New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] [SWN] Red Raven

Beckett

Spoiler: Next Day; Angel
    Show
    Beckett looked up at Angel like she was a student that had spoken out of turn without raising her hand. "Low velocity rounds and hollow-points, mandatory on ships, can't puncture the hull." he said first. One never used armor piercing rounds on a ship for fear of poking a hole in a bulkhead. That was rule number one of shipboard combat. "Energy weapons can be set to low power for the same reason." Likewise, you could turn an energy pistol into pretty much a big laser pointer for some target practice. "And whether I think we'll need it is irrelevant. Always best to be prepared in the case we do rather than get caught with our pants around our ankles."
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2015-05-22 at 05:08 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Beckett & plus whoever
    Show
    Mal faintly nods along. "I couldn't agree more." After seeing the knife Mal excuses herself to go get her tools since she's being required to stay.

Returning. "I won't be able to do everything here. A significant portion of the body is going to be need remade, at least for my current design. Hand tools aren't going to cut it and I'll need the workshop eventually." She takes a seat at the table, her tools and dataslab being placed next to the weapons.

A new folder is created, it's always a little joy to see a new one. As of late she's been able to listen to her music however she pleases, but this time she's not alone. The volume on her slab gets turned low, a soft energetic music in a foreign language starts to play, and Mal starts her project. "That's a good idea, you know? To make sure they're separable. I was considering that before, but I really wanted to guarantee the structural integrity of the mechanism. I'll have to reconsider my design." She looks up at his face. "Want to help? I sure could use your experience. I might be able to skip a version or two."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Beckett

Spoiler: First Day; Mal
    Show
    Beckett just grunted an affirmative. Anything having to do with the weapons he wanted to supervise on. The armory was his department, and he wanted to be there to have his input on her designs, since he'd used something similar in combat before. It would keep her from having to reinvent the wheel.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Luis Gavilan

"I don't think I value privacy more than anyone else." Luis tapped the side of his head, "Up here, though, for many people on many worlds, this is their only refuge. Inside your own head you don't have to pretend to be polite for the sake of harmony with others. You can indulge in fantasies about your crush without making things awkward with them. If you're having a bad day and you're thinking nasty thoughts about someone, if those thoughts stay in your head, you can still work with that someone when you're feeling better the next day."

"I want my crewmates who value that privacy to know that they can keep it. Not only because I can't actually read minds, but also because I wouldn't read theirs if I could. I want them to be able to keep that refuge if they want."

"So yeah, I do have a small gift for empathy. It's not quite telepathy, but I can get a good fix on the nuances of someone's emotional state. I can also get a heart restarted if it's stopped--very valuable for a medical tech. As long as the brain hasn't been deprived of oxygen for too long, I can revive someone who's clinically dead if I act quickly enough."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Mal & Luis

Not to disregard what Luis said, but add to it, "It'd be better if everyone stopped being so dam sensitive and could actually accept their emotions. Everything doesn't have to be secrets and lies. If I'm having a crap day and someone is getting in my way, I'd let them know. On their crap day, I'd give them a pass too."

"I mean, if you really wanted to you could look at the massive amount of data the ship is collecting on us right now. You could look up nearly all my biological data/functions on life support. That data is keeping us alive. Collect enough data and a computer can predict my actions better than a loved one or myself." She shakes her head.

"I'll call you if I have any heart problems. That's good to know." An amused chuckle escapes her.

"I may not understand the sentiment, but I can understand it's important to you. I guess that's what you call empathy. Maybe, I'm a psychic too." She laughs at her own bad joke. "You may have gotten a set of mixed dice, but part of you is lucky. What I'd give to be able to experience someone else's emotions with an ounce of authenticity. It'd be interesting enough just to have my own emotions read."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"...If you must." Angel said, eventually. "Anything goes wrong, mind, i'm looking at you."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Red Raven exits Spike space in Edgerim, now short one unit of fuel and 35 units of life support. Moros and Avim are both a day away. Which will the crew go to first?
    Some kind of word-witch. She/her. Find more of my stuff at my new website!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

At the helm, there was barely a judder as the Raven's spike drive disengaged, and the bright globe of Edgerim phased in in front of them.

"Easy." Angel said cheerfully. "Like I said, dance on the head of a spike. I've got a course plotted for Moros - should be six hours or so. We'll be arriving about local noon, I think."

9. - Top - End - #99

14th February, 3213 C.E.
    The Red Raven soars through the starry expanse, on a course for Moros. Now, a full day after arriving in the system, it arrives at the skies of the temperate planet, seeing the shining seas and rocky land, full of majestic mountains. A place once considered idyllic, at least before a genocide marred it forever.

Over the southern hemisphere orbits a single station, while over the northern hemisphere, three space stations orbit, each packing weaponry. One of the north stations, Station Moros-2, sends a brief probe at your ship to identify primary language, then a communication link opens, a calm, almost bored male voice emerging from the speakers. In English, he says, "This is Station Moros-2, an official Etura station assigned to monitoring the planet Moros, currently under the control of Commander Hassan. Please state your intended destination, captain's name, business on the planet, and dock at the station indicated to be examined for any illegal items or blacklisted personnel. Thank you for cooperating, may you have a pleasant stay on Moros."

A quick scan of the indicated station shows it to be a Shantadurga station, one of the more powerful and combat-focused space station designs from Bannerjee Constructions. And, as you scan, you identify a second signature, this one a ship. A Cruiser-class vessel, proudly emblazoned the Bright Voyage.

Spoiler: Destination
    Show
    You're headed to Tarkin, a small village in the northern hemisphere.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Travel from one stellar region to another (i.e. one planet to another, or the edge of the system to a planet) usually takes 48 hours, and your drive cuts that time in half, for 24.
    Last edited by Malexia; 2015-06-01 at 11:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Angel took one hand off the sticks - this high-alt, piloting was almost optional - and swung the microphone from it's holster to her mouth. "Hola Moros-2, this is Red Raven, captained by the lovely Malaika Nadiyya. We're headed for Tarkin, up north, with some toys for the good boys and girls. Adjusting course to dock now - where do you want us?"

11. - Top - End - #101

The voice on the other end gets a little sharper, revealing his Korean accent, and he says, "You should be receiving a navpoint now. Define 'toys'." Sure enough, you get a beacon at a small hangar bay.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

"On my way. Mal, what is it we're carrying?" Angel moved the headset out to arms length away from her mouth, made some muttering speech noises, and brought it back. "My glorious captain tells me we have several crates worth of food here, in fact, presumably of a kind they can't just buy on-world."

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    "On my way. Mal, what is it we're carrying?" Angel moved the headset out to arms length away from her mouth, made some muttering speech noises, and brought it back. "My glorious captain tells me we have several crates worth of food here, in fact, presumably of a kind they can't just buy on-world."
    The man grunts, and says, "Proceed to the location, then have your entire crew standing at the ready in the cargo bay. Your cargo will be checked, as will your crew."

The hangar beacon blinks at you again, and the comms go quiet.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Beckett

"He didn't sound particularly happy." Beckett deadpanned from the hatch leading into the cockpit. "We won't be able to fight our way out of this if they find anything. Everything's pretty well hidden, but if they decide to arrest us or impound the ship while they've got us docked we're not going to have a good time of things." he warned. And they didn't have much money to pay any fines. All because of some hard-assed inspection officer that took his job way too seriously.

"Maybe we should rig up an 'accident' that will force us to undock for the station's safety. Fake a radiation leak or something, just in case they decide to haul us all in." he suggested.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll be docking with them in a few minutes - there's nothing I can do in that time save tear a few random wires out and hope." Angel shrugged. "Brazen it out. Don't flinch. We're far too boring for them to bother with."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Mikael leaves all his gear except for a single revolver in his bunk, and heads down to the cargo bay, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.