New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dungeons of Doom (Room 1;2)

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom. You are all going to die down here sooner or later. You shouldn’t have insulted the DM’s mother or took his dice hostage in battle. Now you face the consequences. As you enter the next dungeon, all of you step onto a 40 by 40 feet field teleport trap that instantly transports you in the deepest cavern of a dungeon completely unknown to you. There is no escape and there is no exit. Just try to stay alive as long as you can.

Note that you are in separated rooms. No metagaming, no communication between the rooms.

Room 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You stay back and decide to help Deckmaster to catch up with the others. You go back for a while to catch up with him and you meet him there, alive and not even soiled. You continue your way up higher into the mountain, but as you ascend you have a weird feiling that something has changed since you went down although you are not able to lay the finger on it. You continue further and further but you don't think that you have yet seen the corridor where you encountered the Sewer Purge. You continue nonetheless and you notice the main hallway becoming more and more narrow. An uncanny feeling builds and you are soon convinced that there is some sort of magic nearby. Suddenly you notice as well that the corridor has become sloped all of a sudden. Unfortunately, you have already stepped on the pressure plate. From behind you hear a click and a mechanism being activated. You turn around only to see a large boulder rolling down the hallway towards you. It is currently 40 feet away from you while traveling at 6 mph and accelerating. The corridor in front of you is about ten feet wide and high, almost all of which is filled by the boulder, and stretches out for another 250 feet in front of you until it reaches an intersection.

Room 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After leaving behind the rescue group, you advance through the corridor. You notice that the hallways become flatter and wider and you notice smaller intersections although there is a clear main road at all times. You follow the main route until it becomes rougher and you see a natural cavern appear at the end of the hallway. You hear noise from somewhere in the cavern, so you approach it with caution.
    As you sneak towards the opening, you are able to peek into a large natural cavern of about 120 feet in diameter at its widest. The exit of your hallway is in an elevated position on one of the walls with a narrow path leading down to ground level into the cavern. Inside you see a group of half-orcs and humans sitting around a fire, laughing and talking loudly. The path leads to the other side of the cave, but is almost adjacent to the group around the fire. As your eyes adjust to the flickeirng light of the fire, you see some sort of cages lying on the floor with small creatures in them.

These are your situations. You have until Friday, 7 PM Eastern to decide on a course of action.

: The Support Thread. Check out Gear and Physical State of you and your companions

{table="head"]{colsp=3}The Players in the Dungeon of Doom
    Aegeus|Alive|Room 2
    Akaziel|Alive|Room 2
    Altharis|DEAD|Room 1
    Amiria, Countess of Mispelling|Alive|Room 2
    Calamity|Alive|Room 1
    Case|DEAD|Room 1
    Castaras|Alive|Room 2
    Deckmaster|Alive|Room 1
    DLD|Alive|Room 2
    Eldritch Knight|DEAD|Room 1
    El Jaspero|Alive|Room 2
    evnafets|Alive|Room 2
    Fredricus|Alive|Room 2
    Frigs|Alive|Room 2
    GenericPC|DEAD|Room 1
    Gezina|DEAD|Room 1
    Gnome Barbarian|DEAD|Room 1
    GoC|Alive|Room 1
    Hivemind Ghost|Alive|Room 2
    HyramGraff|Alive|Room 2
    Jazzman|Alive|Room 2
    KewlKat|Alive|Room 2
    Krystal Tiger|Alive|Room 2
    Kyrian|Alive|Room 2
    Lucid Archon|Alive|Room 2
    Maggie the Cat|DEAD|Room 1
    Mewtarthio|Alive|Room 2
    Meynolds|DEAD|Room 1
    Orzel|Alive|Room 1
    pendell|Alive|Room 1
    pingcode20|Alive|Room 1
    Rigel Cyrosea|Alive|Room 2
    Rumda|Alive|Room 2
    Thes Hunter|Alive|Room 2
    Warpfire777|DEAD|Room 1
    Zar Peter|Alive|Rooom 2
    [/table]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons of Doom (Room 1;2)

Room 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mewtarthio, trying his best to remain unnoticed, gagues the distance to the "exit," attempting to tell if he can DimDoor over to it. Of course, seeing as the occupants are apparently humanoid, he also readies his Wand of Charm Monster, just in case someone hostile notices him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Room 2

Akaziel grips the wall, trying to stay hidden. He prepares the wand and his trident, both can be immediately used if need be. The Anymug is also filled with jelly. And lots of it.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(Room 2)
    Ok I think what we need here is a distraction.
    Maybe we can let whatever is in those cages out. Whats in those cages anyway? Can anyone see from here without disturbing the people around the fire?
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    (Room 2)
    Ok I think what we need here is a distraction.
    Maybe we can let whatever is in those cages out. Whats in those cages anyway? Can anyone see from here without disturbing the people around the fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Bad idea," whispers Mewtarthio, "I doubt whatever's inside will be particularly grateful to us. I suppose I could try Charming something from here, if I get a good look at it, if we need to release it later..."

((Hey, Silkenfist, seeing as you don't want any communication, and your original posts were in spoiler boxes, do you want the rest of us to talk like this, or is it okay to post normally?))
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Mew: Nah, it's fine. Just write down your room somewhere on top of your post.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Room 2

DLD looks uncertainly towards evnafets. Define "distraction..."
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Room 2
    Maybe I could cause a distraction with this rod...
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

9. - Top - End - #9

Room 1

"We need to block the boulder now!" yells Corven.

He has his fingers on his ring, anxious about the incoming boulder. If it closes to 20 feet, Corven will trigger the ring of controlled teleportation to 'port to the other side of the boulder.

10. - Top - End - #10

((I wonder if room 1 is what I think it is...?))
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!

Pokemon X Info:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Room 2

"Huh... distraction, eh? We've got a fire, that can be drenched... things in cages, whatever they are.... and that group over there. What do you suggest we do?"

I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Room 2

Jazzman (at the moment is visible), aware of his need to stay alive as long as possible so Deckmaster and the others can port back to him safely, focuses on his sword. The blade lengthens, and both it and the hilt widen, and crystallise into adamantine, forming a tower shield, with a handle so i can wield it, that retains the hilt (still holding the stone) and edge of the sword, as well as the tip.

He turns round and addresses the others.

"I can get Rigel close enough to lob a few ditherbombs into the group. I reckon sprays of acid might serve as a distraction."

Jazzman readies his ring of invisibility, ready to hide both him and Rigel if need be.

((lmao, thought of the perfect distraction. I could throw Orzel's rock into the middle of the group. I reckon 5 adventurers suddenly materialising in the centre of their camp would be a distraction and a half XD))
    Last edited by Jazzman; 2007-04-18 at 09:10 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Room 2

Ditherbombs would be quite the distraction, but I don't think that's neccesarily going to be a good idea. I could lob the irresistable Ordon Goat Cheese near them. That would be a distraction, and it won't neccasarily make them hostile. If that doesn't work, then we could try the ditherbombs
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Room 1
    *Calamity sees the boulder, and his eyes widen in horror, he comes to his senses though*

"Quick, everyone! Get around me, I will activate the ring of protection!"

*Calamity does what he says*

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Room #1
    "There's no way this can be that simple. Whatever is behind the rock must be worse than what's in front of it. Passwall!"
    A 5' by 8' by 25' hole appears in the wall like so:

---------------------------
    . . . . . T . . . . . . . . . . . . B
    -------- . -----------------
    --------- . ----------------
    ---------- . ---------------
    ----------- . --------------
    ---------------------------
    B=boulder
    T=team

GoC jumps into the hole and motions for the others to get in too.
    "Calamity, stand just inside the hole and use your ring of protection. If the boulder nullifies magic you won't die and it will prevent whatever is behind the boulder from getting through. If the danger come from the other end you can deactivate it and I will attack whatever monster comes up. Deckmaster, use your tome to find out what is behind the rock."
    Last edited by GoC; 2007-04-18 at 03:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'll do as you say GoC, as they say, it's better to be safe safer than sorry. Good idea.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

17. - Top - End - #17

Room 2

"Careful, we don't want to provoke them. Yet. We'll need to come up with a plan before we rush in throwing things everywhere. Now, as I mentioned before, I could probably safely Charm a few monsters in the cages, should we decide to release them, but I doubt I'd be able to hold them off from everyone else. Don't worry: If I'd intended to dump the rest of you guys, I'd just 'port over to that exit.

"I think that we should look a bit more closely and see if anyone appears to be important. I could try to Charm them. Failing that, the element of surprise will be lost when whoever I target notices the mental intrusion, so we might as well attack before he can raise an alarm. I don't think that brute force is the way to go here, though: Something tells me these guys won't go down easily. If we get into a fight without a coherent plan, it's every man for himself. Of course, as we're planning for the contingencies, we'll need to look for any authority figures. And I'm curious as to what's in those cages, too. Does anyone have any items that could help?

"...Okay, I'll admit it. A pair of magical glasses and a Tome of Infinite Knowledge would have been useful here."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Room 1

Orzel jumps into the hole in the wall. "Once we get the target secure, we're out."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Room 2

"Hang on! I've got it. Amira, could you lend me your slippers? I'll climb across the ceiling invisible, I could get a better look at what's in the cages that way. Someone'd need to hold Orzel's rock if I did that, though."

((oh....oh man, I just had the best idea EVER

Picture this: Combine the Metamorphic Sword with the ring of invisibility, Mug of Endless Grog, and, the slippers of Spider climbing.

Person X climbs up, extends the (invisible) sword across the cave, and makes it into a very wide blade that dips in the middle. Fill up the dip with grog from the mug, then open up the dip, so the grog gets dumped across as many of the men as possible, and right across the fire.

WHUMPH, instant barbecue of most of the people!

....okay, so it's really far-fetched, but I havent slept in about 26 hours, so go figure :P ))
    Last edited by Jazzman; 2007-04-18 at 06:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

PaladinGuy

Room 2:

Whatever is in those cages doesn't have to be grateful to us. It just has to be causing some distraction among the party at the fire.
    While they are tied up trying to get the things back in the cages, we just walk past in the confusion?
    Ok, maybe a bad idea.

How many are there around the fire? We could always go with the "Kill everything in sight" plan. Do you think we could take them?

Or we could try joining the party. They're not necessarily hostile are they? Anyone got any dwarven beer?

Or we could try exploring the side tunnels to see if there is a way around the main cavern.

Just tossing out options here
    Last edited by evnafets; 2007-04-18 at 06:39 PM.
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

" Hmm, tricky. They could be bounty hunters catching dangerous criminals, or kidnappers catching monsters. O say infor is the best at this time." Frigs crawls onto his bellie and inches across the floor with his sword out.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

22. - Top - End - #22

RedWizardGuy

(Room 2)
    Aegeus rummages through his belt and whips out a mirror and a bullseye lantern (filled and lit). As he pulls out the lantern, he covers the opening with the mirror (to prevent the people from spotting him). He then uses the mirror to reflect the light from the lantern over to the opposite side of the cavern.

He whispers: "With a little luck, our friends down there will go off on a wild goose chase while we sneak down this path."

If the people don't fall for it, Aegeus will keep sneaking and hope he isn't spotted.

"I'm thinking that I might be able to stealth-kill one of them with a thrown dagger. I probably won't be noticed because it returns, but I don't want to take the risk. What do you think?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Room 1:

I follow everyone's lead, but not before using my glasses' X-ray feature to try and see what's behind the boulder.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

((I bet half the people in room 2 are wishing I was there as I've currently got the most effective multi-target weapon in the party.))

"Deckmaster, what do you see?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We need to see if the group is hostile first before doing anything... I've got a plan... One of us goes there and gives a peace offering. If they're not hostile, they'll let us through. If they are... well, someone's gotta back 'em up, preferably with a powerful weapon. Oh, and evnafets, you wanted dwarven beer? I've got some of that." Akaziel empties the Anymug and fills it with said beer.

26. - Top - End - #26

((No, I've got the most effective Multi-Target weapon - I can wipe out an entire race and then some with it. Granted, it's not much help if you're not trying to kill everything of that race, but still.))

Corven also climbs into the hole in the wall, still ready to trip the ring should everything go kittywhompus.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

((the rod of wonder CAN be an effective multi target weapon but its more likly to be effectively harmless))
    Room 2
    why not just use everything at once that will cause a distraction
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

28. - Top - End - #28

DLD remains silent, ready to draw her Keyblade and attack if need be.
    Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 2007-04-19 at 10:19 PM.
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!

Pokemon X Info:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kyrian readies Renegade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Room 1
    Spoiler
    Show

Pendell hurriedly follows GoC into the passwall-created tunnel

Are we supposed to have our stuff behind spoiler tags? I don't think we're supposed to know what's going on in room 2, or vice versa.

BTW, GoC FTW! If there's an MVP award at the end of the game, you've just earned points toward that.

Respectfully,

Brian P.