New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XVIII: Invisible Hand of the Legendary Smoke Knights

Gee, just waht the GG-verse needs is a healthy dose of ]Doc. But what happens when he discovers Agatha's Spark Roast Coffee?
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChowGuy View Post
    Gee, just waht the GG-verse needs is a healthy dose of ]Doc. But what happens when he discovers Agatha's Spark Roast Coffee?
    Well, he seems to already be a spark, so I guess he'd fit in well?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

I wonder if they managed to loot the 'very shiny thing' off of Tweedle before they left. Looking forward to King Krosp's glorious moment next strip .

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think that Kosp went off to find/rescue his "Dad".
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to agree with Wooster - smart cats are trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I think that Kosp went off to find/rescue his "Dad".
    For all we know Dr. Dim is still on Castle Wulfenbach, which would make a rescue operation rather difficult. Direct assault seems very unwise, and the bears aren't really made for being sneekey.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-06 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post

For all we know Dr. Dim is still on Castle Wulfenbach, which would make a rescue operation rather difficult. Direct assault seems very unwise, and the bears aren't really made for being sneekey.
    Perhaps he'll play with his food, nipping at the edges of the empire to weaken it, before barging in when they're at their weakest and rescuing his creator.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    They DO seem to be able to get themselves into even more spectacular difficulties than your average cat.

But Krosp is a VERY smart cat. He might be able to avoid disaster. Or cause one that helps Agatha. (We don't know how the Master of Paris is going to react to Agatha. Krosp might be considering he needs to prepare a rescue force...)

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    They DO seem to be able to get themselves into even more spectacular difficulties than your average cat.

But Krosp is a VERY smart cat. He might be able to avoid disaster. Or cause one that helps Agatha. (We don't know how the Master of Paris is going to react to Agatha. Krosp might be considering he needs to prepare a rescue force...)
    Krosp is also fairly arrogant and proud. As many a Spark destroyed by their own creation can attest, these qualities are pretty detrimental to the positive effects of intelligence

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I think maybe Krosp is going back home to figure out what poppa's true intentions for him were. Krosp always viewed himself as a mistake of science, the product of a very stupid idea... but apparently his poppa thought of him as his greatest masterpiece and even left behind an army for him. Krosp may feel a new sense of purpose, a sense that there is something he should be doing for himself or Poppa, rather than just helping Agatha out.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2015-05-06 at 02:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I think maybe Krosp is going back home to figure out what poppa's true intentions for him were. Krosp always view himself as a mistake of science, the product of a very stupid idea... but apparently his poppa thought of him as his greatest masterpiece and even left behind an army for him. Krosp may feel a new sense of purpose, a sense that there is something he should be doing for himself or Poppa, rather than just helping Agatha out.
    Is this going to be like Haki? He had latent powers all along that never showed up even in the most life-threatening situations?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatosic View Post
    Is this going to be like Haki? He had latent powers all along that never showed up even in the most life-threatening situations?
    No, but it could be that there was more purpose to krosp than he was aware. He was told he was supposed to control cats to use them as spies, but maybe that was just a ruse to make sure the baron wouldn't bother looking for him; or maybe it was just quirky sparkiness on Dim's part. Perhaps the true goal of krosp was to create an animal construct with genius intelligence. All of the animal constructs we have seen only had very basic intelligence; heck they have trouble with speech. I might imagine that trying to enhance an animal's brain to be as smart as human would have a lot of difficulties involved. Krosp however is very intelligent; the possible end goal of Dim's animal construct research. Heck maybe Dr.Dim had sparky dreams of a world ruled by animals that would replace the human race and thus he intended Krosp to be a conquerer and/or a ruler. Its not that krosp has a secret power, but he may have somekind of secret purpose that he isn't aware of

Though i guess if he did have a hidden ability, it could be that his control over cats actaully goes for all animals... and that maybe that control extends to any constructs based on animals. Would be hilarious if Krosp could get the spark wolves to follow him aswell.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2015-05-06 at 02:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Though i guess if he did have a hidden ability, it could be that his control over cats actaully goes for all animals... and that maybe that control extends to any constructs based on animals. Would be hilarious if Krosp could get the spark wolves to follow him aswell.
    (bolding mine)

Is... is Krosp a Disney Princess?
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

13. - Top - End - #43

RedWizardGuy

tose it up for next update.
    by the way, if the other finally removed from agatha's mind, the locket will block her from concentrated?

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by With a box View Post
    tose it up for next update.
    by the way, if the other finally removed from agatha's mind, the locket will block her from concentrated?
    When she got it back she thought it didn't work anymore because her mind has become too strong for it not because of having the other in her.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

We also don't know what Klaus did to it when he repaired it. It's possible that "suppress Lucrezia" is now its sole function. (He didn't know Agatha was possessed, but he thought she was Lucrezia, and may have redesigned the locket to suppress Lucrezia's thought-processes specifically.)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Colossus in the Playground

Imagine if it actually WAS suppressing agathas spark still? All this time, she has been running on half power due to the necklace restricting her ability. I. . . I think I just peed a little in terror.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Imagine if it actually WAS suppressing agathas spark still? All this time, she has been running on half power due to the necklace restricting her ability. I. . . I think I just peed a little in terror.
    I believe Agatha actually has thoughts to that effect in the novelization - something along the lines of her still being able to feel the locket trying to suppress her Spark, but that she's learning to work despite its effects.

I'm not sure if I ever want to see what a fully-Sparked, de-Other'd Agatha Heterodyne is capable of.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

18. - Top - End - #48

BarbarianGuy

Trained bear.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

19. - Top - End - #49

The train has a brain.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    The train has a brain.
    Brother Ulm's brain, presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    I'm not sure if I ever want to see what a fully-Sparked, de-Other'd Agatha Heterodyne is capable of.
    "In place of the Dark Lord the Other you will set up a Queen Spark. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair."
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-05-08 at 02:15 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If only we had a bit more time before we had to start a new thread. "This bear is driving a train" would have made for a fine thread title.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2015-05-08 at 02:50 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    If only we had a bit more time before we had to start a new thread. "This bear is driving a train" would have made for a fine thread title.
    "This bear is starting a thread" would have been my suggestion after hearing that one. Thankfully it looks like the bears and their "This bear is" pattern of speech will be around for a good long while.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-05-08 at 02:57 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    "This bear is starting a thread" would have been my suggestion after hearing that one. Thankfully it looks like the bears and their "This bear is" pattern of speech will be around for a good long while.
    This bear is pleased.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, the bear lived! Although given the risk of burning cinders popping out of the firebox and igniting his fur, I don't know for how long.

Agatha doesn't do puns.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

All aboard the Ulm train!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temporal Echo View Post
    I wonder if they managed to loot the 'very shiny thing' off of Tweedle before they left. Looking forward to King Krosp's glorious moment next strip .
    Krosp's glorious moment has been delayed as His Majesty has yet to awake from his nap.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

27. - Top - End - #57
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I know it was kind of telegraphed, but I'm going to claim a 'totally called it' on Brother Ulm's mind being uploaded into the supertrain.

28. - Top - End - #58

Might be because it's 3 AM and I'm kind of tired, but Agatha's face in the last panel is cracking me up.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Brother Ulm definitely seems very happy in his new body. A little too happy.

30. - Top - End - #60

It seems that when one becomes a Corbettite monk, his real dream is to actually become a train. Of course, that's mostly impossible, so they devote their lives to driving trains instead. And training the novices, of course.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.