New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Wild Reaper animal companion question [3.5]

The entry for the Wild Reaper Druid ACF's animal companion states that the animal must be an omnivorous or carnivorous animal that feeds on carrion. Which animals do that? All I see is Dire rat, which kinda sucks. If there aren't any good ones, I'm using the CM Elemental Companion instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Wild Reaper animal companion question [3.5]

Most carnivorous animals feed upon carrion, does it call out for animals that just feed on carrion?
    Wolves, Coyotes, eagles and vultures all eat carrion. Though not exclusively.

Also from the Wiki page. Vultures, hawks, eagles, hyenas, Virginia opossum, Tasmanian devils, coyotes, Komodo dragons, and burying beetles. Many large carnivores that hunt regularly, such as hyenas, but also animals rarely thought of as scavengers, such as lions and wolves, will scavenge if given the chance.

Also lets not forget about the long time favorite Tyrannosaurus rex.
    Last edited by Thatwarforged; 2015-05-01 at 07:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure, though it seems to mean animals that just eat carrion.
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Not sure, though it seems to mean animals that just eat carrion.
    That would mean just beetles, vultures and komodo dragons are the most of the animals that exclusively eat carrion. Since most ecosystems can't support animals that eat mainly carrion. I would ask the GM, but I would say it means animals that eat carrion whenever possible (Most large carnivores) since this give an actual list not just one animal to choose from.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    That would mean just beetles, vultures and komodo dragons are the most of the animals that exclusively eat carrion. Since most ecosystems can't support animals that eat mainly carrion. I would ask the GM, but I would say it means animals that eat carrion whenever possible (Most large carnivores) since this give an actual list not just one animal to choose from.
    I'll ask around, thanks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

There's also the 'Terror Bird' from the Fiend Folio. It specifically calls out being either an apex predator or a scavenger, depending on its ecosystem.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

There's the carrion eater from Libris Mortis, which is kinda like a rat-badger thing. Vultures are in sandstorm, ravens & crows certainly eat carrion. Jackals too, and for a komodo dragon just advance a monitor lizard from MM1. Dinosaurs are more arguable, but plead a case for any you think will munch carrion. If vermin are ok, than various beetles, dire cockroach from Underdark, dire maggot from LM, giant slugs and velvet worms from Lost Empires, plus all centipedes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

According to Wikipedia article, hyenas, wolves, and even lions are carrion eaters; and, maybe, Tyrannosaurus too...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    Also from the Wiki page. Vultures, hawks, eagles, hyenas, Virginia opossum, Tasmanian devils, coyotes, Komodo dragons, and burying beetles.
    Somebody please stat up a Virginia opossum.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    There's also the 'Terror Bird' from the Fiend Folio. It specifically calls out being either an apex predator or a scavenger, depending on its ecosystem.
    +1 to Terror Bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    What legacy do we leave, after all, but those quotes that others have sigged?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergmo View Post
    What do you do when you fight an undead that turns into a spider that's filled with spiders that turns into spiders after trapping you in magical webbing? You scream, and you never stop.
    'Prax' is fine.

Take your forklift safety seriously, kids. You'll lose, every time.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Never mind, decided to go with Sidhe Scholar Druid. Thanks everyone.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theodred theOld View Post
    Somebody please stat up a Virginia opossum.
    Became my new favorite quote