New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Taninim and Draconic Exemplar

I recently stumbled across Taninim Dragon race and the Draconic Exemplar class from the 3rd-party Pathfinder book In the Company of Dragons. It seems fairly interesting, and definitely one of the more balanced options for playing a dragon I've encountered. However, I was curious if anyone had actually ever used this class in play before, and if so, how it compared to the more normal classes. So here I am, asking now.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Taninim and Draconic Exemplar

I'm running a game where my 4 players are using the race and a slightly modified version of it; insofar as I'm gestalting the class features onto base classes. I have no idea how it's going to go but it will be fun!

If you're curious about the things I changed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The compulsions were rolled into a hero point system instead of being a flat will save; so as to not let dice dominate roleplaying. I made the draconic weaponry not have daily uses and instead shifted the uses onto draconic gifts. Some powers were thus limited (breath weapon only 1d4 rounds, venomous bite limited to Con Mod per day). I made the stat increases actually match up with the actual size increases for dragons, resulting in massive, massive stats at 20th level. Given what I plan to throw at them I'm not too worried.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Taninim and Draconic Exemplar

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    I'm running a game where my 4 players are using the race and a slightly modified version of it; insofar as I'm gestalting the class features onto base classes. I have no idea how it's going to go but it will be fun!

If you're curious about the things I changed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The compulsions were rolled into a hero point system instead of being a flat will save; so as to not let dice dominate roleplaying. I made the draconic weaponry not have daily uses and instead shifted the uses onto draconic gifts. Some powers were thus limited (breath weapon only 1d4 rounds, venomous bite limited to Con Mod per day). I made the stat increases actually match up with the actual size increases for dragons, resulting in massive, massive stats at 20th level. Given what I plan to throw at them I'm not too worried.
    Aw man, that sounds like fun. Wish I could've joined in.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.