New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Question Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIV: To Heir is Human - To Faith 10, Divine

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I have been looking through the NPC kingdoms y'all have linked and they are all nice.
    But, I think I would like to start a fresh kingdom.
    That way I can bring to you a unique area from the seafloor up. ;P

On that note I had a few questions.
    If I am understanding everything right the area near U13 and U16 is unexplored?
    Also what are the restrictions on race?
    I was thinking of an underwater race, maybe some kind of fish people. >^o^<

Once I get these sorted it shouldn't be to hard to fluff up something interesting.

Dracolon doesn't know where the door is....
    Gengy you're pretty awesome, thanks for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIV: To Heir is Human - To Faith 10, Divine

Quote Originally Posted by Dracolon View Post
    Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I have been looking through the NPC kingdoms y'all have linked and they are all nice.
    But, I think I would like to start a fresh kingdom.
    That way I can bring to you a unique area from the seafloor up. ;P

On that note I had a few questions.
    If I am understanding everything right the area near U13 and U16 is unexplored?
    Also what are the restrictions on race?
    I was thinking of an underwater race, maybe some kind of fish people. >^o^<

Once I get these sorted it shouldn't be to hard to fluff up something interesting.
    I must admit I'm completely out of touch with what's going on with underwater regions but from what I understand U16 is currently empty and there is probably at least one more underwater region to the east of it.

There are no meaningful restrictions on race, provided that it broadly speaking makes sense (i.e. that your people can survive underwater), so if you were going to start underwater that would be pretty much a given. Since the majority of people have terrestrial species, something that can breathe air at least for short periods would make it a lot easier to interact with the rest of the game at events and the like. Gengy's people are shapeshifters for this reason. Way's underwater people (not his primary region) are I think fully aquatic so you have odd scenes like them dragging a fishtank into events, while I think the Nix are fully amphibious. There are a couple of rules to do with where you can build troops and what kind of troops and so on but there's no need to worry about that just yet.

Something I would recommend in the strongest possible terms, especially if you're not going to start with an established NPC, is looking into vassalage. It may not sound terribly appealing on the face of it but it's arguable that being a Greater Vassal is just about the cushiest position in the game, and vassals tend to get advantages that other players don't, like free technologies (and military backup from their liege). A number of our new players have struggled to get off the ground recently and I think their refusal to consider vassalage has been part of the reason why (whereas conversely, those who've effectively started as vassals have tended to flourish). If you were to start in U16, for instance, you have well-established players on almost all sides, with relatively little room for you to manoeuvre, so unless you have at least one of them batting for you things might be a bit frustrating.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree with all of the things that are mentioned above, except for one: U16 is occupied. By the Malleus (shark people, with varied forms based on gender). However! U14 and U15 are undiscovered, but it is not too much of a leap of faith to consider them as being to the east of U13 and U16.

Praeclarus and the UJR have made... territorial claims on those waters, but that's mostly fluff to (politely) warn away existing players.

If you are interested in the region(s) east of U13/U16 (possibly just one, hard to say, it's undiscovered), I'd love to speak with you some more. PM me. I may have a pretty sweet deal for you.

[edit]
    As far as Races go, I whole-heatedly recommend looking into these three posts. Not only because I wrote them, but also because they would be (potentially) among your neighbors, should that be the area you are starting in.

Alternative: To the west and south of U34 is a much wider, open area. The only IC history we have of it is that it was once a part of the Golden Nation of Waedyr, and likely (but not required!) populated by Makgrull. If you were interested in starting to the west of U34, I'd also love to speak with you. Aaaannd, Quinton may have ideas for you.
    Last edited by Gengy; 2015-05-23 at 09:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, does anyone have a link to the site that makes that coat of arms thing? I remember it, but I don't remember its name or URL.

Putting together U27 and the Holy States.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Hey, does anyone have a link to the site that makes that coat of arms thing? I remember it, but I don't remember its name or URL.

Putting together U27 and the Holy States.
    This one?

For future reference (and new players, etc.) some of these sort of resources are linked on the first page of the OOC. Although if anyone knows of any more I'm sure links to them would be gratefully received.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi Dracolon,

Nice to see some more men of the sea in the game, since they are rather lacking. Everyone has already given you the appropriate pleasantries, so I will merely ask you, in the politest possible manner, to keep you infidels out of my land.
    (Unless aforementioned infidels are coming to convert, in which case, welcome).

Soommor
    Soommor
    Maker of Plays, King of the Pitch, First Chosen of Mazara, Camel Sniper, Last Remaining Fragment of Bill Shatner's Mind, Agony Incarnate, Not Jesus, Inventor of the Electric Condom, General Disaster, King of Africa and Uganda in Particular, Better than the Rest of Us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDM View Post
    Oh you are just a treat.
    A Brutal and Shameless Plug if I ever saw one.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlarGamer

My Blog
    https://benology.wordpress.com/

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone want to roleplay together at Seventh Tellurian Games event?
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2015-05-23 at 05:12 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Normally, Kasa, I would be all for Roleplay. Gengy, however, is very busy.

• 15-page research paper
    • 30-page document answering questions about the field of Game Design
    • Cleaning apartment for the imminent arrival of Gengy's mother, who is coming to celebrate graduation
    • Oh, and a presentation on the research paper
    • All to be done within the one week remaining of school... which also includes one more week of classes that need attending

If you guys are expecting anything from me this week, make sure it's sent to me via PM. It's the only way to be sure that I'll see it. I doubt I'll be on Skype much.

[edit]Further proving my point, Gengy finished this post by signing it with his usual email sign-off:

- [Gengy's RL name]

...Yeah. I'm scatterbrained today. I'm gonna go watch anime and eat something. Battery re-charge time!
    Last edited by Gengy; 2015-05-23 at 05:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I may be able to indulge you, Kasanip. The UJR would like to talk to their republican cousins in the West!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sure! I'll send someone to you.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's long overdue that I send somebody to meet the only republic I know of that's practically on my doorstep.
    "Everyfing I see is mine. All da uvver bits are mine too - I just ain't got there yet." - Grimgor Ironhide

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes! I posted and made sure Mellado bumped into your Knight.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

I can, when I get to it if you still want to!
    I was meaning to ask if anyone wanted to RP with me before I left for a day, but didn't get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Something I would recommend in the strongest possible terms, especially if you're not going to start with an established NPC, is looking into vassalage. It may not sound terribly appealing on the face of it but it's arguable that being a Greater Vassal is just about the cushiest position in the game, and vassals tend to get advantages that other players don't, like free technologies (and military backup from their liege). A number of our new players have struggled to get off the ground recently and I think their refusal to consider vassalage has been part of the reason why (whereas conversely, those who've effectively started as vassals have tended to flourish). If you were to start in U16, for instance, you have well-established players on almost all sides, with relatively little room for you to manoeuvre, so unless you have at least one of them batting for you things might be a bit frustrating.
    If vassalage isn't for someone, though, and they'd get along well with the Ferans I don't mind helping out IC as long as it makes sense to IC.

Didn't you learn your lesson last time with this...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsanth View Post
    Fera still likes me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Kitsanth is incapable of learning. She was born with all the knowledge she could possibly need for her entire immortal existence.
    They won't like you for very long if you sell off all the underground real estate as quickly as Maur snatched up all of the above ground regions...

In case Rain is not currently following the thread: Philote (and other people who have not yet rolled for the Games), note that the bonus system is now applied per event rather than per roll. So for an event which is 3d12, rather than rolling 1d12+n three times you just roll 3d12+n.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philote View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get it updated. People are stealth updating things on me.
    I didn't stealth update it!
    Don't worry about messing up though, as I can fix it myself anyway. And have done for some.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Alright folks, this should be the most up to date table for stats. I've updated luck for everyone, so if you think your Luck score (or any score) is wrong, prove it. This took me forever...
    I didn't realise my player Luck was so high. It was definitely lower than the others who currently have tens when I last looked at it.

Also, would it be okay for Fera to be recorded there, as An Nádur is NPC?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2015-05-24 at 02:24 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

14. - Top - End - #254
    Halfling in the Playground

Well I have been working on fluff, and I would like to thank you all for your help and advice so far.
    The warm welcome has been a blessing compared to other forums I have tried before.
    Anyway, here is what I have put together so far. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler: Cephalo’Di
    Show

Cephalo’Di
    (U14?/U13?)

Population

(150,000 + 8d10*10,000)

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    The nearly featureless expanse of ocean floor that makes up Cephalo’Di is broken up by trenches and small seamounts. The Cealophytes began the songs of their people in the trenches and dark places where Lu’Sindra flourishes. The strongest and brightest of their kind struggled and fought over the glowing patches until they tamed the Morla turtles and learned to farm Chorda Kelp.

As the population grew there came need for a firm center of authority, Melka'Ruin was built to stop the fighting over the Morla and Lu’Sindra. The strongest fighters and the few wise elders who formed the first government were soon attracting the masses with their full stockpiles of food. Now Melka'Ruin is a large multi-tiered city of spires and caves built into one of the largest seamounts in the area. The success of the city has inspired other cities to be built along the trenches and on other seamounts, but none match the grandeur of Melka'Ruin.

The legendary Morla Farms were established by the first government to help maintain the food stocks. The great herds of Morla turtles are shepherded around the sunlit areas near the surface by the still nomadic sects of the Cealophytes. Small villages are built on the backs of some of the largest Morla for the farmers to live in while tending to the farms. Chorda Kelp is grown on most of the giant creatures’ backs, more recently however the farmers have begun to experiment growing different types of food. So far Chorda Kelp still grows best and maintains the populace. As the herd moves around the sea the younger Morla are used to transport loads of Kelp back to the cities, while the nearly dead are sent to Estra’Gloom.

The Estra'Gloom Caves are a graveyard for Cealophytes, Morla, and any other substantial amount of dead flesh and vegetation. The bodies are placed around the caves and peppered with Lu’Sindra spores. The fungus decomposes the dead and grows thick before being farmed for the populace. Traditionally the best Lu’Sindra grown from a dead Cealophyte is offered to their family first. Many families keep a crypt where they feed smaller dead fish to the shrines of their ancestors. Others allow the head of the family to consume it believing that the power of their ancestor will pass onto them.

During the excavation of Estra’Gloom an odd metal was discovered. Anju’Tellurium was found to be hard to work with, but the heat from vents in the deep trenches allowed it to be worked into rough tools and spears. Recently prospecting has entered Cealophyte culture as it appears surface dwellers will trade a little of the strange metal for soft clothing.

The idea of metal in trade is odd to them since precious metals are rare and better used for gifts to the womenfolk. Instead they use pearls for trade. Color, size, and shape are used to base value and the government maintains the standards currency house in Melka'Ruin to settle disputes on proper compensation.

People
    Spoiler: Cealophytes - Bioluminescent octopus people.
    Show
    The Cealophytes are a deep sea dwelling race of half-octopus, half-human people. Their skin varies in color from deep reds to bright teals and they have glowing bioluminescence patterns, on their tentacles, arms, and occasionally if they have them head fins, that match their skin color. They lack hair but most have between two and fifty limp head tentacles which they sometimes style. Precious metal headbands are favored by womenfolk while men tend to use kelp rope or dull metal bands.

Seeing through two inky black eyes they use a series of milky eye lids instead of irises to filter out bright light. They track better underwater with scent, using a human like nose to sense impurities in the water, and their many legs to determine the current the impurities are flowing on.

Most Cealophytes cannot afford fashionable clothing and only wear simple harnesses and belt pouches for utility with the occasional backpack. Those who can purchase soft cloth from surface dwellers tend to wear short tops that do not interfere with the flexibility of their legs.

They are herbivores and focus on farming their two main crops, kelp which is the mainstay food which is distributed by the government, and Lu’Sindra fungus. The Lu’Sindra is used to brighten the glowing marking along their bodies and it is said if they go too long without some of the sea fungus their limbs grow weak. They do have oyster farms as well but this is not for food so much as to ‘mint’ new currency.

With their emergence from the sea they have learned some new things about their physiology. First, that without water they must breathe slowly, the gills on their neck weep water for a few breaths, but once that stops if they breathe too deeply they begin to choke on the air. Second, that walking is hard work. Third, talking in air is an interesting challenge. After experimenting they have found that even these problems can be overcome.

Surface dwellers often have ‘water skins’ which the Cealophytes can breathe from if the air becomes too thick. They find the need to drink water odd, but are grateful for the abundance of these devices on surface dweller ships. Breathing in from a water skin forces them to slow down and can often help them return to the shallow breaths necessary for long term exposure to air.

Walking is now being taught in the cities, with new exercise routines to prepare their limbs for the challenge. Talking has been the most difficult challenge, since their native language is merely patterns of oscillations in the pitch and frequency of a chord. Speaking in human words is not easy, especially since they cannot take deep breaths while speaking in air.

Conch shells have proven useful in this issue, the amplifying effect of the shell allows them to speak softly and still be heard by the surface dwellers, however their words tend to be distorted some depending on the shells shape and construction. Many shell crafters are making quite a bit more pearls now that the lords and ladies are seeking their work.

Spoiler: Cities
    Show
    • Melka'Ruin -The Capitol and center of culture in Cephalo’Di.
    • Estra'Peak - The small city of farmers that tend to the Estra'Gloom Caves.
    • Shepard’s Rest - A small village in expansive flatlands. It serves as a guide point for the nomads of the Morla Farms.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    • Anju’Tellurium - A blue-gray shiny metal that is similar to Iron in properties, but does not oxidize in water. It is worked mostly around the deep sea vents where the heat can soften the metal.
    • Lu’Sindra Mushrooms - Deep ocean fungi that emit a light blue to bright red glow. It is flavorful and Cealophytes eat it regularly to help brighten their glow. The fungus grows more like coral tooth fungus rather than traditional caps.
    • Chorda Kelp - High fiber kelp grown on the Morla Farms, it is used in making ropes and simple clothing. It is also used as a primary, although bland, food source for the growing population.

Spoiler: Need
    Show
    • Soft Cloth/Clothing - Leaving the sea to interact with other nations has brought fashion to a new high in the Cephalo’Di. Ladies of court demand expensive imported clothing from their husbands, and rich young lads wear suits to display their family wealth.

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    Since resources are scarce in the deep sea some of the Cealophytes have turned to praying for their needs. Often times they ask their ancestors from the shrines in their family crypts. But many have changed to worshiping the blessed tides, especially the nomadic farmers who rarely visit their family crypts.

The phrase ''May you find abundance on the blessed tides." is a common greeting given by the faithful. There are strong seasonal currents that bring an abundance of fish to the area, which feeds many Morla and also bring an abundance of dying flesh to stock the fungus farms with.

The faithful see this influx of food as the results of their devoted prayers. With each successful bumper harvest the faith of the blessed tides only grows.

Spoiler: Government
    Show
    Mostly the first government was a bunch of thugs lead by a few smart elders. It did not last long after the establishment of the Morla Farms. The second government controlled the populace with food bans. Their era ended in a crimson tide, and the leader of the revolt Lachlan Thel'Sor took control of the Cealophytes in Cephalo’Di.

He instilled a tiered government that would distribute food to the populace and insured that all citizens on the same tier received the same allotment of food. Currently the tiers are Lordly, Noble, Gilded, Freeman, Servant, and Slave.

Only the family of Thel'Sor sits in the Lordly tier. Their trusted advisors and chosen friends occupy the tier of Nobles. Guild masters and the wealthy enjoy the status of Gilded. Freemen make up the majority of the population and are the lowest tier allowed to own property. Servants voluntarily pledge their life and service to a member of a higher tier, and their food ration is based on what tier they serve. Slaves are criminals gifted another chance by a kind soul from the Gilded or higher willing to risk watching over them.

Dracolon doesn't know where the door is....
    Gengy you're pretty awesome, thanks for the avatar!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Dracolon, I like your writeup. I think U14 is probably best for you and I'll reveal it in the next map update but it's where you'd think it would be. The map will probably come next week with round open since I don't get to my computer with the maps as often as I do during school.

Anyway, it's approved but let it be known that any player joining from this point forward who disappears will not be taken up as an NPC should they go inactive unless I have a significant decrease in the current number of NPCs I'm running.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Dracolon, I like your writeup. I think U14 is probably best for you and I'll reveal it in the next map update but it's where you'd think it would be. The map will probably come next week with round open since I don't get to my computer with the maps as often as I do during school.

Anyway, it's approved but let it be known that any player joining from this point forward who disappears will not be taken up as an NPC should they go inactive unless I have a significant decrease in the current number of NPCs I'm running.
    Hey QB if I were you, I probably wouldn't bother NPC'ing Dekboard since they were only around a turn and didn't have much, if any, meaningful interaction. We all know you don't need more work. (No offense meant to Durmatagno of course.)
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

@Dracolon - We should talk. Hurosha (controlled by WaylanderX) is near you. As are some Praeclarus (that'd be me!) regions.

We are also the founding members of PADL. You are, technically, the second player to start as an aquatic race, so welcome!
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    @Dracolon - We should talk. Hurosha (controlled by WaylanderX) is near you. As are some Praeclarus (that'd be me!) regions.

We are also the founding members of PADL. You are, technically, the second player to start as an aquatic race, so welcome!
    Hey there, I am the one Gengy was talking about. I would be happy to help getting you started up, together with Gengy. If you want to RP something out, just give me the word and I'll send some of my own oceandwellers your way ^^. So welcome, I do look forward on getting to know a new aquatic player.

Cheers!
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    Praeclarus and the UJR have made... territorial claims on those waters,
    I'd tell you you're late to the party, but it's hard to relay a message while sleeping.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Hey QB if I were you, I probably wouldn't bother NPC'ing Dekboard since they were only around a turn and didn't have much, if any, meaningful interaction. We all know you don't need more work. (No offense meant to Durmatagno of course.)
    It is kind of a shame that we have a number of obsolete posts cluttering up the Lands thread that we can't delete. I wonder if it's possible to get the mods to do that? I suspect not. In any case if a player is leaving and their country isn't being retained as a NPC maybe we could ask them to do it? (Durmatagno, if you're still watching, by any chance...)
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

21. - Top - End - #261

We could create a new thread for it.
    "Everyfing I see is mine. All da uvver bits are mine too - I just ain't got there yet." - Grimgor Ironhide

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    I may be able to indulge you, Kasanip. The UJR would like to talk to their republican cousins in the West!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Sure! I'll send someone to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Guard View Post
    It's long overdue that I send somebody to meet the only republic I know of that's practically on my doorstep.
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperP. View Post
    Yes! I posted and made sure Mellado bumped into your Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I can, when I get to it if you still want to!
    I was meaning to ask if anyone wanted to RP with me before I left for a day, but didn't get around to it.
    Thank you, everyone! It was made the post for first reply in thread. If there is good time and place to meet, please write!

Score is usual of my relationship with dice roll. Such a pathetic performance is unfortunate and funny!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Alright folks, this should be the most up to date table for stats. I've updated luck for everyone, so if you think your Luck score (or any score) is wrong, prove it. This took me forever...

Ruler Scores Table
    Spoiler
    Show
    Region Name Player Ruler D M C F L
    Celero Logic King Rion Andust Noth 8 5 7 2 +2 (needs to roll)
    Hurosha Empire WaylanderX Emperor Sanell Fireguard 7 4 5 7 3.5
    Faedas ReggieJam Queen Loris Varinel 5 6 6 10 6.5
    UJR Legislator Snowfire Speaker Cheyna Sisvul 6 2 10 4 4.5
    UJR Executor zabbarot Manorath C. Hammer 4 5 10 2 2.5
    UJR Judicator ImperatorV Imani Mbeba 2 4 7 10 7.5
    Calorum Chief High Priestess of Fire Arvaya Divinorum 5 10 6 10 8.5
    Kingdom of Serendel TheWombatOfDoom Ridion Serendel 6 10 7 9 10
    Guilderene Expanse SamBurke Unnamed DeLuca 6 4 5 1 5.5
    Empire of the Silver Moon Lord_Burch Lord Alexander Bordeux 10 9 10 3 5.5
    Kingdom of Ashenia Elemental Queen Idrisa III 8 7 9 10 7.5
    Seaborne Confederacy lt_murgen Skipper-General Elizabeth Grant 4 5 4 6 7.5
    Salterri Heartlands Morph Bark Qzare Li Teutus 8 10 9 6 6.5
    Niskovia Kitsanth Zoran Alkaev-Nisakovich 3 4 5 4 9.5
    Glazfell BladeofObliviom King Torre Daan 10 10 10 7 10
    Kingdom of the Carmine Sea Aedilred Elwyn, King of the Jarrs &c. 10 6 8 5 3
    Caercian Consortium DurkBlanston King Augustai Caercia 6 8 6 3 7.5
    Tzalteclan TheDarkDM Teotlkan Senusret 10 10 10 10 3
    Mularuhm RandoMan High King Konrad Ringmaker 10 10 8 10 9.5
    New Crima DoomHat Good Tyrant Sarnai Eats-the-Eyes 5 5 7 1 5
    Chivalric Republic of the United Free Cities Kasanip Steward Yfa Da'at Zwei 10 6 5 3 9.5
    Holy Kingdom of Sycia HalfTangible High Priestess Marvella 9 10 10 10 7.5
    Everburning Horde Tychris1 Fel 7 10 1 10 7.5
    An Nádur Rain Dragon Ceannin Llyeth 10 4 5 10 10
    Palatinate of Myrwik Gengy Duc Fozik 7 5 6 6 7
    Tuvaak XIII Harbinger Uyarak Suluk-Tukutkaa 5 10 4 4 6
    Caramel Kingdom Philote Queen Miriel Freeform 2 6 6 4 5.5
    Thalmann Legacy NPC King Rythen 7 3 10 3 4
    Trandar NPC Raeth Tanar VII Aerdoth 2 1 8 5 3
    Kingdom of Faelthalas NPC King Trius Pyrrhanal III 8 6 6 2 3
    Kingdom of Kuldran NPC King Gamok Svinnr 6 7 3 3 2
    Ash-Kingdom of Maur Mynxae Dragon-Queen Kara Volshevrin 10 9 9 4 3
    Kingdom of the Isles Pepper Queen Areta and King Uialben 10 7 7 2 5
    Great Sharixian Republic The Blue Guard Alixvara Tierrasha 7 2 10 1 4.5
    Telek'kra Soommor Telk'Hazar Duriduo 1 6 4 6 2
    Kemuliaan The Necromancer Grandfather Thirst 4 3 3 2 2
    Dekboard Durmatagno King Tet Dekboard 3 6 6 2 1.5
    Sorry, it was not seen before reply. There are some mistakes. Yfa Da'at Zwei's attribute value:
    Diplomacy is not 10. Diplomacy is 4.
    Military is not 6. Military is 3.
    Curiosity is not 5. Curiosity is 6.
    Faith is not 3. Faith is 5.
    Luck is not 9. Luck is 10, because Luck was 9 for Round 40.

Information about Player Character and country can be seen in Character Sheet post. If there are questions, please ask me!
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Guard View Post
    We could create a new thread for it.
    It would still always happen sooner or later. But then it would also give some people a reason to update their lands posts, for making a new thread.

Do it, mod people!

Also, back from boyfriend's place so I'm free to do whatever. Will respond to any PM's in a moment, any big things happen in the past few days?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Given how long it's taken to get all the region posts in one thread and some players still haven't moved theirs over themselves (*cough*Chief*cough*), not to mention all the links around the place go to that thread and changing them would be a massive pain, I don't think a new thread is the answer, especially since as Mynxae says it would just happen again eventually.

I'm also not sure of how such a move would be interpreted in relation to the board rules. I'm not sure if reference threads are exempt from the "one subject, one thread" rule if it becomes more practical to start again, but I wouldn't want to push our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae
    Will respond to any PM's in a moment, any big things happen in the past few days?
    You might want to check out Reggie's posts in the Games thread: I think that's the major international talking-point at the moment.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

25. - Top - End - #265

Question Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIV: To Heir is Human - To Faith 10, Divine

Hi! I've been checking out EMPIRE! for a while, and I've been interested in joining. It seems like you guys need people to take over NPC factions, and I'd be happy to do so. If there's anywhere where I can check out a list of NPC factions, as well as any people I should run it by first before I join up, that would be appreciated.

The available NPC factions I've seen in the thread are as follows:
    Nixdarum
    Niemida
    The Alydaxan Dominion
    Sulvan Primarchy

If there are others, or if there's a page where I can get more info on these that'd be great.
    Hope to see you all in game soon!
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    Hi! I've been checking out EMPIRE! for a while, and I've been interested in joining. It seems like you guys need people to take over NPC factions, and I'd be happy to do so. If there's anywhere where I can check out a list of NPC factions, as well as any people I should run it by first before I join up, that would be appreciated.

Nixdarum
    Niemida
    The Alydaxan Dominion
    Sulvan Primarchy

If there are others, or if there's a page where I can get more info on these that'd be great.
    Here is the full list, from the recruitment thread:

Spoiler: Spoilered for length
    Show

Sulvan Primarchy - Much put-upon dwarves of the north-west, nearly a Great Kingdom
    Alzeroth - Human collective government, a distant vassal to the Hurosha Empire
    Warriors of Syivine - mysterious warrior nomads in the Kingdom of Ashenia
    Kingdom of Stolok - Humans and Frosten, nearly Great Kingdom vassal to Glazfell recently expanded at the expense of the Voreal Kingdom (or rather, its vassals)
    Niemida Prefecture - Humans, eastern colony of the Salterri Imperium
    Novrania - Island kingdom in the southwest with some mainland possessions, vassal to the Seaborne Confederation
    Coalition of the Abyssian Sea - underwater trilobite-people in the southeast, vassal to the Kingdom of the Carmine Sea
    Del-taihn Provinces - a small region of sheep-people in the north-west, vassal to Niskovia
    Razdis - Dwarves, vassal to Faedas
    Grand Duchy of Pavonia - Germanic themed humans in the south, recently subjugated by the Caercian Consortium and now their vassal
    North Lyradis - (not quite) half of the Kingdom of Serendel, split off to form its own faction but still a vassal of the Serendels.
    Voreal Kingdom - former Frosten imperial power in the far north recently humbled in a war with its neighbor.
    Kelldria - xenophobic exiles sulking near the south pole
    Sympolemou - Rat-men warriors, vassal to Glazfell
    Alydaxis - (mostly) Lizardfolk, Great Kingdom vassal to the Kingdom of the Silver Moon
    METAL - Orcs, Great Kingdom vassal to the Tzaltec Empire
    Ahmeskharras - Mixed orcs and humans, vassal to METAL
    Kingdom of Faelthalas - Single region kingdom with opportunities to expand in the south, vassal to the Caercian Consortium
    Tyranny of New Crima - Intense egalitarian mongol metalheads (of sorts) with a Great Kingdom possibility in the south, staunchly independent
    Kingdom of Kuldran - Polar northern kingdom, typical kingdom style expanding currently in the north
    Thalmann Legacy - Small human kingdom in the southeast
    An Nádur - Deerfolk and other variegated demihuman and fae nomads in the south

They're not in any particular order but more recently created NPCs tend to be towards the bottom.

There are also some maps on the recruitment thread which give an idea of where most of them are relative to everyone else.

Most of them have entries in the Lands of Telluris thread, for more information. Not all of them have all their regions written up as yet, and in some cases there might be other things you'd need to know, but it's probably easier to deal with that on a case-by-case basis.

In terms of people you'd want to speak to, if they're a vassal to anyone it'd probably be a good idea to speak with the liege just to make sure you think you can actually work with them(!). In some cases, the original player is actually still around and they've just moved region, so they can give you pointers with some things. And it's probably worth talking to Quinton by PM if they've been NPC for any length of time as they may have ongoing plots or projects that you can either continue or wrap up depending.

Welcome to the game, in any case!
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2015-05-25 at 02:36 PM.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post

Nixdarum
    Niemida
    The Alydaxan Dominion
    Sulvan Primarchy

Hi Zayuz! I joined and took over an NPC and whole-heartedly endorse it! Welcome aboard!
    #Notallinfluencers

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

To follow up on what Aed has said, here's a list of players you could talk to for some of the NPCs to get a bit more of a feel for what they're like or what they've done in the past:

Spoiler: Players to talk to
    Show
    If there's two people listed, the more important ones are listed first, but the other usually has some key information too.

Sulvan Primarchy - Lord_Burch and Elemental
    Alzeroth - WaylanderX
    Warriors of Syivine - QuintonBeck [Head GM]
    Kingdom of Stolok - BladeofObliviom (note the m)
    Niemida Prefecture - Morph Bark
    Novrania - lt_murgen
    Coalition of the Abyssian Sea - RandoMan and Aedilred
    Del-taihn Provinces - Kitsanth
    Razdis - Reggiejam and TheWombatOfDoom
    Grand Duchy of Pavonia - DurkBlanston and Morph Bark
    North Lyradis - TheWombatOfDoom
    Voreal Kingdom - BladeofObliviom
    Kelldria - QuintonBeck [Head GM]
    Sympolemou - Tychris1
    Alydaxis - Lord_Burch
    METAL - QuintonBeck [Head GM] and TheDarkDM
    Ahmeskharras - QuintonBeck [Head GM] and TheDarkDM
    Kingdom of Faelthalas - DurkBlanston and Morph Bark
    Tyranny of New Crima - ...I'm not sure who the best person to talk to would be, since they have quite a tumultuous history.
    Kingdom of Kuldran - They're close to a blank slate, as far as I'm aware.
    Thalmann Legacy - Aedilred
    An Nádur - Rain Dragon
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

29. - Top - End - #269

I took over an NPC (I think I was the first to do so? One of the first) And I couldn't be happier. NPCs are very interesting and delving into their history and interactions and importance in the game is, imo, far more interesting than making your own nation with no history but what you give it. I would also wager we've retained more people who take up NPCs than start fresh in recent times.
    Last edited by Reggiejam; 2015-05-25 at 05:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello, I was invited to this game and it looks quite interesting. I was shown Pavonia and Faelthalas as NPCs and both look interesting. I don't remember the screen name of my friend, but he seemed to think Pavonia would be more interesting. Is that a good NPC to pick up in other people's opinions? I trust him, but I would appreciate more opinions (or if another NPC would be better for a noob to pick up) He said this was a very friendly forum so I look forward to getting to know you all!