bad at doors?
    In the Flash summary, it says that "Rajirra decides she’d rather have a locked door between herself and this situation…" So yes, Raj trapped Kat in a room with an impmaster murderboss, and any resultant inventory loss is her fault and her fault alone.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    In the Flash summary, it says that "Rajirra decides she’d rather have a locked door between herself and this situation…" So yes, Raj trapped Kat in a room with an impmaster murderboss, and any resultant inventory loss is her fault and her fault alone.
    I knew it. this is ultimately the difference between Rajirra's philosophy and Katia's philosophy. Rajirra decided to leave an ally to die. Katia decided to become a badass and finish the job without a cowardly Khajit holding her back.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

And yet, somehow, I'm willing to bet it will end up with Katia being blamed for all of the (massive) destruction in that room, leaving her even more in debt than before.

On the plus side, she can take consolation in being totally badass, so, there's that.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

which will start her on a bigger quest to try and be not in debt anymore, where she will face even greater hardships, which will harden and strengthen her into an even greater badass.

The Road To Awesome Is Paved With Blood, Suffering and Determination.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-05-03 at 04:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

I read through it a few years ago, and found it bloody depressing yet hilarious.

Does it get better..?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I read through it a few years ago, and found it bloody depressing yet hilarious.
    Does it get better..?
    In the latest flash update, Katia took out a demon with a fire punch like a badass after spouting a bad pun at it and shooting lots of fireballs while her pessimistic partner ran away and locked Katia inside.

does that answer your question? because I don't know when you stopped reading.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-05-03 at 08:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    In the latest flash update, Katia took out a demon with a fire punch like a badass after spouting a bad pun at it and shooting lots of fireballs while her pessimistic partner ran away and locked Katia inside.

does that answer your question? because I don't know when you stopped reading.
    Hmm..

Wizard Guild of Klatch. After actually gaining some ground, EVERYTHING collapsed under her.once again.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm..

Wizard Guild of Klatch. After actually gaining some ground, EVERYTHING collapsed under her.once again.
    oh.....you mean Kvatch. oh yeah. we're still in Kvatch, but it sounds like your missing a very VERY important update. you haven't gotten to the elf ghost haven't you? yeah get to him, and it starts getting awesome, seriously, elf ghost, named Aggy, get to him and don't stop until he leaves, and you'll see what I mean.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

The beginning of Prequel is perhaps a little too discouraging, but if you don't give up on Katia, if you just hold out hope that things can still get better for her, it's well worth it. At this point I think it's surpassed Homestuck in terms of finding creative uses for the webcomic medium. Ch'marr is a wizard.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sort of hoping once Prequel ends with Katie in jail with nothing (because it's pretty clear she's gonna be the Champion of Cyrodil), the story continues into a retelling of the plot of Oblivion.

Mainly because that'd be rad. :|
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I'm sort of hoping once Prequel ends with Katie in jail with nothing (because it's pretty clear she's gonna be the Champion of Cyrodil), the story continues into a retelling of the plot of Oblivion.

Mainly because that'd be rad. :|
    That would be nice yes. But I'm fine as long as it doesn't end with her in jail with nothing and then the reveal that the real hero is in the next cell.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Hmm..

Yeah, Kvatch was a low point for her. But it wasn't quite as low as it seemed- Did you get to this update?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

18. - Top - End - #18

All right, all caught up!

Man, this story takes forever..

Anyway. Its still a damn good story. Agreed that Aggy made things a lit better. Agreed that her recent badassery was really impressive.

Still think she will be thousand of septims indebted for destroying half of the store's inventory, unless she fast-talk the owner into putting the blame on the MegaImp.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Oh man. That last line of the new (May 8) comic. I was blindsided.
    At least Katia gets to learn that when Life closes a door, Magic opens a window.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Still think she will be thousand of septims indebted for destroying half of the store's inventory, unless she fast-talk the owner into putting the blame on the MegaImp.
    No, no, she needs to put all the blame on Rajirra! The imp can't be indebted now!

It's totally her fault, anyway, that the inventory got destroyed. Kat had no choice but to fight.

21. - Top - End - #21

No, no, she needs to put all the blame on Rajirra! The imp can't be indebted now!

It's totally her fault, anyway, that the inventory got destroyed. Kat had no choice but to fight.
    Good point.

She was locked in. She had no escape means, therefore she had no choice but to fight.
    Last edited by Cikomyr; 2015-05-08 at 04:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Update! Ordinary doors continue to thwart the girl who recently decapitated a huge monster.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The usual solution for this sort of problem is: Walk through wall. It's never as secure as the door and windows.

24. - Top - End - #24

She doesnt want to damage the building more than she had to

25. - Top - End - #25

ClericGirl

This entire genre of webcomics is based on text adventures, so ridiculous straining against mundane obstacles is pretty much par for the course. At least we're past the point where the railroading is "sorry, but you are far too pathetic to summon the willpower to do that." I legitimately gave up on the comic for months after the second blackout scene. And it does beat the crap out of some of the railroading in the actual game (like, during Allies for Bruma, I decided Ocato was in no way to be trusted unless you count the fact that he's highly unlikely to ever give up his possessions, and you probably know how that went the next time I was told to see him.)
    Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

26. - Top - End - #26

So.. Hum..

Pretty long since an update, eh?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

So.. Hum..

Pretty long since an update, eh?
    Oh no, this is pretty normal for Prequel. I advise you to find some more faster-updating fare, if your waiting for this to update, you'll be here for quite a while.

28. - Top - End - #28

And update (really if you don't have one get an rss reader it's much better for thingss that don't have a regular schedule)
    Well that went surprisingly well. Those reasonable people with their reasonable ideas about communication instead of convoluted plans, geez.

29. - Top - End - #29

That invisibility cloak seems like a terrible and fantastic idea...

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

So, so very glad to see that Katia is being treated fairly for once.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll