New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Default Pathfinder soulknife help

I rolled phenomenal ability scores and I want to play a dexterity based Soulknife. I'm not sure which archetype I want.

The cutthroat is great because I really like playing rogueish characters and the skill points will make me relevant out of combat. Sneak attack, craven, and staggering strike will add up to a decent lockdown build.

However, I'm starting at level 4 and the game probably won't go past 8-10. Being dexterity based, I'm relatively feat starved. Would a nimble gifted blade be better?

Should I start out with THF and switch to TWF when my BAB is high enough to manage it?

I can take two flaws, and my stats are 10 20 16 10 15 14. I'm going to use an ACF to replace Wild Talent with Hidden Talent. All of 3.5 and most things on pfsrd are allowed.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder soulknife help

Pick Deadly Agility and go to town with cut-throat soulknife, but if you want powers then Gifted Blade is the superior option, though sadly it isn't compatible with Cut-throat

If you go human and Gifted Blade (or any other archetype other than Cut-throat) you can get TWF, Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility without touching flaws
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Pathfinder soulknife help

I could also play an elan. The whole "my entire race is a secret society" thing is very rogueish.
    For my two hidden talents, which of these should I choose:
    compression, chameleon, skate, whatever the Psionic shield spell is called.

I'm leaning towards compression and shield. A couple tattoos of the others would probably be fine.