New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: "I hereby revoke your permission to ask me difficult questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad of Pellinor View Post
    I did notice that he took Vinnie's advice after page 43 was posted, not before. And I've decided that it's probably a good idea not to take anything in this comic for granted, especially not until we know more about the characters....So no, it's not a joke.
    It should be. I mean often I say something like "Alright you don't get to talk anymore" which is a joke. To take it seriously is....Disturbing.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad of Pellinor View Post
    I did notice that he took Vinnie's advice after page 43 was posted, not before. And I've decided that it's probably a good idea not to take anything in this comic for granted, especially not until we know more about the characters....So no, it's not a joke.
    Maybe it's a gender thing? Seriously, that's just how guys talk to each other. "Dude, you don't get to talk anymore"...I hear it (and say it) all the time.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanC View Post
    Maybe it's a gender thing? Seriously, that's just how guys talk to each other. "Dude, you don't get to talk anymore"...I hear it (and say it) all the time.
    That's a good point....I mean, a lot of girls I know will say "shut up" or something to the same effect and be completely joking, but they're almost always laughing obviously as they're saying it. And if they're not, then people almost instantly call them b****es (I don't know if that's supposed to be censored?) So I was kind of surprised that Vinnie had no reaction to Ansom's demand except to stop.

But the point is that my initial reaction when reading the strip was that Ansom's expression was serious, as was Vinnie's and Vinnie was simply obeying Ansom's orders. I thought that was kind of surprising, so I posted this thread.
    "Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back, burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I found Serenity, but you can't take the sky from me."

May the Force be with you.

Why are you standing in the courtyard holding a parasol painted like a bullseye?

Highlight: I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanC View Post
    Possibly. While the sample size is obviously much too small, my personal experience is that this particular style of banter is a "guy thing".

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Stanley is actually rather psychotic- telling Parson he can destroy him with a "thought".

Ansom and Vinnie are good friends, I believe, and I love the idea. The noble knight in shining armor that leads the good guys... is best friends with a vampire who talks like a mobster.

Wow. That's insanely awesome on its own bloody merits.
    Noble Axeman of the Roy fanclub. Why?

Look at this face. That's why. That is one awesome face!

" MAMA'S BOY!"- Kefka cosplayer to Sephiroth cosplayer.