New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Prequel -or- Everything Is A Federal Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable

Aww... our little khajiit is growing up!
    You can always rely on the kindness of strangeness.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: Prequel -or- Everything Is A Federal Issue And Also Trying To Make You Miserable

Well, that took a while, but there are four new updates!
    1) =>, which has pictures but no flash just yet
    2) Prequel: Precede, which is a complete side story that is the prequel to Prequel.
    3) Dodger: Break the Law, an ongoing side story about a young Argonian that will update continuously as more money is pumped into
    4) An IndieGoGo campaign for Prequel mercandise!

So much excitement! Happy Tales and Tallows!

EDIT: Wow, there was a LOT more to that Prequel prequel than meets the eye. Specifically, the dream sequences.
    Spoiler: Hints about getting the alternate ending: Dream 1
    Show
    For the first dream, get as far to the front of the ship as you can while on deck.
    Spoiler: Solution
    Show
    When you reach the deck, go to the back of the ship and wait for the spirit to approach. Before it has a clear path to you, right as it's about to join you on the upper level, run down the opposite stairs and get to the front of the ship as fast as possible. Approach the cloaked figure for the alternate ending (trypophobia warning).
    Spoiler: Hints about getting the alternate ending: Dream 2
    Show
    For the second dream, you won't get anywhere unless Katia has thouroughly explored the ship. Otherwise she won't have the right memories.
    Spoiler: Solution
    Show
    You need to examine four things before sleeping: the dumbwaiter in the kitchen, the chest of wands in the north side of the cargo hold, the crate of Dwemer (dwarf) artifacts in the southern side of the cargo hold, and the crate of measuring weights, also in the southern side.
    During the dream sequence, examine the door to the east, then gather the artifacts, wands, and weights from the containers before the water level gets too high. Then use them on the east door and crawl through the dumbwaiter once you enter the other room.
    Last edited by Fralex; 2015-11-01 at 12:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Game spoilers:

It sounds like the first dream has a solution as well if you find silver or magical objects

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Game spoilers:

It sounds like the first dream has a solution as well if you find silver or magical objects
    That's not how spoiler tags work! >:
    Also, wow, really? Were you able to defeat it?
    Spoiler: Or is this just an idea you had?
    Show
    I remember looking all over for a silver or magical weapon, but the only one I knew of is the one the creature steals from the rooms and murders everyone with.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished archive binging this. I like it getting used to the update schedule will take a while. Perhaps I'll reread some of the stuff I skimmed regarding dithering about trying to get to a decision. Story is nice but the emotional roller coaster is rather hillier than I'm used to. But progress is progress no matter the setbacks.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    That's not how spoiler tags work! >:
    Also, wow, really? Were you able to defeat it?
    Spoiler: Or is this just an idea you had?
    Show
    I remember looking all over for a silver or magical weapon, but the only one I knew of is the one the creature steals from the rooms and murders everyone with.
    Spoiler: Just an idea
    Show
    I didn't implement it, no. The fire-wand chest is locked in the dream. There's also silver in the crates near the fire-wand but I couldn't access them either.

How far did you get in the second dream?
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2015-11-05 at 03:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler: Just an idea
    Show
    I didn't implement it, no. The fire-wand chest is locked in the dream. There's also silver in the crates near the fire-wand but I couldn't access them either.

How far did you get in the second dream?
    Spoiler: I reached the end
    Show
    I got out of the bottom floor before dying, saw a strange conversation take place, then the dream ended.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Just finished archive binging this. I like it getting used to the update schedule will take a while. Perhaps I'll reread some of the stuff I skimmed regarding dithering about trying to get to a decision. Story is nice but the emotional roller coaster is rather hillier than I'm used to. But progress is progress no matter the setbacks.
    I remember Kazerad saying that Prequel is something of an experiment to learn where the real limits in storytelling actually lie. One question he wanted to answer was definitely "how hopeless can you make a story before a significant amount of your audience gives up on it?"
    Another question was evidently, "can you convince new readers to stay even if you initially trick them into thinking it's actually about ponies?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

It's an interesting question, to say the least. It seems, judging by rereading this thread and the previous thread, is that as long as each trough is followed by a bigger peak than last time, then you can keep going. ... which gives me the feeling, that since she just had a moment of legitimate badass, AND the opportunity to cash in and complete her 'quest' completely and go back to Quill Weaver with her head high, that another crash is pending. We'll see. Each time she finds a new teacher, it makes it worth it. But you can't stay in the trough for too long, otherwise the light of hope begins to fade.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    Spoiler: I reached the end
    Show
    I got out of the bottom floor before dying, saw a strange conversation take place, then the dream ended.
    Spoiler: I made another go at it
    Show
    Is the gal on the telephone the dream goddess we see in the main comic? The third dream is different as well after the phonecall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who is that starved dragon?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler: I made another go at it
    Show
    Is the gal on the telephone the dream goddess we see in the main comic? The third dream is different as well after the phonecall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who is that starved dragon?

Spoiler: Yes, that's who that is.
    Show
    I believe Vaermina was also the weird, hole-covered thing Katia saw on the first night. I bet she's investigating something related to what Gaius Atrum told her a month ago about the cultist dreams. The entity on the other end of the phone sounds like Hermeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of knowledge and fate. His personal realm is a giant library of forbidden knowledge.

As for the dragon-thing, that is probably Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. He is the cheif deity in the Nine Divines pantheon and is innately connected to the ruling bloodline of the Cyrodiilic Empire. As long as an heir is wearing the Amulet of Kings, he'll be able to keep the Daeda in their home plane of Oblivion.
    Spoiler: Oblivion Plot Spoilers
    Show
    In a few days, the king of Cyrodiil will be murdered along with his three heirs, triggering the opening of the gates to Oblivion. In the climax of Oblivion, the hero will locate a fourth, previously unknown heir (a priest that Katia met in Kvatch and was mysteriously terrified of). He will sacrifice himself to become Akatosh's avatar, a golden, fiery dragon, and close the gates to Oblivion.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Dodger: Break the Law is getting pretty intense!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler: Took me long enough to realize
    Show

Someday, with luck, you might even find a way to translate your name that obscures its actual meaning of “Porcupine Dodger”. Your nameday ceremony went weird.
    Dodger is Quill-Weave. Of course she is. I guess that means she survives her encounter with Boarbread.
    "The error is to be human"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Did anyone else order something on the IndieGoGo mercandise run? The campaign descriptions were so entertaining I had to get a tote bag.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

I got the totebag one too. Only 78 out of 960 people (~8%) chose that option, so if anybody else from GITP forums got it, it might be statistically interesting. Maybe we just hate tee shirts but love webcomics.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Spojaz View Post
    I got the totebag one too. Only 78 out of 960 people (~8%) chose that option, so if anybody else from GITP forums got it, it might be statistically interesting. Maybe we just hate tee shirts but love webcomics.
    I was initially going to get the Scale tapestry (or maybe it's just a blanket you hang up as one), but then realized a tote bag had better chances of ending up in places where lots of people would see it and maybe some would recognize it. I'd've gotten a T-shirt, but it cost more. Also, I own T-shirts already, but I've never had a tote bag.

EDIT: Why on Earth did Kaz not make a Fruity Tote?!
    Last edited by Fralex; 2015-12-30 at 03:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Is there any sign of life in this comic? I just finished an archive binge, but I'm quite dismayed by the time since the last update.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Is there any sign of life in this comic? I just finished an archive binge, but I'm quite dismayed by the time since the last update.
    oh no, this is perfectly normal. I'm actually kind of annoyed that you gave me a false alarm about its flash update.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

It's taking a while because there's going to be a flash update? Are those a big deal? Because they don't work for me (Android). All I get are the bits in the summaries.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2016-01-05 at 11:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    It's taking a while because there's going to be a flash update? Are those a big deal?
    Yeah, we get a pretty good video game instead of several dozen panels. The most recent one was big enough that it took me a half hour to play through, and I didn't find all the secrets. I suggest you find a way to play them. They good.

Unfortunately, the time it is taking to get more pages is extremely normal for this comic (welcome to purrgatory) especially with the added delay this time from ordering and shipping the precious mercandise. We also have two new side stories since the last page, so current page frequency is rather better than it looks right now.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

Yeah, I'm working on a fan-reading with some people online, and although the progress is slow, I'm curious how long it'll take to catch up to Kazerad once we get going.